PDA

View Full Version : Nuke Siren poll

Higor
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Just throwing some more ideas and getting feedback.

Variables may bug on some maps, my idea for determining range is to find all player starts and pick the biggest distance between a pair.
Which will obviously render the Siren useless in maps like TwinLabs... unless somebody has another good idea.

~~D4RR3N~~
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank you for listening to my idea of the poll :P xDD
Nice options Higor!

Hope this can FINALLY solute NS problems :S

Scourge
01-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Find the distance from the core to the map's furthest boundary within a closed space that is connected to the core. Set the nuke siren's initial detection range to 10% of this value, then add 11%, 12%, 13%, 14%, and finally 15% with each additional upgrade, respectively.

If you can just find that distance, my suggestion wins.

!DEAD
01-08-2013, 05:56 AM
very well

SAM
01-08-2013, 06:30 AM
how about doing what scourge said but based on max dustance between cores instead? It should provide a smaller range

Keith
01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
1200 with expensive upgrades seems good

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-08-2013, 09:36 AM
50-60% on all maps at 2.5k would be good

Scourge
01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
how about doing what scourge said but based on max dustance between cores instead? It should provide a smaller range

Cores can be extremely close together in maps, which is why I've modified my suggestion to make the distance on which the range is based the longest distance between a boundary of a closed space containing the core and the core itself. The only time this would present a problem is if teleportation was required to access the core in a remote space that isn't connected to the rest of the map, but no examples of this do (or should) exist.

This distance would probably be a difficult value to acquire, as might the walking distance between two cores in as direct a path as possible. We could do "distance between cores," but it would also require a calculation of the most direct walking path between the two cores; which distance is used for the range would depend on which is greater. If the walking distance is greater, then the maximum range should be half of the walking distance; otherwise, it should be up to 75% of the distance between cores.

I encourage whoever will be doing future dev on the siren to consider that the range is a cylinder and that 50% of the map coverage is likely to mean that the nuke siren should have potentially 100% map coverage if placed in the center; a nuke siren with 50% map coverage will only effectively cover 25% when placed at one end of the map, rendering it effectively useless on booster-jetpack maps.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
1200 with expensive upgrades seems good
i agree with keith

1200 ru for make siren

lv1 = +90
lv2 = +180
lv3 = +270
lv4 = +360
lv5 = +450

siren lv 5 radius = high range (60% of minicivil area)

Higor
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Base upgrade cost is 50...
I'd make it 150 if Expensive poll wins.

~~D4RR3N~~
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
AdRiaN;49379]i agree with keith

1200 ru for make siren

lv1 = +90
lv2 = +180
lv3 = +270
lv4 = +360
lv5 = +450

siren lv 5 radius = high range (60% of minicivil area)
Agree, but higor told me that the higher lvl NS is, it won't affect range...
I mean: Higher lvl ≠ Higher range

terminator
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Can u guys recheck UDamage under items?? it costs 2500 and upgrade does nothing at all but takes your RU.
It's pretty expensive and no one is using it therefore i think.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Can u guys recheck UDamage under items?? it costs 2500 and upgrade does nothing at all but takes your RU.
It's pretty expensive and no one is using it therefore i think.

it's a nuke siren thread, but lets go

udamage multiply the damage in 2 times, double nuke + udamage the core = 80%!!!

udamage lv 5 = 3x damage, double nuke with udamagethe core = 120%

i really dont think a good idea decrease the value... but increase the extra damage time can be good.
but now i want to know, the udamage that respanw on mid, increase the damage of nuke??

so many times i got it and nuked the core, but the damage was the same... the mid udamage is the classic one, not the siege version

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-10-2013, 10:37 AM
the amp from mid is the standard ut one and it does amplify the damage so i dont know where you got the above from?

Disturbed//*.
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
AdRiaN;49474']it's a nuke siren thread, but lets go

Higor can explain the amps. We where goofing around and found out that one amp is stronger then the other, forget wich one.

Higor
01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Player default scale 1.6 (ut hardcore mode)

Buildable AMP:
Scaling = 2.0 + (level / 10)

Mid AMP = 3.0

Neff
01-14-2013, 12:21 AM
I liked Siege without the Nuke Siren... I'm tired of seeing people wait in their base to get kills and nukekills.

Siege used to be more intense and more fast paced, now I see a lot of fast strafing sniper dm'ing and defending. For example Vatiko's primary source of RU used to be nukes... not sure what happend to him.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Player default scale 1.6 (ut hardcore mode)

Buildable AMP:
Scaling = 2.0 + (level / 10)

Mid AMP = 3.0

mid amp increase the nuke damage?

|uK|kenneth
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
change hyper leecher from mid its useless right now...

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
nuke siren is for pussies!

~~D4RR3N~~
01-14-2013, 12:31 PM
For example Vatiko's primary source of RU used to be nukes... not sure what happend to him.
He was banned a long ago...

terminator
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
nuke siren is for pussies!

^
So what are we talking about and even having such a poll with so many pointless option when DIS GUY said all about it!

SogeKing
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Where is the "Delete Nuke Siren from public" option?
I find it more fun when I don't know when the nukers are gonna come.
You stay more alert because you never know...at any second you might get nuked! (like you're being hunted or something )

Plus the games tend to end faster...instead of dragging for what it feels like an eternity!

quick games = more fun + more maps + more siege (Soge Mathematics)

SAM
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Let's take out NS shall we? All this looks like to me is we are going back to siegextreme/xxl2g (not a bad thing)

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-15-2013, 02:42 AM
called for old siege ages ago, now you'll see who the "better" players are

|uK|chiseller
01-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Yup, remove it. Now add the nuke on the back and it makes sense :)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Yup, remove it. Now add the nuke on the back and it makes sense :)

i agree with chis
or nuke on back
or nuke siren...

without nuke siren, the defences players will need more skill, not only aim... hear trans, speed sound, calculate that time after that nuke build alert sound... nuke siren is shit, but the noobs love it =(

then the way is make that i said, low cost, high cost for upgrade

terminator
01-15-2013, 03:21 PM
quick games = more fun + more maps + more siege (Soge Mathematics)

Should add this to my signature!
WELL SAID!

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
just go back to how it used to be, OLD SIEGE FTW!

|uK|chiseller
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
just go back to how it used to be, OLD SIEGE FTW!
Old siege is shit, that's why no one ever voted it when it was still in the vote mutator. Some things used to be better but this nostalgia crap is just bullshit.

Novak
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Let's take out NS shall we? All this looks like to me is we are going back to siegextreme/xxl2g (not a bad thing)

This poll and thread predated my arrival on the forums. Personally think that if nuke siren stays it should have EXTREMELY limited radius, just enough for players already in base to rush back and maybe have one or two combo opportunities against an inc trans'er, for instance. Public Siege is training grounds for improvement of skill, not a place for nubs to loiter in eternally long nub nuke siren spamming games. That should be the incentive for having a nuke siren, to let you know that you should be paying attention to nukes anyway but it is a last resort for newer siegers.

Fair to higher skilled games that occur on public (which do occur regularly each day) should not feature nuke sirens, at least built by any of the more skilled players IMO. Kind of a silent ethic that improves game play and features Soge Mathematics. SogeKing lel

:ape:

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I disagree, the high price of the upgrades as it is now compensates each level, now say for example you are on clarion, as soon as that siren goes off, you know for a fact the nuker has already kitted themselves out with shield, boots, trans, jetpack etc. and they are coming at you within seconds of that alarm going off, if the radius is reduced then you hear the siren and then feel a nuke blast within seconds, no one has the time to react.

I voted for the nuke siren to be high range but very expensive upgrade, this in my opinion balances out the individual types of maps, like comparing clarion and blackriver, both popular maps, but very different in distance and playing style, i personally think this is balanced with the new nuke siren setup in public siege where you have people from amateur to skilled.

if you want a challenge then sign up to play a pug match, there is no nuke siren or emp or neutron, i dont understand the people on public that its too easy for the skilled, then all i have to say to that is "type !PUG" and join the pug if you want to play other skilled players.

why more dont join pug is beyond me, isnt rocket science. :)

.seVered.][
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
In case your not aware... To adjust your NukeSiren settings open Siege.ini in the UT\System folder:

[SiegeUltimateRC18.sgClient]
BindSlot1=
BindSlot2=
bUseSmallGui=False
bOldConstructor=True
bBuildingLights=False
GuiSensitivity=0.500000
SirenVol=0.600000
FingerPrint=
bFPnoReplace=False