PDA

View Full Version : skin hack or bug?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
01-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Was a spectator on the England, and saw this guy. I reconnected a bunch of times and reset ut, to check if it was bugged on my end.

Higor
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
It's a missing face on the Aphex skin...
When the user selects Aphex skin and specifies no face (or wrong one) via INI or INT definition, it loads no texture.

SAM, perhaps I could patch this with the NoIvanCrash as well...

Keith
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah looks like a texture bug, it's no big deal though you can clearly see what team he is in

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I've seen something like this b4. If the client is using some different skin than the default skin, the white/green/burnt looking stuff will show up. I can come in the server with a complete different skin to wear but it will not show the skin that I'm wearing beside myself and anyone else who have the skin installed on their UT. Of course as an example. & Reason why that will show up because the server do not have the skin or texture installed of what the client is wanting to wear (the white/green 1.)

So in general idea, it is normal for servers to show something like that.

Now the other hand of the story, if the server have Valhalla Avatar, then you would more likely to see all kinds of different customized skin. Well not just only the skin, but different voice pack as well but that will also get abused... unless you know how to turn off taunt and not hear it on your end but I normally don't do that unless someone is actually annoying to spam their voice pack.

Higor I never heard of NoIvanCrash. What is it?

Higor
01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
This is only a design error from Epic on the Aphex skin, far simpler and stupid than any skinhack...
The NoIvanCrash is a server actor I made that's running on uK servers to prevent ppl from crashing others' D3D renderer with the Ivan skin.

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Ok. I thought it was similar to the NoD3D crash.

Higor
01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
The NoD3D crash fills the server with accessed none logs and kicks the player instead of correcting his face texture, I would never run that.

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I noticed that. So many lines. Is there some differences between NoD3D crash and NoIvanCrash?

Higor
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
NoD3Dcrash is recommended for deathmatch servers because it checks all the time, and players can alter their skins on deathmatch.
When skins are locked (mostly team games), I'd use my NoIvanCrash since the only necessary thing to do is check a player's login attempt and alter it before the actual player is created, doesn't kick or check all the time, it simply turns the IVAN face into VON.

Since we're only hooked to player's login attempts, adding another case for aphex skins is pretty simple.

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds good. Tbh I didn't notice about some kind of crash... or peoples I usually know is just innocent and don't do wrong lol.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
i wouldnt mind being hooked up with that if you can pm it to me higor.

Higor
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Chamberly
I once accidentally used the Ivan face instead of Von on the Siege server (i had that face enabled due to my researches lol) and after taunting Ha Ha Ha!, at least 10 players timed out a few seconds later...
And NoD3Dcrash was running on that server...

Fluke, I could have sworn I gave it to Schlong... but have a copy, the both of you.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/NoIvanCrash.u
It is a mutator that automatically hooks itself to the chain when spawned, so set it up as a serveractor.
ServerActors=NoIvanCrash.NoIvanCrash

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Wow! That is so crazy! & Thanks for the download link. Def would probably do good for future reference.

Had to dl dropbox again b/c I swapped out my hard drive... lol.

This also cause no problem with ACE & UTPure? I know... odd to ask. Well don't think it would be... but would have to ask.

& the link just give me some kind of a script page.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Higor, that link gives me the source code, should it be doing that?... of course i can use that code and compile it but would prefer the finished .u if possible?

schlong lost a lot of stuff a little while back so it may be that.

Higor
01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Silly dropbox...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/NoIvanCrash.u?dl=1
With ?dl=1 should work

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
That worked. Thanks.

nOs*Wildcard
01-17-2013, 04:48 AM
So what does this D3D crash look exactly when players crashed others with different faces, Was it an oversized texture crash?