Siege Ultimate RC16 [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate RC16

Higor
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Changelog:

Score awards for nuke killers, 10 for midair takedown, 5 for nuke building (+200 RU), 5 or 10 for nuke carrier.
Supplier initial ammo kick in is done based on weapon's default PickupAmmoCount var now, less exploits with spammers and campers resupplying 50% ammo in an instant (it's possible in all Sieges).
Log warnings fixed for spectators and players that join midgame (one per building).
50 RU crystals are less laggy, the number 50 seen in them are now processed on the viewport machine, reducing the network load.
Armor and buildings adjust their own network update rate to reduce bandwidth usage and server load.
Removal is now controlled by a variable, cores are always bNoRemove, and explosive class buildings (not mines) become bNoRemove after reaching 100%.
Pulse rifle display fixed for third person view.
The Pulse Rifle and Hyper Leecher will properly restock themselves after being picked a second time.
GetNuke bind for the lazy.
SummonB command for admins and single player mode, SUMMONB CLASSNAME TEAM
Added enhanced navigation and chasing features to spectators.
Super Protectors will no longer attack defeated players.
RemoveGuardian is now built-in and can be enabled with bUseRemoveGuardian in SiegeGI.
Translocators will not bounce off platforms anymore.
Antigravity platforms aren't as buggy on clients.
Smoke generators are now simulated instead of sent via net, also no longer stay after repairing a mine.
Fixed Flak Cannon led display in presence of mines.
Jetpacks should be better responsive on high pings.
Poison Guardian's effect on players fixed on clients, also use less bandwidth.
Messages broadcasted for Warhead, Neutron Bomb, EMP Bomb destruction.
ALT Nuke Siren detection range doubled, price reduced to 1200, upgrade is 250 base.

Game by rounds implemented:
With increased RU production rates teams must play as many rounds as there are teams (2 teams = 2 rounds, 4 teams = 4 rounds).
The team to win all, or the minimum required amount of rounds wins the match, theres a tiebreaker round plus elimination if there's tied team by the end of the final round.
Round time is half the configured time (40 in case of pub server), overtime on round mode sets cores to 5% with inability to repair.
Round mode can be specified by maps that want to force it (or unforce it) or by loading the map with this parameter: ?roundmode=1
(2 teams only) When playing rounds combined with core randomizer, cores will swap locations on each round.
Rounds can also be enabled on mapvotes by loading this mutator: (siegepackage).SiegeRounds

Experimental FingerPrint system:
Will be used to replace Building's owner code and to recover RU without errors.
The fingerprint is autogenerated on join, can be edited by the user via INI (not ingame).
The user may specify whether to have his fingerprint autogenerated again if in use by another player (default) or disconnecting without changing it.
If the FingerPrint is not sent to the server, the player may not start building and will eventually be kicked from the game.
FingerPrints will allow a player to recover ownership of his own buildings after reconnecting with different name, ip, even computer.

================

Ideas for future releases:
Adding an extra RU efficiency stat on the SiegeStats page (based on Scourge's idea).
This stat will be calculated from 2 variables (RU in, RU out) held on the sgPRI, with proper coding these 2 vars can be read by external packages... like a team balancer.

Spy suit:
Changes your team color and doesn't activate Protectors/Super Protectors, mines can still kill you, players can still see your color on the HUD when aiming at you.

SAM
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Spy suit sound amazing! Good job on the rest higor :)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
finilly, a pre update thread for discuss what is good or not is all that i was asking for

thanks for this higor, now the siege updates will be better for all players!

this spy suit, can be picked up with trans, invis, speed etc?
this suit is almost so good like a rubber suit ... will be too fucking very easy to nuke in all maps!

i suggest you make it lost the effect if the player get another attack item, and what will be the price? something like 1250?

(it's a rubber suit, that change your team collor! but maybe impossible to combine with other attack itens... this item can not be cheap lel)

Disturbed//*.
01-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Maybe someday will get that idea of yours in here higor with them rounds. I really liked that.

'Zac
01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
i like the spysuit idea, but the question that ive been thinking and thinking about if all possible...can you go through the opposing teams built teles???o.O

edit: one thing that i think would be a good idea was the fake " Jokers" nuke, that acts like a real nuke but it doesnt shoot a missle, and triggers the nuke siren on pub, and costs about half of what a real nuke is, AKA about 600-700 RU.

Higor
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Well, the spy suit has the potential to be a very powerful item unless properly priced...
How much did the Heat Visor cost in the first version?

Stuff:
Shield Belt will expose a spy suiter.
Mines will detonate.
Motion alarms will be triggered, so will nuke sirens.
Spy suiters can enter enemy base and kill enemy nukers/nukes while they're preparing (lol).

Moskva
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Thermal Visor was 500, but we all know it was a bullshit cover to hide the cheat so whatever price it would've been wouldnt really matter

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-15-2013, 02:48 AM
personally dont see any use of a spy suit as there is already a rubber suit that does everything a spy suit does..... so its pretty much just a rubber suit renamed

i dont see how you will be able to determine "campers" and people who are solely just defending because their team will get pounded otherwise thus affecting supplier ammo?

|uK|chiseller
01-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Spy suit, finally! I think I suggested that like over a year ago. Can't wait to try it out.
Though, I don't think it should be combinable with nukes. Maybe even disable the use of RC & mortar bombs while wearing it.
It is indeed similar to the rubber suit but unlike the rubber suit no one suspects you to be the enemy.
Cost: 1500?

Finally you get rewarded for killing nuke builds. The reward should be higher though.

Promising update and like adrian said, it's good that you posted this beforehand.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-15-2013, 08:21 AM
another question

your idea is put this spy suit on constructor for everyone build it when want (and when have ru)

or add this suit as a mid item? well, all strong suit currentlly is only spawned on mid... the only suits that the players can build is that anti damage zone suits.

btw, i think all mid suits and weapons should be buildable.

rubber suit - 2000 RU, an amizing attack item, if combinated with other item is almost impossible to fail double nuking, making tele in maps like bluevember etc...

metal suit - 1350 RU, nice item for snipers defend is big maps, but this item cant have a low value, cuz everyone know is hard to destroy the suit when some players are using it.

Blue gun - already allowed for build =]

hyper leech - decrase the value? 300?

Insta - 1200 RU - nice defence item for low ping players (its not fair!), mainly for kill nukers, flamers or for kill players with metal/rubber/spy suit

Ape Cannon - 650 RU - good only for closed maps (niven, biohazard, vember bases...). but who know use it can rape with this gun

Flame Thower - 2900 RU - if you know how use it, you can recover all ru that you used for make it, and you still can burn everything while make bombs on core... i dont like this gun its too powerful, and currently its a luck item...

MegaHealth - ?, rubber/spy + mega health? you can get too many head shots, fall in a lot of mines that you will not die! idk what value is good... keep it only on mid =)

Higor
01-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Updated first post.
Before you whine, I'll just tell you that round mode has to be forced as it never loads by default.

Keith
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Insta should be expensive, it's an awesome weapon. 3000 at least

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
can i ask who said mid powerups will be buildable?

they are called powerups for a reason.

|uK|chiseller
01-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Yea, none of them should be buildable.
Dafuq is round mode?

Higor
01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Round mode differences:

All produced (and lost via deaths) RU is doubled.
Round time limit is half the main time limit.
Round count is = team count, with extra tiebreaker if necessary.
Teams aren't eliminated in round mode, except on the tiebreaker (teams that aren't tied are out on the final round).
When round ends, all cores are reset, builds destroyed and RU set to 0.
There's a 10 second timeout to prepare for next round once a round ends.
Upon new round, all players respawn, RU created again and mid is reset to 50% of it's initial timer.
On overtime, cores go to 5% and can't be repaired to force a quick round end.

Basically, it's playing two faster paced games in a row where you can quickly correct past mistakes on the second (or third round).

'Zac
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
i was just thinking about mid for a second after adrians reply, there should be MORE mid GUNS. Most of the guns that spawn on mid are well, kinda old now in my opinion. there should be like mutated guns that have the same models as the default ones. for example, a rocketlauncher thats like a ripper and bounces off the walls!!! or a nuke ( looks dif from the outside view AKA 3th person) that shoots out rockets really fast and makes like a tracer line of smoke behind it! idk lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Round mode differences:

All produced (and lost via deaths) RU is doubled.
Round time limit is half the main time limit.
Round count is = team count, with extra tiebreaker if necessary.
Teams aren't eliminated in round mode, except on the tiebreaker (teams that aren't tied are out on the final round).
When round ends, all cores are reset, builds destroyed and RU set to 0.
There's a 10 second timeout to prepare for next round once a round ends.
Upon new round, all players respawn, RU created again and mid is reset to 50% of it's initial timer.
On overtime, cores go to 5% and can't be repaired to force a quick round end.

Basically, it's playing two faster paced games in a row where you can quickly correct past mistakes on the second (or third round).

That sounds like MLSG style settings or PUG, nice idea.

The only other issue i can think of would be mid spawns, make sure they randomize more, some matches you get crap 10 times in a row and i have lost count on some maps that the first 5 or 6 items spawned are flame, make sure each spawn gets a count out of at least 3 before they can spawn again, maybe even cycle through from lowest spawn (smallest crystal maybe) then work their way up in an order and then randomize as by that time the map will be in full swing.

having flame after flame in a row when you have only just built SS wrecks the game.

either way, damn good job Higor for doing version after version and only having small issues really, people hate change in mod upgrades and will always whine but i know as well as higor does that a lot of the changes/fixes made the players wont see or ever know about, just remember a developer fixes bugs in code as well as add new stuff, so dont think what you see is what has been done, doesnt work like that.

ps: back to mid, I thought of a weapon but might clash and get negative responses but oh well........... what about an EMP gun?, same style as flame but whatever it hits has the emp effect, you dont get anything from it RU wise, it can be used as a tactic weapon for teams working together, just a suggestion

|uK|Grimreaper
01-15-2013, 09:20 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};49779]ps: back to mid, I thought of a weapon but might clash and get negative responses but oh well........... what about an EMP gun?, same style as flame but whatever it hits has the emp effect, you dont get anything from it RU wise, it can be used as a tactic weapon for teams working together, just a suggestion

i was thinking about that to but to balance it out with the flame we call it freeze gun :P
just like naliweapons if u shoot at players the players freeze but only for a few secs should be awesome

'Zac
01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
i was thinking about that to but to balance it out with the flame we call it freeze gun :P
just like naliweapons if u shoot at players the players freeze but only for a few secs should be awesome

yeah that FREEZE gun and the EMP gun are very smart ideas, but they cant be a fucken pulse rifle model ffs -.-. what about a ripper? or rocket launcher?!?!?! oh yeah, i got an idea for a gun! its right here---------> The Reverser!!! so you shoot it at a building and it does this wierd flare thing for about 5 seconds and if you dont repair it in time, it changes to youre color, well leech ffs. can be good to put youre enemy's buildings against them, and can be a good use on Niven whne they build at the friggin door.

Scourge
01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
personally dont see any use of a spy suit as there is already a rubber suit that does everything a spy suit does..... so its pretty much just a rubber suit renamed

Thing is, rubber suits are very prominent. Anyone who's wearing a rubber suit will be shot at by either team; the same team will only stop when it realizes that the wearer is in fact on their team. Spy suits are different - Your first instinct isn't to shoot your teammate, especially if they look like they're in the middle of defending.

Though, I don't think it should be combinable with nukes. Maybe even disable the use of RC & mortar bombs while wearing it.
It is indeed similar to the rubber suit but unlike the rubber suit no one suspects you to be the enemy.
Cost: 1500?

Spy suits, if implemented, should be very time-limited. Also, they should change the player skin if the opposing team has all identical skins.

I would put the cost at 1200 with no ability to stack it with a jetpack.

Higor, excellent news on the horizon :) If I may, I'd like to suggest !leech/!tutorial options. !tutorial would toggle the display of descriptions/advice for buildings (when accessed via the constructor or highlighted with the crosshair), while !leech would place a vote for putting the game into leech mode, cancelling the round's effects on server stats.

Also, I like the Freeze Gun, but I still like Freeze Grenades better :)

Other suggestions:
- Reduce the cost of the pulse rifle to 700
- Reduce the cost of the Bio Bomb or remove it
- Increase the cost of speed to 750

Chamberly
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Any idea when I'd get a message across my screen (probably green) saying "%Player stepped on your mine! Here is some %bonus!" ?? lol...

Scourge
01-15-2013, 10:51 PM
That reminds me, some nuke kill notifications are missing, as are kill streak interruptions and kill notifications caused by mines and some forms of suicide.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Thing is, rubber suits are very prominent. Anyone who's wearing a rubber suit will be shot at by either team; the same team will only stop when it realizes that the wearer is in fact on their team. Spy suits are different - Your first instinct isn't to shoot your teammate, especially if they look like they're in the middle of defending.

Spy suits, if implemented, should be very time-limited. Also, they should change the player skin if the opposing team has all identical skins.

I would put the cost at 1200 with no ability to stack it with a jetpack.

Higor, excellent news on the horizon :) If I may, I'd like to suggest !leech/!tutorial options. !tutorial would toggle the display of descriptions/advice for buildings (when accessed via the constructor or highlighted with the crosshair), while !leech would place a vote for putting the game into leech mode, cancelling the round's effects on server stats.

Also, I like the Freeze Gun, but I still like Freeze Grenades better :)

Other suggestions:
- Reduce the cost of the pulse rifle to 700
- Reduce the cost of the Bio Bomb or remove it
- Increase the cost of speed to 750
speed cost is perfect, but how im saying months ago, this item should have a time limit, increased by upgrade... metal suit + speed sucks

Any idea when I'd get a message across my screen (probably green) saying "%Player stepped on your mine! Here is some %bonus!" ?? lol...

yes, i agree
a message for mine, for sm and another for neutron, on mid of screen
like the normal kill messages: "you killed %p"

SilverWing
01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Idea 1 (Inspired by LOL, THE HATE ITS GOING TO BRING, and also NailWeapons)

Buffs! So I see some post about more stuff people spawned in mid. So I was thinking, why not add some buffs? Pretty much there is buffs that you can pick up in mid that last only for 30-60 seconds. Some buffs can be like:

Speed Buff – Increases movement speed(Like Speed) and attack speed
Attack Buff – Pretty much like Damage Amp
Defense Buff – Lets you take less damage
RU Buff – Doubles the amount RU you get from the Core
Knock Back Buff – Same as NailWeapons Knock Back

Idea 2

Tiers! So some buildings (Supplier, Healthpod, and containers) in case of replacing them, why not upgrade them to the next tier? For example:-

Someone makes a supplier, it’s at lvl 5. So where is says “bah bah RU needed till Next Upgrade” it should say “1500 RU needed till next Tier”. Once the team feeds 1500 RU into the Supplier it evolves into Super Supplier.
And this concept should be applied to Supplier, HealthPod, Container (should have 3 Tiers as Container X should be the 2nd Tier), and Motion Alarm (Becomes a NukeSiren)

Idea 3

So this idea is for the noobs that build Warheads before building the base. You should set a build rule into Warheads that doesn’t allow a team to build Warheads unless certain buildings are built. For example:-

Warheads can’t be built before Super Supplier, Super Health Pod, and Super Container (or if Max RU is above 2000).

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-16-2013, 09:07 AM
RU Buff – Doubles the amount RU you get from the Core

----- what is the effect time?

Idea 2

----- is not good for some maps, i already though suggest this, but it's not a good idea

Idea 3

----- Nuke only allowed after other build... ok, it's good for noobs. but some times is good make a nuke fast, before the shp (only allow after sc is insane, many maps sc is almost or completly useless).

there are not so many noobs that make nukes before the base, is best warning these guys that force a time for start making nukes

|uK|chiseller
01-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Idea 1 sounds good but it shouldn't influence the game too much - like the flame in the early stages of a game
Idea 2 like Adrian said, in some maps it might be bad, so you should have both poossiblities (upgrading existing buildings/or making it seperately)
Idea 3 not really needed

Chamberly
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM
1 you remind me of some relics stuff. don't want too much of stuff spawning in the air... lol
2 i think it may be a lil bit too much. maybe a few item.
3 no doubt that noob will notice, they'll learn as they play as always. like all of us. LOL.

SilverWing
01-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that posts. Please only post if you have something valuable to say, if not keep it to your self. Keep the thread clean, so Higor has easier time to read the comments and other too. Message that have no purpose will be deleted.

SAM, Hope this fine and i'm not going out of my way.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
adrian you cant whine about everything, if you cant hit someone stop trying.

anyway

the idea about buffs, i dont agree on attack speed, a slight movement speed would be good i guess but not as fast as building speed from the constructor all the other buffs would be good

idea 2 and 3 is kinda gay considering the variety of maps

also like to add that building a super container even in small maps isnt useless, you get more ru max and it helps other buildings around it

'Zac
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
WARNING HATE HERE
fuck LoL their called relics, you can put them in as mutators and their default which equals NO DOWNLOAD
same with adrian about idea 2, bad on all maps in my opinion
about idea 3, how will the sup/ the game know where ' past ' or ' behind ' the supplier is??!!?!?

SilverWing
01-16-2013, 04:29 PM
about idea 3, how will the sup/ the game know where ' past ' or ' behind ' the supplier is??!!?!?

What?

Btw for Idea 2, it should work on all maps, unless someone wants to tell me what map it wont work on =\?

Disturbed//*.
01-16-2013, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE='Zac;49908]about idea 2, bad on all maps in my opinion
QUOTE]

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Scourge
01-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Higor: You know what to do with this. (http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/StarCraft/Speech/PAdUpd04.wav)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
What?

Btw for Idea 2, it should work on all maps, unless someone wants to tell me what map it wont work on =\?

bathrooms fixed...

and sup must stay in place more protected, cuz the players delay more for get ammo/armor...
ss have more possibilities

and this progressive upgrate is not needed lol
everyone is happy with sup and ss

(upgrade a ss lv5 for become a ss lv0? what happen if other team mate dont have ru for up the ss for lv 5 again? SS lv 0 to lv 5 is something like 800 RU i think kkkkkkk)

SilverWing
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
AdRiaN;49969](upgrade a ss lv5 for become a ss lv0? what happen if other team mate dont have ru for up the ss for lv 5 again? SS lv 0 to lv 5 is something like 800 RU i think kkkkkkk)

One way to get around it is to make the Next Tier Upgrade = 2300 RU - (Supplier and its upgrade) , and it reaches level 5.

If Bathrooms is the only map that needs its supplier moved, we can let people build SS too. But I like the idea of feeding RU to make it into a High Tier. All of it just ideas, its doesn't have to get added in.

Shotman
01-17-2013, 03:18 PM
okay idk if this has been discussed but how bout when there is 4way siege game and you build a spy suit how will that work? Also the spy suit will be a relic, so if you hate relics then you will hate this suit. The relic is not an official relic but it existed because i was in a server 5-7 years ago with that one.

The reason the Pulse Gun is used as the flame and ASMD rile, its because it is more ideal and do not have to change it. So it will be more ideal for it to shoot Ice, water ect. Like wtf Rocket launcher shooting Ice, its met to shoot Rockets, ripper it will just be weird shooting something else, besides the discs.

Higor
01-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Updated first post, solved bug with SP's and improves specs.

UcHiHa
01-20-2013, 08:42 PM
If you are gonna allow the SPY SUIt, just make it very expensive and one per team.

Scourge
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
If you are gonna allow the SPY SUIt, just make it very expensive and one per team.

You cannot build a Spy Suit until CHIMP has died or left the server.

Higor: You know what to do with this. (http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/StarCraft/Speech/PAdUpd04.wav)

Scourge
01-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Notes on existing buildings:

- Platforms still have an upgrade option.
- Platforms seem unable to carry translocator modules.
- Platforms do not enable walking or crouch-movement.
- Toxin suit buildings can be damaged by bio and asbestos suit buildings can be damaged by flames.

Additional Suggested Structures (The usual peanut gallery of my suggestions plus more!)

- Mini Core
- Reservoir
- Freeze Grenade
- Medical Bay - While active, enables MANUAL REPAIR to boost maximum health in increments of 15 per upgrade for a maximum of 225 health. Encourages medics.
- Smoke screen - Category Bomb - When constructed, releases a cloud of obscuring smoke. Upgrading while built extends the lifetime of the bomb. Graphic is translucent like mines. Destroying the bomb releases more smoke. (Also viable as a grenade option; primary is a sustained smokescreen, while secondary is an enormous one-off cloud of smoke.)

Notification suggestions:

- Neutron kills
- EMP kills
- Killing secondary nukes
- Killing one's own nuke
- Kills by mines (both notifying the player who built the mine personally, cutting killing streaks or creating them as appropriate via mine kills, etc.)
- Flamethrower kills

Higor
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
- Platforms still have an upgrade option.
I slipped that one on RC14, platforms gain an extra 20% max base energy with each upgrade.
Therefore, a 2000 health platform can become a 4000 health one with the upgrades.
I thought I mentioned that on the release notes... oops?

- Platforms seem unable to carry translocator modules.
Bah, that's the exact reason I bugged the collision hull for, but ppl kept complaining that platforms didn't display the name and % so I unbugged it.
I guess that for the final RC16 I'll make an exception in the translocator collision dynamics to stand on platforms instead of bouncing.

That is, because this engine doesn't allow pawns to walk over other actors, only BSP collision hulls which mean surfaces or movers, this again would be solved with static meshes (dammit Epic!).

- Toxin suit buildings can be damaged by bio and asbestos suit buildings can be damaged by flames.
I had never thought about that...

About notifications, hey, at least I added a few...
If I were to fix all bugs at once, then you'd have to cope with me adding new stuff (kidding).

Higor
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
More fixes and an experimental identification system for the final RC16, read first post for details.

Higor
01-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I can't tell how reliable the fingerprint system will be, that clearly needs testing.

SAM
The RC16 that contains all changes listed should be tested for a week, then if it doesn't fail you leave it running.
If it has something critical to be fixed, switch to RC16pre.

Btw, RU recovery will use the fingerprint system, since it's done with help of the client it will take between 3-7 seconds to happen.
Also, if the newjoiner has "Player" in his name (timeout and quick reconnect cases), RU recovery will be delayed an extra 5 seconds, that should give time for the old disconnected player to timeout and recover RU cleanly.

I should be delivering it this weekend, provided my betatesting monkeys show up.

Moskva
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m38ox2eKJV1r2yx0wo1_500.gif

Higor
01-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Round mode can trigger map events.
(Actors tagged with RoundStart and RoundEnd will be triggered)

Nuke carrier score kill added, also fixed bug that increases takedown count and RU in case of teamkill.

Jetpack is more responsive on high pings.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Round mode can trigger map events.
(Actors tagged with RoundStart and RoundEnd will be triggered)

Nuke carrier score kill added, also fixed bug that increases takedown count and RU in case of teamkill.

Higor, i have a suggestion about killing nukes

i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this

Scourge
01-26-2013, 12:39 AM

RETURN OF NIMBUS?

Banny
01-26-2013, 02:06 AM
AdRiaN;50540]i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this

^ THIS. also i dont know whether u added this in ur list or not but when you kill a guided nuke it doesn't show any message that who killed it.

Chamberly
01-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
That is, because this engine doesn't allow pawns to walk over other actors, only BSP collision hulls which mean surfaces or movers, this again would be solved with static meshes (dammit Epic!).

This is particularly Epic fault... I remember walking on top of TREES and I have to do it very slowly not to fall off or whatever (when you can get on top of them lol). Static meshes.. I think players would love to appreciate it for the platforms to be better. They will greatly thank you for that, including myself.

--- Updated ---

AdRiaN;50540]Higor, i have a suggestion about killing nukes

i think would be good, when a you kill a sgwarhead (not a player carrying a nuke or nuke take down) show on screen a message, like the killing spree message for all your team mates: %p destroyed 1 warhead <---- something like this

I also thought about this and would like this to be implemented as well... but AdRiaN left out 1 idea that I usually think; Once it is destroyed (sgWarHead, and the invincible warhead), it should be announced to team that killed the nuke on their screen so the shooter who shot it don't have to take it's time typing it. & SP that killed it as well to count. Suggestion is now suggested lol.

I also would like to ask for the next version, is the weapon switch glitch would be fixed? Or scheduled to be fixed? Sometime I get a bit of hang when I'm trying to switch weapons, it don't switch until I shoot then wait and try switching again. This happen random amount of time (probably mostly by supplier when picking them up) and it take couple of more seconds just to get it to working again.

Higor
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
There is a message of that kind already, problem is, a mutator is blocking it.

EDIT: Disregard that, it's being blocked and it's failing due to a design flaw.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
There is a message of that kind already, problem is, a mutator is blocking it.

EDIT: Disregard that, it's being blocked and it's failing due to a design flaw.

but that nuke kill message is for both teams... it's not good man, if you get the enemy nuke room and nobody saw you... you kill 1 nuke, but is missing 5... 6... 7 nukes... the enemy team will know what you are on their nuke room and can kill you before destroy all nukes.

that message should show only for your own team

Higor
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Poison Guardian's effect on players fixed on clients, also use less bandwidth.

Higor
01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Sent to SAM

Higor
01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Before you complain about the faulty RU recovery, I already submitted a server-side patch, so no need to download more files.

Also, Neutron, EMP and Nuke destruction messages are still being blocked...

Scourge
01-29-2013, 04:32 AM
As usual, pleased with your work. You've done more to make Siege a great experience than I could ever hope to repay.

Still a couple of problems:
- Some buildings spawn at 99.9 and will take repair priority over other players (especially problematic for supplier/ss). Supplier and SS should have lower display/repair priority than players (at least within "building repair distance") unless flamed or EMPed, in which case they should be top priority.
- Some buildings - like the core, or supplier - will display a need for less RU for the next level upgrade than is actually needed, leading to wasted RU in some cases.

Additional suggestions:
- An option for smooth upgrades (including automatically speed upgrading players or whole-RU dumping) should be enabled in the "click both buttons" menu

Scourge
02-02-2013, 11:52 PM
RU rough distribution should be random but more or less equal on both sides. There's nothing like one team getting a massive advantage at game start because they can build a supplier and the other team can't.

Another suggestion for upgrades:

Either or both: Smooth level benefits as suggested earlier, or upgrade buildings to the next whole level when possible instead of dumping all RU into a mixed level.

Suggestion for !leech mode layout:

If(PlayerCount <= 6 && LeechVotes >= (PlayerCount/2))
{
bLeechMode = true;
bUpdateStats = false; /*persists to end of match beyond leech mode - should also hold true for any match where containers are stacked beyond a count of 5 in a rocket/bio leeching radius and leeched by the opposite team by these weapons; or additional containers in such setups are removed automatically without a !leech vote having been placed earlier in the match*/
RuLimit(Red) = infinity;
RuLimit(Blue) = infinity;
bCanBuildNeutrons = false;
bCanBuildEMP = false;
}

For ending leech mode, the first !endleech vote starts a 15 minute timer to end the leech match, with each subsequent vote subtracting two minutes from the timer. At the end of leech mode, RuLimit is decreased to container-set limits + core 300 RU and the match proceeds as usual.

Shotman
02-03-2013, 02:12 AM
tbh i think they were too busy talking *cough* Neff at the beginning of the match to even get the RU or up each other. Because i always get plenty RU when i am either on Red or blue side of the base.

Higor
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Scourge, ur team had no teamwork.
When the game started, I picked up 3 ru crystals and immediately upgraded the teammate that had picked the other ones.
Without wasting time, i went to your base, killed 3 enemies, respawned, killed you trying to get into my core...
Also, u're too slow.