PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new siege map

BONZ
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Sniper/ Redeemer Heaven mirrored, with the top of the waterfall being the join between the two sides. The waterfall has a much taller gap than the current map has to make the journey up the waterfall shorter and the drop down less lethal.

Another join between sides is needed although not sure where that can be.

The Basecores go in a hut on the ground, so as not to present too easy a target and ensure games last long enough.

Each side of the map has a short ramp leading up to the waterfall where Super Boosters can go.

Map may need simplifying, with some of the tunnels and cubby holes taken out to prevent campers and secret tele users having too much of an advantage.

Let me know if any of you think you can do it! :nevreness:

NaaB
01-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice idea, could be a nice map:applause:

'Zac
01-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Wish granted.

Shotman
01-26-2013, 11:46 AM
your pretty much kinda describing a monster hunt map

Chamberly
01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Nice idea. Good map.

BONZ
01-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Zac, have you started designing the map?

Not sure how it would be like a monster hunt map, except for maybe if it would have ridiculous amounts of lag? Lag could be a big problem, however I think with a load of simplifications and cropping this could be reduced. For the purposes of siege the map is far too big, and chunks of it could be done away with.

'Zac
01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes i have i made the core hut a little bit bigger than the rest of the huts, just for maybe a SC or maybe 2 or more players can get in side, i took out the defaulted tunnels on the sides of the map and to make new ones because before lots of BSPs and bugs, restoring the light, and making the playing field a bit bigger. looking good so far.

BONZ
01-27-2013, 12:30 PM
OK, I forgive you for taking out my jetpack. I guess it was a good shot

Cant wait to play!!

Shotman
01-27-2013, 03:03 PM

also it wouldn't be mirror, just extended since the waterfall would be the division of both bases. Also core shouldn't be a hut, it should be one the houses. The huts would be spawn points or a nuke room.

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM

also it wouldn't be mirror, just extended since the waterfall would be the division of both bases. Also core shouldn't be a hut, it should be one the houses. The huts would be spawn points or a nuke room.

make a low grav section that STARTS at like 1000 units up above the huts. Fewer huts and a little bigger.

BONZ
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
How's it shaping up?