PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate RC18

Higor
02-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Changes:

Maps are now able to alter the categories by adding builds. (broken since RC14)
Prevent kicking the local player in offline sessions due to a fingerprint bug.
RU recovery mutator fixed, no longer requires patching.
Suppliers lose invulnerability if hit by a Protector, this cuts a Supplier exploit.
Brought back ContainerX (unlike old CX, it has a very small heal radius addition)
Brought back SupplierX (supplies weapons 2,3,4,5,9 depending on level)

Reorganized Siege suits into a subclass of sgSuit (Class B suit), a player may not carry more than one Class B suit.
- Class B suits: Metal Suit, Rubber Suit, Jetpack, Spy suit.

OldSiege mutator which replaces categories into classic Siege.
- Fortification: Container, ContainerX, Booster, Protector, Super Protector.
- Supply: Supplier, SupplierX, HealthPod
- Special items: Shield Belt, Jump Boots, Invisibility, Warhead, Invincible Warhead.
- Explosives: Rocket Cannon, Mortar Bomb, BioBomb.
Suppliers and SupplierX gain 5 minute invulnerability if no other supplier has it.

RU multi pass insertion.
The amount of crystals per team is specified and depending on team count, these are inserted using the following criterias:
- Pass 1: add 70% of crystals by following connected paths starting from the core (maps where cores are next to each other, along 4way ones will see the greatest benefits).
- Pass 2: scan paths around each core by a distance of 25% of the map.
- Pass 3: if pass 2 didn't add all needed crystals, then add RU globally.

Spy suit.
Costs 1000 RU, it's a Class B suit.
- Changes the player's color to the nearest enemy core's team color.
- Prevents Protectors from firing at the player.
- Name and health not displayed if somebody aims at the Spy.

SilverWing
02-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Are you adding ContainerX and SupplierX to Pub Siege Version? Because these were replaced with Super container, Supper Supplier and Mini Shield. So its pointless to add them to the Public version as people will get confused on what to build or not even build it at all.

Higor
02-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Those 2 aren't on default categories, they can only run if the category info actor is set like that or if OldSiege is loaded.
Another possibility is the map commanding the game to use those builds (OutworldHold_beta_4 loads ContainerX and AntigravityPlatform in an additional category)

Moskva
02-23-2013, 01:36 AM
http://images.wikia.com/degrassi/images/5/50/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

audiosonic
02-23-2013, 07:33 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3f52aiRIb1qfibpm.jpg

|uK|Chronox
02-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Bring old siege to default pubs (with current fixes and optimizations of course).

Good ol siege with just sup X and insanely fun maps like 5 bridges... I miss it :X

Thanks for the update ! :D

Higor
02-24-2013, 02:27 AM
Package delivered, along with OutworldHold beta 4.

SAM
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
I will dig out 5 bridges I guess

|uK|Chronox
02-24-2013, 07:09 AM
C mon Scar, you know we miss the 10 second mid-air sniping battles when falling from the bridges :P..

FIDO also wants it back, like old siege.

|uK|kenneth
02-24-2013, 07:11 AM
old siege is getting old for some people.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
02-25-2013, 06:42 AM
spy suit, good concept but will be bad in use IMO.

trans and spy suit = games over fast when people like convict for example who is good with trans can place teles in enemy base or nuke unchallenged, unless you make it so you cant have trans and spy suit at the same time.

BONZ
02-25-2013, 09:41 AM
We'll have to see what happens about the spy suit, I reckon noobs on public will be stumped as to why their base is dying. On the other hand, it'll promote teamwork to infiltrate the enemy base which will add an exciting new element to game play. Skilled players will be able to determine that the enemy is merely boosting your 'team mate' into base and sniff out a spy suited opponent.

Spy suits will pose a huge threat to regular warheads, so imo unless they are made cheaper we will see them abandoned for invincible warheads in any map that lacks a nuke room

Scourge
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi.

Translocator modules aren't affected by EMP or neutrons.

Higor
02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Let's put this into discussion:

if ( Pawn(victim) != None || Mover(victim) != None || sgWarshell(victim) != None )
Why do neutrons only affect these anyways?

Higor
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
SAM
We're waiting...

Scourge
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Also, would you consider allowing EMP to disable the repair of mines for AT LEAST five seconds? It's a little ridiculous that one needs 5500 RU just to counter a building that costs 300 RU to kill anyone who steps on it.

'Zac
02-28-2013, 06:31 PM
whoa guys, zac in the conversation here now. i think the spy suit is a good idea, and thats it. the EMP is just fine the way it is, all you have to do is set the timing right, you dont set an EMP and go straight in, wait 4 seconds and then go, like for real its fine.

SAM
02-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Sorry Higor. This will be on PUB tomorrow 7PM GMT

Moskva
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
whoa guys, zac in the conversation here now. i think the spy suit is a good idea, and thats it. the EMP is just fine the way it is, all you have to do is set the timing right, you dont set an EMP and go straight in, wait 4 seconds and then go, like for real its fine.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0626c3b4aef89a9ccbdbe019e7c5abb5/tumblr_miwf5mwX6i1qb5gkjo1_400.gif

~~D4RR3N~~
02-28-2013, 09:02 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0626c3b4aef89a9ccbdbe019e7c5abb5/tumblr_miwf5mwX6i1qb5gkjo1_400.gif
I only came here to see this

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
1000 RU - Rubber suit that change your team color (SP's dont attack you)

should i say any thing?

Higor
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
U missed a great game at OutworldHold_beta_4 with RC18.

Near the end, Scourge with spy suit on the supplier asking for ru... MAL (enemy team) was spy suited too and killed him.
Too hilarious.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
yes, spy suit, mega over powered

Scourge
03-01-2013, 06:02 PM
U missed a great game at OutworldHold_beta_4 with RC18.

Near the end, Scourge with spy suit on the supplier asking for ru... MAL (enemy team) was spy suited too and killed him.
Too hilarious.

Retarded team was retarded.

[R]^m4r!o*
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
spy suit is suck Any noob nuk with it now

Shotman
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
i got to agree with mario, now you do not even need SS, SHP or even nukes. You could be in their base with a spy suit and its gg.

'Zac
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
i thought this was for pugs...

Scourge
03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
All right, in all seriousness, we need to make some modifications to the spy suit. First of all, it's too cheap, cheap in terms of RU cost.

- Increase cost to 1.5k AND/OR
- Make it so that SPs WILL attack a spy suited player if it is not UPGRADED (60-120-180-240-300) to match the level of the attacking SP.

For example, spy suits should be made such that a level 0 suit will not be attacked by a level 0 sp, level 1 suit not by level 1 SP, and so on, with any SPs over suit level attacking and any SPS under suit level not attacking.

SECOND, when people get used to this, they will notice that someone wearing a SKIN that is NOT ANY of the skins in their team is a spy. This should be remedied - The player's display name, color, and skin should be changed to that of a random member of team into which they are spying.

For instance, if Higor were in the opposite team, I might inherit his display name and skin when donning the spy suit.

THIRD, spy suits should have a weakness that reveals them - EMP bombs should disable or destroy them if a player wearing one is caught in the discharge, or shock rifles/ASMD pulse, etc.

Shotman
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
they do have a weakness, it is that you can't see their name at all if you aim at them. That is how I found Higor and MAL using spysuits, also if people built Shield Belts over the spy suit, it won't display the team color you are spying on, but will show your original team color.

'Zac
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
All right, in all seriousness, we need to make some modifications to the spy suit. First of all, it's too cheap, cheap in terms of RU cost.

- Increase cost to 1.5k AND/OR
- Make it so that SPs WILL attack a spy suited player if it is not UPGRADED (60-120-180-240-300) to match the level of the attacking SP.

For example, spy suits should be made such that a level 0 suit will not be attacked by a level 0 sp, level 1 suit not by level 1 SP, and so on, with any SPs over suit level attacking and any SPS under suit level not attacking.

SECOND, when people get used to this, they will notice that someone wearing a SKIN that is NOT ANY of the skins in their team is a spy. This should be remedied - The player's display name, color, and skin should be changed to that of a random member of team into which they are spying.

For instance, if Higor were in the opposite team, I might inherit his display name and skin when donning the spy suit.

THIRD, spy suits should have a weakness that reveals them - EMP bombs should disable or destroy them if a player wearing one is caught in the discharge, or shock rifles/ASMD pulse, etc.

ah ha! now i understand the spysuit a little more, i was a little bit confused. i actually agree with you 100%, have expensive upgrades, and having Sps shoot at when you didnt upgrade it. i hereby agree with Scourge!

Scourge
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
they do have a weakness, it is that you can't see their name at all if you aim at them

I know, I caught and killed several spies in this way, but I think the weakness should be changed.

Moskva
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a5f62049fd656902548a0811e6f917ad/tumblr_mj05v2Hgrr1s5lmqko1_400.gif

terminator
03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm sure it's awesome having spy suit and going around with it. For some maps.. camping maps like simplex and niven this is just what siege needs!!! On the other hand.. it's a bit noob friendly considering it's price and the advantage it gives to a player.

Scourge
03-03-2013, 02:48 AM
More remarks.

Closer proximity to core should give you more RU, faster. Why? This provides an incentive for players to defend instead of going on constant offense - The RU input from offense is INSANE compared to RU input from defense. Increase both passive RU gain and frag RU gain with core proximity and adjust core repair costs accordingly. Also, decrease build times with core proximity.

This is especially important to prevent TOTAL SNOWBALLING when one team is dominating another. Let the team on the back foot have a chance at pushing back.

Second.

Tech trees would be an excellent addition to league siege. They may even be desirable in public siege, provided the proper in-game tutorials and (preferably graphical) prompts are given. These trees could enhance different kinds of abilities, like team damage, teammate repair rate and/or capacity, building construction rate/endurance, etc. that require the team to specialize or balance carefully instead of just building whatever fuck they want like they do now.

.seVered.][
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
How do you plan to remedy the Spy Suit in a 4-way match? You can't pick your color of the suit.

Disturbed//*.
03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
[;53129']How do you plan to remedy the Spy Suit in a 4-way match? You can't pick your color of the suit.

Indeed I was Red and Green was the ONLY Core left. I make a suit, now i blue :(

BONZ
03-05-2013, 08:42 AM
ERMERGERD

had a brainwave for spysuit, adding to previous suggestions. After fifteen seconds of wearing the suit, the 'YOUR TEAM HAS BEEN INFILTRATED' message pops up on the infiltrated team. this makes it harder to just put the suit on, you have to be a good distance and time away from the enemy base to put it on safely or else you get found out too quickly before reaching the core.

DontWorryBeHappy
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
ERMERGERD

had a brainwave for spysuit, adding to previous suggestions. After fifteen seconds of wearing the suit, the 'YOUR TEAM HAS BEEN INFILTRATED' message pops up on the infiltrated team. this makes it harder to just put the suit on, you have to be a good distance and time away from the enemy base to put it on safely or else you get found out too quickly before reaching the core.

I suggested something similiar but your idea is even better :-D

SAM
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Let's refine the spy suit and everyone who agrees either post or like my post I guess.

Spy suit should be time limited, 20-30 seconds. It should also wear off immediately if you choose to attack.

|uK|fleecey
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
[;53129']How do you plan to remedy the Spy Suit in a 4-way match? You can't pick your color of the suit.

I was going to ask same thing, I know it works normal matches, but not in 4 way..

Scourge
03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Let's refine the spy suit and everyone who agrees either post or like my post I guess.

Spy suit should be time limited, 20-30 seconds. It should also wear off immediately if you choose to attack.

I don't like the attack off option. Using the spy suit just for reconnaissance isn't worth 1000 RU. At the same time, the current suit is too valuable to be priced at only 1000 RU. A time limit seems reasonable, with upgrades necessary for longer time periods (perhaps level 5 is permanent at a very high cost).

|uK|kenneth
03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I was going to ask same thing, I know it works normal matches, but not in 4 way..

yah forgot to post that i had the same question.

|uK|chiseller
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Your idea is bad and you should feel bad

SAM
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Your idea is bad and you should feel bad

How is it a bad idea? What is a spy exactly and when exactly does a spy's cover be blown?

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
please just dont add stupid items like this. we already have the invis/trans combo thats enough to "spy" on a team or just infiltrate it like a normal person with brains would.

Booty
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah, spy suit sucks totaly... by the way can you get killed by a mine wearing that suit`?

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
its just a stupid concept considering the items already available.

siege needs more performance developing, it doesnt need more items added

siege used to be hardcore now its just noob friendly.

|uK|kenneth
03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah, spy suit sucks totaly... by the way can you get killed by a mine wearing that suit`?

yeah you can get killed by a mine.

|uK|chiseller
03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
How is it a bad idea? What is a spy exactly and when exactly does a spy's cover be blown?
I don't like the time limit suggestion, that's all. I agree that a spy suit carrier should be very limited in his actions.

Disturbed//*.
03-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Idea: (Just a thought as well to)

Maybe the spysuit can only be enabled if you have are using only using 6% of your normal HP, or health or whatever you want to call it.

Ex 1.) 150 is the most HP you can use, in less you have shield or whatever.
Take 150 and times that by 6% or less.
Formula= X(Hp) Times Y(% that you want to use) = your amount.
150x X 0.06%y = 9
Meaning, only to use the Spysuit you have to have 9 HP or less. This way its easier to kill them ect.

Maybe 6% is to low. Lets try 150 Hp for 30%.
150x X 0.3%y = 45. Have to have 45 HP or Less to use Spysuit. Like i said just a thought.

.seVered.][
03-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Shield belt color is wrong when wearing spysuit. Red guy with blue spy suit on and shield ... is still red. I thought the spy suit had a shield effect anyway, so why are people using the shieldbelt with it?

--- Updated ---

Can you add the Toxic suit with the spy suit? so you can get thru the Poison Gaurdian?

Shotman
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
that should actually not change, belt + spysuit. Also why make it more noob friendly severed, seriously...

Disturbed//*.
03-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Also why make it more noob friendly severed, seriously...

No one ever said you had to play.

Shotman
03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
yet bunch of people are complaining about siege being noob friendly. Whats next make the rubber invisible to the NS when you are gonna nuke?

Disturbed//*.
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
yet bunch of people are complaining about siege being noob friendly. Whats next make the rubber invisible to the NS when you are gonna nuke?

If that is what others want then yes.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-12-2013, 08:12 AM
others being one persons request? im sorry thats just dumb.

.seVered.][
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
yet bunch of people are complaining about siege being noob friendly.

What complaints? I don't see anyone complaining except the one's that like to slaughter the noobs by taking advantage of exploits.

Shotman
03-13-2013, 02:15 AM
you are seriously blind, read everyone's post about the new siege. Everyone is complaining yet you three are ignoring those and continuing with your lives.

Scourge
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
you are seriously blind, read everyone's post about the new siege. Everyone is complaining yet you three are ignoring those and continuing with your lives.

By everyone you mean 1/3 of the voting players, right?

Disturbed//*.
03-13-2013, 11:21 PM

We ignore it LOL!!! How about you make siege then?

Shotman
03-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Isn't the slogan for |uK| siege server: "This is pro server, dont whine/cry when you get your ass whooped" I don't see this slogan in action anymore because it is mostly filled with noobs now. All these changes are just helping noobs and aren't making them pro because they won't have these items when they join a pug or a league. Spy suit was such a stupid add in the first place because it was moslty meant to be able to go to other team's base without detection and killing their items without them knowing. Well you got invis, rubber suit, speed, EMP, boots, trans and don't forget Sps wont shoot you when your health is below 10. Using these items will help you get on their base without needing the spy suit, or can also get a distraction from your team and make a tele in their base. The suit just made it so easy for noobs to just sneak around, if you can't sneak into their base then you just need to practice to do so, don't need these extra items. I always hear people complaining of getting boosted well guess what, you just made the problem worst cause everyone will boost each other, even teamkill them, to find the spyer, how is that more fun?

Like many people have been saing:

A wise man once said "dont fix what is not broken"

Was it broken? no, is this suit unnecessary? yes, just like the ape cannon.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
ive been trying to say what heatwave says but the ignorance and noob friendliness just pisses me off so bad i lose concentration in what i wanna say

have to agree with everything heatwave just said

Scourge
03-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Isn't the slogan for |uK| siege server: "This is pro server, dont whine/cry when you get your ass whooped" I don't see this slogan in action anymore because it is mostly filled with noobs now

For the record, this hasn't been true at least since I was playing, not just because I'm noob but also because the teams have rarely been balanced from day 1 on pub. And it IS a public server - there's no such thing as a "pro" public server unless you were to tier by performance.

I've found that the spy suit has made very little difference in general gameplay - It also doesn't help noobs, because even the spy suit needs to be used convincingly.

The nightmare scenario of a bunch of noobs running around invincible/undetectable because they spammed easy-to-use items almost never happens because noobs are too stupid/ignorant to do even this (they'll often use their RU or die with some of the items they'd need before they can become a threat). I actually can't think of a single example where an inexperienced player has caused a major disruption in the game because of this.

If you're complaining that this will not produce more pug players, then perhaps it demonstrates that there is a problem with the inherent appeal of pug gameplay and not with public siege.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-19-2013, 05:51 AM
i take three sugars in coffee sometimes.

Scourge
03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Additional suggested fixes:
- Besides immunizing wearer from Poison Guardian damage, the Toxin Suit should also prevent slowdown by the Guardian while worn.

Glitch:
- Poison Guardian permanently removes the speed effect once a speed-using player is affected by it, regardless of whether or not Toxin Suit is worn.

Higor
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Additional suggested fixes:
- Besides immunizing wearer from Poison Guardian damage, the Toxin Suit should also prevent slowdown by the Guardian while worn.

Glitch:
- Poison Guardian permanently removes the speed effect once a speed-using player is affected by it, regardless of whether or not Toxin Suit is worn.

Freeze and Sev reported that a looong time ago, I could have sworn those were fixed.