PDA

View Full Version : Disable PureHelp?

Camper
02-27-2013, 05:13 AM
Might be a bad install or my OpenGL settings aren't right. The PureHelp sounds when I get a double, triple, etc seem to stop my game for a fraction of a second. I've tried to disable hit sounds in the pure help console but that didn't do anything. I don't have this problem in any other IG server. I'll post my OpenGL settings and my specs. I also downloaded the updated OpenGL driver as well.

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
RefreshRate=50
DetailTextures=1
UseTrilinear=1
UseS3TC=1
UseTNT=0
LODBias=0
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
Translucency=1
VolumetricLighting=1
ShinySurfaces=1
Coronas=1
HighDetailActors=1
MaxAnisotropy=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
UsePrecache=0
SupportsLazyTextures=0
Vsync=False

http://i.imgur.com/tnGaWUJ.jpg

SAM
02-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Download the d3d drivers in the download section. OpenGL is for nvidia generally. If it doesnt solve the issue let me know. However, I dont see pure affecting anything since we dont use the pure hitsounds.

By the sounds of it your game freezes or skips when you get an enhanced multi kill?

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
would be better for you to use d3d9 instead of opengl your gfx card is more accustomed to d3d like sam said

but with the right opengl settings it can work

think it could be just ut stuttering, never seen pure do that.

Camper
02-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Download the d3d drivers in the download section. OpenGL is for nvidia generally. If it doesnt solve the issue let me know. However, I dont see pure affecting anything since we dont use the pure hitsounds.

By the sounds of it your game freezes or skips when you get an enhanced multi kill?
Yeah. Single kills don't lag but double, etc seem to stop the game for a second. I can get a video of Pure Hit sounds going off. I already tried to disable it like I said but it didn't fix it. I'll give d3d9 a try. What would the best .ini settings be for d3d9? I used it before but I always preferred OpenGL.

--- Updated ---

The mouse input in D3D9 is very sluggish and I knew right from the menu. I tried to enable direct input and mouse smoothness but it was exactly the same. Let me get a video of the OpenGL hitsounds going off.

Camper
02-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Demo
https://mega.co.nz/#!R1lgRIha!D0c_WhPJTGGv8wiLoL_CISzZP8JRCiUvo2HABts UheE

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
That's the same reason i don't use direct3d, turns my g400 into a ball mouse.

Camper
02-27-2013, 11:50 AM
That's the same reason i don't use direct3d, turns my g400 into a ball mouse.
Yeah exactly. OpenGL is a lot more responsive.

I managed to change my Direct9.ini and it stopped the double, multi lag but the mouse input is terrible.

[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
UseVSync=False
SwapInterval=0
ZRangeHack=False
NoAATiles=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
UseSoftwareVertexProcessing=False
UsePureDevice=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
MaskedTextureHack=False
SmoothMaskedTextures=False
FrameRateLimit=150
UseVertexProgram=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=False
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=0
RefreshRate=0
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
Use565Textures=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseS3TC=False
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseTrilinear=False
UsePrecache=False
UsePalette=False
UseMultiTexture=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.100000
LODBias=0.000000
DetailTextures=False
DescFlags=0
Description=
HighDetailActors=False
Coronas=False
ShinySurfaces=False
VolumetricLighting=False

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
You could try out some inis, just have to find one that has dr3d.
Index of ./UT99 ini players/ (http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=UT99%20ini%20players/)

Camper
02-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Tried almost the entire thing and most of them were OpenGL. I'll just reinstall UT later.

|uK|Rays
02-27-2013, 08:01 PM
{ROS}_R?

Camper
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
{ROS}_R?
Maybe, who's asking? http://i.imgur.com/5iwUswt.png

|uK|Rays
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
hehehe, {ROS}_Pinky. Good to see some old {ROS} players still have some interest in UT.

Camper
02-27-2013, 10:36 PM
hehehe, {ROS}_Pinky. Good to see some old {ROS} players still have some interest in UT.
Hey buddy been awhile. I laughed during that Chopper video you made awhile back.

Re-installed UT and the lag went away. The hitsounds are still on and I can't seem to change the brightness (OpenGL).

|uK|Rays
02-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, some things never change with that guy. Are you on the Steam group? I caught up with Bart and Zerk there recently. If you still wanna try reinstalling UT try this one, seems to work for most people: ut.fuzzeh.com (http://ut.fuzzeh.com/) (Grab UTChickenEdition3b)

Should have all the updated render stuff already on there when you download it, but if not I think all of that stuff is here: An enhanced OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament (http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/)

Hope that helps some.

Camper
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah I'm on the RB Steam group. (George Costanza's Wallet).

I'll try out the ChickenEdition. I already got the updated OpenGL but my brightness isn't changing.

--- Updated ---

Just tried it out. The mouse input was pretty bad. My original UT is fine except for the darkness and hitsounds.

SAM
03-02-2013, 06:54 AM
OpenGL is not for ATI cards.....just from memory have you tried to update your OpenGL drivers? (not renderer)

Camper
03-02-2013, 09:28 AM
OpenGL is not for ATI cards.....just from memory have you tried to update your OpenGL drivers? (not renderer)
Yes

For the most part D3D9 hasn't been as bad and there's no way to disable the hit sounds from going off but it's fine.

SAM
03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Why are you trying to disable hit sounds? They are not pure hitsounds...

Camper
03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Why are you trying to disable hit sounds? They are not pure hitsounds...
It's one of the reasons why my game freezes when I get double, multi, etc.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-02-2013, 05:35 PM
im sorry but thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard.

Trajik
03-02-2013, 05:43 PM
im sorry but thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard.

Gotta agree with Blaze.

Camper
03-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Figured it was PureHelp

If I open the console and type in "PureHelp" it shows some commands. I don't know how servers work, so yeah.

SAM
03-03-2013, 05:55 AM
What I don't understand is, the multi kill announcer is not part of pure. The hitsounds are not part of pure either so I am certain it's not pure...at all lol

This has to be a renderer/driver issue tbh. What motherboard are you using with your ATI card? Which card is it? I know there are some driver issues with enduro

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
i can pretty much tell you now its got everything to do with your UT setup

SAM
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Have you managed to solve the issue there? Camper

Camper
03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
What I don't understand is, the multi kill announcer is not part of pure. The hitsounds are not part of pure either so I am certain it's not pure...at all lol

This has to be a renderer/driver issue tbh. What motherboard are you using with your ATI card? Which card is it? I know there are some driver issues with enduro
http://i.imgur.com/L0L1Z91.jpg

It happens randomly with the lag but I've gotten used to it. I'm not updating my video card drivers for this laptop because the one on ASUS's website works the best and the one on ATI's website is garbage.

SAM
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Why is your CPU temp so high? It should be 60-80 at load not idle..

The other thing you have to take into account is you have two graphics cards in effect, the onboard and then the GPU. If I remember correctly this applies to the first gen as well as for second and third gen processers.

EDIT: I just read that it's a laptop. OK, it's probably Enduro issues. Basically your laptop switches back and forth from the onboard and the GPU. You need to run any 3D applications through your GPU...100%

Camper
03-06-2013, 06:12 PM
The temp isn't right. Different programs show different temps
http://i.imgur.com/R9zYZXw.jpg

The Generic PnP isn't showing up in device manager.

SAM
03-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Use hw monitor. We need to know the correct temps before delving any further. Have you checked if you enduro drivers are causing this issue? I know me a lot of laptops that suffer from enduro issues

Camper
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Same temp as the widget
http://i.imgur.com/O1yrY7A.jpg

Not even sure how to check. Isn't Enduro for AMD's?

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-09-2013, 07:48 AM
gfx card is running high as fuck

laptops suck ass!

SAM
03-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Enduro is for AMD...did you try the drivers suggested? Your temp are really high man... you should be idling 40c tops. What brand is it?

Camper
03-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I have an Intel processor though..

I'll probably end up selling this for $800. I probably need to change the GPU thermal paste and replace the CPU thermal paste as well. I'd do it on my own but after watching videos on how to take it apart I'm not even going to bother to touch this.

SAM
03-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Which Asus laptop is that? I would strongly suggest that you actually investigate whether or not there are known Enduro issues for your laptop.

ALL i7 processors have onboard graphics cards and basically depending on the application demands, your computer will switch between onboard to external. The lag might be happening during the switch over. Sometimes the switch just doesn't function at all. Have you cleaned out the case on this laptop at all? I've seen in many laptops that the exhause vents are not totally sealed so there's still hot air dissipated within the laptop rather than being exhausted straight out.

Camper
03-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Asus G73JH

Already hit both fans with compressed air. I'm not taking apart this laptop it's a fucking hassle.

I'd flash the vBIOS but I'm not trying to brick the laptop

--- Updated ---

Edit: I just checked. You need to flash the vBIOS to disable Enduro.

SAM
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
There you go....it might well be Enduro. It just doesn't work well on some computers...lol give it a shot :)

Camper
03-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm getting an error message when I try and make a DOS start up disk.
"There are no valid DOS system files at the specified location"

G73Jh GSOD Vbios Update (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update)

Followed the video and everything.