PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing UT

Toxic
03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm trying to install UT on a new laptop with Windows 8. I got it to run, but it is running very slow. This laptop is better then my old desk top in every way, and has five times the ram I used to have, so it should handle UT with no problem? Is there anything special I need to do to play UT on a laptop? like where the screen is wider? or set it up different? Or anything I need to do because it is Windows 8? I've never tried to play UT on a laptop or windows 8, so I am lost.

SAM
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
It should be same as normal really. Make sure you are using one of the new D3D or OpenGL renderers. You can find them in the download section

Chamberly
03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
When you start your UT, open task manager and right click ut.exe, set affinity, and choose 1 CPU.

Other choices: Choose a driver render for UT, these are legal driver renders: An enhanced OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament (http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/)

Toxic
03-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks, I used to use open GL and forgot all about it, since I haven't played in two years. I will see what I can get going. Thanks

.seVered.][
03-08-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm trying to install UT on a new laptop with Windows 8. I got it to run, but it is running very slow. This laptop is better then my old desk top in every way, and has five times the ram I used to have, so it should handle UT with no problem? Is there anything special I need to do to play UT on a laptop? like where the screen is wider? or set it up different? Or anything I need to do because it is Windows 8? I've never tried to play UT on a laptop or windows 8, so I am lost.

This would be a good thread for the Tutorials.. somebody gonna volenteer?

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-09-2013, 07:38 AM
newer pc's dont necessarily run ut better.

ive always found older pc's from like the 2006-2010 era run UT the best

Toxic
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I actually thought about going and getting an older desk top just because I know it would work. lol My old computer was five times slower then this one, but the older one ran UT ten times better. I haven't even gotten the new one to where I can actually play yet.