PDA

View Full Version : Higor's rage ban

terminator
03-10-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't have screenshots but i can see where is it going when people start to get rage bans!
I supermined their TOP.. after few mins of waiting there to get RU i felt someone shot me from tower top , i instantly clicked on mouse since i had rockets as weapons.. i went inside trough the portal and spammed 3 rockets on supplier and got him killed.
No warning no anything but instant ban for 1 shot on supplier.
GG !
Hope it cure your tears

Higor
03-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Spamming the sup doesn't sound as fun now eh?

Shotman
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
no demos, no ss? If there is no demo then unban him.

terminator
03-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Don't u read and see? It was 1 shot since someone shot me in the back while i was keeping SM on the top.
I'd hold my mouth and take the ban if i repeated the same but u obviously can't take the losing so there u go!
Be happy with the damn ban. I'll demo each next time and report.. i expect same treatment for each AIM at supplier and i won't care if it was 1 time or if repeated for another 999 times.
Starting from now!

SilverWing
03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
If it was only once he should be unbanned.

Higor
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
He is unbanned.
It's one of my typical one match GTFO bans.

Shotman
03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
if your doing this, you should just stop because your are just abusing admin if you are just banning people for 1 match. Especially if the server is full and if it is just a rage ban like this one.

Novak
03-11-2013, 02:31 AM
Spamming the sup doesn't sound as fun now eh?

Just a personal opinion, but outside of a late-game advanced tactic or two I don't see any place for supplier killing, much less sup spamming. Maybe tweak the rules on that or a 900+ level player could comment on the need for it, but the idea of quick shortened bans even of longtime players will get the message through that it is a tactic no longer acceptable. Losing RU isn't enough of an incentive for a distasteful practice which I find simply unnecessary for successful UT play. Kill them the instant they step out of the supplier, have no problem with that.

Figure I'm on a limb with this opinion but why not put it out there.

Chamberly
03-11-2013, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before... but if you are in the sup why don't it protect you until you get out? Or is that a new suggestion?

|uK|Melted_Ice
03-11-2013, 06:20 AM
im guilty of shooting rockets at the supplier too. like bathrooms when i go around the corner im going to shoot a 6 pack at the supplier. re spawning enemies = cleaner path to the core

terminator
03-11-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm gonna demo you melted also and each one who kills me or others while taking weapons in supplier!
I really don't give a f*** anymore. If u're an admin then u're gonna ban everyone.. 1 match 10000 matches i don't really care. It was ban and u ruined game and fun for me.
Can't wait for 1 bathrooms to have like 10 reports in 1 match.
I'm not a snitch but i just want rules to be IMPLEMENTED on everyone the same. Not to have 1 pissed admin on server crying for losing the game and doing some rage "GTFO" bans.

SAM
03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
This one sounds like a said ban.... don't do it again please higor

Higor
03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Note taken, from now on if I manage to demo or screenshot, I'm applying maximum penalties.
Problem? Deal with it.

|uK|kenneth
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Note taken, from now on if I manage to demo or screenshot, I'm applying maximum penalties.
Problem? Deal with it.

looks like you didnt, you should warn him before banning him keep that in your mind.

Higor
03-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Allow me to expose a case:

An experienced player makes 3 rocket cannons on the enemy supplier with 20 seconds remaining, while his teammates nuke.
What's done here?

'Zac
03-11-2013, 01:47 PM
HIGOR Y U HATE TERMI SO MUCH?

terminator
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Obviously hating!! Did i make 3 rocket cannons??? such a lie! I shot 3 rockets at the time i got HIT from tower top and tried to save my ass, NOT 3 rocket cannons!!! Because if i did and if i get a ban for that, i'd shut my mouth and serve the ban.
Also it was a lot lot more than 20 seconds remaining.. more like 20 mins!!

Since SAM kindly asked u to stop doing it, i won't make any reports for such ... hmmm... rule breaks???. In translate i won't be a snitch for such nonsense things like shooting at supplier once in 50 mins of a match.
But for the very next time i get banned like this.. the report thread is gonna be the most discussed one i assure you(the forum users)
With this ban u made a mistake! Just probably no mod who did that cannot get enough balls to apology after it.
U're a great developer, but u got lack of "skills(?)" to implement server rules to the game.

|uK|fleecey
03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
If you shot once at the supplier that should be alright imo, we all have done it! But keep going is a different story and if you or someone else does, it should be atleast a warning before ban. However, the ban is over, you got unbanned, lets all move on.

Novak
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM

An experienced player makes 3 rocket cannons on the enemy supplier with 20 seconds remaining, while his teammates nuke.
What's done here?

I took this to be a hypothetical case not literally pointing the finger to what happened in the game termi got banned. An honest question that I would also like answered.

Noob Crossing
03-11-2013, 02:34 PM

What's done here?
to bad next time better.....

Booty
03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Sup spamming is in fashion lately... Everyone spams, as an example this guy ratko ... today in clarion ... likely, the opponents got raped by a tely right under their ass... so i am happy with that lol ...

terminator
03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
If you shot once at the supplier that should be alright imo, we all have done it! But keep going is a different story and if you or someone else does, it should be atleast a warning before ban. However, the ban is over, you got unbanned, lets all move on.

No fleece (pointing to the 2nd part of it). It's not a move on if i'm gonna get banned(not just me but maybe YOU or anyone else reading this thread) for what u stated at 1st part of your sentence. I would like someone to bring a clear statement for that. I don't want some pissed MOD to ruin all the fun inside of the match like Higor did.
You seem actually to know the definition of sup spamming and a lot of MODs around.. and what's the best that you are not making the bans according to the people u like or dislike. (in the way of pulling out the ban just cuz u hate losing or hate the player)
If the same thing is not going to repeat ever again either on me or to someone else, then we can MOVE ON! I believe we're here to learn from our mistakes(pointing at Higor in this case). I simply don't care whether it's a kick , 1 match ban or 9999999 matches ban if it was unfair. If it would come for a reason and if i'd see others getting banned for the same thing i did, i simply wouldn't break that rule or would hold my mouth and accept the kick/ban as it is.

Still it seems that he has a lot of things against me since this is my 2nd ban from him and imo 2nd unfair. If you want to clear some things then PM me or find me at irc/TS. Say why are u hating so much so we can hopefully clear the things.
I don't know what harm i did to you but if u can't stand losing or sth like that just simply leave the game. (Rage)quit > Rageban!

DontWorryBeHappy
03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
When the police (admins, mods, etc) starts attacking the people (players, spectators) it swore to protect from malicious behavior then it's time to either re-frame the rules or re-place said officers.

With power comes responsibility.

How about (Higor and @others) making the Supplier be surrounded by some kind of aura ("cheese dome") which prevents taking damage from the outside and which at the same time prevents dealing damage from the inside. Stops the debate forever.

GG

:ape:

Booty
03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Or make players loose RU when they hit suplier .. 1 hit = - 50 ru

terminator
03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
He already implemented something like that in siege considering RU. Still i see how it hurts actually to hit a supplier once. What's the point of losing RU if u can't hit supplier at all?? I'll let Higor explain that to me also

~~D4RR3N~~
03-11-2013, 05:14 PM
|uK|Moskva SIR, WE NEED A GIF RIGHT NOW!

|uK|kenneth
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
btw what happened, to lazy to post your bans? noot only you do there are more people not posting the bans for some reason.

audiosonic
03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
2deep4me

Moko
03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
2 things

1: I'm mad at him so yeah no bias here. lol
2: This was an unjust ban. lol

|uK|chiseller
03-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Increase the RU loss and display a notification message to the guy who's spamming the sup, saying how much RU he just lost. A lot of players don't seem to notice.

Booty
03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
the hit based RU loss is much more efficient and impossible to go unnoticed... it is kind of a punishment for being a douchebag.

UcHiHa
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
I dont spam lel . Make like an invisible forcefield for supplier. It doesnt care if you make -50,-100,-1000 ru, noobs will keep spamming 4 ever. Like TRO, Example. Even with admins on server nobody gives a ban or warning to him. But if someone of known players start spamming warnings come inmediatly. Admin trolling? LOL

Neff
03-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Siege: A military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building, cutting off supplies, with the aim of compelling the surrender.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Increase the RU loss and display a notification message to the guy who's spamming the sup, saying how much RU he just lost. A lot of players don't seem to notice.

cant get a better response than that, i havent read the thread on all pages, only as far as that post because its turned from a discussion into ranting, it was a bad call and its now rectified, what more do you want?

in next siege version, set sup just like removing others builds, first sup hit ignore, second in a row, warning, third, wipe out their RU completely or cut it in half and kick them so they lose anything they have built like nukes for example, that will indeed be a deterrent and i would bet if done like this, sup spam would all but stop and would show who the noobs are.

Just my opinion as i am also guilty of emptying a 6 pack into sup if it is between me and the core, that is a tactic so the enemy arent ready to take your head off with sniper or other strong weapons, gives you a few more seconds before they have a chance to pick up more, like in niven for example... however, maps like clarion, there is no excuse to do it, i never aim for sup, i always go for their core tele or conts for SP, i cant be blamed if i hit those conts or tele and the sup receives splash damage.

fleece gave me good advice, "demorec every game" which i now do with Xconsole automatically, that can either give you ban proof or it can cover yourself if anyone calls you a cheat/ sup spammer etc.

|uK|kenneth
03-13-2013, 08:09 AM
noobs.

Moskva
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/e85ee0584bdef4a4e380bf222bed92d3/tumblr_mjd2retbfr1ry6msio1_400.gif

~~D4RR3N~~
03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/e85ee0584bdef4a4e380bf222bed92d3/tumblr_mjd2retbfr1ry6msio1_400.gif
THANK YOU, SIR!