PDA

View Full Version : Known map glitches that need fixing

Novak
04-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Was gonna post this under maps, but thought it more appropriate to put under code reviews. Let me know if it should be moved to that section.

Wanting to address known map glitches that can be quick-fixed and have maps reloaded onto the server. Additional map fix suggestions are welcome in this thread.

DiamondSword-4: Anytime player touches the outer wall of a base, it is an automatic suicide. Not sure how to fix this, but I'm sure someone knows. Is not the best map but gets a reasonable amount of play to warrant the change.

uK-Beholden: Perhaps someone can support or properly direct my comment, but it seems like just about anytime someone shoots 4-6 rockets in the direction of the core that the core takes damage, albeit minimal. Does the rocket damage splash through the wall? I know it splashes off conts that are placed as barriers at the top of the steps to core. Would make sense that well-placed rocket shot to the side of core will slightly damage it. Think that this map should be slightly modified to increase spacing around the core which would increase difficulty accordingly, possibly a simliar fix Fluke made to his VortexBase map with the wall window being too close to the core for rocket splash to get through.

Command-4: Able to make tele through window between blue and yellow bases (the BlueCommand-style bases). Fluke mentioned this as a map glitch and am suggesting it get fixed.

I feel like there is another I am forgetting but will add it if I remember.

Higor
04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
As of RC16 siege supports building category expansion, as showcased on CTF-OutworldHold.
I'd like to hijac... i mean, use this thread to suggest including special builds on certain maps as well.
If the inclusion is done inside the map (maps we fix from now on), then it will be forced into a category.
Otherwise, it'd require a secondary setup (external profile, to be designed into a new RC)

Buildings that exist on the Siege code but not used:

ContainerX - (bigger and stronger container, same heal as basic cont) (to be used in maps where containers have to be used as shields too often)
SupplierX - (normal supplier, 2x speed, supplies weapons 2,3,4,5,9) (non-sniping maps could use one of these)
DashPad - (not totally fixed, but kinda functional)
AntigravityPlatform - (stand and jump higher)
ShrinkerSuit - (do we have a map with vents? this would be ideal for it)
SpySuit - (lol)
HomingBeacon - (lolx2)
NukeSiren - (we have 2 versions here, classic with huge radius and newer one with 75% radius and high up cost)
EMP Bomb - (i'd suggest this one for simplex)
Neutron Bomb - (to be used in open sky maps, as it seemed to be originally designed for, remember the falling bomb?)

My first suggestion:

Beholder -
Turn the window into a solid brush, add ContainerX (minishield + container combos are terrible leeches in this map, this would improve defense and make game last a lil longer).
(somebody mentioned a lag issue in this map, care to elaborate?)

|uK|kenneth
04-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Since when can you shoot rockets through glass?

Novak
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Since when can you shoot rockets through glass?

Agreed. That should be patched. Kanjar, Command-4 and Burning come to mind with rockets and ripper through glass.

Severed, I think, told me that ripper through glass is not allowed by rule on Burning. Is this true?

'Zac
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
well, you cant really STOP this from happening. somepeople want to make glass in a hole in the wall ( the frame ) and then they put in a semisolid copy of the hole but the semisolid needs to be a tiny tiny bit of space away from touching the hole. so mainly, the glass is literally 'floating' in mid air, and that little space is enough for a thin ripper to fly through. explaination completed

Banny
04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
in november 4 way when u hit ripper on the top of the glass it goes to the other side.. noobs spam it for RU.. jus sayin'

Novak
04-18-2013, 06:21 PM
well, you cant really STOP this from happening. somepeople want to make glass in a hole in the wall ( the frame ) and then they put in a semisolid copy of the hole but the semisolid needs to be a tiny tiny bit of space away from touching the hole. so mainly, the glass is literally 'floating' in mid air, and that little space is enough for a thin ripper to fly through. explaination completed

Ty. Again, I believe severed told me at some point that said rippering through a window is not allowed, but feel the rules should be clarified such that rocket grenades and ripper blades through the crack in window coding is regarded the same as pulsing through a wall: simply not allowed. Warning and then ban accordingly. Could I get an admin to comment on this, please?

Shotman
04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
its an easy fix, just make the frame and window larger but at the same time make it not noticeable. Which I believe would fix it or put an extra/thicker window.

Higor
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Stopping ripper thru windows is very easy, no need to use movers or anything.
Just insert blockall actors to fill in the gaps.

Shotman
04-18-2013, 06:42 PM
DiamondSword-4: Anytime player touches the outer wall of a base, it is an automatic suicide. Not sure how to fix this, but I'm sure someone knows. Is not the best map but gets a reasonable amount of play to warrant the change.

I don't know how it was change but i remember the original 4 way did not have an issue.

Also can i suggest 1-2 more routes for Command (idk what version) to get into the enemy base? Because it gets insane and almost impossible to go through middle.

Novak
04-18-2013, 06:55 PM
can i suggest 1-2 more routes for Command (idk what version) to get into the enemy base? Because it gets insane and almost impossible to go through middle.

Command-4 is the map where the four base exits meet and you have to hammer up for mid item. There are actually vents that connect all four bases at the elevation of blue and yellow cores. To get through the vents you need to use translocator from blue or yellow bases. From red or green base, you either make boots or make a 5.0 booster right at the spawn point where the four holes are to get up to the room where you can trans through the vents. Those are key areas of the map and control of them often determines the outcome of games (which usually go to OT unless a team is stacked). But it is a popular map lately.

Shotman
04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
um not talking about 4 way, im talking about 2 way

Novak
04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
um not talking about 4 way, im talking about 2 way

Then I agree. Played a really lame game of Blue Command a day or two back. Just no good tele options, constant mid spam, mines everywhere, impossible to get into enemy bases even with multiple nukes fired. I would put this as more of a suggestion and reason to delete BlueCommand from the map list rather than a glitch/quick fix, but such suggestions are fine to include for a tally.

Scourge
04-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Burning2012 - Tele hitbox too large and dies instantly when attempting to make tele to mid
Beholder - Splash damage goes through core wall because it is a mover instead of a transparent wall
Bathrooms][ - Red nuke room can be taken by just going up to the cabinet and placing instead of having to go through sink
ClarionUltimate - Teles can be made directly into core, also a problem for other versions of Clarion, any version of LavaGiant, and for MiniCivilWar (some of these are only debatably problems)
Simplex - Can stand on ramps at mid, often glitching to display a player falling while their position is still considered to be on top of the ramps

Also, BlackRiverUltimate, BadNeighbors, and BraveHeart all have really bad clipping issues.

Novak
04-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Burning2012 was one of the ones I forgot about. In an older version (pre-RC16?), tele could be made in or near the lava in order to acquire mid position tele/nuke room. I thought the lava had changed from the kind where a tele dies slowly to instant death. But maybe Scourge is right that the tele never really made it into the lava but the distance between the floor glass and lava decreased causing the tele to be made in the lava and die instantly. Higor can you comment on how that could have occurred? There was nothing wrong with that map until maybe 2 months ago give or take. Can anyone help with the timeline?

BathroomsFixed: You know, I was sure having trouble making tele through the cabinet door into the nuke room and I think I was on the blue team. It never went through the door and instead made it just outside in the air. Some maps do that where instead of just making that noise that it won't build it will build at the nearest open space instead. This should be fixed so both nuke rooms can be taken with a simple pair of jump boots or well executed hammer move not to mention drop down action.

Furthermore, I propose that Bathrooms-4 be modified so that the nuke rooms are not toxic and warheads can be made safely with fortification. The toxic nuke rooms were part of the old version before mid items were added and I think it makes sense to have secure nuke rooms so as to be able to end the map with more ease. Also fix the cabinets on that map so nuke rooms can be taken from the outside.

One feature of Colla's map, Unreal_Park, that I like is the nuke room is not water based, so you can make special items, trans or jetpack without leaving the nuke room and losing health while you are in it drowning. It is floating in air or something. Check it out next time it is played if you don't know it.

Higor
04-19-2013, 02:09 AM
One feature of Colla's map, Unreal_Park, that I like is the nuke room is not water based, so you can make special items, trans or jetpack without leaving the nuke room and losing health while you are in it drowning. It is floating in air or something. Check it out next time it is played if you don't know it.
It's a Nitrogen Zone, like the ones on DM-Pyramid.

Higor can you comment on how that could have occurred? There was nothing wrong with that map until maybe 2 months ago give or take. Can anyone help with the timeline?
I think i changed that on RC13 or RC14.
The teleporters used to have a container's cylinder size, which is broader with less height than a player, this caused some teleporters being able to be built into zones players don't fit and failing to work.
Right now teleporters have the same height and radius than a player, meaning that wherever you build a tele, the player will always manage to teleport.

Bathrooms-4 be modified so that the nuke rooms are not toxic and warheads can be made safely with fortification
Suscribed

.seVered.][
04-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Severed, I think, told me that ripper through glass is not allowed by rule on Burning. Is this true?

No, ripper through the glass is fine if BOTH teams have the same condition. Also barring that the are not shooting straight into the supplier. It's a moral tactic... really annoys the other team, and when more than one has at it.... it's dreadfully effective.

|uK|kenneth
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Then I agree. Played a really lame game of Blue Command a day or two back. Just no good tele options, constant mid spam, mines everywhere, impossible to get into enemy bases even with multiple nukes fired. I would put this as more of a suggestion and reason to delete BlueCommand from the map list rather than a glitch/quick fix, but such suggestions are fine to include for a tally.

lol there are some really nice tele spots on blue command i guess you dont know them.