maps changes (moderators help needed) [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : maps changes (moderators help needed)

Mp/5
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
hi all,
I was wondering if it is possible to minimize the number of Duku maps on the Uk and Us insta servers.
i do not see a reason that calls for the same map to appear 3 times as it is really boring to play the same map in a row (in rare cases even 3 times in a row :numbness: .
The weirdest thing (or annoying thing you pick) is that there are always like 3-4 players to vote for those maps over and over.
would appreciate if it is possible to take care of the matter or atleast bring it up as a pole or something if needed. Ohh and i was wondering why the map Action VIII was removed...
Thanks in advance and good night.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
agree about duku.

Ohh and i was wondering why the map Action VIII was removed...
It's crap that's why :p

Mp/5
04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Well if you got 2v2, 3v3 or even 4v4 on the server (something that happeneds early morning or at night) its a pretty good map and for sure its much better than inca2v2 and pure action.
But that is not the main part here anyway...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
The other andactions are exactly the same more or less.
inca2v2 is a terrible map all that seems to happen when it is played, is people hide/lame on the mid part of the map all game.

`JaSs^uK
04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
I do have to agree about duku it does get to the point where it is played too much,i think one version of the map should be on the servers then people would have to vote for other maps as they are a lot to pick from.

Keith
04-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Anda VIII was the better out of them all... Revamped is pure shit

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
I completely agree with this and not just duku, control is the same, if either of these maps get voted i tend to leave the server because I am sick of playing them over and over again, so many other good maps on the server get ignored because of this problem, i would make a poll on which is the best of the bunch and remove all the others leaving just one duku and control.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-24-2013, 10:42 AM
The thing with control is one is for 2v2, and the other for a full server.

I had a look through the map list. for repeats

Eternal caves
Eternal caves2
EternalCaves][red
eternalcaves][blue

FAce-se
Face
faceig2
FaceingWoots

Gauntlet
Gauntlet-2on2
GauntletCB2
GauntletSE
Gauntlet_CE_IG

Niven
Niven-LE
Niven-mini
NivenCE100
Niven][
Niven_Caos
Niven_SE

PureAction
PureAction][

Control
Control-le (Good version)

1on1-joust
1on1-joust99
1on1-joust-longV

BurgerWars
BurgerWarsIII
BurgerWarsIIIM
BurgerWars][

DDay
DDaywoot
DDay_CE

Coret
CoretCE105

`JaSs^uK
04-24-2013, 11:57 AM
The thing with control is one is for 2v2, and the other for a full server.

I had a look through the map list. for repeats

Eternal caves
Eternal caves2
EternalCaves][red
eternalcaves][blue

FAce-se
Face
faceig2
FaceingWoots

Gauntlet
Gauntlet-2on2
GauntletCB2
GauntletSE
Gauntlet_CE_IG

Niven
Niven-LE
Niven-mini
NivenCE100
Niven][
Niven_Caos
Niven_SE

PureAction
PureAction][

Control

1on1-joust
1on1-joust99
1on1-joust-longV

BurgerWars
BurgerWarsIII
BurgerWarsIIIM
BurgerWars][

DDay
DDaywoot
DDay_CE

Coret
CoretCE105 yeh i think one duku map and one contorl map and 30n3 coret, then it gives other people a choice of picking others god there's plenyt to go at lol

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Lol i missed duku out, here a bigger list of repeats, i think i got most of them.

Eternal caves
Eternal caves2
EternalCaves][red
eternalcaves][blue

FAce-se
Face
faceig2
FaceingWoots

Gauntlet
Gauntlet-2on2
GauntletCB2
GauntletSE
Gauntlet_CE_IG

Niven
Niven-LE
Niven-mini
NivenCE100
Niven][
Niven_Caos
Niven_SE

PureAction
PureAction][

Control

1on1-joust
1on1-joust99
1on1-joust-longV

BurgerWars
BurgerWarsIII
BurgerWarsIIIM
BurgerWars][

DDay
DDaywoot
DDay_CE

Coret
CoretCE105

----------------------------------------------------
Abreez
Abreez-SE

Anfract
AnfractFixed

Bleak-ce100
bleak-Simplified
bleak][ugn

bridge
bridgexl
bridgewoot

Burning
burning2005

Brokenlimits_MLIG
BrokenlimitsCB5

DukuCB£
DukuCB6
Duku]X[

ExtortionCB2
Extortion_CE

Gataka-LE102
Gataka-SE

GrendleKeep_Fixed
GrendleKeep_Fixed

Hydro16
hydro32

Maelstrum
Maelstrumxi2

Mcswarzly2004
Mcswarzly][

RainbaseCB4
RainbaseCE

SprintaCB3
SprintaCB4 //best version

thornsV2
thornsV4

Vaultcity_Le101
Vaultcity_Le102

LiandriDocks-LE101
LiandriDocks

433-LE101

`JaSs^uK
04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=UT-Sniper-SJA94;56305]Lol i missed duku out, here a bigger list of repeats, i think i got most of them.

How could you have mist duku out m8 the main map lol :)

Keith
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
What are the differences between dukus except being able to switch from left to right? I remember one had a ramp next to the mid bounce spawn where you can jump over it to switch low sides

Mp/5
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
The Duku maps are completely the same beside the ramp in 1 of them like you said.
Atleast on control you get a different version (although the original is a shitty 1 since its mostly DM when its 6v6 and you gotta make a holy shit just to get in and out with the flag).
All the others except for maybe caves and Gaunlet aren't played that much anyway so repeats is not a problem with them.
The joust maps are good to have around cause they are different in each version and goes great with only a few players on server.
Maps like CoretCE105 and Burgerwars are never played anyway so they do not bother me too much, but like fluke said when i see Duku on server this days i just don't feel like playing.

SAM
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Ok so shall we agree on a maplist then? At least for the repeats?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't know if anyone else will agree, but what about keeping the latest version of the map and remove the other repeats.

With eternal caves, Eternalcaves2 and eternalcaves[red] are the same map i think.
Abreez-SE has the booster out mid and has more ways to get in or out of the base.
Woot-hoho-18+ is just wootfixed with different textures.
thournsV4 is a massive open map, thornsv2 is a smaller more playable version of it.

1 map i think should be removed is BathroomsEq1, it just doesn't work in reg insta.

Mp/5
04-24-2013, 10:57 PM
The maps that should be removed IMO (the others aren't played anyway so does not matter much):
Duku (keep 1 version they are the same anyway)
Control (take off original keep the LE version)
Caves (keep the original and blue versions)
Gaunlet (keep original and 2v2 versions)
Bleak (keep ugn version, the others aren't played anyway)
The repeats on maps like Sprinta, Broken limits, Extortion and GrendleKeep: doesnt really matter i think since they are the same so just keep 1 version of them.
Maps like Abreez SE, Jousts and some of Niven maps (there are a few repeats of Niven that are exactly the same) should be kept if they offer something different from the original.
Bathrooms is indeed a waste of 16:27 minutes...
In a different subject - is it possible to go back to 100TR? or is it too much for the box? for me it felt much better (obviously 80 ping on F6 is smoother than 95)

Shotman
04-25-2013, 12:02 AM
The maps that should be removed IMO (the others aren't played anyway so does not matter much):
Duku (keep 1 version they are the same anyway)
Control (take off original keep the LE version)
Caves (keep the original and blue versions)
Gaunlet (keep original and 2v2 versions)
Bleak (keep ugn version, the others aren't played anyway)
The repeats on maps like Sprinta, Broken limits, Extortion and GrendleKeep: doesnt really matter i think since they are the same so just keep 1 version of them.
Maps like Abreez SE, Jousts and some of Niven maps (there are a few repeats of Niven that are exactly the same) should be kept if they offer something different from the original.
In a different subject - is it possible to go back to 100TR? or is it too much for the box? for me it felt much better (obviously 80 ping on F6 is smoother than 95)

Duku there are not all the same, there are things that are different: boosters, lighting and ramp. All these things seem little but does effect gameplay.
Just go with the original control because that pole and the spawnpoint are just stupid and get in the way.
Ec2 is the one that should be chosen not ec, its too uneven.
Extortion with the boosters the lift will get glitched and get annoying.
SprintaCB3
BLCB5
I don't know about GrendelKeep but i think there is a difference in them

Higor
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I can make a bot that adds +2 votes to a random map upon match end, letting the players finish voting later.

Mp/5
04-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Duku there are not all the same, there are things that are different: boosters, lighting and ramp. All these things seem little but does effect gameplay.
Just go with the original control because that pole and the spawnpoint are just stupid and get in the way.
There is only 1 Duku map with the ramp, and it doesn't really effect the match barely used anyway, boosters are all the same on all maps so i don't know what you mean by that, same places-same effect.
Lighting effect your game are you serious??
Control-LE is a much better CTF map since it gives you more than 1 way to get in and out of base and thats why you usually see higher cap score on that map. Control original version usually makes people DM much more.
On Caves i said 2 versions: the original and the blue version - whats uneven about the blue version?
All the others you mentioned seems alright.
FYI you dont have to quote the entire message of someone that wrote just above you, people will understand what message you are referring to without it...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Just go with the original control because that pole and the spawnpoint are just stupid and get in the way
Have you ever played the original control when there's a player laming on the ramps out mid all game. In control-le all you have to do is move your mouse up a bit when you get the bad spawn.
edit--------
Contol-le is much better, because of the extra way in or out of the base.
---

whats uneven about the blue version?
There's nothing really uneven about, you don't have to suicide about 100 times in a game like the red version, to get the better spawns.
One thing i don't like about the blue base is that narrow ramp to the blue flag.
But most of the time I have played ec-blue most players wants to defend, because it's easy to defend on ec blue.

I can make a bot that adds +2 votes to a random map upon match end, letting the players finish voting later.
That could be something worth trying.

PS There is 4 dukus.

Mp/5
04-25-2013, 09:47 AM
How come you are quoting me about stuff that Shotman said Sniper-SJA94?
I don't want credit for those sayings ;)
And i wasn't really asking about caves, it was a rhetorical question...

Keith
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Someone need to fix the retarded midhigh spawn on control LE and it's good to go

Mp/5
05-02-2013, 07:01 AM
So SAM, any conclusions from this thread?

kokett
05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
So SAM, any conclusions from this thread?

lets play duku? :P

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
It was just the red spawns wasn't it?

SAM
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Not sure how that will pan out in pub servers or if people will like it....however worth a shot!

Will take off bathrooms

It is possible to go back to 100TR however the issue isnt about whether box can handle it. It's pretty powerful and confident it can. The issue is finding a good median for all players and from experience....65 seems to be the sweet spot between mixture of, old, slow, computers & slow / bad internet connection.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
It is possible to go back to 100TR however the issue isnt about whether box can handle it. It's pretty powerful and confident it can. The issue is finding a good median for all players and from experience....65 seems to be the sweet spot between mixture of, old, slow, computers & slow / bad internet connection.

The #ipug server are so much better at 100 tr, i have problems with not being able to dodge or with shots passing through players at times on the |uk| insta servers.

about the eCaves maps, what about if just the original version is removed and keep the mirrored versions?

kokett
05-04-2013, 11:05 AM
The #ipug server are so much better at 100 tr, i have problems with not being able to dodge or with shots passing through players at times on the |uk| insta servers.

SAM
I would love to see the tickrate back at 100 also. it really felt wonderful when it was set. now with TR65 there isnt much difference to zp in my opinion, apart from the better movement feeling (dodging on the us-server with ping 150 was horrible jerky before with zp, now it feels ok). so, if its possible to set TR 100 i would say give it another go (maybe a test week or two) and if there are no complains from ppl with ancient pcs it might stay at TR100 forever ;)
afaik timtim said newnet is constructed/supposed to run at that tickrate anyway.
thanks in advance!

SAM
05-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Ok so far due to this thread:
1 duku - DukuCB6
1 bleak - BleakUGN

Up for discussion:
Abreez, Eternal Caves and which ANDAction should be on server.

Tickrate set to 100

kokett
05-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok so far due to this thread:
1 duku - DukuCB6
1 bleak - BleakUGN

Up for discussion:
Abreez, Eternal Caves and which ANDAction should be on server.

Tickrate set to 100

nice, thx!

eternal should be the mirrored versions e.g. eternal caves blue/red
i also think it was the right choice to remove andaction VIII since its just a sucky dm-map and was played way to often. the other andaction map(s) are rarely played now, which is a good thing.
Abreez should be Abreez-SE and Control should clearly be Control-LE
Gauntlet -> GauntletCB2

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Abreez-se is the better version, it has a booster out mid to get into the base, as well as 4 ways in each of the bases.
I Vote The original Caves to be removed but keep caves[red] and caves[blue], the original is to uneven due to the way the bases are.
Please remove most of the nivens please please :p, jumping in front of a moving train is more fun than playing them.

The uk server feels much better now, I'm hitting about the same accuracy there as the us server now, instead of 10% lessUnreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/ukstats/?p=match&mid=19029)

The announcer spec is great, have been watching pugs and you have a better idea of whos killing who.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 04:49 PM
lol i miss duku already :(:), It's been caves a lot today :o

Quick question, is anyone else getting some delays from hitting someone to them being killed, it keeps happening a lot the last few times i played, losing lots of kills and accuracy because of it :(.
This morning/afternoon it was perfect, I was hitting 33-43%accuracy, now low 30s, i hope i don't need to take another shit in a box and send it to my isp again.

Shotman
05-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Really, stop bringing the accuracy into this, noone cares. Just say "delay hits/kills", no need to say that my acc is below normal. Its so annoying just people complaining because their acc is 10% off in a goddam CTF game.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 07:03 PM
ok, i'll shut up about it.

SAM
05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
lol you tell him Shotman

But if you are experiencing lag though please post tracert!

kokett
05-04-2013, 07:59 PM
But if you are experiencing lag though please post tracert!

on the us server there was a slight delay above normal for me since morning, there was also a game @aquariumbase or however its called (the ctf-bolt clone) were none could frag anyone. that was before the tickrate-change tho.
maybe the us-server just needs a restart? uk-server feels great for me, much better than before. thanks again for the TR change SAM.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 08:37 PM
@aquariumbase or however its called (the ctf-bolt clone) were none could frag anyone
Isn't that the same map |uK|UNrealshots posted a demo of people not being able to kill people, maybe the map is just fked.

Mp/5
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
No more Duku sprees :D gj SAM!!
I don't see a reason to remove Abreez normal version as it is a really nice map when server isn't full and different from the SE version unlike duku that were all the same ( i like it even if its full but hey that's me). I agree about control, should stick with LE version. Caves 2 versions are enough ( probably blue&red) Andaction i say keep revamp version and bring back VIII, pure version is usually boring.
About Gaunlet, the CB2 version and original 1 are exactly the same and played quite a lot. I think 1 should be removed.
Thanks for the effort and for changing to 100 TR, feels nicer now :applause:
Ohh and about that bolt map, i played it once and had the same thing where people couldn't hit anyone, it happened after some 1 jumped into the water in the middle somehow and then bouncers didn't work neither so the map is bugged for sure, nothing to do with TR or anything else.

kokett
05-05-2013, 04:26 AM
No more Duku sprees :D gj SAM!!
I don't see a reason to remove Abreez normal version as it is a really nice map when server isn't full and different from the SE version unlike duku that were all the same ( i like it even if its full but hey that's me).

dukus arent all the same, dukuX has ramps and hence additional options to get in+out of base. no duku sprees = no sprees of all other crap maps. i played abreez-se multiple times 2on2, works flawlessly. keeping the small versions of the maps just rewards lamers who then can play their midfield-dm game more easily. its really easy to lame on the org-abreez. i cant remember of any abreez game in the last years without the 2-4 dickheads laming in midfield, preferred under the middle entrance of their enemy-base (easy backshots + efc-killing).
gauntcb2 should be preferred since the spawns there are optimized for league play.
One version of andaction is more than enough.
i also agree with UT-Sniper-SJA94 to wipe out the niven crap. maybe the SE version is the one to keep there too.

Mp/5
05-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Ohh ye you are right, with the ramps its a totally different map :uncomfortableness:
Saying people are camping midfield on Abreez is like saying people are staying at corners on AndAction - its a DM map and if you are good you will know how to kill them easily (not like that many div1 playing here for the most of it).
Go look at the stats of that map, mostly interesting games with lots of caps from both teams.

Keith
05-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Really, stop bringing the accuracy into this, noone cares. Just say "delay hits/kills", no need to say that my acc is below normal. Its so annoying just people complaining because their acc is 10% off in a goddam CTF game.
I shoot 45acc umad? lol

kokett
05-05-2013, 02:50 PM
idd, Mp/5, its a dm map, on a ctf-server full of laming idiots. i don't see the point in supporting these kind of maps. even if i don't have probs fragging these idiots, my understanding of an interesting+competitive ctf-game is a different one than yours it seems.

Mp/5
05-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Ye perhaps and its ok, every 1 enjoys different things in UT, but i find a map like Abreez or action fun sometimes especially if server isn't full
+ I always manage to grab and cap a lot on those maps so for me its a challenge.
There are enough Ctf maps (like Caves or Sprinta) that you can always find people just camping or hiding in corners in the base and i am sure you will agree they shouldn't be taken off.
Anyway i am just happy Duku is down to 1, all the rest bother me much less.

kokett
05-06-2013, 03:22 AM
sure, best thing would be to take the 'always camping + hiding lamers of', not the maps.

Mp/5
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
a nice screenshot to warm your hearts ;)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Please remove one of the Abreez's, it's bs having to waste two games in a row playing that crap map, esp 6v6.

kokett
05-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Please remove one of the Abreez's, it's bs having to waste two games in a row playing that crap map, esp 6v6.

true story, funny that mp/5 complains about duku-sprees and wants them removed, but then goes for abreez-sprees himself.

Braka
05-07-2013, 07:33 PM
dono what ur talking about tbh mp/5 , tbh make UK server a duku only server and let the rest of the ppl go play on the USA server ;p

DUKU FTW !!!

Mp/5
05-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Kokett go take a look how many times Duku has been played on the server and compare it to Abreez, then we will see if you still got complains. And it is funny you direct it to me like i was the one forcing those maps, as i am not even the one voted for them originally. I am guessing you are 1 of those that don't mind playing Duku 3 times in a row, sorry we spoiled your fun :(
B.T.W go take a look at the stats of both abreez maps and tell me what is the problem with them cause lots of caps and grabs and close match on one i cant find a problem...

kokett
05-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Kokett go take a look how many times Duku has been played on the server and compare it to Abreez, then we will see if you still got complains. And it is funny you direct it to me like i was the one forcing those maps, as i am not even the one voted for them originally. I am guessing you are 1 of those that don't mind playing Duku 3 times in a row, sorry we spoiled your fun :(
B.T.W go take a look at the stats of both abreez maps and tell me what is the problem with them cause lots of caps and grabs and close match on one i cant find a problem...

I actually like duku (for its fast pace), but never really played it 3 times in a row-. the fluctuation on the uk server is kinda high, lots of ppl in spec all the time at evening and if they finally get a chance to play they go for maps they like. if one of these maps happen to be duku, i can see why it is (was) voted often. still 2 times abreez in a row is sick and i rest my case, the normal abreez map has no place on a 6v6 ctf-server (its a pure spamfest). this is the 14 player-version of abreez which we used to play in the past -> http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-Abreez%5D%5B.zip.

Mp/5
05-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Who are you exactly (what nick do you use)?

kokett
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
they call me flabbergasted atm ;)