PDA

View Full Version : UT Trouble

|uK|Sonic
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey everyone:) Been awhile and i wont be on much but I want to continue to play. So here are my 2 problems.
1.) Graphics Issue---When using Direct3d support screen is clear and bright but my mouse is jerking around and the screen is shaky. I have tryed the different video graphics like OpenGL (Runs better but even with brightness on high my screen is so black its unplayable.
2.) My mouse seems to be running very fast in game. I can't seem to slow it down at all. I have tryed the ingame settings changing it very low to ajusting my mouse settings. ( I have a wireless logitech laser mouse with correct drivers)
Any help or ideas would be appreciated

SAM
04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Is it just on our servers or any server?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Have you tried a mouse fix that removes acceleration?

There's a download link on here.
http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide

Crsk
04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
For the mouse, try to fix it turning on/off your 'DirectInput' setting (Options>Preferences>Input) and turn off your 'vSync' setting (find it under your render device preferences, also in your video card settings), if you have alot of CPI in your mouse you need to put a really low value in your mouse sens setting into UT, try something like 0.7 if you are running something like 3200 DPI (1600 CPI) and also turn off 'enhance pointer precision' under your O.S. mouse settings (to get it work you need to download/install a mouse fix).
if you still having mouse problems try Polling Rate= 500 Hz in your mouse settings.

for more "brightness" just use gamma under render device preferences (write preferences in console)

|uK|Sonic
04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Sam, it seems to be happening in every server. Thanks to everyone for your ideas. Crsk, you are talking in another language to me lol but i will try to figure it out thank you

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
go into the unrealtournament.ini under the section for the renderer youre using you should find either "vsync" which you would put to false or you will have "swapinterval" which you would put to 0

in game go to options>input and tick direct input

check your fps by typing timedemo 1 in the console and see how much you get and if it drops constantly

|uK|chiseller
04-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Hey Sonic, long time no see!

For your mouse: Disable mouse acceleration and put the windows mouse speed at default which is the 6th notch in the middle.

|uK|Sonic
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey Chis, long time! I ticked direct input and vsync was already set to false. Couldnt find the "swapinterval" so im guessing i do not have that? My mouse seems to be working fine now. Just having those grapgic issues. It still works fine on opengl just dark, but direct3d is still jumpy. I will check fps soon and post that.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-25-2013, 12:08 PM
OpenGL brightness fix : go into UnrealTournament\system, Open unrealtournament.ini, under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] , look for GammaOffset=0.000000 and set it to GammaOffset=0.600000, this will fix your brightness issue for OpenGL.

|uK|Sonic
04-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks Fluke, All I have under that section is
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Just add the other lines at the bottom of that section.
Or you can type preferences in the console, go to rendering->OpenGL.
All the other stuff should show up, in a little Uwindow.

Dr.Flay
04-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Why has no one told you to stop using renderers intended for DX5-7 (Win9x era)
Update to modern renderers, intended for modern PCs.
We can assume you are using at least a DX9 graphics chip.

Read Raynor's "TUTORIAL: Tweak Your UT Graphics & Audio To The Maximum"
UT99.org | TUTORIAL: Unreal Tournament Audio & Visuals Tweaking Guide : Tips, Tricks & Tutorials (http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373)
Then my "Tweak Windows and ALL Graphics drivers"
Your Unreal - Tweak Windows and ALL Graphics drivers (http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/tweak-windows)

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP USING ANCIENT RENDERERS !

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-26-2013, 10:43 AM
you can add those lines in after the last line in that section

.seVered.][
04-27-2013, 12:51 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};56412']OpenGL brightness fix : go into UnrealTournament\system, Open unrealtournament.ini, under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] , look for GammaOffset=0.000000 and set it to GammaOffset=0.600000, this will fix your brightness issue for OpenGL.

|uK|Diablo was also having this trouble with his D3D 10 renderer.

SAM
04-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Sonic you plank! Just add the lines suggested. Also agree with Dr.Flay you should use a newer renderer.

|uK|Sonic
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
So I added that line and its still super dark! :moon: Ive also been trying my direct3d still and its horrible. I never had this issue before. Maybe its time to format again and start over...

|uK|chiseller
04-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Put this into your system folder http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/utglr36.zip

Put this under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] in your unrealtournament.ini

BufferTileQuads=False
CacheStaticMaps=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
Coronas=False
DescFlags=0
Description=
DetailClipping=True
DetailMax=2
DetailTextures=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
FrameRateLimit=120
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffset=0.000000
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
HighDetailActors=True
LODBias=1
MaskedTextureHack=True
MaxAnisotropy=0
MaxLogTextureSize=12
MaxTMUnits=0
MinLogTextureSize=0
NoAATiles=True
NoFiltering=False
NumAASamples=0
OneXBlending=False
RefreshRate=115
SceneNodeHack=True
ShareLists=False
ShinySurfaces=False
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
SmoothMaskedTextures=True
SwapInterval=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseAA=False
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseBGRATextures=True
UseFragmentProgram=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=False
UsePrecache=False
UseS3TC=True
UseSSE=True
UseSSE2=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseZTrick=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ZRangeHack=False

|uK|Sonic
04-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks Chis that seems to have worked :)

Crsk
04-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Read the //comments, I wrote it based in the chisseler ini posted, may help you improving your configuration even more.

BufferTileQuads=False // Turn True to improve text rendering performance.
CacheStaticMaps=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
Coronas=False
DescFlags=0
Description=
DetailClipping=True
DetailMax=2
DetailTextures=True
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
FrameRateLimit=120 // Since SwapInterval is set to 0 i think you can use high values right here, but if you feel acceleration try 60.
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False // Turn True if you don't want to capture dark screenshots.
GammaOffset=0.000000 // Use to get brighter or darker visual.
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
HighDetailActors=True
LODBias=1
MaskedTextureHack=True
MaxAnisotropy=0
MaxLogTextureSize=12 // 12 is for S3TC '4096x4096' Textures (2^12=4096), if you have a shity video card use 8 instead.
MaxTMUnits=0
MinLogTextureSize=0
NoAATiles=True
NoFiltering=False
NumAASamples=0
OneXBlending=False
RefreshRate=115 // Here you NEED to put your own. If you have no idea or you are lazy to see, use RefreshRate=0 (to use a default RefreshRate).
SceneNodeHack=True
ShareLists=False
ShinySurfaces=False
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
SmoothMaskedTextures=True
SwapInterval=0 // 0 value means 'Vertical Synch disabled', 'DisableVSync=True' (disabled may help fixing mouse lag).
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseAA=False
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseBGRATextures=True
UseFragmentProgram=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=False
UsePrecache=False // Turn True to load textures before play (True means improve the gameplay performance).
UseS3TC=True // You have and want high detail textures? if so, keep it True to use.
UseSSE=True
UseSSE2=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseTexPool=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseZTrick=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ZRangeHack=False // Experimental option, turn True if you want to fix the Nuke-HUD bug.

-OpenGL have problems in ATI video cards, if you have ATI you can use an old OpenGL version (3.4? idk) or simple use D3D9 that is similar.

Correct! this is the little nuke-hud bug i'm talking about

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a596/Crssk/Nuke-HUDBug_zps168ebfb2.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Crssk/media/Nuke-HUDBug_zps168ebfb2.jpg.html)

Keith
05-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Let it to 120 fps don't change it to 60 or it will lag like shit

|uK|Sonic
05-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the help it seems to be working great now