PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Solution to Team Removal Griefing

Scourge
04-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Little Timmy Sieger has 2400 RU. The RU Limit is 2500. General Griefin' McTrollCakes now tries to remove a level 5 container, which WOULD drop the RU limit to 2200 and rob Little Timmy of 200 RU... But then Mr. McTrollCakes finds that he CAN'T REMOVE THE CONTAINER. That's right - You won't lose your hard-earned RU if someone decides to start removing willy-nilly. Simple.

But what, God forbid, if EVERYONE has low RU when the troll decides to make his move? If a container or SC removal without subsequent (within 30 seconds) replacement BY THE REMOVING PLAYER is committed, and the team (half or more) votes on a restoration with their constructors, all removed buildings from within that 30 seconds will be restored to their former place complete with upgrades and the offender booted from play.

Finally, what if the troll builds a leech AND stockpiles RU? Higor has leech detection heuristics now built into Siege, which can likely be turned into a constructor option for EITHER TEAM to be implemented for leech removal and fair play. While we're on the subject, something like this could be made automatic, except in games that will be designated leech games. This also prevents faggotry like building invincible buildings in the middle during games of McSwartzly2004. (I have to admit this is still fun.)

Twopence for your thoughts?

--- Updated ---

While I'm here, I'd like to reiterate my petition for a trouble-free, insta-build leech mode and for fixing the occasional inability to switch weapons while using the new ZP insta. Also, the old red zappy ray was cooler and should be put back.

Banny
04-25-2013, 06:18 AM
One coder, million ideas..

Keep it up!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-25-2013, 06:22 AM
or just set SC so only the players who build it can remove it, but in the case its mrtrollcakes that built it in a stupid place then once they leave the game then anyone can remove it, mrtrollcakes builds bad SC, mrAdmin kicks mrtrollcakes, SC can then be removed and 2 hours of simplex can continue :)

|uK|Chronox
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Let it be removed by anyone.

Mr Troll will recieve a good ban for it :D

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-25-2013, 09:46 AM
something badger wrote.... on the facebook feed for this thread

David Heiland "When I wrote the Team Removing code for Siege I added UT server configuration settings to allow the server admin to set that NO removing is allowed, or to configure the time space in seconds between each subsequent removal"