PDA

View Full Version : Combo :)

SAM
05-04-2013, 05:23 PM
It's now newnet. Special thanks to Higor

Mod will be made public after testing...

Trajik
05-04-2013, 05:26 PM
You can test it on my server SAM, have had it newnet compatible for about a month now. Smooth as butter.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 05:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thanks Higor

SAM
05-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Refinements:

Alt fire now does no damage, well 2.
No more alt fire limit so you can fire a decoy to confuse enemy.
Combo radius matters now, so if you combo far away from a player, he receives less damage, won't die instantly. So combo distance matters now, combo with skill please. Less SPAM

OH, PS there is now a LOL rifle...which will throw your enemy across the map. Other than that, all the same.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-04-2013, 05:31 PM
FINALLY ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D tytytytyytytytytytyty gj gg

SAM
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Problems and feedback please....

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 05:38 PM
No more alt fire limit so you can fire a decoy to confuse enemy.
Combo radius matters now, so if you combo far away from a player, he receives less damage, won't die instantly. So combo distance matters now, combo with skill please. Less SPAM
Lmao, the noobs like jazzecho and i-lost will be sad now.

I need to try and do it again but, i shot my team mate a few times then shot a enemy 4 or 5 times with prime fire and no damage was done.

|uK|Anthrax
05-04-2013, 06:16 PM
the primary fire isn't dealing damage in 90% of the times.

Higor
05-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Does the primary fire issue happen at mid game or only game start?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Higor SAM

I'm sure its when you shoot someones combo, you have to suicide to get it back to normal.

just suicide if you get the bug.

Other than that its 1000x better than zp combo.

Higor
05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I will have to reinforce Shock rifle modification upon shot.
I'll do it tomorrow.

SAM
05-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Something similar to this maybe?

var config float DamageScale;

function PostBeginPlay() {
Super.PostBeginPlay();
Level.Game.RegisterDamageMutator( Self );
}

function MutatorTakeDamage( out int ActualDamage, Pawn Victim, Pawn InstigatedBy, out Vector HitLocation, out Vector Momentum, name DamageType) {
if (DamageType!='Fell') {
ActualDamage = ActualDamage * DamageScale;
}
Super.MutatorTakeDamage( ActualDamage, Victim, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType );
But in doing that, makes all damage amplified so alt will do insta kill unless there is a sanity check on alt fire.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I tried to find out more about the bug, It seems not to do it all the time, and there is still damage but only the default shockrifle damage value.
It seems to do it after you spawn if you had shot some else's combo and died.

Higor
05-04-2013, 07:43 PM
What happens is that the Shock Rifle is edited upon being created.
This worked flawlessly on a vanilla shock arena test, and the ZP code should work 100% perfect as well, including with ball limitation which is built into the mutator.

Now we have NN, which uses various shockball variations... and likely edits the weapons' properties in mid use, ugh.

PK Jogando UT
05-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Is not better do a poll in the forum to vote if the players want change it?
I do really preffer the old mod and lot of players in the server says same
(I dont know really if u did it, I did come here becouse of this crazy change, did not watch the forum)

Saing about the mod, the rocket get weird in the screen

and to me was explainned that first fire kill instantly and the combo depend the proximity, thats that? or u are only testing for a while

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Also it's great that grapple doesn't kill you know :) *Sticks middle fingers up to Cryni0(pwnit0), I-LOST ,Jazzecho*

SAM
05-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Well @PK Jogando UT (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=2570)

It is the lack of this input that we make changes based on the people that do come to forum without knowing what the rest think. So this is a good thing

kdawg232
05-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Well @PK Jogando UT (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=2570)

It is the lack of this input that we make changes based on the people that do come to forum without knowing what the rest think. So this is a good thing

This new mod is absolutely awful. You shoot someone with primary, nothing happens. You shoot them with a combo....nothing happens. Next time, they die. The fact that you have no idea if someone dies when you shoot them makes it one of the worst servers out there.

If people want instagib, they'll go to a insta server. People come to the comboinstagib for a variation of insta. Everyone on the server hates it. Eventually the server will go from one of the most popular to a server nobody uses. You'll see that within a month of this new mod. K.

SAM
05-05-2013, 08:06 AM
The combo server in it's old state pre yesterday took roughly 6 months to perfect how it worked. It's based on old style zero ping which worked really well but was very hacky. The new mod that the new style is based no is much better and in the coming day or two the new one will be perfected to. Don't worry we won't let one me the most popular mods left in Ut die.

We are trying to enhance the experience and I'm confident it will work better once we have had the chance to perfect it. Bare with us

Keith
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
From what I tested shock does like 10 damages at times and only combo can kill people. Suiciding sometimes fixed it somehow

krippler
05-05-2013, 08:42 AM
It's REALLY wonky right now. Seems almost random. About half the times it plays as normal but I've also primaried a player 6 times and he just kept trucking along (have also had the same thing happen to me - primaried 3-4 times in a row and lost about 20 health each time)

SAM
05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I played earlier and found that the weapon is not being modified at spawn -sometimes-

Suiciding fixes the issue. So...if your primary does not gib, just suicide for now.

krippler
05-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Roger - also, in NW there is still a grapple instead of trans

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Jump pads on d-daywoot are not working.

monkey
05-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Honestly, I hate this mod. No offense to the person who did it. Go back to old. I shoot people like 4,5 times in a row and they don't die, then all of a sudden, they shoot me once and I'm dead.

Did I mention that I hate this mod. People played on server all the time in its previous form. Now, its just lame as fuck.

~monkey

edit: I may actually consider quitting ut

SAM
05-05-2013, 11:03 AM
@monkey (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1937)

It takes patience and time to perfect mods. Just like before you started playing on combo, there was a time the server was in full dev to make it what it is known as. Unless we are given time to refine things when we do make some updates, you won't get the full, refined, better experience you have come to expect.

Have some respect for people who actually put time onto making mods that have contributed towards the game being alive today. You have a choice really. Either you wait out a day or two until we fix these issues or you can quit. That's up to you. However, flaming people who make mods and receive nothing but criticism is really selfish of you. What do you do exactly? You come to play and leave. In a few years time you will probably quit UT. While we are still here providing the game servers. So actually our work is not just for today, stagnate and die. It's for tomorrow, the week, month, year, after you have stopped playing to encase the new players.

SO please have some decency and either provide some constructive feedback or just hold your mouth until we have this sorted. One, two days is nothing. I am sure you will survive. And for those who have "quit" the server for a couple days, that is fine also. Because I am sure they will come try the server in a few days, again. And in doing so they will find actually all the issues have been resolved.

FYI

Suiciding fixes the issue. So...if your primary does not gib, just suicide for now.

monkey
05-05-2013, 11:26 AM
I did say "no offense" to the person who made it. I'm sure there is a group of people out there who like this type of gameplay. When I play with an instagib gun, I expect it to be "insta"nt kill. Maybe its just a bug, but are all the primary fire shots supposed to bounce? Please tell me this is just a bug.

SAM
05-05-2013, 11:38 AM
It's a bug. If you read the full thread you would know that the bug has been acknowledge.

ComboGib is not standard UT play. So it's not easy to make. Instagib comes built into UT so it's pretty easy. Basically the ComboGib rifle has to be hacked (serverside) to give the damage to gib a player. However, the new hack around newnet (due to it's nature) makes it quite difficult. Nevertheless, it will be resolved. Patience is appreciated

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-05-2013, 12:35 PM
tbh most of the people i see that complain are the ones with low pings, or ones that shot combos in random places 5 miles from someone and not getting kills like before in the zp mod, all you have to do now is actually position/aim the combos now to kill instead of spamming them like the old mod.

This mod is fantastic compared to the zp one, even with the bug more hits register compared to the zp one.

krippler
05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
After FULLY reading the thread and seeing that the combo radius has been reduced and secondary ball damage removed, I hopped in for a game and found it much more playable & predictable than before (though still with some instances of my primary fire not having any effect - dying did seem to solve this). You might want to do a PSA about this as people in the server are flipping the fuck out about why combo/ball spam isn't doing anything, lol.

uranus
05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm very happy to see NewNet getting the attention it needs in other game types. TimTim has done a great thing but he's mostly focused on insta afaik. I think NN is still buggy in NW, too, so more people hacking on it is a good thing. I used to see a lot of this "no damage" shots even in zp and right now it's way worse in the server but the potential for improvement is much better with NN. Big ups to Higor.

PK Jogando UT
05-05-2013, 07:12 PM
I think this mod is a good idea, this really make sense dont kill enemy in fist combo, but combo instagib is combo instagib, this could be puted in other way in mapvote, if ppl liked it then they will vote it like normal weapons,(dont understand like offence, the servers is not mine, only my opinion)

I can follow with this new mod but I think will see less players in the server, same left bcs of the bugs that are leeting us crazy (hit lot of times the enemys and die by one hit)

The idea is cool, gona try this

secured2k
05-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Is newnet the mod or some new netcode fixes?
What I noticed:
Player suicides when making alt shots.
The reported issue of primary doing little damage after hitting someone else's combo.
Normal Weapons no longer uses the xloc, but grapple instead.
Some maps with jump pads stopped working.
Tickrate is at 100 up from 60.

Higor
05-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Sam, you can always rollback to ZP + PURE if u want.
The new ComboGib mutator should work 100% fine, with ball limitation included.

kdawg232
05-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Why don't you run this mod on a different server and keep it the way it is? The server the way it is, is always full and always gives good game play no matter how bad or good the competition is. If it's too expensive to run a different server with this mod, PM me with pricing details and I'd help out with the current combogib server.

monkey
05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
It's a bug. If you read the full thread you would know that the bug has been acknowledge.

ComboGib is not standard UT play. So it's not easy to make. Instagib comes built into UT so it's pretty easy. Basically the ComboGib rifle has to be hacked (serverside) to give the damage to gib a player. However, the new hack around newnet (due to it's nature) makes it quite difficult. Nevertheless, it will be resolved. Patience is appreciated

Well, I am sorry for jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I should have read the entire thread (not a big reader- expected such an important detail in the headlines..lol). I like Krips post about making a PSA about it.

However, now that I have read it, I think the idea is actually really cool. Whoever did make this mod really knows what this game is about.

kdawg232
05-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, I am sorry for jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I should have read the entire thread (not a big reader- expected such an important detail in the headlines..lol). I like Krips post about making a PSA about it.

However, now that I have read it, I think the idea is actually really cool. Whoever did make this mod really knows what this game is about.

The mod itself is fine however just played on the server and it makes for some really uneven teams. All the noobs who used to do OK with ball spamming are struggling big time so now there's only 1 or 2 decent players on each team. Before at least the crappiest of players could make somewhat of a difference.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-05-2013, 09:23 PM
All the noobs who used to do OK with ball spamming are struggling big time
good

Shotman
05-05-2013, 09:49 PM
newnet is pretty much zp but tweaked meaning therecis some fixed bugs. Newnet is only good for IG, while in normal weapons its pretty horrible. For nw stick with ZP.

Banny
05-06-2013, 04:42 AM
It's so crap man. Just had 2 games. 3 combos and the person is still alive. Almost everyone's complaining.

SAM
05-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Combo rolled back for now then...still working on new version

secured2k
05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I like the fact it takes more skill in combo placement to kill someone. However, the bug with primary direct hits not doing much damage is annoying.
I've also noticed the server is no longer stable and crashes a lot while this new setup is running.

I'm also still not sure, but I think I've seen some players suicide on their own alt fire ball without it detonating, as if they were pushed into their own ball and instagibbed for it.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah i kept seeing people getting killed from their own combos

Keith
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Thats cool so spamming balls noobs get owned

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Is there any news on the newnet combo?

SAM
06-13-2013, 05:33 PM
That dev stopped but it's upto Higor with his priorities.

SAM
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Update on this. It's in native dev atm, there've been various releases (which no one has tested other than myself or TimTim). Still some small issues to iron out however I do forsee something in the near future. Once this version is released combo will take a lot more skill and actually behave like it is supposed to.

Stay tuned.