PDA

View Full Version : Internet problem

shafaqs2
05-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I am having serious problem with my internet connection, it keeps disconnecting and it gives me error 0x000000EF, I also get kicked for time out error. My internet works perfect, it is not that.
What can I do to fix it.

'Zac
05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Go into the console and type in netspeed20000 ( 20 and three zeros s ). if that doesnt work then try changing your internet connection type to what you have if its on LAN or something else

SAM
05-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I would suggest Zac's suggestion

Crsk
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM
I don't know why most of people use and recommends netspeed 20000. i think 20000 is a lot even for Siege and MH, i think that i need a super computer, internet speed and screen Hz to play at netspeed 20000... someone tell me why please, atm i use 10000 (guess still high in my case though).

BTW shafaqs2 did you recently formated your pc? or maybe forced the shut down? 0x000000EF seems to be driver related.

Shotman
05-06-2013, 10:22 PM
because it will usually fix the problem. If you join in and 5 sec later the error pops up, you will usually have to put 15000 or 20000 to be able to join in and put it back to 10000 when ACE is complete. The error is usually because the server is really laggy(because of all the conts, sp, and other buildings, then the players and finally the ACE loadup. I am not sure about this but i think i am kinda close right SAM

Crsk
05-07-2013, 02:24 AM
well, that's correct i think.

guess when someone have time out problems is because the server is trying to send more data than the client are allowed to receive, you can receive more data if you increase your netspeed value, it should works as fix.

now my question is, why people seems to like netspeed= 20000? why is that good for? why people recommend to set 20000 instead of recommend increase it or recommend to set a decent value like 10000? maybe the player with timeout problems just need to fix it changing his netspeed from 2600 to 10000, with netspeed= 10000 most of players should have enough fps, some other with super computers should set something like netspeed= 15000 though, isn't? i don't know how the netspeed thing works at all but what i think is that isn't a good idea to set very low or very high values, since both have his own disadvantages to the players like packet loss and high ping.

OuTlaW
05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
This happend to me once ,Try reinstalling the game with the patch or something

SAM
05-07-2013, 03:00 PM
because it will usually fix the problem. If you join in and 5 sec later the error pops up, you will usually have to put 15000 or 20000 to be able to join in and put it back to 10000 when ACE is complete. The error is usually because the server is really laggy(because of all the conts, sp, and other buildings, then the players and finally the ACE loadup. I am not sure about this but i think i am kinda close right @SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1)

This is correct. The server sending too much information for the client to cope with...so the server starts to decide what is priority. And replicating the information of what is happening in game is higher than nexgen or any other authentication. Since they are third party

well, that's correct i think.

guess when someone have time out problems is because the server is trying to send more data than the client are allowed to receive, you can receive more data if you increase your netspeed value, it should works as fix.

now my question is, why people seems to like netspeed= 20000? why is that good for? why people recommend to set 20000 instead of recommend increase it or recommend to set a decent value like 10000? maybe the player with timeout problems just need to fix it changing his netspeed from 2600 to 10000, with netspeed= 10000 most of players should have enough fps, some other with super computers should set something like netspeed= 15000 though, isn't? i don't know how the netspeed thing works at all but what i think is that isn't a good idea to set very low or very high values, since both have his own disadvantages to the players like packet loss and high ping.

Funnily enough this is correct too. However, most internet lines these days can safely handle netspeed 20000...back in the early 2ks and 56k dialup it was more of a problem. In any case though, 20000 is suggested just to pass login stage easily without problems. You can then set it back to whatever you prefer to play with.

shafaqs2
05-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks everybody, I tested netspeed20000, didnt see much change but I also changed the connection type to LAN and reinstalled openGL and now it works fine, as ZAC suggested and now it seems to work fine.
Thanks guys, great help.