Ban bunnyhopping from Siege? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Ban bunnyhopping from Siege?

|uK|chiseller
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes?
No?

Cella
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
nothanks

|uK|fleecey
05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes please, it's so fucking annoying.

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM
why are we voting again? there has been a poll like this 2 years ago and at that moment shiva decided to allow it on public and ban bunny hopping on pugs & MLSG
oh and btw the only reason you guys try to ban it is cuz you guys cant bounce. otherwise you wouldnt wine about it.

Banny
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
If bunnyhopping is necessary for u then there's a gametype known as " Bunny Tracks" maybe have a try? .. grrr

Cella
05-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah i played alot of BT along with bunnyhopping, But I don't see any harm to it on siege, its public ffs, everything is allowed. and bouncing is hardly useful, only on open maps like BathroomsEQ and the sb bounce from simplex but its completely useless elsewise.

Banny
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah i played alot of BT along with bunnyhopping, But I don't see any harm to it on siege, its public ffs, everything is allowed. and bouncing is hardly useful, only on open maps like BathroomsEQ and the sb bounce from simplex but its completely useless elsewise.

Minicivilwar, Clarion(s) , Simplex , Blackriver etc.

Novak
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes, please get rid of it. Annoying and pointless.

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2013, 11:30 AM
If bunnyhopping is necessary for u then there's a gametype known as " Bunny Tracks" maybe have a try? .. grrr

i played way more bunny track then you ever will be.

SAM
05-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Double gunning is useful too

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
05-09-2013, 01:51 PM
oh and btw the only reason you guys try to ban it is cuz you guys cant bounce. otherwise you wouldnt wine about it.

exactly why it shouldn't be allowed, its a game abuse glitch, thats why everyone cant do it, bouncing isnt the toughest thing in the world to do if you know how to setup your controls but still, bouncing gives you an advantage where there shouldn't be one, its glitch abuse just like double gunning.

SilverWing
05-09-2013, 02:03 PM
BANN ALL THE NOOBSSSS DO ITTT AND LIFE WOULD BE GOODDDDDDD!!!!

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Double gunning is useful too
Triple is more useful XD
i miss the old siege :S

|uK|fleecey
05-09-2013, 03:54 PM
why are we voting again? there has been a poll like this 2 years ago and at that moment shiva decided to allow it on public and ban bunny hopping on pugs & MLSG

that was 2 years ago, now we asking again obviously.. things change..

'Zac
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
i dont think we should remove it. bunny hopping is a tactic for speed and getting to far places in less the time. plus you can only go straight so its limited.

Moskva
05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Trying to find drama where there shouldnt be
Dont worry, Il capo di tutti capi will comeback soon

~~D4RR3N~~
05-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes please, it's so fucking annoying. Like spam, but there you have niven and doa arena

Cella
05-09-2013, 11:15 PM
you dont need a BT setup to bounce......
I'm jumping with spacebar without using walk nor crouch. It's all about the timing of the jumps. This shouldnt be an excuse at all, since every ape is capable of doing it unless you lack rhythm. Then go play Guitar Hero

DANGERBOY
05-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Like spam, but there you have niven and doa arena
than we need to remove the spam maps too...no sup spam ya ?this maps= sup spam so...

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
than we need to remove the spam maps too...no sup spam ya ?this maps= sup spam so...
we are talking almost about every map!
out off topic - cant we install a mode where if you kill someone in SS you get killed - for supSpaming ? SAM not sure if its possible!

|uK|kenneth
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Wah_JD;57389']we are talking almost about every map!
out off topic - cant we install a mode where if you kill someone in SS you get killed - for supSpaming ? SAM not sure if its possible!

thats a bad idea.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
i always though of something like a 128uu radius around the supplier that absorbs damage and ricochets projectiles like rockets, while making the players in the suppler unable to shot through the radius.

Novak
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Like spam, but there you have niven and doa arena

than we need to remove the spam maps too...no sup spam ya ?

Bunnyhopping is jumpspam, is that your point? Bunnyhopping and sup spam have nothing to do with each other. And, by the way, sup spam is already bannable. One shot at the supplier is allowed and anything after is sup spam. So do you believe one bunny hop should be allowed?

Make a better argument for why to keep bunnyhopping rather than explaining how to do it. There are all kinds of cheap tactics one could think of. Do you think knowing how to do it is the difference between executing it and not? GG

Bring up getting rid of sup spam maps like Niven on another thread. This thread is about a cheap tactic that is unnecessary. Ignore kenneth's tears.

Shotman
05-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Like fluke said bunny hopping is a glitch. Also you got jetpack, trans, boosters and speed to get accross the map faster that are not glitches and are legal.

As for the sup spam why not make the projectiles reflect towards the person that is shooting them or
make the supplier absorbed the projectiles, the positive benefit would get the team that is being sup spam weapons faster from the sup or 50 more Ru to everyone.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Bunnyhopping is jumpspam, is that your point? Bunnyhopping and sup spam have nothing to do with each other. And, by the way, sup spam is already bannable. One shot at the supplier is allowed and anything after is sup spam. So do you believe one bunny hop should be allowed?

Make a better argument for why to keep bunnyhopping rather than explaining how to do it. There are all kinds of cheap tactics one could think of. Do you think knowing how to do it is the difference between executing it and not? GG

Bring up getting rid of sup spam maps like Niven on another thread. This thread is about a cheap tactic that is unnecessary. Ignore kenneth's tears.

Like fluke said bunny hopping is a glitch. Also you got jetpack, trans, boosters and speed to get accross the map faster that are not glitches and are legal.
WAIT A MINUTE! Is this about BOUNCING, or BUNNYHOPING, 'cause those are different things (as far as I know):
-Bunnyhoping: Jumping repeatedly firing a weapon such like Rocket Launcher, this helps the player to avoid self-damage when firing it at short range.
-Bouncing: Also jumping repeatedly, with the difference that this is done after a boost, when, you press jump just when you touch floor you start jumping like boost, an the only things that stops you is some wall (or getting killed, obviously...).

If this is about bunnyhoping, leave it, there's actually nothing wrong with it
If this is about Bouncing, ban that shit, and leave it to bt... nothing to do with siege and as shotman says, you got jetpack, trans, etc...

Chamberly
05-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Nothing wrong with bouncing in siege... take advantage of it to be able to get to destination faster. Otherwise, banning (or getting rid of) too many things end up going to ban many peoples and the population of UT99 players decrease. Tbh, I haven't played lately b/c it is kind of bored to just only have nuke and a few other things after getting rid of couple of things (without emp, etc.)...

But... if you just gonna get rid of bouncing, get rid of big maps then, no one want to spend 1-3 mins trying to get across a map and it end into overtime. So here ya go, my thought on this.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Tbh, I haven't played lately b/c it is kind of bored to just only have nuke and a few other things after getting rid of couple of things (without emp, etc.)...
emp wasn't that good... but is kinda true that only with some nukes you can end it :/ but you still need teamwork

But... if you just gonna get rid of bouncing, get rid of big maps then, no one want to spend 1-3 mins trying to get across a map and it end into overtime. So here ya go, my thought on this.
Hmm... you got a point...

Shotman
05-10-2013, 10:14 PM
did anyone read? You got booster, super boosters, speed, jetback, super jetback and translocators. If bouncing is banned, why would anyone be mad since you got plenty backups. Also Chamberly how would this reduce the population? We have already taken out EMP, neutrons, spysuit, Ns and motion alarm, yet i still the server populated. Also how come in nwCTF/ICTF is bannable and in siege it is not? They both will take advantage to get into someones base for free (I say free because of RU). Darren bunny hopping and bouncing are the SAME thing. The description you gave it is not bunny hopping.

|uK|Rays
05-10-2013, 10:17 PM
bouncing is in the same category at double gunning, it's a bug and shouldn't be allowed.

Chamberly
05-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Also Chamberly how would this reduce the population? We have already taken out EMP, neutrons, spysuit, Ns and motion alarm, yet i still the server populated.

When more things are taken out, more RU spending in order to make booster and stuff and this sometimes work wisely when it comes to spending RU wisely via teamwork. When someone have a plan... they want to use the RU and not having less plans to be able to get through something.

So if bouncing is removed... I can imagine some banned matches for calling out it isn't allowed in siege, etc. but it's a public server, it's where why people join to have fun using these things and not wasting creations sometimes?

--- Updated ---

bouncing is in the same category at double gunning, it's a bug and shouldn't be allowed.

I wonder how it was found to be called as a bug/glitch and how was it found in the 1st place?

SilverWing
05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Votes are in! Looks like Bunny Hopping is BANNED!

15-14

|uK|Rays
05-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't know about how it was found out but this isn't quake and it definitely wasn't intended. I agree that pubs are mainly for chaotic and fun matches but bug abuse is still bug abuse.

Higor
05-10-2013, 11:18 PM
My antibounce will never see the light of the day, just sayin

Novak
05-10-2013, 11:40 PM
OK so I need clarification from the author or affiliated uK member. I took bunnyhopping to mean bouncing. Are they the same thing, what Darren described or something completely different?

I know what bouncing is and that is what I was talking about in previous posts in this thread.

|uK|Rays
05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
They are one in the same, I don't know why Darren thought bunnyhopping meant spamming jump + rockets, that's called being a scrub and doesn't deserve a special title.

This thread is about the engine bug where you maintain your momentum after a boost.

Crsk
05-11-2013, 12:11 AM

release to the one night server then

ok i'm joking but why to build a mod and never release it?
i don't understand, not sure if you are bounce's friend or enemy... both? :indecisiveness:

Novak
05-11-2013, 12:30 AM
They are one in the same, I don't know why Darren thought bunnyhopping meant spamming jump + rockets, that's called being a scrub and doesn't deserve a special title.

Can I thank AND like this post? GG

Shotman
05-11-2013, 12:45 AM
what is darren tyring to describe is rocket jumping

Rocket jumping - Using momentum gained from splash weapons

Movement Speed Bugs: These usually allow the player to move faster than intended, such as bunny hopping. Many of these have been embraced by certain games, such as skiing in the Tribes series.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-11-2013, 12:57 AM
There's a server where they ban ppl for jumping with rockets, and they call it ''bunnyhopping', that's why I thought jump + rockets was bunnyhoping :P

Chamberly
05-11-2013, 01:45 AM

That will totally sucks. :(

.seVered.][
05-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Bouncing on the Siege Server is a 'SKILL" just like boosting players with rockets; using the PistonHammer to increase your manly jump heights; shooting at builds with your right foot planet firmly to maximize damage; and attacking a supermine until it is at the right health so you can charge into it to destroy it.

These "Skills" are aquired by experience and good observation skills for most players. If we start calling these things "exploits" or 'bugs' then what part of the game will there be left

...to call a game.

Ensure the future of your entertainment and gaming rights; and vote NO!

Moskva
05-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Maybe we will need the antibounce Higor

DANGERBOY
05-11-2013, 03:39 AM
a lots of guys vote with yes who is not really play UT anymore....lets check the players who is play like 2times/week.....

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
05-11-2013, 06:50 AM
[;57450']Bouncing on the Siege Server is a 'SKILL" just like boosting players with rockets; using the PistonHammer to increase your manly jump heights; shooting at builds with your right foot planet firmly to maximize damage; and attacking a supermine until it is at the right health so you can charge into it to destroy it.

These "Skills" are aquired by experience and good observation skills for most players. If we start calling these things "exploits" or 'bugs' then what part of the game will there be left

...to call a game.

I disagree, bouncing is not a skill intended in the game, im pretty sure when Tim Sweeney created the Uengine he didnt put bouncing down as a skill or even realise players could bounce seeing as all the other player movements have a certain amount of realism to them, piston jumping is what the weapon can do to reach ledges, thats how it was intended, boosting with rockets is simply the kickback properties of the explosion, after all, you cant have an explosion with no kick, so players can take advantage of team protection and the kick, thats also not a glitch.

if bouncing was not a glitch then everyone would be able to do it easily, that is not the case with bouncing, it is blatant abuse of yet another UT coding fault, by bouncing you can travel at the Uengines velocity limit, you travel over twice as fast as Speed item and are almost impossible to hit unless the player is bouncing head on towards you.

ps: it doesnt take skill to bounce, unless you class rolling the mouse wheel "skill"

|uK|kenneth
05-11-2013, 07:01 AM
well i would like to see you bouncing all the way to the flags on slidebitch im pretty sure you wouldnt even make it to there you have to time it.

Banny
05-11-2013, 07:21 AM
why are you involving BT in a siege discussion? Both have different perspectives. In BT you can go to any extent for breaking a rec

~~D4RR3N~~
05-11-2013, 07:40 AM
[;57450]Bouncing on the Siege Server is a 'SKILL" just like boosting players with rockets; using the PistonHammer to increase your manly jump heights; shooting at builds with your right foot planet firmly to maximize damage; and attacking a supermine until it is at the right health so you can charge into it to destroy it.

...to call a game.

the cat has spoken...

|uK|kenneth
05-11-2013, 08:17 AM
why are you involving BT in a siege discussion? Both have different perspectives. In BT you can go to any extent for breaking a rec

im not im just trying to say that it isnt that easy as it looks like.

Novak
05-11-2013, 10:05 AM
[;57450']Bouncing on the Siege Server is a 'SKILL" just like boosting players with rockets; using the PistonHammer to increase your manly jump heights; shooting at builds with your right foot planet firmly to maximize damage; and attacking a supermine until it is at the right health so you can charge into it to destroy it.[/SIZE]

I'm glad at least one of the No voters was up to the challenge to offer further explanation.

Still, a ridiulous comparison with skillful tactics like rocket boosting, piston hammer, leeching and killing sm. All being common, useful tactics that you see used in advanced ways. Calling something a 'skill' is a matter of judgment, but I would lean towards the uK judgment since they don't allow it in pugs. Kind of tells you there must be something glitchy about it.

With less pugs going, certain efforts appear to be made to make public less clownish. Removing bunnyhopping will have virtually no effect on game play other than bunnyhoppers getting to the core with less frequency. :miserable:

Cella
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
If glitches like bouncing aren't allowed, oh please tell me how a mapglitch on bathrooms with the booster is allowed in public. Just doesn't make sense as usual.

Shotman
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
calling bouncing a "skill" is just ridiculous especially when you compare it to leeching and piston jumping.

Novak
05-11-2013, 01:28 PM
If glitches like bouncing aren't allowed, oh please tell me how a mapglitch on bathrooms with the booster is allowed in public. Just doesn't make sense as usual.

Finally, someone making sense. Mr Cella trans through the toilet. :)

Some glitches are ok while others aren't? Command-4 has tele through glass glitch between blue and yellow bases also.

Shotman
05-11-2013, 02:55 PM
some glitches are fixable via UnrealEd. Making two different glass or making it much thicker. Also goes with making tele through solids.

.seVered.][
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
calling bouncing a "skill" is just ridiculous especially when you compare it to leeching and piston jumping.

Ah, damn... I can't get anything past you guys ....*wink ... OF COURSE is a glitch ... but a bannable glitch? or PROHIBIT it... I agree with HIGOR ... you just be HATE'N because your JEALOUS that you can't DO IT!

I REJECT YOUR REALITY and SUBSTITUTE MY OWN!

Chamberly
05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Well I'm interested to know about the history of how Bouncing become found, same with double gunning... and a question is... when UT99 was made or any previous Unreal series... was the mouse wheel involved in the making?

So if it can take a continuing bouncing effect using mouse wheel (I'm skipping the space bar part), does it make the bullet faster or does it fire more bullets too (instead of the regular fire rate?) I would probably doubt by any of the causes but I haven't tried it either.

I'm determined to figure out where it came from, was it made on purpose or found later. Because double gunning can be done without mouse wheel, so bouncing probably founded later?

Where there any bouncing competition? BT? If so, a lot of peoples participated? Most flag cap or fastest flag cap... it take to win the competition sometimes using bounce in BT.

So it can do help in siege, being able to bounce across the map awhile the other team have a bouncer as well, and reach to the core and destroy it, matter of timing and killing the core off (which will do the winning?)...
but if you have team that have a bouncer then the other don't... the bouncer can possibly end the game sooner. (Guessing this is why some peoples ask how to do it or complain about it because they lost by whatever reason. Team work matter isn't it?)

I know this might be off... but raising the discussion.

About MLSG, PUG, etc. for siege, there is a practice server under those settings, but why isn't anyone playing on that then? Most of them seem to be on public anyway.

Shotman
05-11-2013, 04:44 PM
[;57499']Ah, damn... I can't get anything past you guys ....*wink ... OF COURSE is a glitch ... but a bannable glitch? or PROHIBIT it... I agree with HIGOR ... you just be HATE'N because your JEALOUS that you can't DO IT!

I REJECT YOUR WEAK AND WHINEY REALITY and SUBSTITUTE MY OWE!

If you keep it on then don't make it bannable in CTF. So many glitches are illegal why not this, your arguement is just so invalid of you can't do it. Please just stop because you sound stupid and ignorant. Anyone can do it, its just the abuse just like the mines. Most mod this is a bannable and in other games also. Most games have fixed this problem and i believe UT 2004 fixed it so it won't happen again.

Also anyone to mention BT and "You want it ban b/c can't do it" are just childish excuses to keep it. The only vaild points in this thread are Cella'd and severed 1st couple sentences in his first post. Other than i haven't seen any real good valid points at all.

Crsk
05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Let me tell you a story.

was almost two years ago... a BT player called 'whatever' didn't know how to bounce, one day someone taught to him how to bounce "hey you, use the mousewheel to jump and bounce" and yeah, 'whatever' discovered a new world!

The map was SlideBitch (the actual world record is '21,something'), his first try was '22,something' his second cap was something similar, his third try (in the same moment when he learn how to bounce) was a good cap time too! the guy in question is a pro at bouncing? seems to, because he almost can't fail at bouncing, but how? if he just learn to bounce! when he was born God give to him the bouncing skill?

Here is the record he did in the moment he learn how to bounce

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a596/Crssk/Shot0052_zps066c49fe.png

ss taken today, you can see the record in the FH's BT server (now =(V)='s server)
guess it is a good rec to a bounce's learner with 220 ping

but wait a minute, the story does not end here...

some weeks after that, he lost the bounce's hability (the guy is curious and always is modifying every configuration possible)... he was testing different video renderers getting different results at the bounce moment, he tried many different configurations getting sometimes different results making bounce jumps easier or harder to do!

that's way he learn why the bounce thing isn't skill related.
and he thinks there are some not qualified computers to make bounces.

^ There's my why the bounce thing shouldn't be allowed in most of non bt servers.

also i think the mousewheel bounce is like a macro key to make quick dodges.
is legit for some people since all of players have or have easy access to a mouse with the wheel.
is controvertial for some others since looks lame abusing of this.

if you don't know the mentioned map to bounce, here is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET0tj_i90Jo

and yeah, 'whatever' is me :p

|uK|kenneth
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
lol this is the worldrecod Bunny-Track Records - i4Games (http://www.i4games.eu/btrecords.php?map=CTF-BT-SlideBitch-v2_dbl)

Crsk
05-11-2013, 08:14 PM
lol this is the worldrecod Bunny-Track Records - i4Games

world record= 21.82 seconds according i4g
world record= 21.67 seconds according the video

I don't know who has the world record, that's why i said "the actual world record is 21,something" also i dont care if it is .82 or .67, my point is about the skill level needed to bounce, maybe a noob player can bounce very well when a pro player can't.

and remember i4g records are from i4g servers only, which has most of the world records but not necessarily they are there.

|uK|kenneth
05-11-2013, 08:24 PM
world record= 21.82 seconds according i4g
world record= 21.67 seconds according the video

I dont care who is right, my point is about the skill level needed to bounce, maybe noobs can bounce very well when pro players can't.

and remember i4g records are from i4g servers only, which has most of the world records but not necessarily they are there.

as long as its not on i4g servers the rec could be cheated who knows.

Crsk
05-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Also i want to add a little detail.
since apparently we all can bounce easily a few times holding the walk button (no hardware exception by that way), i think bounce one or max two times at the same round should be allowed, like bounce in simplex or piston bounce in face (when you use the Impact Hammer to boost yourself, then you bounce to the entry of the enemy base).

I voted "yes, ban" but what i really want is what i said above and maybe since the votes are almost 50/50 it is a good choice.

Moko
05-11-2013, 10:04 PM
What again really

Just shush and play you're starting to sound like a communist country with all the rules and people can't even keep track of them anymore- sup spam anytime it's ban- do it often ban- once a life else ban - REALLY MAKE UP YOUR MINDS IT'S GETTING TO THE POINT PLAYING IS A CHORE AND MISRABLE. Bouncing... it's pressing space bar fast if you got a problem get over it. People who frag better are annoying too but they practiced to get there and have a right to pop our heads off. Same for bouncing, granted BT players know it better but... okay so bt players aren't allowed to do a skill they know because others don't know it? They can learn, if they don't want to it's their problem. Same for combos, teles, and nuking, it's all a skill they have to learn, and if it's called "so easy" then DO IT TOO OR GET OVER IT! I personally find the no racism rule great yet the entire clan jokes about races like it's nothing so really if you wanna crack down on something crack down on that and leave the little bunnies and froggies alone. -.-

|uK|Rays
05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes really.

Combos, headshots, and proper building is not considered bug abuse and is an intended part of the game that takes time and effort to get good at, bouncing is not remotely close, get over it.

Shotman
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Playing in public is not a place where you can do whatever you like there are limits and rules you have to follow. In pugs, the limits and rules are more stricter and gets a much harsher punishment then in public. Don't say its a communist country, how is it communist? Players get to appeal, players can get their opinions out there, players have the right to vote their maps, ect. So wheres the communist in that?

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-12-2013, 01:16 PM
its a bug your arguing about, a game engine BUG that wasnt seen by epic games, it is the same with multigunning.

we have plenty of items and buildings to get to bases "quicker"

this is outright cheap use of a bug to your own advantage, stop being selfish about it, it makes sense to block it

Chamberly
05-12-2013, 01:52 PM
multigunning.

I don't think I've ever seen a multigun. Double gun I've seen... O.O

SAM
05-12-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a multigun. Double gun I've seen... O.O

You miss the early days of siege? People would quadruple, penta gun lol

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-12-2013, 02:03 PM
lets not bring league into this lmao

Chamberly
05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
You miss the early days of siege? People would quadruple, penta gun lol

Totally, I think I started playing late (late 2012) so there would've been no way I've seen it. LOL!!!!!

penta gun? HAHAHAAH xD

Banny
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Pulse, minigun, ripper, bio , flak.. yeh penta gun

OuTlaW
05-12-2013, 03:41 PM
This poll is pointless...

audiosonic
05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Bouncing is true skill, all these noobsuckers that voted yes have no skills in UT99 the game.

|uK|Rays
05-13-2013, 08:34 PM
ty

Crsk
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Bouncing is true skill, all these noobsuckers that voted yes have no skills in UT99 the game.

correct, skill is needed but let's dig a little deeper into the subject!

To bounce, the engine needs to find a jump call at some exact instance before/when the player touch the floor so if you have something like a key that makes 10 calls per second you don't need to calculate the instance anymore so you have like 10/10 chances to bounce properly (in walk mode).

That way when you use the mouse wheel to bounce, the wheel is doing the job for you, as i said before, using the mouse wheel to bounce is like a macro key or dodgebot doing the job for you... doing the needed skill job.

Hey, hey, wait... there is an exception with the piston bounce, there you need motor skill (ya, the skill that every human loses in the past of time) since the player need to:

1- Charge piston
2- Jump
3- Almost right then, release the compressed air in the piston pointing at the floor or a closer wall to boost purposes.
4- Jump again to make little bounces (little because the lack of momentum in almost flat areas).

... not a big deal at all but still needing some skill.

In fact, to bounce you need skill, to bounce with the mouse wheel you need the basic common skill as the skill to move the mouse and push some buttons.

allowing a max of 2 bounces per round would be nice in my opinion.

Crsk
05-13-2013, 10:19 PM
i forgot a step between 3 and 4 "turn the view like 90 degrees"

ops... double post

|uK|Rays
05-13-2013, 10:33 PM
10/10 breh

Crsk
05-13-2013, 10:53 PM
10/10 breh

- like (10/10) is the probability in walk mode.
- in no walk mode, depends in your system configuration and maybe also in your hardware specification so it variates between (1/10 - 9/10)

(1/10 - 9/10) ?? here's my razon in why it should be prohibited (in most, for the hardware thing. if you didn't read my previous posts) but in the other hand i like to bounce at some point, i think it's a glitch but i'm sure we can take advantage of it ONLY IF NOT ABUSED.

// EDIT

|uK|chiseller favor cerrar el piscina, ser empate (igual).

eh que español es ese xD pero supongo que se entiende al traducir

Higor
05-13-2013, 11:28 PM
I knew that chaining 3 piston bounces on Baths and Clarion would make some ppl rage.

My point still stands tho... Ppl like Osy or Convict easily shit on bouncers, since the air control isn't that much, it really isn't that difficult to hit one.

|uK|Chronox
05-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Shittest point you people could make... skill ?

You have never seen me bunny hoppin on Crossfire (almost same as bunny hoping on UT). It is also a bug, but it is a bug which the GMs over there allowed in all the game version.

Here ? it is just in a server, and find it annoying, I never do stuff that make me get advantage towards others, even if it takes skill. 80% of the players dont even know what is bhop or how to do it.

To everyone... Just vote, shut up and wait for the results.

PD: I was kinda angry before posting this lol.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-15-2013, 06:45 AM
// EDIT

|uK|chiseller favor cerrar el piscina, ser empate (igual).

eh que español es ese xD pero supongo que se entiende al traducir
hahah watafail xD crsk, it says POLL, not POOL xD (poll = encuesta)

|uK|Altered_Ego
05-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Double-gunning is for homos who like DP in the ass!

`JaSs^uK
05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
it is annoying.

utbusta
05-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I've done it a few times just to see if I could. Yes I did successfully. Having said that it also means it takes no real skill if I can do it. Nuff Said!

Chamberly
05-15-2013, 08:58 PM
I heard there is an anti-multigun mod out there somewhere. o.o was there any for anti-bouncing as well? lol...

Higor
05-15-2013, 11:02 PM
was there any for anti-bouncing as well? lol...
Actually, the only mod for ever made for that is sitting on my hard drive.

|uK|kenneth
05-16-2013, 05:50 AM
I've done it a few times just to see if I could. Yes I did successfully. Having said that it also means it takes no real skill if I can do it. Nuff Said!

use super booster and try to piston bounce

kthxbye

DANGERBOY
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
MADE :P