PDA

View Full Version : Siege Server Rules Comments

[R]^Osyris
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
why dont explain about !stats??? some players dont know what is that

Moskva
02-22-2012, 12:06 AM
!stats is a command in the server that shows the strength of both teams, so it would be good to check it in case you want to help out a team

Gravity
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
*Only apply to people who read this forums, use TS, or known in the Siege Community.

I Dont Read This Forums, I Dont Use TS And Nobody Knows Me.
Yay! Don't Apply For Me :D

|uK|MiniWick
02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I remember once apon a time , where evening out the teams was just fair gaming and makes a Fun match that isn't easy..God I miss Binslayer .

Scourge
03-22-2012, 12:52 AM
1) No Camping

4) Do not stack teams – Check !stats to see what team needs help*
http://www.hkim.com/Portfolio/People/28CT1349/1079715126_AAcVH-S-1.jpg

Both of these rules are broken every single day on the reg. The godawful team balancer does not help. Please start enforcing them or make them not rules.

By the way, I think the other rules should be added to post #1 that aren't included here:
1. No piston camping
2. No engine exploits (multigunning, pulsing through walls, rocket cannon through walls)
3. Don't super mine spawn points.
4. No racism, even against Mexicans
5. No spamming or being an annoying bitch (retroactively applied, I think this earns me a three-year ban)

On the subject of rocket cannons through walls, doesn't this sort of also invalidate teleports through walls and floors, which are essential to nuke rooms?

|uK|Shiva
03-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks like a good set of rules. SW should add some of what Scourge said.

SilverWing
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Done

|uK|Rays
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
gg half the people that play pub

SAM
03-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Well "half the people" never behaved this way in the early days. The server was still as active back then as now. It's about striking a balance on fair punishment.

|uK|Rays
03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I just feel like some of these rules are results of us giving into the never ending crying and bitching. No laming? What are we considering laming? Cause if it's stupid stuff like "backshooting" or "sup spam" then you really will be banning 50% of the people who play, people will not stop doing things that get them kills.

Scourge
03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Is sunken super container considered an exploit? Back before we had this discussion I found that it had some really cool tactical uses, not the least of which was supporting a tele in the enemy base in blackriver.

|uK|Rays
03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
the grey areas are already coming in.

audiosonic
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Super containers need to go back to what they were, so what if it doesn't completely cover the entrance? Back in the day people used to make 4 containers to block the core in clarion and that was considered a good move, so why not now?

|uK|fleecey
03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I just feel like some of these rules are results of us giving into the never ending crying and bitching. No laming? What are we considering laming? Cause if it's stupid stuff like "backshooting" or "sup spam" then you really will be banning 50% of the people who play, people will not stop doing things that get them kills.

I kind of agree with what Rays says here.
What is laming exactly? Sup spamming shouldn't be against the rules IMO. It's part of the game to do that.

Also, if we remove the exploit things, as scourge said.. making teles through walls is not allowed anymore. Like in simplex? Right?

Neff
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Super containers need to go back to what they were, so what if it doesn't completely cover the entrance? Back in the day people used to make 4 containers to block the core in clarion and that was considered a good move, so why not now?

I personally liked playing siege like that as people spent more time attacking and getting ru than defending, with hidden super containers not giving ru and ones showing not giving much more players resort to defending and even camping.

In the past more people attacked and fought in the center whereas now more wait behind sp's to pick attackers off.

Scourge
03-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Hidden super containers do give RU. As far as I know, only rippers and flak will damage them significantly. Everything works when EMP or flame exposes them.

Merciless
03-28-2012, 04:46 AM
I kind of agree with what Rays says here.
What is laming exactly? Sup spamming shouldn't be against the rules IMO. It's part of the game to do that.

Also, if we remove the exploit things, as scourge said.. making teles through walls is not allowed anymore. Like in simplex? Right?

Even though sup spamming is still a grey area, ppl should have the common sense not to do it. Especially when ure already busy trying to savor the few ammo u can get cuz of sup hogging idiots before u get sup spammed to death. And even though most of the time some boosting out of the sup might do well enough, proposing a ban for sup boosting will not really benefit the cause im afraid.

|uK|fleecey
03-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Even though sup spamming is still a grey area, ppl should have the common sense not to do it. Especially when ure already busy trying to savor the few ammo u can get cuz of sup hogging idiots before u get sup spammed to death. And even though most of the time some boosting out of the sup might do well enough, proposing a ban for sup boosting will not really benefit the cause im afraid.

I know what you are saying, but if sup spamming is against the rules in the future, they should make a rule saying "nuking the supplier" is not allowed. Since there is a few people who do that too.

HIGH+CAMILO
03-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Spamming suplier = lose health or something

terminator
03-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Spamming supplier should mean, repetitive spamming. Because in maps like camplex , bluevember.. whenever i'm passing by i always drop rockets on supplier, out of simple reason.. giving myself more time to hit the core until enemy comes back to get ammo.
Perhaps another reason where it should be allowed is when trying to cover your teammate while killing the core. But if people are constantly spamming it, without any purpose of winning, but humiliating enemy team, then it totally deserves a ban.

Merciless
03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Spamming supplier should mean, repetitive spamming. Because in maps like camplex , bluevember.. whenever i'm passing by i always drop rockets on supplier, out of simple reason.. giving myself more time to hit the core until enemy comes back to get ammo.
Perhaps another reason where it should be allowed is when trying to cover your teammate while killing the core. But if people are constantly spamming it, without any purpose of winning, but humiliating enemy team, then it totally deserves a ban.

That's the definition of sup spamming for me too. But some morons seem to get away with the latter, so they never learn not to do it.

Scourge
03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd like to clear up what's against the rules and what's not as far as building through walls. $carface mentioned that pulsing through walls is illegal in another thread (which has been added to 1st post), but I'd like to know where SW/uK stand on glitched scs, teles and other buildings through walls, and explosives through walls.

SilverWing
03-29-2012, 12:29 AM
its kind of pointless of the glitched sc... teles and other buildings through walls is allowed... its been allowed for so long... no point in changing it... and trust me at some points its useful and needed

|uK|Rays
03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Maps have something to do with that through the wall stuff too, since stuff can only be built through maps with thin walls in them. Some of it is there on purpose, some of it isn't, but it doesn't bug me that much. The glitched SC's are pretty obnoxious, that and telefragging buildings would be nice to get rid of.

HIGH+CAMILO
03-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Imagine no nuke room on orbital!!

|uK|kenneth
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
its kind of pointless of the glitched sc... teles and other buildings through walls is allowed... its been allowed for so long... no point in changing it... and trust me at some points its useful and needed

idd in some maps you need to make tele true the glass or wall to get the nuke room so

Neff
05-01-2012, 08:28 PM
* Why leave the ablility to remove SC's if you're not allowed to do so.

_Leo_
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Team switching is not allowed. But I'm really tired of playing 80% of a game in a team, and being balanced to the other team when the play is about to finish. If team switching is not allowed, then remove the balancer. If a team is losing, let the game end for god's sake.

utbusta
05-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Amen Brother! The good old days, shit just ain't like that anymore :)

I remember once apon a time , where evening out the teams was just fair gaming and makes a Fun match that isn't easy..God I miss Binslayer .

utbusta
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't always understand this, why do you need a nuke room? Is it because of the type of nuke you are making?
idd in some maps you need to make tele true the glass or wall to get the nuke room so

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
"nuking the supplier" is not allowed.
sup spam fleece, a play who kill every in sup is not spammer, but that player who shoot the sup, hide, shot the sup, hide, shot the sup... it is sup spam lol
and should be on rules

|uK|fleecey
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
*Open this thread*

Can someone please put the rules back on the server?

SAM
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I will do this tomorrow please remind me though.

|uK|fleecey
09-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I will do this tomorrow please remind me though.

Reminding you! :D

.seVered.][
10-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Reminding you! :D

Unlocked, and 'updated', now what was it your were reminding?

|uK|fleecey
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
[;42768']Unlocked, and 'updated', now what was it your were reminding?

It's already fixed.

Higor
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Supermining spawnpoints is not possible as of RC15, yesterday in niven someone was complaining that he couldn't build mines...
Well, he was trying to make them on the enemy spawnpoints lol.

SilverWing
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Dammmm editing my post without asking me first. Ban this bitch!!!!

.seVered.][
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM

You were, unavailable for comment, and I asked SAM. Who says you make the rules either?

EDIT: How's your empire coming in League of Legends... quite well, I'm sure... since your so dedicated to it.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM

stop shit stirring.

SilverWing
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
[;44124']You were, unavailable for comment, and I asked SAM. Who says you make the rules either?

EDIT: How's your empire coming in League of Legends... quite well, I'm sure... since your so dedicated to it.

Empire? What are you talking about?

Dedicated? I only play for fun, im more dedicated to MLSG more then anything.

Who says I make the rules? WTF? Are you fucken serious? Rules were posted by me after I collected enough information on what type of rules should be on the server. Do you really think I care if you changed it, i was just joking around. But who gives a shit about rules when Severed is here to make shit up and give out unwanted bans.

.seVered.][
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Empire? What are you talking about?

Dedicated? I only play for fun, im more dedicated to MLSG more then anything.

Who says I make the rules? WTF? Are you fucken serious? Rules were posted by me after I collected enough information on what type of rules should be on the server. Do you really think I care if you changed it, i was just joking around. But who gives a shit about rules when Severed is here to make shit up and give out unwanted bans.

ALL bans are unwanted, and I don't make shit up. Clearly you not joking and you are upset. Maybe you should just step back and take a break... now YOUR making shit up.

SAM
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Boys, boys. Learn to ascertain a joke.

SilverWing
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
[;44151']ALL bans are unwanted, and I don't make shit up. Clearly you not joking and you are upset. Maybe you should just step back and take a break... now YOUR making shit up.

How am I upset about you editing my post? Step back from what? Making what up?

I have seen more complaints about you then how many short jokes people make on Blaze.

--- Updated ---

Boys, boys. Learn to ascertain a joke.

Add this to the Rules

"-Do not joke around old people (10/25/50/Perma)"

BTW thats a joke

SAM
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
SW what's the issue? If you don't like you rule change or whatever you can just speak up and we will listen and consider. You should know this.

SilverWing
11-09-2012, 09:05 PM
SW what's the issue? If you don't like you rule change or whatever you can just speak up and we will listen and consider. You should know this.

No issue =\. But if your going to change/add something, you should do a vote/discuss like we always have.

SAM
11-09-2012, 09:14 PM
In all fairness, sev asked me if it was ok and I didn't think the changes were anything major so I said it was ok and that if there was an issue people could discuss, like we have. Stop being a hormonal female about it! If anything it was my fault.

SilverWing
11-09-2012, 09:16 PM
LOL im not.

.seVered.][
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM
How am I upset about you editing my post? Step back from what? Making what up?

I have seen more complaints about you then how many short jokes people make on Blaze

LOL, that's a good one.. but simply not true. There are FAR more jokes about blaze... :)
:wink:

|uK|fleecey
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM
-No Leech Games w/ over 6 players -Unless majority agree to continue
-You may end a Leech Game with over 6 players -Unless majority agree to continue
-Do not destroy Leeches or end a leech game -unless the match is in OVERTIME
-Do not EMP/Neutron -unless other team agrees to continue

This is an horrible idea, we were playing leech now and more then 6 players.. its an dead game already even though half wanna play.. this is not going to work.
everyone was keep asking questions what to do, i pause the game (apperently admin abuse according to "FO") to ask since someone pm me for help.. unpause it, cuz no one cared and whatever.. this rules need to be changed lol

This rules not going to work like this..

!DEAD
11-12-2012, 10:39 AM
translate korean plz

|uK|fleecey
11-12-2012, 10:42 AM
translate korean plz

lol

!DEAD
11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
bitch plz lol

- 아니 거머리 게임 w / 6 이상 플레이어 -하지만 대부분은 계속 동의
- 당신이 6 이상 플레이어 -하지만 대부분이 거머리 게임을 종료 할 수 있습니다하는 것은 계속하는 데 동의합니다
-DO 일치 초과 근무에하지 않는 게임 거머리를 파괴하거나 거머리 끝나지
-DO EMP / 뉴트론하지 않는 다른 팀은 계속 동의하지

이 끔찍한 생각입니다, 우리는 이상의 여섯 플레이어를 지금 거머리 연주하고 있었다 .. 그 죽은 게임은 벌써 반 놀아보고 싶어하더라도 .. 이 작동하지 않을 수 있습니다.
모두가 할 일 질문을 계속했다, 내가 도움을 누군가가 오후 나부터 물어 게임을 ( "FO"에 따라 apperently 관리자 남용) 일시 중지 ... 그것을 일시 중지를 해제, 너랑 아무도 신경 쓰지 않고 뭐든지간에 .. 이 규칙은 롤 변경해야

이렇게 일을하지 않을이 규칙 ...

SAM
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Don't post in korean or chinese or we will have all the damn Asian spammers here and I'll have to do lost of work.

.seVered.][
11-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Don't post in korean or chinese or we will have all the damn Asian spammers here and I'll have to do lost of work.

TOO LATE, GoogleBOT found it, OMG... HERE THEY COME..... Ahhhhh hhhhh hhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh

|uK|Grimreaper
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Everyone take cover!!!

SilverWing
05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
-No Map Exploits (Advantages that apply to only one team) (50/100/200 matches)

This rule, does it also apply to bathroom where you can take over the Nuke Room on Red side?

P.S I didn't add that rule, Severed did.

Shotman
05-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Im not sure but i think it only works for one side. Also frog hopping is just so dam annoying now especially when a person lags.

|uK|Chronox
05-09-2013, 12:42 AM
What ? do they still allo bunny ho ?

Its a game engine bug, kick people for it please ! :3

Higor
05-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Also frog hopping is just so dam annoying now especially when a person lags.

They see me hoppin' they hatin'
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/svg/troll-troll-dad-dance-jump.svg

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2013, 03:12 AM
What ? do they still allo bunny ho ?

Its a game engine bug, kick people for it please ! :3

read the rules please its only bannable on the pug server or MLSG. you're still allowed to bunny hop in the public server.

|uK|Chronox
05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Its on my own rule list. Abusing an engine bug is still abusing it :P

Avoid doing it when I play , lol.

|uK|fleecey
05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Its on my own rule list. Abusing an engine bug is still abusing it :P

Avoid doing it when I play , lol.

You can't kick people if they are doing it on public, either you like it or not..

.seVered.][
05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
read the rules please its only bannable on the pug server or MLSG. you're still allowed to bunny hop in the public server.

I thought bouncing was a feature of the engine, not a bug. Pressing walk and jump when you land makes you bounce. How is that an engine bug?

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2013, 11:04 AM
[;57278']I thought bouncing was a feature of the engine, not a bug. Pressing walk and jump when you land makes you bounce. How is that an engine bug?

I'm not calling it a bug the others are i dont even know why its banned... maybe because its hard to hit who knows.

.seVered.][
05-09-2013, 11:54 AM
As far as I know, Bouncing is allowed on the public server. Correct me if I'm wrong ...please.

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
you're right.

Crsk
05-09-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought bouncing was a feature of the engine, not a bug. Pressing walk and jump when you land makes you bounce. How is that an engine bug?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug or at least the bounce feature is bugged since you can't bounce at all if you haven't the correct hardware/configuration.

That's why some noobs are too good at bouncing and some others just can make 2 or 3 bounces even ussing walk (using walk is easyer but slower).

I think multiple bounces shouldn't be allowed but i see no problem at bouncing once, since (I guess... I'm pretty sure) all hardwares/configurations can do that and is not so lame like go base-base in the big civil war version (in this version you can go to the middle using B+SB lvl 5).

:lemo:

Higor
05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Ppl talks about bouncing as a holy grail that helps the biggest of noobs to achieve god status.
Lol

Try hopping near Convict, Osyris, Street, SW... etc.

Chamberly
05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
[;57278]I thought bouncing was a feature of the engine, not a bug. Pressing walk and jump when you land makes you bounce. How is that an engine bug?

You don't have to hold walk and jump to make the bounce. But... if you can bounce b/c of the mouse wheel scroll, would a sniper rifle shoot bullet at a faster rate than usual (or fire rate, instead of waiting like 1 sec, it can shoot every 55 sec?) (I never tried this but I doubt it.)

If I'm not sure... back when UT99 was created there was no mouse wheel?

.seVered.][
05-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Post any discussion you would like to have regarding the Rules for the Siege Server.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-12-2013, 01:39 PM
when you see blaze dont chase him

thanksbye