PDA

View Full Version : Siege Source

badger
05-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi all,

Since Siege has developed significantly since I stopped writing it I felt it would be good to share the source I spent so many hundreds of hours over :) Perhaps it will spur others on to author mods and mutators or indeed start coding from scratch.

Enjoy!

SiegeXXL (http://heiland.co.uk/siege/download.html)

or

http://heiland.co.uk/siege/download/SiegeXXL2gSourceCode.zip

for the source itself.

Kind regards
nOs*Badger

SAM
05-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Hey badger!

Have you tried the knew version? Higor has spent a lot of time optimising things so there's not really much new apart from unlagged weapons and fixes but either way, a very good step forward :)

Crsk
05-19-2013, 09:46 AM
OMG I just now realized about the Ghost!!

//================================================== ===========================
// sgGhost
// nOs*Badger
//================================================== ===========================
class sgGhost extends TournamentPickup;

var int TimeCharge;

function PickupFunction(Pawn Other)
{
if (PlayerPawn(Other) == None)
return;
Other.SetCollision(false, false, false);
Other.bCollideWorld = false;
Other.Visibility = 20;
TimeCharge = 0;
SetTimer(1.0, True);
Other.GotoState('CheatFlying');
Other.ReducedDamageType = 'All';
}

function Timer()
{
Super.Timer();
TimeCharge++;
if (TimeCharge>Charge)
UsedUp();
}

function UsedUp()
{
Playerpawn(Owner).SetCollision(true, true, true);
Playerpawn(Owner).bCollideWorld = true;
Playerpawn(Owner).Visibility = 100;
Playerpawn(Owner).GotoState('PlayerWalking');
Playerpawn(Owner).ReducedDamageType = '';
Super.UsedUp();
}

defaultproperties
{
ExpireMessage="Ghost mode expired"
bActivatable=True
bAutoActivate=True
bDisplayableInv=True
PickupMessage="You are now a Ghost!"
RespawnTime=30.000000
PickupViewMesh=Mesh'Unrealshare.body1'
Charge=5
PickupSound=Sound'Unrealshare.Pickups.GenPickSnd'
ActivateSound=Sound'Botpack.Pickups.BootSnd'
Icon=Texture'UnrealI.Icons.I_Boots'
RemoteRole=ROLE_DumbProxy
Mesh=Mesh'Unrealshare.body1'
AmbientGlow=64
bMeshCurvy=False
CollisionRadius=22.000000
CollisionHeight=14.000000
MaxDesireability=0.5000
ItemName="Ghost"
}

btw nice to see you badger :kiwi-fruit:

|uK|kenneth
05-19-2013, 10:12 AM
the good old times

RIP SHRINKER!!!!!!

Banny
05-19-2013, 10:40 AM
yea that kennet hiding behind those boxes in the core ( blackriver) cute huh?

|uK|Chronox
05-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Midgets with a nuke...

High risk nuking with super invisibility and super jetpack on 5 Bridges...

Good old trainyard matches, awesome, good to see you Badger.

|uK|kenneth
05-19-2013, 11:54 AM
yea that kennet hiding behind those boxes in the core ( blackriver) cute huh?

oh ahahahah that was awesome dude fucking hilarious.

.seVered.][
05-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Indeed, Indeed. Siege has come along way... it's always good to stop and remember the past, sometimes it inspires new futures.

badger
05-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys.
Yes, there's a lot I like about the new Siege - took me some time getting used to it though :)
I join the UK server regularly as nOs*Badger - according to your logging of me though I'm a noob :) Mind you, I suck at Siege nowadays so it's a fairly accurate description :-D

Cheers
Badge

badger
05-19-2013, 12:36 PM
PS. I always liked the Shrinker myself, and having the alert sound "MIDGET WITH A NUKE!!!" (sgMidgetWarnMsg) always cracked me up :) Ever tried instanciating a sgItemVoiceBox.uc object? I added it for fun but never implemented as it was mostly harmless/pointless, but it is fun creating distracting sounds outside an enemy base, then shoot the other team up when they come out to discover what's making all that noise :)

Probably the most rewarding item to develop was the Teleporter as I had written the whole codebase and got it working on my local PC, only to remember Replication once I had it on a server - and it needed a re-write! I liked the end feature a lot though - and when combining with the Super Mine, changed how Face matches were played (mining the top of an enemy Face tower became so much fun!).

The most interesting was the RU Recovery feature, which saved a lot of games after disconnects.

The most under-used feature has got to be Seige Spectator Admin control by IP address (for Admins only) or TeleNetwork (which I still like).

Kind regards
Badge

Higor
05-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Most of the current Siege still has the old features, although disabled or unused.
I don't like deleting stuff, I even recovered a couple of old, deleted builds (ContainerX and SupplierX, i think those were in the very first version...).

.seVered.][
05-19-2013, 07:06 PM
The most under-used feature has got to be Siege Spectator Admin control by IP address (for Admins only) or TeleNetwork (which I still like).

Kind regards
Badge

Wait, what is the Siege Spectator Admin control?

I particularly like how the matching teleport shows if the other teleport is taking damage. The spinning feature is quite an improvement too. Spins if a matching teleport has been built, doesn't if it's destroyed or not built.

SAM
05-19-2013, 07:09 PM
The spec admin control prevents anyone spectating but white listed IP

badger
05-20-2013, 04:16 AM
While I added the idea of linked teleporters, the other taking 50% of the damage of the one getting hit, I can't take credit for the spinning feature if the other is dead. That was someone else's idea and quite a good one I think.

badger
05-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Did anyone see the Screen and Camera? They were also a little pointless but I liked the idea of being able to spy on your opponent's base without them knowing :)

Banny
05-20-2013, 05:38 AM
I loved that camera and screen.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
lmao the good old times of xxl siege.....

screen and camera was great specially when you could go to that point of the camera and enter the enemy base and rape everything

Banny
05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
since we don't have nuke siren it would be great to bring back Camera and screen.

.seVered.][
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
since we don't have nuke siren it would be great to bring back Camera and screen.

I don't see why the Nuke on the Back isn't re-instated. It does need to be scaled down so it's not so big on your back, but I think it would be a better to have that, than nothing at all.

SAM
05-20-2013, 01:27 PM
The radius on the siren is the bad part. If it was dynamic by map that would be great. For example on black river the radius should be of the base area only. And not to where you hear it going off as soon as someone picks it up.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
you dont need a nuke siren or a nuke on someones back to know they are nuking, most players behaviour changes completely when they are nuking. apart from when someone comes up against me, they run as if they've seen some sorta ghost or they just desperately need a shit

would be good to bring camera and screen back without the bug of teleporting to that cameras spot...

Higor
05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
most players behaviour changes completely when they are nuking

Which is why nobody sees my nuke coming on not-so open maps lel

|uK|chiseller
05-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Bring back killer protector!

Novak
05-21-2013, 11:57 PM
you dont need a nuke siren or a nuke on someones back to know they are nuking, most players behaviour changes completely when they are nuking. apart from when someone comes up against me, they run as if they've seen some sorta ghost or they just desperately need a shit

Quote of the day. Also a reason why many players won't pug: they will have to abandon their team to use the restroom, or worse...

Higor
05-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote of the day. Also a reason why many players won't pug: they will have to abandon their team to use the restroom, or worse...

C'mon!, I can make |uK|B|aZe// lose a pug... by putting him on my team.

Moskva
05-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Making Blaze lose a pug is not hard, making Blaze lose his head is even easier, thats why #bringbackthepugs

.seVered.][
05-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Making Blaze lose a pug is not hard, making Blaze lose his head is even easier, thats why #bringbackthepugs

LOL, my gosh...

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-22-2013, 11:44 AM
some fighting talk here, just wait, im getting new internet soon, I'll show you what time it is :D

and novak I meant literally taking a shit

roofles

badger
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
FYI, the ability for a player to teleport from screen to the camera wasn't a bug. It was a cheat that I added :) Yep!

Simply remove the below line from the AltFire function:

if (Category==6 && Selection==0) TeleCam(MyView.myCam);

function AltFire( float Value )
{
local sgCameraView MyView;

ClientSetBind();
MyView=CheckCamera();
if (MyView!=None) {
if (Category==6 && Selection==0) TeleCam(MyView.myCam); -- remove this
else MyView.ClientAltFire(); } -- and the else command
else
GotoState('ChangeMode');
}

If anyone wants the code for the Screen or Camera I'm happy to supply it for it to be re-added

Novak
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
and novak I meant literally taking a shit

Explaining jokes is always fun. Was trying not to be a potty mouth, but was saying many players are afraid to pug cuz blaze is in and they will shit their pants or have to go take a shit during the game. Who wants to do that anyway? It's called foresight. GG :shame: