PDA

View Full Version : Next Evolution

Novak
05-26-2013, 07:03 PM
I know we are all still reeling from the effects of removing bunnyhopping from siege, but I would like to introduce what I and probably others feel is a good next step for improving game play on uK public siege: a mine limit. Minespam (my coined term) is all too common and abused, especially with a lack of EMP. Yes, mines can be nuked but when we are talking 30-40+ mines there is really only so much that can be done. It removes the skill of game play and replaces it with auto-kills from mines. For example, when a player is entering base to nuke and is fortified with a shield belt, you can boost them into one of a few or several mines you made rather than making 20 and playing no D.

Proposed solution: set mine limit to something like 20-25 (which is still a lot for small maps like McSwartzly or Niven) and make them removable with asterisks.

Moskva
05-26-2013, 07:11 PM
When we took out the nuke siren, the EMP and the Neutron from the pugs and tournaments, we also had a mine limit in order to make a balance between attack & defense, I dont mind really, but that is how it was

Shotman
05-26-2013, 07:12 PM
i was thinking more of 25-30 mines or have each player a limit of 5-10 mines. Also maybe if a person that build so many mines leaves maybe their mines should get destroyed too. I was actually going to make a poll for this issue.

A^3
05-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Is it just me, but has it always been that a player with shielbelt can land on a mine and not die. I don't remember it being this way awhile ago. Notice it in the last few months. I hear my mine go off but still they nuke.

Higor
05-26-2013, 07:26 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/SPOK+.+sub+for+more+funny+pics+gifs_91e18f_4248194 .gif

Novak
05-26-2013, 07:54 PM
I was actually going to make a poll for this issue.

Do the poll. Can just switch this thread to the poll thread.

Is it just me, but has it always been that a player with shielbelt can land on a mine and not die. I don't remember it being this way awhile ago. Notice it in the last few months. I hear my mine go off but still they nuke.

A^3, the issue is how much the mine is upgraded. A 3.0 mine will do so much hit point (HP) damage. 2.0 mine works for under 150, I believe, or maybe under 250ish. But 300 HP (5.0 SH) needs to be 3.0 mine. However shieldbelt adds another 150 HP making 450 total HP with 150 health and 300 armor. When that hits a 3.0 mine, most health is lost. I forget how low it gets, let's say 20 health. That's why you see a lot more 4.0 mines now in key locations. I believe that final upgrade is 60 or 90 RU, so it makes for some expensive mines around base and all the more incentive to clear them for your nukers who use shieldbelt (450 HP). I don't know if shield belt + metal or rubber dies on a 4.0 mine; my guess is it does. Metal and rubber by themselves do not die on a 3.0 mine but go really low (maybe under 10 health). My guess is the only use currently for a 5.0 mine is if someone had mega health (400) + shieldbelt (300 armor), possibly with rubber or metal.

Many of these cases could be easily tested in a leech game.

A^3
05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Ty, I never knew that. I guess I'll make my 100 mines all level 5 now.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
05-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Mine spam games are really annoying, but add a mini limit by team is not a good solution... The problem are the mine spam players!
Some players uses almost 100% of ru only for make mines!

We should add a Mine value compensation for all players... if any player has 0 ~ 4 mines in the map, it costs 125... if him has 5 ~ 9 it is 250 and for more than 10 mines it should cost 375...

This is the best solution.

utbusta
05-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I tried to up mines to 6, it just didnt work. :hypnotysed:

Yes, I was kidding. Usually when I make a mine it is only between 1-4 mines.

Novak
05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
This thread is now moved to http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/mine-limit-3885/ and has a poll. Please continue the conversation there.