PDA

View Full Version : Metal + shieldbelt in pugs

|uK|Cube
06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Metal + shieldbelt needs to get disabled on pug.

Discuss.

Higor
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Shield Belt takes out 50% of the metal suit's durability.
That means, if a player loses shieldbelt and builds another one, the metal suit will expire.

It's something that's been throughly discussed earlier this year between a YES/NO, and the MAYBE solution won.

|uK|Cube
06-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Shield Belt takes out 50% of the metal suit's durability.
That means, if a player loses shieldbelt and builds another one, the metal suit will expire.

It's something that's been throughly discussed earlier this year between a YES/NO, and the MAYBE solution won.
Even if it's as you say as it is.
It is retarded in pugs.
for example:
Bathrooms, shieldbelt+metalsuit+defender = unkilable at long distance without dmg from sniper rifle.

.seVered.][
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Even if it's as you say as it is.
It is retarded in pugs.
for example:
Bathrooms, shieldbelt+metalsuit+defender = unkilable at long distance without dmg from sniper rifle.

Not unthinkable if you have FOV Zoom with the Shock (which is why I do, for THIS reason...)

Noob Crossing
06-02-2013, 03:03 AM
[;59250']Not unthinkable if you have FOV Zoom with the Shock (which is why I do, for THIS reason...)
is it a program...........

Moskva
06-02-2013, 03:06 AM
FOV is a setting in UT

Noob Crossing
06-02-2013, 03:11 AM
FOV is a setting in UT
how to set it can ya help me pls tty

|uK|kenneth
06-02-2013, 07:22 AM
type "!quit "

kthbye

DANGERBOY
06-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Tab, fov[number]
(your normal fov is 90)

|uK|Cube
06-02-2013, 08:06 AM
[;59250](which is why I do, for THIS reason...)
If i have to edit shit to play siege properly i'd rather not play at all.
I miss the siege days from years back when there was no BS like metalsuit.

~~D4RR3N~~
06-02-2013, 08:11 AM
This is what i did to get good zoom from fov like... 5 weeks ago?:
MiddleMouse=fov 45 | onrelease fov 80 (*or your peferred fov, I use 80)*
That way, whenever you press middle mouse (cuz that button is very close to firing buttons), it will zoom as long as you have it pressed, and when you release it, your view will come back as it was before

'Zac
06-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Tab, fov[number]
(your normal fov is 90)

normal fov for me is 100...

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 11:41 AM
type "!quit "
kthbye

LOLs

normal fov for me is 100...

Normal is a relative statement, however this is what is 'optimal', let's say for the middlemouse since it's been mentioned

set input middlemouse setdesiredfov 30| OnRelease setdesiredfov 90

or use an alias. I use the arrow keys to move so the key next to the control key (right side) is my preferred zoom button.

Aliases[33]=(Command="SetDesiredFOV 90|Set|Set Input Unknown5D bZoomIn",Alias=bZoomOut)
Aliases[34]=(Command="SetDesiredFOV 30|Set input Unknown5D bZoomOut",Alias=bZoomIn)

If i have to edit shit to play siege properly i'd rather not play at all.
I miss the siege days from years back when there was no BS like metalsuit.

Most people do fear change, but changing your behavior to avoid it isn't right either. I agree the old siege was quite different... Laggy, Unbalanced, Biased and FULL of hacks...

ya sure...let's go back.

However, we can play the old version with updated (streamlined) code if we put it on the mapvote. I think it's on the PUG servers mapvote already.

|uK|Cube
06-02-2013, 12:26 PM
[;59294]Most people do fear change, but changing your behavior to avoid it isn't right either. I agree the old siege was quite different... Laggy, Unbalanced, Biased and FULL of hacks...

ya sure...let's go back.

However, we can play the old version with updated (streamlined) code if we put it on the mapvote. I think it's on the PUG servers mapvote already.

I'm 101% positive you've got the wrong siege in mind.
I'm talking about siege XXL, not xtreme.
There's no lagg in XXL, no unbalance in XXL, no "hacks" in xxl.

|uK|chiseller
06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe changing your FOV multiple times is actually possible. I guess I am too used to Pure which prevents such little keybind hacks. SAM fix it ASAP

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Wow, I can't believe changing your FOV multiple times is actually possible. I guess I am too used to Pure which prevents such little keybind hacks. @SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1) fix it ASAP

Fix it? it's not broken.. try something new for a change...

I'm 101% positive you've got the wrong siege in mind.
I'm talking about siege XXL, not xtreme.
There's no lagg in XXL, no unbalance in XXL, no "hacks" in xxl.

I do apologize... I should have been more specific... INDEED... and I meant no disrespect ... XXL HAS none of these and we can play that version with the updated code also. SAM did you add those columns back to the new PUG server?

|uK|chiseller
06-02-2013, 01:03 PM
[;59299']Fix it? it's not broken.. try something new for a change...
New? It's an old hack widely used back in the days. There's a reason why its usage was disabled by an anti cheat software.

Shotman
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Yea i thought it was illegal too, a lot of people were ban from doing that.

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Yea i thought it was illegal too, a lot of people were ban from doing that.

Well, I disagree.. I think the FOV zoom should be allowed and more people should use it.

|uK|Cube
06-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Why not just give everyone a free aimbot while we're at it?

Chamberly
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
[;59313]Well, I disagree.. I think the FOV zoom should be allowed and more people should use it.

Basically, FOV zoom changes are part of the UT Engine... and not an extended things like aimbot cheat.
Everyone learn something everyday... especially something to can do for the game.

Otherwise... calling FOV zoom as hacks is kinda like calling making a Siege game type as a hack b/c it is modified with some codes to make the game... FOV don't even come close to that.

On topic--

Maybe how about instead of ban... just set the limitation on it. If you have metal, you can't use shieldbelt. If you have shieldbelt, you can't use metal (even after you make it or can't pick it up running across it as an example.)

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Why not just give everyone a free aimbot while we're at it?

How is FOV Zoom even CLOSE to an aim bot... NOT EVEN the same category ...all it does is reduce distance from far away objects.. doesn't CHANGE or automatically control anything...

Shotman
06-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Chamberly if you played UT in 2004 era then you would understand toggling your FOV back and forth was illegal.

|uK|chiseller
06-02-2013, 05:22 PM
It's a hack because it changes the way the weapon is supposed to function. If the shock rifle was meant to come with a zoom there would have been one. Obviously, some players enjoy the extra advantage over others with these little tricks, just like zp bugging - which also is a hack if done properly.
Anyway, once SAM fixes the compatibility with UTPure it will be gone for good.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Metal + belt system is perfect, if you loss your belt you loss half of metal suit health... but you need use 250 for each time that it happen (i never use belt with metal suit because not worth it!)

Novak
06-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Is abusing metal with shield belt common in pugs? I can't remember anyone in a pug combining shield belt with metal under the current setup just for fragging. Only in pub when peeps are screwing around does that combo really happen. A good fragger like Adrian won't waste their RU on belt in a pug since it weakens the strength of the metal suit. The point of having metal is to keep it and play a stronger positional game. Such a player will run back to base to the supplier to reset health and armor if necessary. Shield belt actually doesn't add anything other than higher armor and a glow to the player. A shield/metal player can still have armor left (still have the belt) while already having lost metal.

The real usefulness of the shield/metal combo is probably to be able to survive a direct hit on a 4.0 mine and probably a 5.0 mine if mega health were stacked on top of it.

Chamberly
06-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Chamberly if you played UT in 2004 era then you would understand toggling your FOV back and forth was illegal.

I've never played in 2004... I started playing this game late... so I missed like 90% of the actions. & I started playing around summer 2011. lol...

However I do have ut2k4 but I don't play it much b/c of steam and the ut2k4 settings basically turn down a lot of other sounds in my computer and Idk how to stop that... so I just go on and play invasion whenever I feel like it and not patches troubles... <noob at ut2k4 settings :P

Keith
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Thought allowed fov ranges were 80~130?

Shotman
06-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Thought allowed fov ranges were 80~130?

toggling back and forth is what we are talking about.

Keith
06-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I know. But if it's allowed you shouldn't go under 80. It does make every weapon have a zoom like sniper.

SilverWing
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Your not suppose to use anything below FOV 80 ... Why?... pretty much what chis said.

Shotman
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
so if severed still does it then it should be banned.

Chamberly
06-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Your not suppose to use anything below FOV 80 ... Why?... pretty much what chis said.

It's set within that range via UTPure... but since it is not set like it, it's free to be used.

Shotman crazy. a lot of peoples uses it.

Shotman
06-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Nobody uses FOV below 80 and chiss sums it up, its illegal.

Chamberly
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Nobody uses FOV below 80 and chiss sums it up, its illegal.

But this is for PUG discussion.

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
so if severed still does it then it should be banned.

LOL, wait ... your not serious are you?

correct for PUGs that's the rule...

Moskva
06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Correction: the discussion was metal + shieldbelt

ADD all over this thread

.seVered.][
06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Correction: the discussion was metal + shieldbelt

ADD all over this thread

Correction on your CORRECTION:

Thread: Metal + shieldbelt in pugs (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f26/metal-shieldbelt-pugs-3897/)

SilverWing
06-03-2013, 09:28 AM
It doesn't matter if it's allowed in public or in pugs. For sure its not allowed in pugs and you will be banned if your found doing it. For public, it's up to SAM to decide if its allowed or not.

My opinion is, changing your FOV below 80 it's just being lame. Your taking out the usage of the weapon. People who need to change it, are just noobs that are blind and can't hit people from far away. UT has weapons for different usage. You use a sniper for long distance shots and you use the shockrifle for mid range fights. By changing your FOV on the shockrifle to a point where you can see long distance is just adding functions that UT didn't intend to add for that weapon.

Honestly I don't really care what happens about this in the public server. I honestly gave up on public after seeing all the noobs on the server. It's up to Sam as he runs the public servers. Moskva and I run the pug servers together. including the other admins Moskva picked for Global.Siege I, and that includes Sam for server usage.

.seVered.][
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
...it's up to @SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1) to decide if its allowed or not.

Your taking out the usage of the weapon. People who need to change it, are just noobs that are blind and can't hit people from far away. UT has weapons for different usage. You use a sniper for long distance shots and you use the shockrifle for mid range fights. By changing your FOV on the shockrifle to a point where you can see long distance is just adding functions that UT didn't intend to add for that weapon.

I actually didn't think of it as changing the way a weapon behaves... (< OLD), clearly it does so I may have a different view of it now.

HOWEVER, I see using the FOV Zoom (with ShockRifle) as a "counter" to the "Metal + ShieldBelt Combo" abuse. Using the tactic 'shock for mid/close, sniper for distance' only works if there is nothing far away the that can not be shot with sniper.

Honestly I don't really care what happens about this in the public server. I honestly gave up on public after seeing all the noobs on the server. It's up to Sam as he runs the public servers. Moskva and I run the pug servers together. including the other admins Moskva picked for Global.Siege I, and that includes Sam for server usage.

That's what a public server is for. I have been pursuing the common medium of balance for Siege since it found me. We are finally getting close.

|uK|Cube
06-03-2013, 11:29 AM
To make all the QQ post's about FOV change short.
People use it to kill a metal+Shieldbelt lamer who is keeping his distance.
THUS CONCLUSION.
Remove shieldbelt combo and fix pure on PUGS, IDGAF about pub.
Hence why i said PUG.

And for god sake stop disliking shit you don't know a single thing about.
Hacks = hacks ( aimbot = hack , modifying FOV on other weapons = hacks So what's not close to this?)

.seVered.][
06-05-2013, 01:43 PM
[;59313']Well, I disagree.. I think the FOV zoom should be allowed and more people should use it.

I don't agree with this guy ... anymore.. But it would be cool to have a "MINI" zoom (say fov 60 or 50) added to the ShockRifle.

|uK|kenneth
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
yeah why not -.-' make it even more easier.