4Way Siege Concept for Pugs [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : 4Way Siege Concept for Pugs

SilverWing
06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
4Way is a multi-team based gametype that is played with 4 teams (Red, Blue, Green, and Gold). In the present version of 4Way Siege, one team can only win if all the other teams Base Cores gets destroyed. Also, all the eliminated players from the eliminated teams would switch over to the other teams and play on. On the public server this gametype has great success but when it comes to Pugs it has always been put down. Why? Because of the fear that the team with the best chance of winning would get eliminated first and would be a pointless game for them. So the Global Siege Admins (Convict, Moskva and SilverWing) have come with an idea that would make this a lot more fun and interesting for everyone that wants to 4Way Pug. Just a reminder that this concept is for Pugs and might not be used in public due to the settings that this concept asks for.

The 4Way Siege Concept

- In the new 4Way, one team can only win if they inflicted 33% damage to each enemy Base Core.
- If a team takes 33% damage from each team, this team will be eliminated and will be either kicked out of the server OR be sent into spectator. And server will be set to 9 slots and after 6 slots if another team gets eliminated. (Reason why it won’t be good for public)
- Once a team has dealt 33% damage to each team, that team will be declared the winner.
- Teams cannot repair their Base Cores
- Everything else will be the same!

How Would This Concept Be Better For Pugs?

So the problem with the present version of 4Way Siege is that all the teams will come to attack one certain team and eliminate them from the game. With the new version, it’s a race to see who can deal 33% damage to each core. So if a team does get 3v1’d in the beginning, after one team deals 33% damage they would stop and attack another team because it’s pointless for them to keep 3v1ing because they are missing the opportunity to deal damage to the other teams (It’s a race). When this transition happens it will slow down the game and let the team that got 3v1’d to get back into the game.

HUD (Just an Idea)

The HUD will display extra information. On the HUD where the Base Cores are displayed, it will display 3 lines beside each core. These lines correspond to the other team’s core and display how much damage you have dealt to that team determined by the length of the line.

For example:

http://i.imgur.com/m7SZja7.png (The core health to the left of it)

How are The Teams and Maps Going to be Picked?

4 Captains will be randomly selected, meaning no one can request to be a captain. This is so that teams don’t get stacked. Red captains will go first and pick one player, then Blue (1), then Green (1) and then Yellow will get to pick two players. After Green will pick one player, then Blue (1), and Red will get the last pick. Teams might be reset if it gets stacked so please think before you pick.

Team will then go to the server and wait for all the teams to get in and vote for a map on the 4Way section of the map vote.

Banny
06-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Good concept , needs to be tested several times before it gets official on pugs.

Also the bars on the right of core, would they display numerics too like if i'm in green would it display that our team has made 23% dmg to red, 14% to blue, 9% to yellow etc?

SilverWing
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Good concept , needs to be tested several times before it gets official on pugs.

Also the bars on the right of core, would they display numerics too like if i'm in green would it display that our team has made 23% dmg to red, 14% to blue, 9% to yellow etc?

It can be done, but then there would be to much stuff on the HUD. You can tell how much damage your team has done to a team by the length of the bar. If the bar was half way gone, you will know you did 16.5% damage.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
you'll still have teams ganging up on one team to eliminate them each time

I dont see how this changes anything

or maybe im missing something

SilverWing
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I dont see how this changes anything

Like I said, its a race. Why would you 3v1 a team if your not going to get anything out of it after you dealt the 33% of damage. If your team put pressure to another team, the teams that are still trying to destroy the team that got 3v1 are going to be behind. They will have to fall back and defend the base more and decrease the pressure that the 3v1 team was having. During this time, the team that got 3v1'd will start to recover.

with the core not being able to be repaired, it will be more of defense style game.

audiosonic
06-11-2013, 04:08 PM
It won't be a more defense style game lol, now there's only 3 people on a team => you have less income => super protectors get built slower => offensive players have an easier time hitting core = > defenders can't reply (core can not be repaired)

However I always wanted to pug 4-way, and before you make the assumption in your post about teams ganging up, have you even tried pugging 4-way? (answer is no ;__; ) Try the normal 4-way siege in a pug, see how it goes, if there is indeed some kind of unbalanced gameplay then try to implement something else (not this 33% idea plis, it doesn't make sense to mi ty).

es mi opinion, y es verdad ò_ó

Chamberly
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
What is the max of players to join and the min?

'Zac
06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I LOVE THIS NEW CONCEPT SO MUCH OMFG

8-)
06-11-2013, 09:56 PM
es mi opinion, y es verdad ò_ó

No.

Higor
06-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I got it: no elimination.
Once everyone's ganged up on you and put your core on 0% (their side), you can still play to make other team's cores go down to 0% (your side) and try to win.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-12-2013, 08:06 AM
you'll still get teams ganging up on one even when each team has damaged the other by the required 33% you will then have the team thats FUCKED and two other teams gang up on another team etc etc

only way to do it is try it in this concept and see what happens

ten dollars says one or two morans still attack the same team even after getting 33% damage

HIGH+CAMILO
06-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Well if my team already took the 33% of the core (lets say red) and banana is there. I will attack their team just to make him rage (pretty normal).

In mean time is gonna be easy for blue (dangerpussyboy team) to take their 33% of.

BTW one single nuke is gonna take 20%? 2 nukes bye bye...

Higor
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I was thinking with this formula:
150% / sqrt(teams-1)

2 way: 150% damage to all enemy cores to win
3 way: 106%
4 way: 75%

BTW SAM, upload the DownTown betas :(

Moskva
06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
you'll still get teams ganging up on one even when each team has damaged the other by the required 33% you will then have the team thats FUCKED and two other teams gang up on another team etc etc

only way to do it is try it in this concept and see what happens

ten dollars says one or two morans still attack the same team even after getting 33% damage

If you would read you wouldnt be making false assumptions

the eliminated team doesnt play anymore, period.

And if you have guys attacking a team were they already did the damage, you could consider they are "covering" the rest of the teams to eliminate that one, but at the same time, their team is getting screwed from behind as they are attacking the wrong team

Novak
06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
The idea may need to be tweaked after some play but sounds like a fun option. Maybe add a second join option in IRC like .join4 or something so players who want to play 4way can still be on a list to join a 2way pug. But 4way can be a nice change of pace or maybe players will want to play 4way. Just don't force players who want 2way to play a 4way match or they will lose interest in pugging.

Who cares about teams ganging up? It will happen naturally depending on the strength of the defenders of said team getting attacked. Plus, players in a pug may choose to kill each other more when multiple teams are entering enemy base as they have an incentive to do so in this mod rather than letting them get to the core like often happens in public. I love it when I am on, say, green team and enter blue base and snipe a yellow player who is in front of me or to the side about to attack or attacking blue core and they rage at me lol. Acting like we aren't supposed to attack each other. The incentive in this mod is to kill everyone who may be attacking any core.

I can think of different ways to tweak the game settings that might be interesting, but would like to try it as is and see how it plays. Nice job, guys.

Has 4way pugging ever occurred?

Higor
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I won't deal with external mods and slot handling, or nexgen, or etc.
Say it's a race? Then keep everyone racing until we have a winner, default Siege is already elimination mode and we're looking for something different here right?

SAM
06-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Sorry Higor....I just keep on forgetting -.-

I will do this now while I remember.