PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate RC21

Higor
06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Small changelog, possibly big stuff.

- Increased PURE compatibility, a bit more than before.
- Replaced Ape Cannon with Grenade launcher on mid spawn.
- Most if not all builds with upgrade cost 0 aren't upgradeable anymore.
- Added to buildable weapon category (after Invincible Warhead):
* EMP Launcher - 500 RU
* Napalm Launcher - 800 RU
* Toxin Launcher - 700 RU
* Fragmentation Launcher - 650 RU
* Ape Cannon - 550 RU
- Normal Supplier (and Health Pod) rotates between players waiting for supply (0.2 second timer), this makes all players receive ammo and stacking suppliers together becomes a better choice.

Grenade Launcher
- MultiAmmo, alt-fire switches between available types.
- HUD display of all ammo available.
- Can be built per-ammo.
- Middle spawn comes fully loaded.
- 5 grenade types:
* 1: (48) Rockets: rocket launcher grenades with extra propulsion, shares ammo with that weapon.
* 2: (15) EMP: small radius but extra effective against mines.
* 3: (15) Napalm: fragmentates and burns buildings, also blocks small hallways for at least 5 seconds, useless underwater.
* 4: (20) Toxic: emits corrosive gas that lasts about 5 seconds, blocks medium sized hallways, useful for defensive crowd control.
* 5: (30) Fragmentation: 40 deadly flak fragments at insane speed, useful for offensive crowd control.
+ Napalm won't hurt asbestos suit wielders, Toxic won't hurt toxin suit wielders.

SilverWing
06-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Things that need to be fixed is that the grenade launcher hud need to be move to the left because the core hud is blocking the imgs. Also i think the grenades don't launch like rocket laucher grenade, idk if this was intended or not but i think it should all fire the same.

SAM
06-14-2013, 04:14 PM
I've left grenade launcher in the constructor menu for you guys to test at PUG.

The EMP seems much better than it was before. It only has a small AOE effect. Also, the gun is a mid spawn only, no buildable. So the challenge for mid spawn battle is on!

Banny
06-14-2013, 04:41 PM
the grenade launcher HUD isn't highlighted :'(

|uK|chiseller
06-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Napalm is op

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Napalm is op

Agree

'Zac
06-14-2013, 09:01 PM
im so concerned about the supplier/healthpod turn thing... thats real fucked up shit

Shotman
06-15-2013, 12:06 AM
if your going to add these grenade then at least take out poison guard and flame from the game. And napalm is really op make it cost 2000 or 2500 RU or make it a mid spawn and replace the flame.

AnAunreal
06-15-2013, 03:04 AM
Toxic and napalm OP, an other stupid mod fix. bring neutron and emp and nuke siren back, this is crap

|uK|kenneth
06-15-2013, 04:05 AM
So the challenge for mid spawn battle is on!

thats nothing new.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Constructor SEQ=Select STARTFRAME=27 NUMFRAMES=4 // <------change this

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Constructor SEQ=Select STARTFRAME=29 NUMFRAMES=2 <--- to this and you fix the stupidly slow ass constructor switch time.

I have showed above how easy it is to fix the slow anim switch rate Higor, i am not asking a big deal here.

|uK|fleecey
06-15-2013, 06:52 AM
All this new weapons is nice, but it should be spawned in mid, not buy able.

Spiderman
06-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Higor you worked hard, but I really hate all this new weapons, Let siege as it WAS running, Dont add new new weapons. I hate this version of siege as of this idiotic weapons. Why cant we run siege as it is? At-least dont add these new useless spam weapons.
"- Normal Supplier (and Health Pod) rotates between players waiting for supply (0.2 second timer), this makes all players receive ammo and stacking suppliers together becomes a better choice." This new supplier seems good and new weapons r worst.

Banny
06-15-2013, 08:03 AM
I just can't understand why crying rivers all of a sudden? why can't you appreciate his work instead of whining. Ye the idea that napalm etc are constructable with less RU cost seems stupid to me , should be a midspawn only!

OuTlaW
06-15-2013, 08:20 AM
should be a midspawn only!
Or just make it lil bit higher ccost (1500-1700)

|uK|fleecey
06-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Higor you worked hard, but I really hate all this new weapons, Let siege as it WAS running, Dont add new new weapons. I hate this version of siege as of this idiotic weapons. Why cant we run siege as it is? At-least dont add these new useless spam weapons.
"- Normal Supplier (and Health Pod) rotates between players waiting for supply (0.2 second timer), this makes all players receive ammo and stacking suppliers together becomes a better choice." This new supplier seems good and new weapons r worst.

The weapon add is not that bad, but they shouldn't be buy able like I said. People abuse it way too much.. could be nice with some new things added to siege, it's been a thread about it.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-15-2013, 09:20 AM
All this new weapons is nice, but it should be spawned in mid, not buy able.

Yes, all good special weapons must be only picked up on mid spawner (except nukes), the only custom weapon that should be buildable is the Ape Cannon

Grenade launcher must be only spawned on mid, with low ammo for all fire types, and the only the ammo should be made by constructor

and please higor, that napalm is mega overpowered, the fire projectiles is instant kill, you should greatly decrease the damage, and it would be nice if you decrease the time for change the fire type for make combo attacks with launcher... fast switches for multi fire attacks together, it would be fun

Banny
06-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Just played 4-way minicivil war map and grenade launcher spawned 4 times in a row , lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Banny, feedback like this, even if it is negative is a good thing for any developer, we need to hear blunt truth to make better progress.

for me the constructor slow switch is harmful in game, like pointing out a bug that needs fixing, for example, I want to switch to sniper mid fire fight, it takes me 3-4 seconds to get to the sniper thanks to the messed up constructor model animation when switching to it, my middle mouse is getweapon sgconstructor and then i scroll down one click for sniper, by the time the switch weapon animation of the constructor has finished and is allowing me to switch to sniper i am 90% of the time killed because i cant load a weapon. same with rocket launcher, click middle mouse and scroll up one for rockets launcher if i spot a nuke in enemy base that i can kill, but by the time constructor anim finishes and i switch to rockets I normally have a bullet put through my head before i can fire off a shot.

Everyone appreciates the effort higor is doing but being a developer for a game mod myself i can see he isnt really listening to what people are asking for and is doing and adding what he wants when he wants and everyone has to put up with it with no say. I asked many times if he would fix the anim, i have even shown how easy and how it would take less than 5 seconds to fix, yet i have been ignored which is game destroying for me.

Even the point I made about him and the super mine bug, his arrogant "you mad" comment right away is not how a developer will get respect and neither is ignoring the players who populate the server going to get him 100% respect either.

all input is good input, but a developer MUST listen the the community using that mod on a regular basis and not ignore them and do what they feel is cool, I also know first hand that making so many changes over and over without giving players time to adjust to the already new additions will result in negative responses, people need time to adjust and i feel the players are not being given that time.

Of course this is only my opinion on it.

|uK|kenneth
06-15-2013, 11:42 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};60177']Everyone appreciates the effort higor is doing but being a developer for a game mod myself i can see he isnt really listening to what people are asking for and is doing and adding what he wants when he wants and everyone has to put up with it with no say. I asked many times if he would fix the anim, i have even shown how easy and how it would take less than 5 seconds to fix, yet i have been ignored which is game destroying for me.

Even the point I made about him and the super mine bug, his arrogant "you mad" comment right away is not how a developer will get respect and neither is ignoring the players who populate the server going to get him 100% respect either.

all input is good input, but a developer MUST listen the the community using that mod on a regular basis and not ignore them and do what they feel is cool, I also know first hand that making so many changes over and over without giving players time to adjust to the already new additions will result in negative responses, people need time to adjust and i feel the players are not being given that time.

Of course this is only my opinion on it.

I have to agree

'Zac
06-15-2013, 11:53 AM
no one even fucking agreed for this grenade launcher. only like 2 people agreed. POLLS HIGOR. THEYRE HERE FOR A REASON

Edited - its "polls" not "poles" zac..lol

SilverWing
06-15-2013, 12:06 PM
My opinion is that it needs to be spawned mid and not be build-able. After few weeks of testing it needs tweaking.

I remember in the past, when Flame Thrower was introduced, it was OP as shit because it was build-able. People would make SuperJetpack and Fly around and flame shit. By the time they made it back to base, they would have made a profit out of it and keep repeating it. Once it was moved to mid spawn, it was at a point where it was not OP and found place in the Siege environment.

Now i'm hoping that the Grenade Launcher will have the same effect. I can see a lot of plays that can happen with this weapon. But to make it not so OP, it needs to be spawned in mid.

Higor
06-15-2013, 01:18 PM
SAM remove the napalm launcher from the build category, I left the fragment damage too high :ape:
EDIT: Can be patch fixed too so no download.

Fluke... what constructor model are you using?

|uK|Chronox
06-15-2013, 02:02 PM
I agree with the more expensive Grenade Launcher.

It IS a late-game weapon, used in LATE GAMES, where Bases have insane defenses and mine fields.

The GL should cost way more. 1.5-2k or something, and also a rare midspawn.

Also Thanks for your work Higor.

SAM
06-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Higor
Can't. I set autoconfig false, took them out. Still it all adds themselves.

Higor
06-15-2013, 02:19 PM
SAM, all you need to do is blank the Launcher entries you want to take out under [sgCategoryInfo], don't edit the CurVersion or bHasConfig settings since those are the combo for the auto-add trigger.
As a matter of fact, never touch those to or replace the sgCategoryInfo list, either edit elements individually or remove the entire entry for a clean version for later edits.
Applying a backup list from an older version will trigger again the auto list patch.

I'd keep the EMP, that little thing turned the last Niven game I played into a chess game, which I lost.
EDIT: McSwartzly still went overtime with the Grenade Launcher, when teams are bent into camping the lower area all-the-fucking-game (OMFG!, i'm talking to you) there's no helping to it.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Higor thank you firstly for finally asking, this problem has caused me to get annoyed a lot and is wrecking the game for me and you are the only person who can answer or provide a solution.

as for what constructor, I didn't realise there was a choice? can you explain a bit better what choices there are exactly? mine looks like the normal constructor siege has always used, the only other constructor i have seen is in spec and a player is left handed, they are using a constructor with a small window/display that comes out of the side of it, but in game it looks like a normal constructor.

EDIT : I am assuming you have done what I pointed out earlier in this thread regarding the anim frame count? I was just on the server to fraps the constructor to show you the problem but now the constructor selects at a much better speed.

Took a while, but thank you for fixing it, my raging will be less now and i wont have to dodge like a maniac while switching weapons.

Higor
06-15-2013, 04:15 PM
The server sees all constructors as this one, the client may modify it to adapt to older displays.
Hold alt-fire and then click fire and this GUI will pop up, the settings icon on the right will lead you to this menu:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Construc1.JPG

It's kinda strange tho, the constructor shouldn't take long to draw since in the server this model draws it a lot faster, and what the server says here is what should matter, unless UT has the weapon switch code doing some processing on the client (which is NOT OK).

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-15-2013, 07:09 PM
it definitely seemed anim frame related like first two frams were longer than last 2, i will take a look at that menu, but either way, the anim is perfect now so ty.

Novak
06-16-2013, 02:39 PM
im so concerned about the supplier/healthpod turn thing...

I also agree. This was addressed and voted on in a thread but not widely. It is here: http://www.unrealkillers.com/f68/supplier-queue-rotation-3890/

I made two posts on the matter and was not satisfied with the reply I received from severed, #'s 12 and 15: http://www.unrealkillers.com/f68/supplier-queue-rotation-3890/index2.html

The vote was 11-4 for the change, but I don't necessarily see the new supplier as an improvement for players who know how to play together. Then again, it may be a good thing as it will allow players to leave together in groups which I like. More group battles and more team support in pushing into enemy base. Also more multikills for Convict potentially. Let's see how it goes.

OuTlaW
06-16-2013, 03:24 PM
im so concerned about the supplier/healthpod turn thing...
It's good for the public , leave it the same on Pug

Novak
06-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Small changelog, possibly big stuff.

Just played a game on Niven and got the grenade launcher at one point. What a deadly weapon lol. So sick. Seems maybe overpowered, but would like to test more. So fun to have a weapon like that on Niven to end those games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Higor dreamed up the grenade launcher just for Niven.

Adds a lot of strategy to games as well.

Banny
06-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Higor dreamed up the grenade launcher just for Niven.

swarzly too,

Novak
06-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Just had a nice speed/boots/belt/tele combo going with the launcher on Lego4 for the last 4 min. Threw a bunch of emp's at blue core with under 30 seconds left, napalmed the repairers and then colla nuked for the win by a handful or two of points. Did I mention the amp'd napalm of 'Zac while he was chasing me like crazy?

Siege has just vaulted to a whole 'nother level. Mega props to Higor and the development team.

'Zac
06-20-2013, 03:35 PM
siege hasnt changed for shit. ooooooo a grenade launcher its just like the flame! OMG 2 FLAMES!!!! ORGHERG)ETHETHETPOHWUROPGH

.seVered.][
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
siege hasnt changed for shit. ooooooo a grenade launcher its just like the flame! OMG 2 FLAMES!!!! ORGHERG)ETHETHETPOHWUROPGH

why the Debbie Downer there 'Zac.. it has 4 ammo types, Napalm (as you call FLAME which it's NOT), FRAG, FLAK and EMP.. so it's a complete weapon package.. and I dig it... :) but STILL wish it wasn't MID spawn only.

...sigh, can't have it all ... :evillaugh:

OuTlaW
06-21-2013, 04:15 AM
It's only the napalm that's deadly , other types cause med damage
I suggest you make all types (except napalm) buildable , just make it's cost higher

.seVered.][
06-21-2013, 05:13 AM
It's only the napalm that's deadly , other types cause med damage
I suggest you make all types (except napalm) buildable , just make it's cost higher

That's what I would suggest to, a couple "PACKAGE" type builds. Like EMP+Napalm together but be EXPENSIVE ... 1500-2000. or a FragPack, something just don't park the most versatile weapon on the shelf in the MID SPAWN... BLAH. It's so useful for both offense AND defense.. a skilled player can make ready use of it no matter what the map or demand. As several have probably seen to their horror and frustration lately.

FREE THE GrenadeLauncher! Release it from the MIDSPAWN PRISON!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-21-2013, 06:01 AM
cant remember if this has been mentioned, but the F7 function doesnt add all players and as new players join they are not added to the list, can this be fixed?

kushface
06-21-2013, 06:20 AM
2000 for napalm and emp package sounds like a fair deal!!

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Its a powerup so it should stay in mid. Please dont gay siege up now that im back

|uK|chiseller
06-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Indeed, your presence makes it gay enough my chocolate bear.

|uK|Cube
06-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Indeed, your presence makes it gay enough my chocolate bear.
Bear? Arent bears supposed to be "big"?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SnbFzIYLZR8/TTeamvn1jUI/AAAAAAAABVQ/4gxBTYLgX2s/s1600/Arctotherium_angustidens-Size.jpg

Cthulhu
06-21-2013, 02:32 PM
just spawn in middle. thanks

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-21-2013, 03:22 PM
ahaha wankers

.seVered.][
06-21-2013, 03:57 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};60442']cant remember if this has been mentioned, but the F7 function doesnt add all players and as new players join they are not added to the list, can this be fixed?

This also points out that the ENTIRE HUD resembles an 'Edsel' and could use an update, but that's just my Henry Ford on the problem.

Chamberly
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
[;60474]but that's just my Henry Ford on the problem.

Fixed Or Repaired Daily!

or

Found On Road Dead!

:P

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-22-2013, 05:29 AM
2000 for napalm and emp package sounds like a fair deal!!

i personally think it would be better to strip that weapon into each projectile class , i.e. EMP launcher and Grenade Napalm Launcher. change skins on the model to match the ammo type.

|uK|chiseller
06-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Agreed, it's still way too overpowered.
In general, strong spawn weapons shouldn't spawn early in the game.

.seVered.][
06-22-2013, 05:57 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};60496']i personally think it would be better to strip that weapon into each projectile class , i.e. EMP launcher and Grenade Napalm Launcher. change skins on the model to match the ammo type.

Indeed, and have each one be like 5 grand...LOL

Novak
06-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Fixed Or Repaired Daily!

or

Found On Road Dead!

:P

Sounds like a Chevy family. :P

.seVered.][
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a Chevy family. :P

My Dad worked for GM for almost 40 years now, has 2 million in his pension and will SHOOT any Corporate Raider even THINKING about it IN THE HEAD.

'Zac
06-24-2013, 12:01 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};60442']cant remember if this has been mentioned, but the F7 function doesnt add all players and as new players join they are not added to the list, can this be fixed?

yeah i hate that, thats what i use in pugs to read peoples RU, but if someone comes in to sub or reconnects, they dont show anymore.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-25-2013, 07:04 AM
yeah i hate that, thats what i use in pugs to read peoples RU, but if someone comes in to sub or reconnects, they dont show anymore.

so do i, I also use it if someone is jumping and saying "up me for SS" when they have 150RU and other players have 1000+RU, I know i can ignore them.

Higor
06-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I hadn't taken a look at that function...
But seriously, check this out:

Determining the width of the RU display...
for (i=0;i<32;i++)
{
PRI = sgPRI(PlayerPawn(Owner).GameReplicationInfo.PRIArr ay[i]);

Drawing the actual team ru
for (i=0;i<16;i++)
{

:ape:

~~D4RR3N~~
06-25-2013, 10:38 PM
I hadn't taken a look at that function...
But seriously, check this out:

Determining the width of the RU display...
for (i=0;i<32;i++)
{

Drawing the actual team ru
for (i=0;i<16;i++)
{

:ape:
hahah yea yea what an ape... (wtf is that...)

Higor
06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
The GameReplicationInfo class holds up to 32 PRI's on a list.
These PRI's are the ones that hold the Player Name, Ping, Siege Stats, RU, etc for each player.

The first iterator checks the 32 elements to determine the draw width... while the actual draw routine only goes up to 16.
So if we have 16 or more players (specs included), some may be left out of the RU display.

Higor
06-26-2013, 12:06 AM
I BAKE SIEGE RELEASES WITH THIS HOMEMADE OBFUSCATOR:
GO GET IT UT99.org | Ingame package obfuscator. : Coding, Scripting (http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4924)

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-26-2013, 09:16 AM
well before servers used to be set at 16 slots standard, we brought out the all chaos lets make it 39203520934 players and see what happens, personally preferred 16 slots 8v8, there was more teamwork involved. I know I know youre gonna say its only 3 more players each team to make 22 players but believe me it makes a huge difference on certain maps and none whatsoever on other ones

AnAunreal
06-27-2013, 05:59 AM
That GranAPE Gun is more deadly than a nuke with all that options, just use EMP first than poison after that you can Napalm ftw, it is so OP.

maybe it is fun if you can get a Nuke in mid aswell.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
maybe it is fun if you can get a Nuke in mid aswell.

exactly what I was thinking

I hope someone has already sensed the sarcastic tone of both mine and ana's posts

|uK|chiseller
06-27-2013, 01:11 PM
No shit