PDA

View Full Version : Any maps that need to sieged or fixed?

'Zac
06-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I have no maps to work on except for the one in the UDK but thats all. so im open to any maps that need to be fixed or sieged. just post what needs to be fixed or what you want to be sieged. I will ' LIKE ' the posts that i will be fixing and/or sieging.

|uK|kenneth
06-21-2013, 10:28 AM
lets fix clarion the version without mid.

Banny
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
1) fix Blackriverultimate's cliff.. if u go along the wall on the top u fall in some weird place and it's impossible to get out

2) Fix Bathrooms ultimate sink.. theres 1-2 hidden walls near 1st or 2nd sink

Higor
06-21-2013, 11:49 AM
lets fix clarion the version without mid.
Can be done easily... gimme a sec...

SAM edit these entries on the SiegeUltimate INI (SiegeGI, SiegeGI2, SiegeGI_MLSG3)
RandomSpawnerMap[3]=CTF-Clarion[SwS].unr
RandomSpawnerLocation[3]=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=1624.000000)

SilverWing
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Zac I will give you some projects to do on Saturday/Sunday... So be on TS.

'Zac
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
1) fix Blackriverultimate's cliff.. if u go along the wall on the top u fall in some weird place and it's impossible to get out

2) Fix Bathrooms ultimate sink.. theres 1-2 hidden walls near 1st or 2nd sink

lol the bathroom hidden walls are actually invisible trees xD but ill fix it. its easy
also in blackriverultimate, its a BSP errer or a binary space partition error. It's probably even impossible to fix but ill see what i can do. most of it might be gone or all of it or none :/

Higor
06-21-2013, 01:21 PM
The problem with blackriver ultimate is a design flaw.

Very common with basic terrain brushes (with with N x N subdivisions on one face).
Which is why I ended up hand-making the terrain in OutworldHold.

'Zac
Before you release any map, let me take a look at the path network, some of these 'Ultimate' maps have clusters of pathnodes making it very difficult to repair the network even with plugins like BotZ.
I would gladly send you a T3D file to import over the map with the new PathNode set if you agree.

Chamberly
06-21-2013, 02:28 PM
You could show me a bit of stuff how to make a siege map... like adding cores. ^^

SilverWing
06-21-2013, 02:38 PM
like adding cores. ^^

Flags are replaced with the Core. So if u know how to add a flag you pretty much added the core.

Chamberly
06-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Flags are replaced with the Core. So if u know how to add a flag you pretty much added the core.

I never seen core/diamond in UT99 beside siege. Which is why I though to ask, I thought it was a mod added-in or something.

'Zac
06-21-2013, 04:56 PM
The problem with blackriver ultimate is a design flaw.

Very common with basic terrain brushes (with with N x N subdivisions on one face).
Which is why I ended up hand-making the terrain in OutworldHold.

'Zac
Before you release any map, let me take a look at the path network, some of these 'Ultimate' maps have clusters of pathnodes making it very difficult to repair the network even with plugins like BotZ.
I would gladly send you a T3D file to import over the map with the new PathNode set if you agree.

I'm finished with both maps, the bathrooms and black river both renamed to the next version without my tag ( 'Z ) but i cant test the blackriver one because i think it has that brush or actor that only allows it to be played on a specific server. the bathrooms map has the clusters of pathnodes in certains spots and some are overlapping each other. The black river one is fine.

|uK|Rays
06-21-2013, 06:14 PM
EpicBoy and Lucius have potential, you could look into those Zac. I actually meant to get Fluke on those maps but it slipped my mind.

'Zac
06-21-2013, 07:29 PM
EpicBoy and Lucius have potential, you could look into those Zac. I actually meant to get Fluke on those maps but it slipped my mind.

Epicboy will be an easy one, i forgot how lucius looked like so i have no clue.

Shotman
06-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Epicboy will be an easy one, i forgot how lucius looked like so i have no clue.

isn't lucius already a siege map? I have played it several times on the server 2 way and 4 way.

|uK|Rays
06-21-2013, 09:13 PM
nah lucius is the map with low grav in the middle, it works ok with siege, but the lowgrav middle is kinda bad.

Higor
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Lol, no grav mid ftw.
I can see 10 v 10 snipers with the occasional trans nuker.

Shotman
06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
yea i have played it, i believe its better with low grav in mid then booster because a) booster can be bugged and b) if your going to make it booster than it has to be done with 4way as well and in 4way you will be having 6 boosters in each base.

|uK|Rays
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Nah it's bad with low grav cause you can camp the top entrance and push people around mid with literally any weapon. It doesn't need to be a booster mid it just needs a mid in general.

'Zac
06-22-2013, 12:03 PM
i think lucius is fine, its been being played like that for years and plus i dont have the map for some reason, only the 4 way version i have.
bathrooms > http://www.mediafire.com/download/lp9hohip572tc8j/CTF-BathroomsUltimateV3.zip
blackriver > http://www.mediafire.com/download/u60jx9pza2pquqp/CTF-BlackRiverUltimateV6.zip
epicboy > http://www.mediafire.com/download/rs4g7hogjqgfafv/CTF-%27Z-EpicBoy.zip
blackriver MAY not be fixed because i could not test it.

|uK|Rays
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
it's on the siege server, go cache rip it. It's been played with low grav for years in weapons ctf because they have translocators. Play it in a siege pug against any defender with half a clue and nobody is getting across mid for the first 20 minutes.

~~D4RR3N~~
06-22-2013, 03:27 PM
it's on the siege server, go cache rip it. It's been played with low grav for years in weapons ctf because they have translocators. Play it in a siege pug against any defender with half a clue and nobody is getting across mid for the first 20 minutes.
adrian left me traumas that day... always hs me... also fleecey's mines... damn bro...

Novak
06-22-2013, 09:00 PM
'Zac

On Bathrooms-4, make the cabinet nuke room water, not toxic slime like it currently is. On the two way it is fine and works but for some reason was coded as toxic slime in the 4-way rendition. Will help move games along tremendously with functional nuke rooms for each team.

NovemberCommand-4: I hate to see this one die, such a classic. But it is really stacked against yellow and green. Too easy to hit yellow core from below with just about any weapon and green is too vulnerable to slime entrants. Maybe change the water entry to the mid between green and yellow bases rather than near the green slime on right side of green base and move the yellow core slightly off of the four holes. Still make the core able to be hit by nukes coming up through the holes, though, so maybe move it out and up as well for that, but not too far. Just so it can't be leeched with any weapon. Grenades getting through is fine. Also maybe add a mid spawn at the top of the submarine, although that is a nice tele spot. Other creative changes to that map also welcome to advance its play.

'Zac
06-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Im just working on maps for the upcoming GU siege thing that can be played during the competition and them not having problems. So I have a few maps in mind that I'll probably fix/siege...
1. Icepost? Its a fun map, tele tantrum-eeyy. What to fix... The ice at the bottom is buggy, and not mirrored. Maybe take out some of the rooms that you spawn in and put all spawns in the small ass base.
2. Braveheart? Fun map, everything is equaled out but small.
3. ValleyOfSiege? Big map, old classic and lotrfan kept asking me to fix it. Its not mirrored, the water part is extremely buggy. The biterfish in the water can make people lag and the core is waaay to open.
4. SniperFortress? Big map, but can be smallened. Its not mirrored, the mountain tops are free to use, some parts are really really buggy and i heard the mid spawn is fucked up.
just a few suggestions for maps that can be fixed and/or be in the GU competition

Higor
06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
1. Icepost? Its a fun map, tele tantrum-eeyy. What to fix... The ice at the bottom is buggy, and not mirrored. Maybe take out some of the rooms that you spawn in and put all spawns in the small ass base.Unfixable, no brushes.

2. Braveheart? Fun map, everything is equaled out but small.Add a no-build zone to everything above a mountain. (XC_Siege_r2 helps here)

3. ValleyOfSiege? Big map, old classic and lotrfan kept asking me to fix it. Its not mirrored, the water part is extremely buggy. The biterfish in the water can make people lag and the core is waaay to open.Terrible now matter how you look at it.

4. SniperFortress? Big map, but can be smallened. Its not mirrored, the mountain tops are free to use, some parts are really really buggy and i heard the mid spawn is fucked up.
just a few suggestions for maps that can be fixed and/or be in the GU competitionDidn't Disturbed made a fix of this?
.seVered.][ check your folder.

.seVered.][
06-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Didn't Disturbed made a fix of this?
@.seVered.][ (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1743) check your folder.

We did, it was rejected or overlooked at the time. Disturbed has the original, and he's not at around much to ask.. I can send a strip-o-gram courier to his door to request that he come to a meeting now and then. He'll like that :)

Somebody should ask Crsk to tackle these... He seems to be good at larger map design's.