PDA

View Full Version : UTRP Unreal Tournament ReTexturing Project

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Not sure how many know about the unreal texturing project that was done a while ago, we use it on our servers and i use them while playing on siege too, gives the game a huge facelift looks wise, the only problem is if the server i am using them on doesn't have them then there is a risk of players skating like they are locked in one position, the good thing so far is it only does this on the two blackriver maps, but is a pain if that map is voted as i have to leave UT and swap my textures folder that has the UTRP textures with a copy with default textures instead.

Here is a few examples of UTRP and what i see in game.

FACE, we all hate that big ass earth texture that blinds you and isnt the best to look at texture wise either.

This is how the Face Earth texture looks to me when i use UTRP Textures.

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Face.jpg

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Face1.jpg

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Face2.jpg

Only other clear shot I could find while using UTRP, normally i am taking a shot of console etc.

Niven

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Niven.jpg

all you need to do is download UTRP textures, create a copy of your Textures folder, place UTRP textures in one of them and overwrite the existing default textures, the skating is avoided if the server has those textures on there as well, that's why i see "skating" players on blackriver, would be nice if i didnt have to make the texture folder change if the UTRP textures were on the server as well. also make sure in renderer options (open console, type "preferences" and navigate to the renderer you use) set S3TC to True.

Download the texture packs from here ---> S3TC MasterFiles High End (http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Downloads/Textures/HighEnd/MasterFiles/MasterFilesHighEnd.htm)

also do NOT use UTRP textures with Ued, make sure you switch back to the normal texture folder before opening Ued as the textures will be distorted.

'Zac
07-05-2013, 11:59 AM
its only changing only a few textures, the earth in face and the walls in niven...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-05-2013, 03:35 PM
its only changing only a few textures, the earth in face and the walls in niven...

lol, no zac, that is the only screenshots i have without XConsole in the way, just showing an example, its not just the earth either, look at the floor in face and the towers, all the textures in face are high res because face uses only default UT textures.

UTRP covers all of the default UT99 textures and all of them are High Res. well over 200

if you click the link i put in first post you will see them for download, total of around 20GB. it changes the look and feel of the game drastically

Shotman
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
i would not trust this, because a lot of maps have their own custom textures and with this, it will crash your UT or you will just see players sliding across the maps.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
not entirely correct shot, custom textures have no link to UTRP whatsoever and they will not crash your UT, it will crash Ued sometimes depending on map loaded.

the sliding bug is because none of the textures are on the server, the only two maps I have played that have the sliding player bug is both blackriver, I have used this for years and rarely get the sliding bug any more since the UTRP update.

plus if you dont like it then all you have to do is rename your texture folder e.g. TexturesUTRP and then change the name of the copy of the textures folder to "Textures" load UT and back to default textures.

nothing really to not trust, you will have two texture folders, one with UTRP and the other stock UT textures, i did explain that clearly in my first post, just like the comment zac made, read first post a bit better.

Cella
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Show me some pics of Bedrooms and Blackriver2a and you'll prolly change my mind :P

SAM
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
The server is already UTRP...so the advantage is there for anyone to take. It also stops the sliding players bug if anyone install CD two.

Shotman
07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
it all depends on the maps not the server. For example Donuthole, i was playing these textures but once it came to CTF-Bolt, players started to slide around. All the other maps that had these textures were good but other maps weren't, that is why i decided to go back to the other textures. Also i don't have time to look at the high tech textures to be honest using low textures will let you see the players better.

SAM
07-05-2013, 04:46 PM
A client ut should be using CD one textures only. It became apparent a lot were using CD two which was causing the sliding players. That's why there's a server side only package that actually prevents this. You probably won't see any sliding on our servers.

Shotman
07-05-2013, 05:11 PM
yea i was just using CD1 textures.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-06-2013, 07:52 AM
That explains why i dont get the sliding bug apart from blackriver and have no idea why its only that map.

Custom textures are not affected in any way shape or form if you use UTRP textures.

anyway, i only made this thread in case some people would like to see UT with a huge facelift with high res textures.

SAM
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I'll have a check on the textures folder and re-up S3TC...other than that it might be because of some unreworked texture?

Keith
07-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Too bad there are no utrp textures for player models

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-06-2013, 06:33 PM

Technically they can be made high res quite easily, same as any other custom texture and then set up a small mod as a replace on all default player skins.

SAM, I have no idea, we have UTRP on all our servers and I have never seen a map with the player slide, possible you may have missed one out or it has become corrupt and simply needs a re-upload?

Higor
07-06-2013, 07:38 PM
If you install the CD2 before any other Hi Res pack, you'll notice the no-team Malcom, Othello and Riker have high res skins which look a LOT like UT's concept artwork on these characters (clothes, not faces)

--- Updated ---

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/HiresSkin.PNG

Keith
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Nice. Too bad they can't be used online due to the sliding bug though

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Higor they would only look like that in game if you have resolution set to the max it can take, e.g. i use 1680 x 1050

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-07-2013, 06:43 AM
You will only get good quality if younuse native resolution of the monitor (keith) anyway ive been meaning to switch over myself but to be honest quality in my ut is really good/sharp as it is

Keith
07-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Bah I use 1920x1080 anyway

SAM
07-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Nice. Too bad they can't be used online due to the sliding bug though

You won't get the sliding bug on our servers.....

Keith
07-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Utrp yeah but not CD2

SAM
07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Utrp yeah but not CD2

CD2 as well Keith lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-07-2013, 08:23 PM
You won't get the sliding bug on our servers.....

apart from blackriver, unless you have re uploaded the textures? no idea why its only that map.

--- Updated ---

Show me some pics of Bedrooms and Blackriver2a and you'll prolly change my mind :P

bedrooms and blackriver use custom textures.

its mainly all maps with default UT textures in them that UTRP replaces