PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calibrated Crosshair

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-12-2013, 07:39 AM
I have for a long time been frustrated with how bad the default UT99 dot crosshair is not calibrated correctly, so i made a custom crosshair with higher calibration for more accurate long range shots, took a lot of testing but now it is practically perfect in long and short range as in, what the dot is pointing at is where your shot hits.

this is what i mean, in the images below i did not move the player at all.

calibrated dot aimed at the centre of the darker square from a fair distance away and fired off a single shot with sniper

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Calibrated%20dot.jpg

this is where it hit and that would be a head shot and where the dot was pointing.

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Calibrated%20dot%20zoom.jpg

then i do the same with the default dot, again, player not moved an inch, just lined up dot in centre of square and again fired off a single shot.

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/Default%20Dot.jpg

This is where it actually hits when i zoom in and look

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/default%20dot%20zoomed.jpg

now you see the difference, this has hugely improved my accuracy

This is simply a texture set as a crosshair, no tweaks or any kind of hack, just fixing the default dot.

if anyone would like to have this then i have provided a link for you to download the texture file, extract the .utx, then simply place it in UnrealTournament/Textures

Then open the USER.ini with notepad located in UnrealTournament/System.

look for

[Botpack.ChallengeHUD]

and add the custom crosshair like so...

CrosshairCount=10 //<- change from 9 to 10 (or just add 1 if you run custom crosshairs, i.e CrosshairCount=15 change that to 16)
CrossHairs[0]=Botpack.CHair1
CrossHairs[1]=Botpack.CHair2
CrossHairs[2]=Botpack.CHair3
CrossHairs[3]=Botpack.CHair4
CrossHairs[4]=Botpack.CHair5
CrossHairs[5]=Botpack.CHair6
CrossHairs[6]=Botpack.CHair7
CrossHairs[7]=Botpack.CHair8
CrossHairs[8]=Botpack.CHair9
CrossHairs[9]=FLXH.FLXH //<--- add this at the next available empty slot in the list
CrossHairs[10]=
CrossHairs[11]=
CrossHairs[12]=

then close and save.

Then Run UT and the calibrated dot will be the last one (slider completely to the right) in Preferences, HUD, crosshair types

download link for the FLXH.utx --> http://www.numismaddicts.co.uk/fluke/CalibratedDotXHair.zip

it has made a huge difference to my accuracy and i highly recommend players who use the dot to try this one so you can see for yourself how much more accurate it is compared to the stock UT dot, it is also quite bright with high contrast

ps: that test was done in 1680x1050 resolution, hence why the default dot looks large but the place it hits is the same in any other resolution.

Banny
07-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for this but the dot looks abit small than the old one?

~V~
07-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Also many cheat protections stop custom xhairs from being used on some servers and it usually resets to some default xhair

Diablo
07-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Ive tried it out,its way to transparent for me.Can u make it less transparent? The accuracy is ok,better then the dot im using now.

|uK|kenneth
07-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Ive tried it out.

ofc...

Higor
07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Just center your weapon.
The crosshair moves to the right or to the left if your weapon is on one of those positions.

~V~
07-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Just center your weapon.
The crosshair moves to the right or to the left if your weapon is on one of those positions.

Which is why I use Hidden.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Also many cheat protections stop custom xhairs from being used on some servers and it usually resets to some default xhair

incorrect, Anticheats look for custom HUD extensions, this is a texture and nothing to do with HUD directly, i have used custom XHairs for years.

|uK|Diablo : Hmm, thats strange, its perfect on mine, what resolution do you use? can you show me a SS?

Banny it depends on your resolution, like i put in the first post, my resolution in game is 1680x1050

Higor, that is true but most people i know use right hand weapon hand and this wasnt considered with the HUD crosshairs.

~V~
07-12-2013, 01:27 PM
I have played on servers in the past where custom crosshairs didn't work. Thanks.

Diablo
07-12-2013, 01:40 PM
This is in opengl which i dont use,had to make ss in opengl cuz in d3d9 it was way to dark.
And i use the resolution of 1024x768.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7779/3dl.bmp

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3308/1bd8.png

'Zac
07-12-2013, 02:07 PM
probably a little bug with the texture used to make it Fluke

Higor
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Nothing like my animated crosshair... and no SAM, i'm not using it :trollpiss:

Chamberly
07-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Animated crosshair? Rainbow crosshair? ^^ Higor

Higor
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Let's just say it's 'illegal'

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-12-2013, 03:22 PM
that is weird diablo, looks like a renderer fault though, maybe if more download and try it then it might shed some light as to why you get this, i checked it on mine with OGL all resolutions and it was fine on all of them, so i dont really know what to suggest, transparency is set client side, that's what makes me think its your renderer settings.

~V~ I have been playing since dec 1999 and i have used custom crosshairs since 2000 and I have never seen or know of any anticheat that can pick up a custom crosshair for any reason at all, its when the canvas is altered, THEN you may get kicked, how about you show me where this so called anticheat is and we will see who is right, especially as i have used every anticheat known to UT since 2004 as that is when i first coded RocketX and invested in my own server, the whole time using custom cross hairs, so no "Thanks" necessary.

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
you cant use custom crosshairs on EUT servers, think PURE or anthchecker was the same not sure

~~D4RR3N~~
07-12-2013, 09:16 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};61514]ncorrect, Anticheats look for custom HUD extensions, this is a texture and nothing to do with HUD directly, i have used custom XHairs for years.

On siege server, maybe, but combo server doesnt let me use custom xhairs, it just reset it to a default one, as ~V~said

--- Updated ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFBxa5Qp5k THIS is the xhair i'd like to have, never gets lost on backgrounds, just changes color according tot eh bg color
GitzZz <3

'Zac
07-12-2013, 09:21 PM
you know its just a colored green dot right darren

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Nothing like my animated crosshair... and no SAM, i'm not using it :trollpiss:

I already made i animated crosshair (a rotary cross), but it's useless kkkk, dont help in any shit for concentrate in the crosshair, nothing is better than my classic dot.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/highadrian/Shot0102_zps954c0432.jpg (http://s922.photobucket.com/user/highadrian/media/Shot0102_zps954c0432.jpg.html)

(little SS as my UT resolution)

THIS is the xhair i'd like to have, never gets lost on backgrounds, just changes color according tot eh bg color
GitzZz <3

I think this crosshair has only opacity, if you put in a shine surface, you wouldnt can see it as all other CHs
GitzZz is a brazilian player, chupa

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-13-2013, 06:40 AM
you cant use custom crosshairs on EUT servers, think PURE or anthchecker was the same not sure

Thats weird because i have used custom crosshairs with EUT, pure, Anthchecker, UTDC and ACE and never had a problem, i have ran all of them on my servers as some point and pretty much always use a custom mini + crosshair

I only recently changed to the dot recently.

~~D4RR3N~~ thats odd, i play on combo and it never changes my Xhair.

Do i have some hax i dont know about?..:S

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-13-2013, 08:26 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};61553]Thats weird because i have used custom crosshairs with EUT, pure, Anthchecker, UTDC and ACE and never had a problem, i have ran all of them on my servers as some point and pretty much always use a custom mini + crosshair

I only recently changed to the dot recently.

~~D4RR3N~~ thats odd, i play on combo and it never changes my Xhair.

Do i have some hax i dont know about?..:S

was probably crosshairs that were part of the serverside packages or whitelisted as safe

all i can say to the others is ive gone through custom crosshairs and never found anything better than the standard UT green dot....

'Zac
07-13-2013, 01:19 PM
hey fluke i have a problem, i did all the things needed to put the crosshair in UT, but it doesnt work :/ in UT it doesnt show a little box showing it. I tried putting the crosshair on a different number but that didnt work. help plz!

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
show me the whole crosshair section of your user.ini

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-14-2013, 05:19 AM
as long as you have extracted the FLXH.utx into your textures folder then you shouldn't have an issue.

you can replace the sections in your ini that I have posted at the bottom of this post and then you can select it in HUD options in UT.

|uK|B|aZe//. if you use Right weapon hand blaze then this makes the shot a lot more accurate especially at long range, my aim has improved by at lease 50% since using this, This crosshair is only for Right weapon hand users and if you love the normal ut dot then this one will make you change for sure, I no longer have to zoom with sniper to get long range hits and the accuracy is spot on.

'Zac if you still have problems with the crosshair then let me know and i will do it for you, but replacing the lines in your User.ini with what i posted below should solve it.

|uK|Diablo I think i may have found your problem, look at the pic below ( I notice you use green dot) , check the HUD tab in options, make sure the "CrossHair Color Green" Slider is all the way to the right, the lower the slider is, the more transparent the crosshair will be. check that setting as this is the only thing i could find within UT which makes the crosshair transparent

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/XhairTrans.jpg

Also I must stress the images in my first post are for 1680x1050 and that is the biggest the crosshair is, lower resolutions will make it even smaller, but not unusable, the smallest i have seen it is like the head of a pin but as long as you are using a decent color for your crosshair then it wont matter (I personally think gold is the best color for a crosshair)

if you think nothing is better than the UT dot, then you will love this crosshair.

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=9

[Botpack.ChallengeHUD]
bUseTeamColor=True
FavoriteHUDColor=(R=16,G=0,B=0,A=0)
CrosshairColor=(R=16,G=16,B=0,A=0)
HudScale=0.800000
Opacity=9
StatusScale=1.000000
WeaponScale=1.000000
bHideAllWeapons=False
bHideStatus=False
bHideAmmo=False
bHideTeamInfo=False
bHideFrags=False
bHideHUD=False
bHideNoviceMessages=false
bHideFaces=True
FontInfoClass=Botpack.FontInfo
CrosshairCount=10
CrossHairs[9]=FLXH.FLXH
CrossHairs[10]=
CrossHairs[11]=
CrossHairs[12]=
CrossHairs[13]=
CrossHairs[14]=
CrossHairs[15]=
CrossHairs[16]=
CrossHairs[17]=
CrossHairs[18]=
CrossHairs[19]=

'Zac
07-14-2013, 01:33 PM
show me the whole crosshair section of your user.ini

CrosshairCount=30
CrossHairs[2]=FLXH.FLXH << i tried putting this in a different spot but still doesnt work.
CrossHairs[9]=1337patsui.1337patsui < leet crosshair
Crosshairs[10]=
CrossHairs[11]=
CrossHairs[12]=

Chamberly
07-14-2013, 02:35 PM
CrosshairCount=30

Try setting this to 10.

'Zac
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Try setting this to 10.

thanks, but this crosshair is SUPER small, itslike 1 pixel

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-14-2013, 04:30 PM
yes, it is a single pixel but it is rounded so takes up some of the other pixels

personally zac, i would do this.

CrosshairCount=11
CrossHairs[9]=1337patsui.1337patsui < leet crosshair
Crosshairs[10]=FLXH.FLXH << Put it here with crosshair count set on 11.
CrossHairs[11]=
CrossHairs[12]=

again just in case people skip the info in my posts, this is better for High Resolutions mainly, lower resolutions will shrink it and make it harder for you to use, you can see in my first post how big the cross hair is for me and is for RIGHT WEAPON HAND only!!!

I am surprised in this day and age that most UT players don't use a higher resolution.

Banny
07-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I use 1280x1024, will i face any problem?

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
you can correct crosshair scale with the following command just play around with it with this crosshair of flukes and it will scale up or down

if its too small

mutate ace crosshair scale 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0 or 2.5 etc etc whatever size you want keep going up

if too big follow the above but backwards so from like 2.0 to 1.0 to 0 to -1.0 -2.0 etc

and thanks anyway but the crosshair I use for weapons ctf non zp and siege are different cause I aim differently between both mods

~~D4RR3N~~
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
AdRiaN;61545]GitzZz is a brazilian player, chupa
You think im fucking retarded? GitzZz WAS fuckin german... you chupa, and chupa it until it gets so wet that it breaks! chupa duro, mah friend

Higor
07-14-2013, 09:21 PM
There's a lot of germans and german colonies in Brazil, just sayin'

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-15-2013, 05:29 AM
There are more Germans in Spain than there is in Germany! it seemed like that when i lived there anyway.

SAM
07-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Some people complain that the combo server changes their FOV, hud and what not...although I have not experienced this myself and since I can't reproduce this...it's not something that can be fixed -.-

Higor
07-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Some people complain that the combo server changes their FOV, hud and what not...although I have not experienced this myself and since I can't reproduce this...it's not something that can be fixed -.-

You have an excessive amount of crap on the combo server dude, just sayin'
(I'm not editing my Combo mutator, should work fine in any vanilla ZP environment)

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-15-2013, 06:15 PM

changes their FOV because its out of the range most likely i.e. below 80 or above 120...

HUD could be scaling issues with the crosshair and stuff

SAM
07-15-2013, 06:22 PM
(I'm not editing my Combo mutator, should work fine in any vanilla ZP environment)

The only thing that would remotely change anything is PURE....as blaze said it would be because they are below or above FOV range....

|uK|chiseller
07-16-2013, 09:22 AM
That's why we need it on the siege server as well. SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM

|uK|MiniWick
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I used to use the candy cane dot crosshair..would change multiple colors so I would never lose it :) I think Dimebag gave it to me I forget who made it though.

'Zac
07-22-2013, 03:54 AM
something awfully weird here, flukes dot/circle thing ISNT centered for me, but i remeber that i made a centered dot in my photoshop like a year back and overwritten it as the default dot but when i take wall tests, its like perfectly centered......... cuz i remember using a weird tactic/way to find the perfect center of the crop and just made it 4 pixels 2x2 on a masked 256x256 pic because the default dot was really fucked...
whooaa

Chamberly
07-22-2013, 04:53 AM

I saw somewhere about some kind of vanilla download and play long time ago and I got confused... vanilla map??? Anyhow I got very confused and it didn't seem to work. lmao. mod or something.

--- Updated ---

I used to use the candy cane dot crosshair..would change multiple colors so I would never lose it I think Dimebag gave it to me I forget who made it though.

I still have it. lol. RainbowZ.AniZ-dot.RZ-dot_1

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-22-2013, 04:02 PM
by "Vanilla environment" it means completely default with no other mods or maps outside of Default.

Higors comment is arrogant.

Chamberly
07-22-2013, 04:44 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};62020]by "Vanilla environment" it means completely default with no other mods or maps outside of Default.

Ah ok, thanks.

L33t
08-30-2013, 10:39 AM
definetly have to try this

L33t
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
ok, i tried it but it seems that it just makes a duplicate of the crosshair that is listed last
also got penis stuck in ceiling fan

here's the section of the ini

[Botpack.ChallengeHUD]
bUseTeamColor=True
FavoriteHUDColor=(R=0,G=0,B=16,A=0)
CrosshairColor=(R=16,G=16,B=0,A=0)
HudScale=0.600000
Opacity=9
StatusScale=0.900000
WeaponScale=1.000000
bHideAllWeapons=False
bHideStatus=True
bHideAmmo=False
bHideTeamInfo=False
bHideFrags=False
bHideHUD=False
bHideNoviceMessages=false
bHideFaces=True
CrosshairCount=23
CrossHairs[9]=G1BHAIRZ5.5a
CrossHairs[10]=G1BHAIRZ5.5b
CrossHairs[11]=G1BHAIRZ5.5c
CrossHairs[12]=G1BHAIRZ5.5d
CrossHairs[13]=G1BHAIRZ5.5e
CrossHairs[14]=G1BHAIRZ5.5f
CrossHairs[15]=G1BHAIRZ5.5g
CrossHairs[16]=G1BHAIRZ5.5h
CrossHairs[17]=G1BHAIRZ5.5i
CrossHairs[18]=G1BHAIRZ5.5j
CrossHairs[19]=G1BHAIRZ5.5k
CrossHairs[20]=G1BHAIRZ5.cyandot
CrossHairs[21]=G1BHAIRZ5.golddot
CrossHairs[22]=FLXH.FLXH
FontInfoClass=Botpack.FontInfo

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-30-2013, 11:56 AM
thats cause ut can only hold 20 crosshairs at any one time

you can remove some of the g1bhairz like 5c 5b etc or whatever you dont want to make space for others.. will work that way

L33t
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
ah ok, thanks blaze

utbusta
08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
I made the same thing back in the day or map making, weapons, skins etc .. I think I will try it out.

L33t
09-03-2013, 08:47 AM
is it necessary to use the tested resolution? in the resolution i'm using the shots are hitting low and to the right

|uK|Sponge
09-05-2013, 06:24 PM
This crosshair is too transparent and you cant change the color, its always green.
p.s. I use same res as you 1680x1050 but cant use this, maybe change textures?

|uK|MeNTaL^
09-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Really appreciate the time you put in Fluke, but i tried this last night and it was barley visible.. i think your on to a winner you just need to make it a lot brighter.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-07-2013, 06:28 AM
is it necessary to use the tested resolution? in the resolution i'm using the shots are hitting low and to the right

no, res in "theory" shouldn't make any difference but seems to have proven troublesome for a few people with the dot expanding and turning transparent, this crosshair is a solid color, there is no transparency unless it is set in the HUD settings.

First thing in case you missed it, this crosshair is for Right Hand weapon users ONLY, if you are hidden, center or left then the shot will be off target, center and hidden is already dead on, this one is for Right hand users only, if it is not hitting dead on with dot from any range then you are not using my Xhair.

I have replicated the green (gold for me) faded dot but only in one resolution setting and have no clue why that is happening seeing as it is a simple texture which is black and white, seems some resolutions stretch the Xhair way bigger than it should be, it has worked perfectly for me since day one, made a huge improvement to my aim.

I have remade it if anyone wants to try it and let me know if the large faded dot appears, it shouldn't as I have just spent the last 30 mins checking every single resolution, this time no large faded dot in any Resolution.

http://hof.site.nfoservers.com/DL/FXH.zip

change FLXH.FLXH to FXH.FXH in user.ini

koos
05-26-2015, 03:11 PM
reupload the link please tenx!

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
05-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Here ya go.

http://dirtymoposse.ca/DL/FXH.zip

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-29-2015, 11:02 AM
where is ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} i miss him :<

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
05-30-2015, 01:19 AM
FLuKE has had some health issues these last few years and hopefully he can get a doctor that can actually help him get better soon. Well lets atleast hope he gets better right.

UNrealshots
05-30-2015, 04:58 AM
I hate to hear that I hope FLuKE can get the help he needs and gets better.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-02-2015, 01:06 PM
I think I had his phone number somewhere, I'll text him and see whats up

thanks SC]-[LONG_{HoF}

|uK|fleecey
06-02-2015, 01:20 PM
where is ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} i miss him :<

he was playing siege yesterday, but indeed, i miss him too!

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
06-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Well maybe FLuKE is getting some better attention to his health now.

ZeLf
06-06-2015, 08:38 PM
:smile:

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice to be thought of :smile: , things are starting to settle even though I am losing the use of my legs, don't want to go into the whole thing, its depressing.

I have been having a good few games lately, I have to really dose up on meds to be able to tolerate it, but I will take any social interaction I can achieve. :)

TimTim
07-17-2015, 06:02 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};94955']Nice to be thought of :smile: , things are starting to settle even though I am losing the use of my legs, don't want to go into the whole thing, its depressing.

I have been having a good few games lately, I have to really dose up on meds to be able to tolerate it, but I will take any social interaction I can achieve. :)

That's rough, man. I don't really know you, but I'm sorry to hear about a fellow UT player (or anyone really) going through something like that. I can't imagine. Hang in there dude. We UT players are a special breed. :)

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Agreed tim :p