Siege Ultimate [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate

Koala
03-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Yes the rumors are true, there's a new Siege! It's finished and is now in the final testing phase and once we get a pug going on it we'll be able to see how well everything works and can make one more round of changes to things like buildings costs and strength etc if needed before the final public release.

I'm going to try to cover every single change made to the new version in this topic but there's so much to cover I can't guarantee I won't leave anything out...

Anyway first of all HUGE THANKS to nOs*Wildcard for providing the source to SiegeXtreme3 which this version is based on. Even though it's heavily modified from SX3, without his providing the original source files and help and instructions on how to use them this release wouldn't have been possible, so he deserves as much credit as anyone.

Why make a new siege?

The purpose of this version is to have a more attacker-friendly version of siege, that rewards skill over noobish lame gameplay. We felt the current version has become too focused on just building up indestructible bases until the team with the most nukes wins or the game goes to overtime in which case people leave or vote a new map. We wanted to make a version that rewards the team that has the balls to leave their base and attack even wtihout nukes, not the team that builds the most forcefields and super containers and camps them and only attacks when their nukes are finished building.

This version includes tons of bug fixes, gameplay changes, new Weapons category, and new buildings to replace old, seldom-used buildings. Well without further ado here are all the changes.

Bug Fixes

Tons of bugs have been fixed, including:

- Nukes are completely fixed, and will no longer crash certain maps. Yes you can now nuke your heart out on Bad Neighbors Ultimate or Snowy Village without crashing! The nuke effect looks exactly the same, nothing has been toned down, just a bug fix.

- No more nuking through walls damaging things on the other side of the walls.

- No more repairing players with 400 health bringing them back down to 150.

- Multigunning is gone for good! (This was Wildcard's fix, not mine)

- You no longer have to shoot your core at the start of the game to display its true score, and when you repair the core, it updates in real time without having to shoot it (also Wildcard's fix, not mine)

- Special weapons (like hyper leecher and blue gun) have their own ammo classes now, so they won't drain other weapons; for example firing the blue gun won't drain your pulse gun anymore.

General Gameplay Changes

- The Base Core now gives out much more RU and personal points when attacked. In addition, whoever kills the core gets 1000 points added to their score at the end of the game. Hopefully this will encourage players to attack the core more and the supplier less.

- Each team now has full permanent immunity for 1 Supplier, 1 Super Supplier, and 1 Super Health Pod. Attacking any of these buildings will give out no RU and will not damage the building. If you build additional suppliers however, they will not be immune, so you won't be able to use a bunch of suppliers as invincible forcefields. This should make it so there's less of a need to build a huge Taj Mahal around your supplier area, with a sign that says "please nuke me".

- The RU gems that spawn at the beginning of the game are now completely equal on both sides, all of them are worth 50 a piece. No more crying that the other team got a bunch of 240's and all you got was a bunch of white ones.

- WC allowed Jetpack + metal suit in SX3, and also allowed special weapons to be refillable in the sup, but both those things have been reverted to prevent lameness.

- The stronger fortification buildings have limits on how many you can build per team, see the list of building descriptions below for full details.

Cosmetic Changes

- Thanks to WC every building is able to be textured now! This allowed me to skin all the buildings with fire and ice textures, to replace the boring plain red and blue textures.

- New sounds! The nuke explosion has a new sound effect, and there are some new sounds related to the new buildings.

- New animated crosshair for guiding nukes!

- The building animation (all those little white dots that go into the building when you first build it) looks more slick.

- The text that displays the build categories and building names on your constructor no longer overflows the screen unless you have a ridiculously low resolution. You should be able to see the whole phrase "Super Protector" instead of just "Super".

- New team icons on HUD, with your basecore percent displayed out of 100 instead of out of 20.

List of All Building Changes

Fortification Category

Container - Upgrading a container to level 4 actually does something now!

Container X - removed

Super Container - Limited to 2 per team. Slightly bigger than before.

Booster - Same as before

Super Booster - Same as before

Protector - removed

Super Protector - Same as before

Guardian - removed

Poison Guardian - Limited to 1 per team. Made slightly weaker.

Platform - Same as before

Motion Alarm - Made a little stronger so it's not so easy to kill. Cost changed to 400.

Nuke Siren - New building! The Nuke Siren sounds an alarm (an air raid siren sound effect) when an incoming nuker gets within its range. They don't have to have their nuke out, they only need to have one in their inventory. Upgrading the siren increases its detection range. Cost 1200 RU.

Mini Shield - New building, replaces Supplier X since those were only used as shields anyway.

Forcefield - Limited to 1 per team.

Supply Category

Supplier - Now permanently immune.

Supplier X - removed

Health Pod - removed

Super Supplier - Now permanently immune.

Super Health Pod- Now permanently immune.

Shrinker - The Shrinker is back! It's buildable as a regular building (no factory in this version). For those who don't know what the Shrinker is, it is a supplier-like building that when you get inside it shrinks your player down to bug size! The effect only lasts for 2 minutes and then you grow normal again.

Special Items Category

Shieldbelt - Same as before

Jump Boots - Same as before

Super Jump Boots - New building! Same as the jump boots except you jump much higher. Cost 600 RU.

Speed - Price reduced from 750 to 650.

Invisibility - Same as before

Damage Amplifier - Fixed! It's now an actual real damage amp that works, just like the one that spawns in the middle.

Weapons Category

Hyper Leecher - Now a buildable item! Cost 350 RU.

ASMD Pulse Rifle - Now a buildable item! Cost 800 RU.

Flame Thrower - New weapon! Shoots fire and can set the enemies buildings on fire! The enemy buildings will flame up and slowly lose their health until they are repaired. You get the RU and points from them while they are on fire slowly decaying. Buildings need only be repaired once for the fire to be put out. Cost 1500 RU

Warhead - New crosshair when you alt fire the nuke! Nukes that are shot down will disintegrate instead of explode, making it more rewarding to shoot down nukes. To compensate for this nukes have been made slightly more powerful. Nukes now work on Snowy Village and bad Neighbors Ultimate without crashing.

Invincible Warhead - Same changes as above

Teleport Category

Teleporter - Same as before

Tele Network - Same as before

Translocator - Same as before

Homing Becaon - removed due to lameness

Explosives Category

Mine - Now when a player with a nuke gets killed by your mine, it counts for the "Top Warhead Defender" list on F3. Also, if they are carrying 2 nukes, it announces that they were carrying two warheads!

Super Mine - Same changes as above

Rocket Cannon - Price reduced from 600 to 400.

Bio Bomb - Price reduced from 500 to 350.

Mortor Bomb - Same as before

EMP Bomb - New building! The EMP bomb explodes where you build it, but doesn't damage any player or building. Instead it temporarily disables all enemy buildings within its blast radius until those buildings are repaired (they need only be repaired once). While they are disabled, they won't perform their main funtion; protectors won't shoot, containers won't heal, suppliers won't supply, mines won't explose, etc. This gives your team a short window of opportunity to attack. This is a very teamwork-oriented item and will only be effective if you coordinate it into an overall attacking strategy with your team. Cost 1500 RU.

Neutron Bomb - New building! When finished building, this drops a bomb down to the ground directly below where you built it, and when it hits the ground it explodes similar to a warhead but more devastating. Cost 4000 RU.

Suits Category

All suits are the same as before, except Scuba Gear has its price reduced from 350 to 250.

Keybinds should work for every building now, although I haven't taken the time to figure out what the binds are for each one. If someone wants to figure that out and post it up, feel free.

Screenshots

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//1-Basecore.jpg

Above: More slick graphics and HUD

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//2-RU.jpg

Above: All RU gems are worth 50 and are equal on both sides of the map.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//3-Supplier.jpg

Above: Full immunity for Super Supplier and Super Health Pod.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//4-Shrinker.jpg

Above: The Shrinker in action!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//5-Flamethrower.jpg

Above: Special weapons are now buildable, like this new one, the Flame Thrower.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2111ff9.jpg

Above: The Flame Thrower in action, setting enemy buildings on fire.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//6-Crosshair.jpg

Above: New animated crosshair for guided nukes!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//7-Nuke.jpg

Above: Nuke to your heart's content on Bad Neighbors Ultimate without crashing.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/22/2770493//8-EMP.jpg

Above: The EMP Bomb exploding.

Well I think that just about covers everything. Like I said we'll be testing it on the pug server this weekend and unless anything else needs changing the public release should be soon.

audiosonic
03-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Good job man, looks great.

Of course we'll have to see how it plays, but nonetheless good job.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-31-2011, 05:19 AM
this is awesome im about to play it in single player mode :o

Feralidragon
03-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Well, I must say: WOW!

I was seriouslly thinking in building a new siege myself (more warfare oriented, also giving more advantage to attackers and enhancing the graphics, something a bit different from the original siege), but now seeing this awsome work made, there's no doubts, I simply don't need to do one anymore :D

Btw, I have 3 questions:
1 - Let's say in the future I want to make new buildings or add weapons or add drivable stuff to the gametype, can I by just tweaking the ini and adding my stuff there, or is this Siege version hardcoded regarding buildings?
A modular Siege setup would come really in handy to add or remove buildings if necessary without having to recompile the whole thing.

2 - During how much time was this under development?

3 - Who worked in this new version (I know WildCard and Scar worked on it, but who more)?

Either ways, very good job, I really mean it, looking forward to play it when it finds its way to the main server.

EDIT: Btw, one sugestion: I see that the shrinker makes your player small, but it seems it keeps the size of the weapon. You should make it so the weapon could also shrink (while shrinking the player where you reduce the drawscale of the player, you can also reduce the thirdviewscale of the weapons the player posesses, and attach an object to check any further picked up weapon to make this change, and when the player returned to normal, you could restore the thirdviewscale by its defaults).
Just my 2 cents ofc.

A^3
03-31-2011, 05:43 AM
Looks great. Just had 1 question. Is this going to be a public release after testing or for uK only.

Blackout
03-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Now about super suppliers not giving out RU, did you make sure it's made for the immune supplier only? People will just use super suppliers as force fields since they give out no RU.

Make the Damage amp more costly if it's fixed, and make the pulse gun more. Damage Amp + Pulse = gg.

Koala
03-31-2011, 06:33 AM
1 - Let's say in the future I want to make new buildings or add weapons or add drivable stuff to the gametype, can I by just tweaking the ini and adding my stuff there, or is this Siege version hardcoded regarding buildings?

It's still hardcoded, making it modular would basically involve remaking the whole thing from scratch which is a project of much greater scope and time commitment...

2 - During how much time was this under development?

The changes from SX3 to this one took only a few weeks but basically been coding all hours of the day doing nothing but sleeping and coding (which is why i havent been playing ut lately except for 1 pug). I dont know how long the changes from SiegeXtreme to SX3 took.

3 - Who worked in this new version (I know WildCard and Scar worked on it, but who more)?

Wildcard added the ability to texture all buildings, fixed multigunning, fixed the bug where you have to shoot the core. Scar added tickrate-independant jetpacks that work just as well in leech games. I added everything else described above.

Either ways, very good job, I really mean it, looking forward to play it when it finds its way to the main server.

EDIT: Btw, one sugestion: I see that the shrinker makes your player small, but it seems it keeps the size of the weapon. You should make it so the weapon could also shrink (while shrinking the player where you reduce the drawscale of the player, you can also reduce the thirdviewscale of the weapons the player posesses, and attach an object to check any further picked up weapon to make this change, and when the player returned to normal, you could restore the thirdviewscale by its defaults).
Just my 2 cents ofc.

Check your PM's :)

Koala
03-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Now about super suppliers not giving out RU, did you make sure it's made for the immune supplier only? People will just use super suppliers as force fields since they give out no RU.

Make the Damage amp more costly if it's fixed, and make the pulse gun more. Damage Amp + Pulse = gg.

Only the first one you build is immune, any additional sups can be killed and give out RU

The Damage Amp is 2000

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-31-2011, 06:44 AM
blackout it only gives immunity to one super sup normal sup and super health pod if u build more past that they arent immune and will die and give ru out

damage amp costs the same 2000RU but i agree it should be pushed higher because it is now a normal one that rapes with any weapon in the inventory

i can say i just tested this and it really is awesome just gotta put it to a proper game and see what chaos it causes and trust me there will be LOADS

|uK|MiniWick
03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Can I have a download or some sort, maybe tonight we can get on and test, I have yet to see it !

B|iss
03-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Price of minishield and shrinker?

Koala
03-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Oops... minishield is 700 and shrinker is 3000

|uK|Tomahawk
03-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Is it going to be on the pug server? If so i cant wait to try it and out and very good job Koala you have my thanks and hopefully all the noob games will stop:)

Feralidragon
03-31-2011, 07:23 AM
It's still hardcoded, making it modular would basically involve remaking the whole thing from scratch which is a project of much greater scope and time commitment...
Awww.... :(
Btw, you would never need to "remake all of it" to at least allow new stuff into it or disable what comes with it, you would just need to add more code to siege actually (config variables and config structured arrays).

The changes from SX3 to this one took only a few weeks but basically been coding all hours of the day doing nothing but sleeping and coding (which is why i havent been playing ut lately except for 1 pug). I dont know how long the changes from SiegeXtreme to SX3 took.
I thought it took longer, good job there. :)

Wildcard added the ability to texture all buildings, fixed multigunning, fixed the bug where you have to shoot the core. Scar added tickrate-independant jetpacks that work just as well in leech games. I added everything else described above.
Roger that. :)

Koala
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Well thanks to Feralidragon for very quickly modifying the Shrinker so it shrinks your weapons too :)

SAM
03-31-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm going to be adding scorefix that I wrote a few months ago.

This should be on pug/pub tonight

terminator
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
What about platforms? Will u fix it or u did that already? They make troubles even when destroyed :/

SilverWing
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
What about platforms? Will u fix it or u did that already? They make troubles even when destroyed :/

i tihnk wildcard fixed it ill ask him again

Koala
03-31-2011, 12:21 PM
i tihnk wildcard fixed it ill ask him again

nope

lercs12
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Looks really really cool, and i want that new 4000 ru bomb, cant wait to try it, good work guys.

but i have an important question:
whit all these new textures and efects, how posible is that some pc´s cant handle this new siege???

Koala
03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Looks really really cool, and i want that new 4000 ru bomb, cant wait to try it, good work guys.

but i have an important question:
whit all these new textures and efects, how posible is that some pc´s cant handle this new siege???

The textures should make no difference since they're the same resolution as the old ones, they were just made to look better. It's actually quite possible this new siege will run faster... one interesting thing I discovered is that there are many places in the SiegeXtreme code where it checks to see if the player is looking through a camera (an xxl2g building) before executing certain chunks of code, even though the camera isn't even in SiegeXtreme, which just added a bunch of extra unneeded processing instructions. I weeded all of that out of this version, all references to sgCamera, sgCameraView, etc and functions that depended on them are gone, so it won't constantly check to see if a player is looking through a camera every time they try to do anything in the game. The Mini Shield replacing the SupX should speed things up a little as well, since excessive SupX's tend to lag the server (the SupX checks for players within its radius every 0.1 seconds to see if it should be supplying them, the Mini Shield does not do this). Third thing is, jetpacks will no longer break after a certain number of buildings are built. Forth, nukes don't lag nearly as much when exploding in this version.

|uK|Cube
03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
is it possible to repair and upgrade/build things inside both forcefields?

lercs12
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
those are good news!
thanks

SAM
03-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Released on pub and pug for beta testing.

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Released on pub and pug for beta testing.

OMG *---*

SAM
03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
GO NAO

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm at work now, in 1 hour i'll =/

|uK|0WN-AG3!
03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG

jizzzzz

Moko
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
All right looks nice, and the GFX are nice as well, all in all it looks nice, I'm looking forward to that shrinker thing. xD

I think we could use a few more FF and SC's though. xdd

I assume that if one FF or SC is killed you can rebuild...?

Edit: WHATTTTTTTTT!!!!

Framnabbit I gotta wait another day to see it. >.> xd

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Very good!
We've just been massacred by bombs EMP XD

Moko
03-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Is it amazing Anthrax?
Or does it need work?

Tell me tell me!!!! =D
I gotta wait another day to play. xd

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
It's great moko
The SC has doubled the size, flamethower that easily destroy the containers, to use the metal suit with jetpack but what surprised me was that the EMP bomb; D:

Moko
03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Ah, well that's exciting!
My dreading it is going away a little. lol

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
For now is on testing(beta).
Sam is overseeing...

Moko
03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
And waiting like a shark for me to get in to TS so he can torture me.

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
LOL

Moko
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Really, he does. :X

|uK|Anthrax
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
D:

audiosonic
03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
1000 points at end for corekiller unbalances the cookies, which messes the teams up the following map. => Already getting lots of RU from core, I don't think it needs extra emphasis.

Moko
03-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah I think 1000 points is a wee bit over the top, lets say some1 just joined and the core is almost dead, they go from 10-1010 (adding the points they have already) if they kill the core.
If the game is a fast one they can go in first place for killing a 23.0 core.

The_TitanUT
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
It looks good, I have now in the uk server?

Koala
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Everyone remember this is just a beta release, we're keeping a running list of changes to be made to the final release so if you have any suggestions for changes please post them up...

So far the changes to be made to the final version are:
- Shrinker should make you not quite as small (maybe cat size instead of frog size)
- Nuke siren sound effect doesn't work all the time, that will be fixed
- You won't get immunity for a regular sup once your team has a super supplier
- Buildings will be able to be EMP'd and torched at the same time
- Working on thermal visor to be added to the final version

Any other suggestions? Please post them

Moko
03-31-2011, 11:21 PM
This is a wild and insane Idea but...
I just got a brain storm and I'm gonna say it anyways even if I look stupid. xD

Make a special shield belt that's like a mini FF around you so SPs don't harm you, but let it war off like an amp.
So lets say if it's at 0 it lasts 30 seconds, 5 it'll last 3 minutes if I'm doing the math right, 30 seconds more each point you up it.

Just an idea, I'll give you more input if I have any if you still have it up tomorrow too. =)
and Make it like 400 RU.

A^3
03-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Not sure if it can be done. Make the supplier accessible to more then 1 person at a time, like the supper supplier. That may eliminate people in the supplier to long in the beginning of games.

Moko
03-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Not sure if it can be done. Make the supplier accessible to more then 1 person at a time, like the supper supplier. That may eliminate people in the supplier to long in the beginning of games.

This man is brilliant.

B|iss
03-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Questions
Super jump boots: Is there a limit to how high you can jump? Say CTF-Face? Upgrading = more jumps? Plus was it necessary to add it in this version?

Warhead: Upgrading a nuke is still costly? Will it increase speed if upgraded?

EMP Bomb: Temporary disable - What exactly is the time till it fades?

Thoughts:
Teams icon in HUD looks awkward, it looked better in WC's version of SX3.

Texts for build categories that overlowed the screen? Mine went to the middle right, it didn't feel right.

The EMP bomb felt like it disappeared quickly when it was made, i thought it would stay for a few more seconds. At least it could be preventable.

Koala
03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Questions
Super jump boots: Is there a limit to how high you can jump? Say CTF-Face? Upgrading = more jumps? Plus was it necessary to add it in this version?
You jump twice as high as a jumpboots, and upgrading gives you more jumps

Warhead: Upgrading a nuke is still costly? Will it increase speed if upgraded?
It's less expensive than SiegeXtreme, but more expensive than xxl2g, and yes

EMP Bomb: Temporary disable - What exactly is the time till it fades?
Until the buidlings are repaired

Teams icon in HUD looks awkward, it looked better in WC's version of SX3.
Do they not look the same for you as they do in the OP?

Texts for build categories that overlowed the screen? Mine went to the middle right, it didn't feel right.
Are you using a small resolution? I kinda assumed people don't play at 800 x 600 anymore...

The EMP bomb felt like it disappeared quickly when it was made, i thought it would stay for a few more seconds. At least it could be preventable.
That can be done

That can be done too, I think it would be best to have it be 2 people max for the regular sup tho

B|iss
04-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Do they not look the same for you as they do in the OP?

No, its different. Yours is a lower quality one. Nvm, little things anyway. =)

Are you using a small resolution? I kinda assumed people don't play at 800 x 600 anymore...

No, im at full screen like 1024 x 768 something like that...maybe its my pc settings then nvm.

|uK|Litr0
04-01-2011, 12:08 AM
wow amazing great job guys. But I can play this new siege in single player to training? or u have the download or something?

lercs12
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I kinda assumed people don't play at 800 x 600 anymore...

MEEE!!!! MEEE!!!! PRESENT!!!! (is that bad?) (how bad?) (awwwwwwwwwwwww) (****)

Feralidragon
04-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I kinda assumed people don't play at 800 x 600 anymore...

I play at 640x480 in my laptop (because it's very crappy, that's why I develop most of my stuff there: if it runs there, it runs in any PC or server :D ).
I am -xXx- inside the server btw (only play on Fridays and Saturdays). The HUD gets big, but I can still see what really matters, and I can still play, so I guess resolution is not a major issue to anybody.

But in my good PC (which is used 99% of the time by my brother instead lol), I run it at 1024x768 as that's the best resolution for my CRT monitor lol (that's where I do my final testings lol).

As long you use always the resolution scaling and the proper fonts, HUD should never be an issue to anyone.

audiosonic
04-01-2011, 07:11 AM

I have the same thing, feels kinda awkward lol.

I understand this is just beta testing for the final release, but if you play a game now it's even more unbalanced than it was before.

Blackout
04-01-2011, 07:17 AM
After further testing, heres my opinion on a few items:

Super Container - Doesn't Build properly where it's suppose to. (Builds off to the top right of screen or left, doesn't build where you want it to built to)

Flame Thrower - Overpowered, too noobish, if this weapon permanently stays, the other team will be too busy repairing their items and thus become overpowered by the attacking team.

Shrinker - Remove it? Why the hell is it back?

Super Jump boots - Used them, seriously dumbest item ever, needs to be removed indefinitely.

EMP Bomb - Nice weapon, should be 2,000 imo. Since this is here, the flamethrower needs to be thrown out.

I thought this new siege was suppose to make gameplay more pro? This shit makes it even worse than before.

Blackout
04-01-2011, 07:21 AM
someone remove moderation, seriously, wtf.

Koala
04-01-2011, 08:17 AM

I have the same thing, feels kinda awkward lol.

Can you both post screens? So I know what to look for in the code...

|uK|MiniWick
04-01-2011, 08:50 AM
The new siege mod doesn't work , it just re-changes the map to XXL

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I just came...

Gonna test it when i can..

BTW add this to the changes to be made..

FIX THE PLATFORM BUG

audiosonic
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
You need to vote the SGX maps, the SGeX maps don't work because it doesn't recognize the mod so the server restarts it with a different map.

audiosonic
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1084/compar.png
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/9923/compar2.png

1024x768

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Fix the platform.

Koala
04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1084/compar.png
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/9923/compar2.png

1024x768

Can you post the whole screen? I can't tell much from just a corner cutout, but the text is just moved to the left which was intentional so it doesn't overflow... in Xtreme if you select a Super Health Pod for example it would only say Super Health and move the 'Pod' to the next line on the far left...

audiosonic
04-01-2011, 12:59 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9662/ultis.jpg
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9936/extrb.jpg

Blackout
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
my post got approved, check it out SK.

B|iss
04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah i approved it, anyway i hate to say it but i agree with what all Blackout said. It doesn't feel like its ready for the tourny either.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x149/Airwavez/Shot0012.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x149/Airwavez/Shot0013.jpg

See the difference in Team icon HUD?

Moko
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't like being ignored. LoL

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Im gettin the same hud "problems"

FIX THE PLATFORM.

|uK|Anthrax
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Until now I had no problems with anything

SAM
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Until now I had no problems with anything

So what's your problem until now?

|uK|Anthrax
04-01-2011, 05:18 PM
So what's your problem until now?

None.

SAM
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
None.

....usually when someone starts a sentence with "until now" it means that they now have a problem.

Just a quick English lesson ;)

Moko
04-01-2011, 05:23 PM
that was sweet. >.>

I guess no1 likes my idea? LoL XD

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Mokotrololololol.

|uK|Anthrax
04-01-2011, 05:37 PM
....usually when someone starts a sentence with "until now" it means that they now have a problem.

Just a quick English lesson ;)
HAHAHAHA ok ok
No bugs :D

terminator
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
superjumpboots are ok. Useful for some maps, cheaper than jetpack. This is the 1st time i tried shrinker. I don't find it much useful due to it's price. I doubt anyone will use it (maybe someone will but only on public).

1000 score for corekiller is unnecessary. Flamethrower might be good exchange for warhead. Still a very risky to have it.

can u make pulse gun leecher a zp weapon?

Koala
04-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the best changes to be made to the final release are:
- Tone down flamethrower (maybe 50 ammo instead of 100)
- Tone down shrinker (effect last for 1 minute instead of 2)
- Increase build time on EMP to give the other team a chance to kill it first
- Should have some extra features and cosmetic improvements done too

SAM
04-01-2011, 07:34 PM
The 1000 score is messing with player balancing....

Koala
04-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Yeah, never thought of that... that can be taken out

SAM
04-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Well it takes end of game scoring into account as well as time divided by some other shit I can't remember.

Anyway, it does need to go. I really don't want to start a new database. The database we currently have is pretty accurate and does a good job. New db = unknown players and some really badly balanced games lol

|uK|Cube
04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Only thing i dont like is people spamming with the damn flamethrower and no1 knows how to put the fire off xcept the people who actually read <_<
So if 1 team starts spamming the other team is pretty fucked.
My suggestion would be lower the reach the flames get cause it goes waaaay to far.
And remove the fire on building wich you need to repair for and make a timer or something.
And yeah i agree the shrinker does need to be nerved lol.
People look like bugs instead midgets.

Feralidragon
04-02-2011, 06:24 AM
I noticed that last night when I went to try it out. I played about 5 games, only the last one in BlackRiver Ultimate lasted quite a lot (and we lost because no one put off the flames from the core, I was at the enemy base at that moment), but in case I didn't repair the buildings from the flames, it would have lasted way less, the rest just lasted a couple of minutes (no super supliers were even built back then), where one team raped the other easilly.

Also, so you can have an idea on how bad team balancing was, in BlackRiver Ultimate I started on 1st place and finished in 1st place (no one switched rankings with me during the whole match and my team lost btw) in my team, in a well balanced match I am always at 4th or 3rd at maximum, so I am not that good to be in first place. So when I am 1st, it means that the team balancing got pretty f*cked up, so yeah, don't add 1000 points at the end.

- Tone down flamethrower (maybe 50 ammo instead of 100)
The flamethrower is too strong as well. The buildings in flames get destroyed very very fast.

- Tone down shrinker (effect last for 1 minute instead of 2)
I think you should keep the 2 minutes, and instead make so the shrank player gets more vulnerable, so he gets immediatelly killed when stomped and gets perhaps 2x or 3x more damage from weapons.

I have no issues with the players size, I could still headshot them quite a lot, and it's cool to pass through some narrow passages (some new maps may be created with small passages and holes to make best use of this building).

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-02-2011, 06:42 AM
After further testing, heres my opinion on a few items:

Super Container - Doesn't Build properly where it's suppose to. (Builds off to the top right of screen or left, doesn't build where you want it to built to)

fix this

Flame Thrower - Overpowered, too noobish, if this weapon permanently stays, the other team will be too busy repairing their items and thus become overpowered by the attacking team.

i agree with this with the emp bomb theres no need for a flamethrower at all the asmd does pretty much the same thing but doesnt overpower the team too much

Shrinker - Remove it? Why the hell is it back

keep the shrinker i disagree its great on certain maps you obviously wont use this on a map like civilwar unless your smart

Super Jump boots - Used them, seriously dumbest item ever, needs to be removed indefinitely.

i agree with this remove the super boots theres far too many items to project a player and this is the stupidest of all it takes out the use of all the other projecting items

EMP Bomb - Nice weapon, should be 2,000 imo. Since this is here, the flamethrower needs to be thrown out.

totally agree with this

I thought this new siege was suppose to make gameplay more pro? This shit makes it even worse than before.

its still in beta testing there will always be some things that need removing and editing to make it the best

keep suggesting people

few things i remembered

fix platform bug if possible, remove 1000 score core killer, make the shinker shrink a player less i think it should go back to the original shrinking size

think thats it sk

audiosonic
04-02-2011, 06:48 AM
The announcer should shut the hell up.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
the announcer that says ragequit is funny i love it cos most people that get owned do ragequit

anyway SK one last thing i remembered fix the teleporters based on IP addresses

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 09:04 AM
the announcer that says ragequit is funny i love it cos most people that get owned do ragequit

I have a doubt in the case of teleports by ip address, it will not interfere with the connection time someone uses the teleport?

Moko
04-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the range of the flame thrower should be a lil less, and the colors they look pretty....That's the problem. xD

Too much magenta and orange on the red buildings, and the blue buildings look a lil too much like baby blue.
I think it would be better if it wasn't as pretty, because this is a mostly male game, and most men aren't fans of magenta xD, I think different shades of red would be better and a darker blue for the blue side.

Don't get me wrong I think they look really pretty, but they look a lil odd like that. xD

Oh yes, and the rage quite guy is really funny but I think it should only go off like 5 seconds after some1 was killed, everyone who leaves isn't ragequiting. xD

lercs12
04-02-2011, 12:04 PM
shrinker may not be useful in all maps, but is really funny, all the small people, they are like toys,
however, maybe the flame thrower is to strong.
i would like that when someone stops a nuke something happened, like a really really small explosion, really really small, its like a price for stoping the nuke
aaaaaaaaand, why is the new version on the pulbic server?, i thougt it was on testing proces, I say you should keep it in pug for a little longer

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAGE QUIT!

Moko
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah and we got owned yesterday because of the super jump boots, I think they should stay, they are in fact useful.

|uK|Sponge
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah I think 1000 points is a wee bit over the top, lets say some1 just joined and the core is almost dead, they go from 10-1010 (adding the points they have already) if they kill the core.
If the game is a fast one they can go in first place for killing a 23.0 core.

^.^
happened to me, I was attacking the core for about 3 mins and some1 shoot a rocket and killed it, he toke the credit and the points for killing the core ^

-------------------------------------
shrinker+speed+jet=invencible
-------------------------------------
P.S.
Remove the shrinker and the super jump boots please. Thank you

Moko
04-02-2011, 01:52 PM
But I like the shrinker and super jump boots. =(

|uK|Chronox
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Jumb boots are insanenely nooby, jump boots are enough.

Shrinker minimum size should be a less bigger, u actually cant aim at UT Action figures.

Flametrhower is too overpowered, remove it please, or make it at least 3k RU to get one lol.

EMP should cost more !

FIX THE PLATFORM BUG LOL

FIX THE TELEPORTER TELE BUG (IP ADDRESES -,-)

|uK|Sonic
04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
idk if its the new siege version or server but ever since its come on server i lag major and i notice others do to. theres like a time warp delay or soemthing cause im not hitting shit like i was before and now once i hit someone it takes 2 seconds for them to die and for the kill to register. its bs. please fix it idc how u do.

<|Pius|>
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Question: The whole MIDGET WITH A NUKE!!! thing; If you grab your nuke, then enter the shrinker, does it show up still?
Also: I was a midget with inviso and Metal777 saw me mid map no problem as if I wasn't inviso, I'm just wondering if the other "special Items" work when you're small. Speed seems to, but it just restores you to regular 'tall-people' speed.

<|Pius|>
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
found one, but it might be just me. When I tried to throw the asmd pulse rifle, it crashed my game. Not sure if it's the new weapon, or all weapons on the server. This brings to light another issue of being able to toss your fancy spamming weapon, and then pick it up again to replenish it's ammo back to 69 or whatever it seems to always be at when you pick one up that someone dropped. Either way, if you want to toss a weapon to a team mate you should be able to imo.

are
04-04-2011, 05:54 AM
laggy

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
midget + speed dont work

no teamsay

etc etc

Moko
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I think if you're a lil shrimp you should get double damage per bullet, cell, rocket ect.. when shot at.

|uK|Anthrax
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I think if you're a lil shrimp you should get double damage per bullet, cell, rocket ect.. when shot at.
I agree, if you're the size of a missile as it takes damage equal?
I also saw that some people are abusing the size of midget to stand camper.

|uK|Cube
04-04-2011, 04:22 PM

+1
Besides if you people hate the announcer, hate me cause i'm the person who got it into siege ( thanks to wildcard ofc ).

Moko
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
IS there a way to make the announcer only say r-r-r-r-r-AGE-QUIT!!!!!! after someone just died and leave of if the loosing team leaves?

It does get rather annoying after a wile, when you know they didn't really rage quit. xPP

Koala
04-04-2011, 04:36 PM
ragequit sound is being removed and the shrinker is being significantly changed don't worry people every issue that was brought up here is being attended to the next release candidate will be much better

Moko
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
This is a wild and insane Idea but...
I just got a brain storm and I'm gonna say it anyways even if I look stupid. xD

Make a special shield belt that's like a mini FF around you so SPs don't harm you, but let it war off like an amp.
So lets say if it's at 0 it lasts 30 seconds, 5 it'll last 3 minutes if I'm doing the math right, 30 seconds more each point you up it.

Just an idea, I'll give you more input if I have any if you still have it up tomorrow too. =)
and Make it like 400 RU.

Is my idea that bad? Lol

No1 touched it. xD

<|Pius|>
04-04-2011, 06:32 PM
or just make a person able to spawn the rubber suit, make it cost like 500 that way protectors wouldn't shoot at you. and the metal suit should be like 800-1000

Moko
04-04-2011, 06:56 PM
You don't have to talk to me like I'm an idiot. >.>

I'm just saying some feed back 4 pages or whatever ago would of been nice. lol xD

Koala
04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Moko the rubber suit does what you said... I suggested the idea of being able to build the suits before but it was shot down...

Moko
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Some1 could of said that instead of ignoring me. LoL

I don't know, I wasn't taught almost anything about siege itself. xD

lercs12
04-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I have a crazy idea like moko too, ill make an image...

ok, it looks a little bad because of the file format and because I did it on paint :D (btw, the image is supposed to be a part of the bathrooms map)

So, my crazy idea is that you can make some kind of anti-nuke-damage shield with the shock combo, so if you time it right and place it in a good spot, u dont get any/or lots of damage form nukes, ONLY NUKES. Its mostly for that small moment (.000001 seconds) when you see the nuke almost in the ground, u have no time to try to stop it and u say to yourself: "........................sh*t.....................", and then u die. Difficult to do but I guess it would be a nice skill, useful sometimes, not a "win the game" idea anyway.

I know it sounds crazy but let me know what you think :p

<|Pius|>
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
wow dude, if you illustrated a ut siege comic, I'd buy it...that's awesome for paint.

mal
04-05-2011, 03:04 AM
go do something productife with that time my goodness.
the detail he put into it...

are
04-05-2011, 05:55 AM
amazing paint skills

HIGH+CAMILO
04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
amazing paint skills

I must agree.

But hell of crazy idea for sure!!

I must say something about other thing: 1000 points for killing the core? Completely unfair... I´m playing for like one hour, on the last few minutes some noob like ZACK enters and kills the core?? my 999 points will gime 2nd place!!! AND people will save yr damn nukes until the last second, just to get thoose 1000 points, am i right?

The idea to give an extra points is nice, BUT 100 to 200 points MAX. In my noob opinion.

audiosonic
04-05-2011, 08:23 AM
As I said before no need to emphasize the extra points on core since you already get TONS of RU for attacking core.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
sk xfire me sometime il give you a list of changes that need to be made unless you have a set list already

fudddge
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
ahh here is the original thread - thanks!

I really like the new Siege Ultimate but so far I feel the SHRINKER is too much...
Should not be a supplier but a really exspensive suit...

my 2 cents so far...

I suck so I have yet to save up nuf to play with anything else...

EXCEPT for the Nuke Siren, which I never hear a Siren... but then I think its not a sound but a flasshy light thingy...

I assume it lets you know like the motion detector when sumone runs by it with a concealed Nuke.

fudddge
04-05-2011, 09:26 AM
- The Base Core now gives out much more RU and personal points when attacked. In addition, whoever kills the core gets 1000 points added to their score at the end of the game. Hopefully this will encourage players to attack the core more and the supplier less

This is BS to encourage !!! The game is called SIEGE:
A siege is a military blockade of a city or fortress with the intent of conquering by attrition or assault. The term derives from sedere, Latin for "to sit".[1] Generally speaking, siege warfare is a form of constant, low intensity conflict characterized by one party holding a strong, static defensive position...

Attrition warfare is a military strategy in which a belligerent side attempts to win a war by wearing down its enemy to the point of collapse through continuous losses in personnel and matériel.

Just rename your mod "Kill the Core"

Koala
04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
sk xfire me sometime il give you a list of changes that need to be made unless you have a set list already

This is the list I have so far, the things marked 'DONE' are already done...

Change shrinker
[DONE] Tone down Flame Thrower, make non-buildable
Fix nuke siren
Sup loses immunity when you build super sup
Add Thermal Visor
[DONE] Increase EMP & neutron build times
Team-colored spro shots
Remove "rage quit" sound
[DONE] Take out 1000 score
[DONE] Take out Super Jump Boots
Teleporter IP bug
Platform bug
Look at nuke code for negative score fix
[DONE] Look into throw weapon crash

|uK|0WN-AG3!
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
1000 score of core killer was good..

team balancer never worked before neway.. u pussies just cant handle the core raping u get and want prolonged bullshit games full of spam and nuking the sup 100 times even though it gives out no ru

|uK|Chronox
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow good job SK, i would pay u for this if i had a way lol

Moko
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
go do something productife with that time my goodness.
the detail he put into it...

LOL I know right? XD

I was right ownage, you need better socal skillz. xP

Koala
04-05-2011, 01:38 PM
1000 score of core killer was good..

team balancer never worked before neway.. u pussies just cant handle the core raping u get and want prolonged bullshit games full of spam and nuking the sup 100 times even though it gives out no ru

I may add a 'Basecore Killer' to the F3 list and maybe have a diamond gem appear next to their name on the main F1 scoreboard so they can still get the recognition without messing up the cookies

|uK|Chronox
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
That sounds nice :D what about adding a "Nuke" icon to ur teammates name in F1 ? obviously the other teams wont see it lol. so u know whos nuking :D

nOs*Wildcard
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Hmm, I can take that a step further... You just gave me a great idea to build off Chronox Thanks!

OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!! OMG FIRST POST!!!!
win/ http://wildcard.tigzone.com/images/WildcardsSignature.png

|uK|Tomahawk
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I also got a suggustion how about each of us are able to see how many players we killed i know theres a top player killer in f3 stats but it bugs me not knowing how many players i have killed if im not the top player killer

|uK|Chronox
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
OMG IS TAH WHAT DA FAK ? !!!! 111!!

Pay me.

SAM
04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
You should have team warhead carrier on the hud to increase teamwork/covering.

<|Pius|>
04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
You should have team warhead carrier on the hud to increase teamwork/covering.

Great Idea Sam, or a message that broadcasts to your team (kind of like Incoming Nuke but should say outgoing nuke, or BUMRUSH!!!) so you can get cover.

|uK|Anthrax
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Or when someone gets a nuke stay alert over the head with the warning that is nuke, but only people on the team can see.

<|Pius|>
04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
is there a way to integrate team beacon into siege?

|uK|Shiva
04-05-2011, 06:35 PM
There should be an ideas db. This is getting too random chaotic and hard to keep track of, for the developers. I recommend a separate section for game dev suggestions and updates. It definately deserves it.

|uK|chiseller
04-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Nicely done Koala.
Played my first Siege today after approx. over 1 year without UT, really enjoyed the improvements.

SAM
04-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Wow chis are you back?! Tell us some stories when you were on duty man!

|uK|chiseller
04-06-2011, 06:17 AM
I was only on regular duty for 4 weeks as every year, nothing spectacular. 2 more years and I'm done with it.
Though, yes, I'm back to UT at least for today because I keep getting banned in CS:S. :p

audiosonic
04-06-2011, 06:57 AM
For nuke take downs, could you make the nukes invincible to friendly fire? If you nuke an object and at the same time another teammate shoots it with rockets, it just disintegrates, which is kinda lame...

HIGH+CAMILO
04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
That sounds nice :D what about adding a "Nuke" icon to ur teammates name in F1 ? obviously the other teams wont see it lol. so u know whos nuking :D

I like this idea...

Moko
04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I was only on regular duty for 4 weeks as every year, nothing spectacular. 2 more years and I'm done with it.
Though, yes, I'm back to UT at least for today because I keep getting banned in CS:S. :p

Are in millatary? :o

Koala
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
For nuke take downs, could you make the nukes invincible to friendly fire? If you nuke an object and at the same time another teammate shoots it with rockets, it just disintegrates, which is kinda lame...

Yup I will look into that

Koala
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Great Idea Sam, or a message that broadcasts to your team (kind of like Incoming Nuke but should say outgoing nuke, or BUMRUSH!!!) so you can get cover.

Maybe this can be made into a buildable item :)

|uK|chiseller
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
For nuke take downs, could you make the nukes invincible to friendly fire? If you nuke an object and at the same time another teammate shoots it with rockets, it just disintegrates, which is kinda lame...+1 internet to you

Are in millatary? :o
Unless you're retarded or have other physical handicaps military service is mandatory here.

Moko
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
What country are in you?

Only country I know of with that is Sweden...But I'm not really up to date with international militarizes. xd

|uK|chiseller
04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.swedennotswitzerland.com/img/sweden_switzerland.png
Should be enough of a hint :p

|uK|Anthrax
04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
FATALITY !
Chiseller Wins !
Here in brazil also.

Moko
04-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Ah O.K... You guys also have it then. xP
I guess you're stuck in the military too Anthrax..?
Or soon....? lol

|uK|Anthrax
04-06-2011, 02:53 PM
soon D:
but will serve only for 1 year D:

Moko
04-06-2011, 03:03 PM
You'll do fine! ^_^
Moko's rooting for ya! 8D
If you want I'll even pray for you. =P

Go get em' Anthrax!
Just remember in real life camping is allowed. xD

|uK|Anthrax
04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for cheering for me 8D
I'll need you to pray for me moko XD
Maybe a war and I'll have to go D:

Moko
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
K I'll add you to my prayer list. x)

D: I hope no war!! D:

|uK|Anthrax
04-06-2011, 03:36 PM
HAHAHAHA x)
I also hope you never have a war D:

Feralidragon
04-07-2011, 05:55 AM
LOL @ Offtopic

This is BS to encourage !!! The game is called SIEGE:
A siege is a military blockade of a city or fortress with the intent of conquering by attrition or assault. The term derives from sedere, Latin for "to sit".[1] Generally speaking, siege warfare is a form of constant, low intensity conflict characterized by one party holding a strong, static defensive position...

Attrition warfare is a military strategy in which a belligerent side attempts to win a war by wearing down its enemy to the point of collapse through continuous losses in personnel and matériel.

Just rename your mod "Kill the Core"
If we go that way then we should rename many many mods. Even that one or another rule is different, all the "siege" elements are still present, and the very objective of a "siege" is pretty much the same, so your argument is quite pointless.

So, my crazy idea is that you can make some kind of anti-nuke-damage shield with the shock combo, so if you time it right and place it in a good spot, u dont get any/or lots of damage form nukes, ONLY NUKES. Its mostly for that small moment (.000001 seconds) when you see the nuke almost in the ground, u have no time to try to stop it and u say to yourself: "........................sh*t.....................", and then u die. Difficult to do but I guess it would be a nice skill, useful sometimes, not a "win the game" idea anyway.

First off, nice painting skills indeed, I realized imediatelly the bathroom map drawn, good job.
About the idea itself, it's possible. It would drain a bit more of performance on each nuke, but it's possible.

Koala
04-07-2011, 08:59 PM
RC2 is almost done, should be released tomorrow.

|uK|chiseller
04-07-2011, 09:11 PM
After a more extensive Siege session I can't express how utterly annoyed I am by the shrinker. It totally destroys the game.
Also, what's the matter with my score?
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4173/shot0099u.th.png (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/shot0099u.png/)

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-07-2011, 09:23 PM
shrinker shrinks too much make i less shrinkable to a player -.- there like little ants ffs keep it to the original shrinkers size

lercs12
04-07-2011, 09:25 PM
First off, nice painting skills indeed, I realized imediatelly the bathroom map drawn, good job.
About the idea itself, it's possible. It would drain a bit more of performance on each nuke, but it's possible.

thanks, thats what I wanted to hear (about the idea), what else do u guys think about it???

and about the shrinker, gnomes should not be able to use sniper rifle, I think all the other wearpons are ok if u are a gnome.

P.D. there are some really really bad places to un-shrink.... really really bad places.....

.seVered.][
05-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Post you ideas for Siege Ultimate here too...

I don't get BOOSTING notices in spectate mode... please correct

SAM
05-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Why did u bump such an old thread! And what'd you mean you don't get boosted notice in spec? How could you be boosted while spectator...

.seVered.][
05-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Good point, I can't get boosted in spectator mode. It won't show who boosted who? Been a team boosting problem, and I can't do anything about it that's all. So, it's gonna be up to the player to complain about boosting then. Which is fine.

.seVered.][
05-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Why did u bump such an old thread! And what'd you mean you don't get boosted notice in spec? How could you be boosted while spectator...

It's what I do (i'm a troubleshooter). If I can't find any flaws to nag about, then what good am I. :)

SAM
05-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Well we can stop teamboosting if that solves anything although I'm sure there are more tactical advantages being able to boost than not.

|uK|fleecey
05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Well we can stop teamboosting if that solves anything although I'm sure there are more tactical advantages being able to boost than not.

Don't remove teamboosting, it's good in someways.

|uK|kenneth
05-21-2012, 11:13 AM
idd you can use it sometimes to get boosted in the base... so no dont remove it

.seVered.][
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM

I agree, team boosting should NEVER be removed, tactical and fun too...

Weetabix
05-28-2012, 09:09 AM
[;28965']Good point, I can't get boosted in spectator mode. It won't show who boosted who? Been a team boosting problem, and I can't do anything about it that's all. So, it's gonna be up to the player to complain about boosting then. Which is fine.

I know there's a mod/mutator called WhoPushedMe? , and it tells you if you die by being pushed off a cliff by someone else. It'll tell you if someones team-boosting to kill someone, like on Face, but won't if it's just like boosting someone out of the Sup'.

If the mod were added, then you would gain RU by boosting someone to their death, like in face, when someone Combo's you and you go flying off the map.

Just a suggestion.

|uK|kenneth
05-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I know there's a mod/mutator called WhoPushedMe? , and it tells you if you die by being pushed off a cliff by someone else. It'll tell you if someones team-boosting to kill someone, like on Face, but won't if it's just like boosting someone out of the Sup'.

If the mod were added, then you would gain RU by boosting someone to their death, like in face, when someone Combo's you and you go flying off the map.

Just a suggestion.

i told this to sw and he said we have already tryed this, am i right SW?

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-28-2012, 02:36 PM
No room for such stupid mods in siege sorry

Feralidragon
05-29-2012, 05:21 AM
How come WhoPushedMe would be stupid in Siege, Blaze?
If you get teamkilled, you know who killed you (so it's easier to report);
If you push an enemy off the cliff, the kill should count as much as an headshot, combo, etc, specially since it's not that easy to pull off (and it's funny as hell).

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
firstly why add MORE mods to what the server has already when with the right peoples help it can be implemented into siege

secondly why boost someone off when its just as easy to kill them or better yet boost them off and kill them while they are midair

basically im cynical

|uK|kenneth
05-29-2012, 03:52 PM
yet boost them off and kill them while they are midair

I'm still trying to do that lol.

Feralidragon
05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
1 - Either adding a new mod or including into siege, the code and end functionality are pretty much the same (plus, it was made by Wormbo, and if you dare to say you don't know who Wormbo is, then you should throw yourself to the closest garbage can you find as your own punishment :P, and then inform yourself about who this guy is, if you do, then you know the mod works and it's very unlikely to be "stupid"), so?

2 - Why headshoting someone with a sniper if you can do the same with a ripper at a faster firerate?
How many times you want to kill the guy and then he ends up falling, and you don't get the so earned kill and RU and the game assumes he suicided so the guy looses quite a bit of RU and a frag is decremented, the very definition of "unfair".

SAM
05-29-2012, 06:29 PM
(plus, it was made by Wormbo, and if you dare to say you don't know who Wormbo is, then you should throw yourself to the closest garbage can you find as your own punishment :P

LOL

2 - Why headshoting someone with a sniper if you can do the same with a ripper at a faster firerate?
How many times you want to kill the guy and then he ends up falling, and you don't get the so earned kill and RU and the game assumes he suicided so the guy looses quite a bit of RU and a frag is decremented, the very definition of "unfair".

I've thought about adding whopushedme on various ocassions but never did. Just one of those things that I never got round to doing but I guess I will eventually lol

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-30-2012, 07:42 PM
whats more humiliating on a person who gets pushed off to lose 50 ru instead of 10ru when being killed?

or to be pushed off not lose 50 ru via the mod and give the enemy player ru of 50/10?

ANYWAY

SAM
05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Reopened

Don't close threads that are hugely productive discussion

Keith
05-31-2012, 06:49 AM
WHY BOTHER ROFL

Feralidragon
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
One thing is falling off by yourself (that's humiliating, and should indeed count as suicide), another is getting pushed by someone at the middle of a fight (not humiliating at all, specially considering the excessive amount of momentum and high range splash some weapons have and the narrow space you can freely move around in maps like Facing Worlds for instance) and the thing is: the attacker doesn't get any RU, and the other looses the same amount as if he suicided when he didn't suicide at all, thus that isn't in the slightest bit: FAIR), and WhoPushedMe takes both into account, so justice can be made.

Actually, I always found weird why falls *always* count as suicide anyway (it's like you pushing a person off a cliff, and not counting as murder, but suicide instead, isn't that weird to say at least? Same analogy here).

PS.: Next time give me a chance to reply to you instead of recklessly closing the topic in the middle of a discussion, ok? Closing topics after an attempt to make a point to have the last word doesn't make one win an argument, actually it's the other way around.
I didn't like that attitude of yours in the slightest bit, so I ask you to play nice next time, I won't just swallow it and shut up, mind you.

SAM
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
And actually, ferali's recent contribution here have been invaluable and he's never rude to anybody so don't give him a hard time for no reason. He is in fact helping us in developing a better siege so give him some respect. It is due.

|uK|Shiva
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
But you will swallow :eek-new:

Hehe jk... lay off ferali whoever!

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
i never closed any threads what the fuck are you talking about?

i was taking part in the discussion so please learn to not throw wild accusations when i havent done something i was perceived to do.

im pretty sure if you looked hard enough you would find out who it really was

Feralidragon
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Sorry Blaze...

The thing is, you made the last reply, ended it in an ambiguous "CAPS LOCK ON" way, then... bam, closed, so I assumed it was you.
I PMed Scar first about it, from there I was certain it was you (from his reply...), so...

Anyway, whoever closed it (since I have no way to know for sure until someone speaks up), please don't close such topics when there's an ongoing discussion.

So Blaze, you were saying... (about the falling from ledges and such...)? :)

.seVered.][
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I've noticed that too... some closing and some SCHTICKY thread's popping up out of no where>.... wasn't me...

Moskva
05-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Closed thread? QUE

SAM
05-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Whoever is closing, seriously don't make me work to find who it is because you won't receive nice treatment.

Thanks

terminator
06-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Until we find who it was, let's all blame Blaze for that :P

audiosonic
06-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Those midget fingers just couldn't resist to lock the thread

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
how about you go fuck yourself you useless sack of shit

Moskva
06-01-2012, 10:32 PM
LOL

|uK|kenneth
06-02-2012, 02:54 AM
how about you go fuck yourself you useless sack of shit

rofl

|uK|Grimreaper
06-02-2012, 06:03 AM
ROFL MIDGET FINGERS!

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
a special one for you

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkRgdf_4uqD_l_vjYqs_Q0hCLSmVduI mDTMWXXpkRgIexiBlGIIg