PDA

View Full Version : frames per second in Unreal

i_remember_my
08-04-2013, 08:52 PM
the issue is as follows:
when joining any server eg-one night stand - my connexion is stabilized and also the frames.
if I play on a server and then play a game of practice (no connexion) no problems.
but after a few seconds, if I play in a game of practice, begins to accelerate and decelerate the game, is very rare.
there is any program or file that I stabilize the frames of the unreal?
then so I can play a game (no connexion) I have to enter the server and then out, then I can play quietly in unreal (no connexion) with stabilized frames.

Chamberly
08-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Do you have more than 1 CPU?

Have you tried using the dual-core fix?
http://utdatabase.99k.org/files/ut99/updates/Dual_Core_UT_Fix.zip

or does Multi-core fix work better?
http://utdatabase.99k.org/files/ut99/updates/UT99_ver436_MultiCoreFix.zip

Hopefully one of these will work.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-05-2013, 07:28 AM
the thing that stabilizes it on the servers is ACE, it basically limits it to one core or whatever setting you want it at to be to stabilize frames, whats happening in practice mode is when your ut is using all cores and speeding up and slowing down as a result to what the CPU is doing while in practice mode.

you need one of those fixes to fix this problem depending on amount of cores if its a core 2 duo first link, if its a quad core second link

i_remember_my
08-07-2013, 12:42 AM
thank you, thank you very much I finally understand how it works unreal thank you.

Dr.Flay
08-07-2013, 10:10 AM
You seem to be using a Laptop for gaming. This is rare on a real PC.
U1 engine games do not behave well when the CPU keeps changing speed.
They also only use 1 core.

Depending on the CPU you have, there are official updates you can stabilise your system with.

Alternatively (if you have access) you can over-ride the power management.

i_remember_my
08-07-2013, 10:55 AM
You seem to be using a Laptop for gaming. This is rare on a real PC.
U1 engine games do not behave well when the CPU keeps changing speed.
They also only use 1 core.

Depending on the CPU you have, there are official updates you can stabilise your system with.

Alternatively (if you have access) you can over-ride the power management.

if it is solved, thanks to Chamberly the help, it was the second link, I andubo well thanks.
the truth any information that could give is:
I have windows xp professional 64 bit
2 processors.
1 g of ram etc.
but it was changed to other similar portable computer and put all the settings of the other pc unreal to fatal new works.

SAM
08-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Just go to one of our servers and then leave. The optimisation is applied until you close ut. So you should play local game after visiting server

i_remember_my
08-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Just go to one of our servers and then leave. The optimisation is applied until you close ut. So you should play local game after visiting server

good is to place on a server that game optimization tool.

Chamberly
08-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Nice pic! ;)

i_remember_my
08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Nice pic! ;)

thanks Chamberly