View Full Version : CTF-'uK-Bathrooms][FIXED][V2

SAM
08-10-2013, 08:13 AM
'Zac TDNConvict The map reskinned has problems. Please fix before upload

http://i.imgur.com/GMepqb2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MI2XYzH.jpg

SAM
08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Also for Aleria please provide all the relevant files. ZephonTechStuff is missing.

SAM
08-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Triple post!

Zac you need to pay attention when you reskin....it's all good and well but it should be better not worse than the previous version...

|uK|kenneth
08-10-2013, 09:32 AM
rofl

Moskva
08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
No words for this really

'Zac
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM
1 oh didnt see that bsp. hold ill try and fix it
2 aleria did have all the files, no one complained but ill send it ZephonTechStuff.utx (http://www.mediafire.com/?o2ckyxx47jkxi47)
3. blackriver is fine for me :/ dont know what the fuck happened. i dont know how to fix those bsp bugs that well... the only way to fix it to probably rebuild the whole map with pieces from the original.
i have a fucking match starting in an hour and i have s3ct textures so i need to go to my other pc to try and fix the bsps. i cant fix these now, theyll just have to wait a few hours after the match cuz thisll take over an hour at the most

Higor
08-10-2013, 03:13 PM
SAM, let me handle this.

'Zac
08-10-2013, 03:16 PM
SAM, let me handle this.

thanks, i dont how to fix BSPs that well and plus wouldve took a long time.

SAM
08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Problem is zac none of these issues were there in the originals. The bathrooms one gives a massive advantage. I'm going to revert to standard blackriver

Higor
08-10-2013, 03:33 PM
BlackRiver2a's BSP has no way to fix it other than a full rebuild.
I've never seen such a disgusting brushwork in the editor... exaggerating, I've seen even worse.

I'd rather rebuild the map from scratch, using similar methods to the ones in OutworldHold.

'Zac
08-10-2013, 03:42 PM
BlackRiver2a's BSP has no way to fix it other than a full rebuild.
I've never seen such a disgusting brushwork in the editor... exaggerating, I've seen even worse.

I'd rather rebuild the map from scratch, using similar methods to the ones in OutworldHold.
exactly what i said. the default map is all 1 total brush, and its hard to get all the peices seperatly and make it smooth.

Novak
08-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Just wanna say thanks for redoing Black River. Look forward to playing it soon.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-10-2013, 07:37 PM
nah, its easy to find a BSP brush in any map, the mistake most people make is thinking the problem is near or around the BSP area when it can actually be anywhere in the map. look for a poorly subtracted brush, normally a cylinder or custom brush. same with a single map brush, you can break it apart easily by simply selecting vertex and splitting the brush.

also there must have been a brush added or moved to create those BSP cuts, simple texture reskinning would not cause that issue.

Higor
08-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Ain't it amazing how good for 3way the layout is?
It'd make the map 100% balanced.

Gonna go ahead for both versions.

--- Updated ---

Ops, forgot about the pic:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/BlackRiver01.PNG

Sheepy
08-10-2013, 08:30 PM
snip

!pink

looks dope though!

'Zac
08-10-2013, 10:21 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};63062']nah, its easy to find a BSP brush in any map, the mistake most people make is thinking the problem is near or around the BSP area when it can actually be anywhere in the map. look for a poorly subtracted brush, normally a cylinder or custom brush. same with a single map brush, you can break it apart easily by simply selecting vertex and splitting the brush.

also there must have been a brush added or moved to create those BSP cuts, simple texture reskinning would not cause that issue.
no its not that you cant select the brushes, the whole terrain part is all one in the default. i. but that causes a lot of seperate polys -_-

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-11-2013, 04:57 AM
no its not that you cant select the brushes, the whole terrain part is all one in the default. i. but that causes a lot of seperate polys -_-

<---old man, been using Ued and Coding for UT since 2004, 5 years of 3dsMax, 4 years Milkshape3D, I have too much useless knowledge about Ued and 3D modelling in general. lol

think you may be confused about poly's, a poly is literally a "face" or "side" of an object, e.g. a cube has 6 polys / faces, you can select each vertex of the area of the single brush you want to remove (each join), editing a single brush is very ease to cut up, you can even clone certain parts of a single brush easily as well.

I am not saying it is easy for everyone who uses Ued, it can be a pain in the ass for someone new to 3D modelling, even I can struggle on really complex brushes.

but bottom line is that it is possible to edit any brush and to fix blackriver would take about half the time of rebuilding it from new, but that is only if someone with good knowledge of vertex editing is doing it.

Higor
08-13-2013, 12:57 AM
The map will have special boundaries to prevent happily flying outside of it, this whole box should be a substract brush.
The more I see these custom terrain brushes, the more I desire the implementation of static meshes, it would have been ideal here.

For the 2 way version it's gonna be very simple, delete faces on one of the 3 sides and create more high ground terrain faces.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/BlackRiver02.PNG

'Zac
08-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Higor we just need a 2 way version, also that 1 whole bsp brush is awesome!

Higor
08-14-2013, 05:09 PM
The JPG artifacts killed the image, still you can see that the ground textures seem to blend find by the river and the map will be at dusk, so we'll have an average amount of lighting making it good for most brightness settings.
The houses will be retextured depending on the team as well.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/BlackRiver03.JPG

|uK|kenneth
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
that pic looks great ahaha would like to play it as dark as it shows on the pic.

Higor
08-15-2013, 12:10 AM
I wonder if they'll still call it the 'Mountain tele'
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/BlackRiver04.jpg

Chamberly
08-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Dang that's dark... *turn on flash light* ;)

That'd be neat... to be able to pick up flash light and turn them on/off... :)

'Zac
08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I wonder if they'll still call it the 'Mountain tele'
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/BlackRiver04.jpg

Higor we just need a fix not a full make-over, we need to have the super booster able to reach the mountains and it being less bright and make it less buggy and mirrored. You kinda went a little too far...

Chamberly
08-18-2013, 12:26 PM
How is it? He just doing a 3 way, which looks nice.

Check it out... reviewing it on the video. May be dark b/c of the map. But not finished yet lol.
chanclan - .seVered.][ (http://www.twitch.tv/chanclan/b/446912942)

Novak
08-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Higor we just need a fix not a full make-over. You kinda went a little too far...

More 3way maps have been requested so gotta give Higor props for that. If you want to fix something I'll give you one, since this is a Bathrooms thread: Fix the toxic water in the nuke rooms on Bathrooms-4. Detoxify the water so nukes can be made.

Shotman
08-18-2013, 01:48 PM
K_Soze

that is a 30 second fix, Keyser you could do it. Just open unreal ed, open the map, go to all of the nuke rooms, remove the actor name slimezone in the nuke room, then go to the add actor icon-> info-> zone info -> waterzone. then just right click on the nuke room and click on add waterzone, rebuild and your done. Just repeat with all nuke rooms.

Chamberly
08-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Sound easy than done, but don't forget to rename the map. Lol.. up to Zac, but since you give the instruction I would do it... :P

Novak
08-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Sound easy than done, but don't forget to rename the map. Lol.. up to Zac, but since you give the instruction I would do it... :P

Yes Chamberly PLZ DO ITTTTTT!!!!! XDDDDDD

audiosonic
08-18-2013, 04:23 PM
All these backseat mappers always tell you it's only 30 seconds of work n__n, plis make video and do it in 30 seconds plis, ty.

Chamberly
08-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Well in the meantime, I searched the forum for CTF-'uK-Bathrooms][FIXED][V2 and it wouldn't give me any result (too common or too short as it returned.)

I don't have the map CTF-'uK-Bathrooms][FIXED][V2 as well... but I did looked in CTF-'uK-Bathrooms][FIXED][ but it showed that it just have water instead. :/

'Zac
08-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I wanted to try and make a video of me doing this, but the rebuild takes 40 seconds. So it's impossible. BUT I FIXED IT
here you go K_Soze
ARITE MANE IT UP
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yqybhl3zggn1xea/CTF-%5B4%5D-%27uK-Bathrooms%5D%5Bv2.unr

Chamberly
08-18-2013, 05:11 PM
lol why didn't rename it?

Incoming mismatches!

Edited: Zac, why is the download link for map 4 way when this thread is about CTF-'uK-Bathrooms][FIXED][V2?

I see a big confusion here... sry m8.

I will now go to sleep and then wake up and do some recording for favor of ~V~ and his XConsole release. <3 :>

Novak
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Chamberly look at my post above. I asked about fixing the nuke room toxic slime in Bathrooms-4, that would be 4way Bathrooms. For some reason the 4way version has slime instead of water so those nuke rooms were not usable. 'Zac just fixed it. You da man, Zaccyboy!

'Zac
08-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Chamberly look at my post above. I asked about fixing the nuke room toxic slime in Bathrooms-4, that would be 4way Bathrooms. For some reason the 4way version has slime instead of water so those nuke rooms were not usable. 'Zac just fixed it. You da man, Zaccyboy!

they were actually lava zones :/

Chamberly
08-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Ahh ok. Well, good job fixing it Zac! :)

Novak
08-18-2013, 10:28 PM
I wanted to try and make a video of me doing this, but the rebuild takes 40 seconds. So it's impossible. BUT I FIXED IT
here you go K_Soze
ARITE MANE IT UP
CTF-[4]-'uK-Bathrooms][v2.unr (http://www.mediafire.com/download/yqybhl3zggn1xea/CTF-%5B4%5D-%27uK-Bathrooms%5D%5Bv2.unr)

SAM hopefully can get it uploaded here soon. Is a nuke room fix for Bathrooms-4way, Sam.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-18-2013, 10:47 PM
SAM hopefully can get it uploaded here soon. Is a nuke room fix for Bathrooms-4way, Sam.

now is impossible make tele direct to nuke room just jumping, or it's possible in both bases now?

Chamberly
08-19-2013, 01:22 AM
AdRiaN;63419]now is impossible make tele direct to nuke room just jumping, or it's possible in both bases now?

You or someone can try to test that, I tried but I probably do the best fail since I can't seem to get it myself. :P

But from ghosting around, it don't seem like anything changed... but in all bathroom but 1 (which was red I think) they use a nice purple/blue water texture awhile red use the lava texture. hehehehe...