PDA

View Full Version : regarding new siege on pug server

Banny
08-11-2013, 03:11 AM
since higor removed the blood splash when you shoot sniper, I wanted to ask can it be added back but make it optional for who wants it and who doesn't. I want it back because I can't see whether i am hitting or not, i know the hitsounds are there but i am not able to hear those sounds properly because of people talking in teamspeak during pugs & the bloodsplash would let me know that i am hitting. Once again this is not a complaint about his work, just a demand from a general player

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-11-2013, 05:05 AM
"demand" isnt the right word banny, lol "request" is what you mean ;)

also in the new siege version, no idea if it is being addressed but the ZP on the sniper is intermittent, few shots are ZP then you get a few that are non ZP, this is a problem for euro players and their higher pings, by the time the hit registers, the player as moved from where you aimed.

Banny
08-11-2013, 06:22 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};63077]also in the new siege version, no idea if it is being addressed but the ZP on the sniper is intermittent, few shots are ZP then you get a few that are non ZP, this is a problem for euro players and their higher pings, by the time the hit registers, the player as moved from where you aimed.

agreed thats why i was asking for the blood splash, so i could see if my shots are registering or not. I aimed on the head so many times and i wasn't hitting anything , it literally felt like im playing non zp sniper and then sometimes i randomly shoot on the player and i get a headshot..

Chamberly
08-11-2013, 06:25 AM
I love blood splash. ;)

'Zac
08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
since higor removed the blood splash when you shoot sniper, I wanted to ask can it be added back but make it optional for who wants it and who doesn't. I want it back because I can't see whether i am hitting or not, i know the hitsounds are there but i am not able to hear those sounds properly because of people talking in teamspeak during pugs & the bloodsplash would let me know that i am hitting. Once again this is not a complaint about his work, just a demand from a general player
easier said than done, banny...

|uK|kenneth
08-11-2013, 12:16 PM
@Zac if you can take it away you can add it back as well rofl.

Shotman
08-11-2013, 12:35 PM
it's just changing a line from false to true in the ini

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
i dont understand why zp was taken away apart from zpbug it worked fine

Dr.Flay
08-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Just use the ultra gore mod. Client based so everyone can have their own level of blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2QmeoLwH8

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-12-2013, 05:20 AM
I run the ultra gore on my server and man it can be fun watching people explode into a puff of blood and giblets :D

I also 100% agree with blaze, ZP was good before apart from the ZP bug, "if it isn't broke, then don't try to fix it" that's what seems like the case with the new ZP, instead of it only having the ZP bug, it has a load of other problems on top and didnt really need changing.

if I was the developer for siege I would concentrate on new things or changes that minimise problems for the players, not test new things and force them to adjust to such drastic changes in such little spaces of time, it is wrecking it for the players and really pissing a lot of them off when the keybinds etc. are broken because of an update with very few changes.

Instead of release after release why not do all the work over a few months, say release once every 4-6 months and then release an update when you are 99% sure you have covered any potential problems, the way new versions are released makes my head spin because of all the random changes, which of late has caused massive problems for players like broken keybinds and the ZP issue for example. looking in my system folder after using cache cleaner and seeing just how many releases of siege their have been over a very short space of time developer wise is absolutely ridiculous IMHO.

all I see lately is nothing but complaints from people every time a new release is placed on the server, this puts any positive changes made into the background and will be ignored, problems will always be more prominent than positive changes.

also Higor, exploiting your own glitches is a damned stupid thing for you to do, you will end up losing peoples respect for your work and make them wonder what else are you doing that no one has noticed yet, I was the first one to catch you exploiting the SM on a tele in simplex, you were told how low it was for you to do that and today I noticed that thread re-opened with reports you are still doing it, so don't be surprised if more lose respect for you and the worst of all, don't trust you to play fair, it has certainly made me think you are exploiting more bugs than we see.

Higor
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Quit overreacting ^^

Banny, the blood splash is back on.
Try 0004, and give me that extensive list of bugs now.

'Zac
08-12-2013, 05:58 PM
theres a small small problem, when you hit the buildings, blood splashes. ive seen this on SPs and mines. lotrfan also saw too

audiosonic
08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
lotrfan also saw too

That's a mighty credible witness you got there n__n

Higor
08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Ah yeah, this ZP affects lots of things and not just players... so containers do bleed if you shoot them.
My bad.

i_remember_my
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM
because they do not put blood splatters all weapons looool

Higor
08-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Downloaded today's Log file from the pug server, it's 1.4 mb but i'll run a script on it that filters the lines I want.
There is some logging done in there that will help a lot, will post these results tomorrow.