PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with new siege

|uK|Tomahawk
04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Allright so since nobody is saying anything or made a bug list im decideing im gonna make one as i find them and i figured id let you guys know. Heres what i found so far:

-Maps are getting removed from the third and fourth maplist that have the new seige. Example: Say we were playing blackriver on the new seige then we vote for say burning2012 with the new seige, it would crash go to the version with the dots for ru. Then i would go to look for burning2012 and then it wouldnt be on the maplist anymore and i was like wtf???

-Platform bug

-Nuke siren dosent work sometimes

-I saw negative score yesterday i thought this was fixed?

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
MapvoteLA13 removes maps that made the server crash, Scar put the maps again in the list when this happens...

Bugs ? Update the first post.

-Platform Bug.
-Nuke Siren doesnt work sometimes.

SAM
04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
-Maps are getting removed from the third and fourth maplist that have the new seige. Example: Say we were playing blackriver on the new seige then we vote for say burning2012 with the new seige, it would crash go to the version with the dots for ru. Then i would go to look for burning2012 and then it wouldnt be on the maplist anymore and i was like wtf???

Fixed

-I saw negative score yesterday i thought this was fixed?

Wasn't a part of this compile, maybe the next

B|iss
04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Moved thread to technical, and spelled siege correctly for you. lol

Chronox, whats wrong with the platform? u keep saying somethings wrong with it.
Also SK already stated in his thread that Nuke siren will be fixed.

|uK|.exe
04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
teamSay doesn't work to me

|uK|kenneth
04-01-2011, 05:05 PM
today when we play cilverwar new siege blue team killed red core and it was at -1 ???lol

|uK|Chronox
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
When u make a platform and it gets destroyed/removed, there is like an invisible platform there but u can pass trhough it, its strange test it out.

FIX THE PLATFORM BUG

terminator
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
lol@cilverwar :D

Feralidragon
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
When u make a platform and it gets destroyed/removed, there is like an invisible platform there but u can pass trhough it, its strange test it out.

FIX THE PLATFORM BUG
It's a replication bug, but the fix should be easy I think (stuff which can *generate* that bug: spawn attached class and not destroying it, spawn a copy directly on the client, having bNetTemporary=True and destroy it only on the server).
Respective solutions:
- Always use the Destroyed function to destroy any referenced active instances/objects in the game;
- On spawn, use only "function" and not "simulated function", so it can be spawned on the server only and then replicated to the client instead;
- When destroying, use a simulated function or turn bNetTemporary to false.

It can be something else though, but this is generally something easy to fix.

lercs12
04-01-2011, 11:50 PM
GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

looks like this hapens when I am close to a wall

: D

<|Pius|>
04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
where's nodbob? and is that you holding the ASMD pulserifle?

lercs12
04-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Yep, thats me, its like a semi third person view

<|Pius|>
04-02-2011, 02:02 AM
thats strange, I haven't had that happen yet...Not sure whats goin on there. Sorry bout your luck bud.

lercs12
04-02-2011, 02:19 AM
i think is only with that wearpon

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-02-2011, 06:52 AM
teamsay doesnt work or it isnt showing correctly

Sakura
04-02-2011, 08:45 AM
^ yep same thing happened to me

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I just do not have bugs in this siege ?

|uK|MiniWick
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Imo. Shrinker should be taken off . Shrinker, invis. speed jetpack ..gg !

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Shrinker, invis. speed jetpack ..gg !

I agree !

Sakura
04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I agree !

2nd that. Or make a shrinker 1600 for each individual?

Moko
04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't think my ss was fast enough, but one of the buildings just before it builds it makes a circle inside a square and it looks really odd.

I think it was the mini ff.

|uK|Chronox
04-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Teamchat doesnt work, and the players Face HUD is black ! it doesnt show the players team color !

Shrinker should be a temportal item like Invisibility, i mean you make a single item that makes u tiny and last a couple of minutes.

Moko
04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I thought that was put in to maps themselves.
When I was in pug the teamsay didn't work for me either.

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
2nd that. Or make a shrinker 1600 for each individual?
I think it should be =/

Pie
04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Spec'd a game earlier, and noticed that tons of people were using the shrinker, and it wasn't even to sneak into the base. They were just running around the middle shooting people. Obviously, it's their RU being spent, if that's how they want it wasted, but it just seemed dumb to me. Maybe make it more expensive?

Also, with the Flamethrower. I know I saw someone else say it, but no one seemed to agree. Instead of having to repair the building that are on fire, maybe a time limit should be put on the flames before they go out on their own. Also, the flames shouldn't be TOO overpowering. It shouldn't completely destroy any one building that fast. Maybe it can be how SP's are. They leave 10hp, but never kill, so maybe you can do the same with the flamethrower. Make it so the flame only damages til it leaves a certain percentage left and then it goes out.

lercs12
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Also, with the Flamethrower. I know I saw someone else say it, but no one seemed to agree. Instead of having to repair the building that are on fire, maybe a time limit should be put on the flames before they go out on their own. Also, the flames shouldn't be TOO overpowering. It shouldn't completely destroy any one building that fast. Maybe it can be how SP's are. They leave 10hp, but never kill, so maybe you can do the same with the flamethrower. Make it so the flame only damages til it leaves a certain percentage left and then it goes out.

I agree

|uK|Chronox
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
+1 to both, or remove it.

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
the flamethrower, it should be more expensive and there is no need to leave the build on fire.

Pie
04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
the flamethrower, it should be more expensive and there is no need to leave the build on fire.

I didn't mean to take away the ability to repair the building which makes the fire stop, just that if no one's there to repair it, it will die on it's own at a certain percentage. That way building just don't disappear if no one sees it's been lit on fire.

|uK|Anthrax
04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
And when the constructions are within one another?
has some buildings that should be made ​​very close to each other, and it is difficult to repair these.

Pie
04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
And when the constructions are within one another?
has some buildings that should be made ​​very close to each other, and it is difficult to repair these.

That's why I said that the flamethrower shouldn't fully destroy the buildings. If you have containers near those buildings, once the flames are out, they will heal on their own. It just seemed like a good idea to me. I don't even play siege myself, just thought this seemed like a good idea.

are
04-04-2011, 06:05 AM
rename nuke siren to nuke alarm

make the shrinker shrink you for 100 RU each shrink

|uK|Tomahawk
04-04-2011, 06:27 AM
I also got a suggustion how about each of us are able to see how many players we killed i know theres a top player killer in f3 stats but it bugs me not knowing how many players i have killed if im not the top player killer

terminator
04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I also got a suggustion how about each of us are able to see how many players we killed i know theres a top player killer in f3 stats but it bugs me not knowing how many players i have killed if im not the top player killer

I asked for it a long time ago :)

|uK|Cube
04-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Dont know if this has been said or not since i cant be arsed to read all the crap.

If you have a jetpack you cant use the shrinker because it is like invisible with the shrinker lvl 5, and perhaps you cant wield any suit like , rubber and metal with the shrinker or just makes you big cause its getting gay how people lame with them.
And about the flamethrower give it 50 ammo + a timed fire on the buildings and a bit less RU perhaps?
And make the superprotectors actually hit the people with the shrinker cause mostly it goes straight above your head with it.

audiosonic
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Could the bottom F3 stats return? Even if it's missing a category which can't fit in the screen...