i admin? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : i admin?

i_remember_my
08-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Players hello I have a question, I have the new console xconsole unreal, and try to communicate by mp with another player in order to achieve a strategy to beat the other team but it happens that when I click on mesaje one tells me the little corner, you not admin!
I have to be an administrator to type the console work? and how I can be an administrator on the server - one night stand -?

~V~
08-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi, did you mean 'pm'? You cannot pm other players with xconsole if that's what you meant. XConsole does have some admin commands built in and no you cannot use them unless you are admin.

i_remember_my
08-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi, did you mean 'pm'? You cannot pm other players with xconsole if that's what you meant. XConsole does have some admin commands built in and no you cannot use them unless you are admin.

so as I can send a private message to a player or as a manager I can be in the game?

~~D4RR3N~~
08-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Say !o, click ''Private Message'' tab, click the nick of the player you want to send the pm, write your message, click ''Send PM''. Done

Chamberly
08-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Say !o, click ''Private Message'' tab, click the nick of the player you want to send the pm, write your message, click ''Send PM''. Done

This feature is on the server because of Nexgen (a server controller mod). Another one of this would be ASC, but most of the time admins have the PM features turned off for guests.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-26-2013, 11:43 AM
This feature is on the server because of Nexgen (a server controller mod). Another one of this would be ASC, but most of the time admins have the PM features turned off for guests.Oh he means the OTHER way to send pms? with Deluxe chat whisper or something like that

Chamberly
08-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh he means the OTHER way to send pms? with Deluxe chat whisper or something like that

What I've seen there is IRC in the console as well. What I think he might be talking about is when you right click on a player name in the console, and send a message, it is set up but have to be a server admin to use those. So, those can be changed to something else in the xconsole.ini settings or in ut.ini's xc settings... whichever 1 works.

~V~ Would probably found out about this now I think... he might add more details.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Good thing we are talking about this, because xspec command only works as admin :/

Chamberly
08-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Good thing we are talking about this, because xspec command only works as admin :/

Nope.

~V~ We are going to have to make a list to release to public for these things to work, not many peoples know how to. I'll get with you about this on IRC when I get back from work.

~V~
08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
XSpec should work for anyone, not just admin. Same with the Nukers command. Note that are both spectator commands though. They don't work as a player.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-26-2013, 02:06 PM
XSpec should work for anyone, not just admin. Same with the Nukers command. Note that are both spectator commands though. They don't work as a player.I'll take ss and post it here np

~V~
08-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Please be careful that the console is not in 'admin' mode when typing normal commands, or you will get that admin warning.

It should default to 'Command' mode by default. I need to check this out.

'Zac
08-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Players hello I have a question, I have the new console xconsole unreal, and try to communicate by mp with another player in order to achieve a strategy to beat the other team but it happens that when I click on mesaje one tells me the little corner, you not admin!
I have to be an administrator to type the console work? and how I can be an administrator on the server - one night stand -?
asking for admin just to PM other players on public
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/LOL_zpse757c764.jpg (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/LOL_zpse757c764.jpg.html)

OuTlaW
08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
He doesn't seem he has an experience in UT…

Chamberly
08-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Please be careful that the console is not in 'admin' mode when typing normal commands, or you will get that admin warning.

This.
http://gyazo.com/a31744828cdf9a27f7fb99acbe23e9eb.png

i_remember_my
08-26-2013, 07:34 PM

It should default to 'Command' mode by default. I need to check this out.

it is true I have no experience with the game console, so I'm asking for some kind of explanation or help (or tutorial to teach me how to use the new console), to improve my gameplay in siege, that's why I want to talk privately with a player which I appreciate, or be some kind of admin for some configurations. eg balance. many times I found that the other team had many players and myself, just 2 players apart, try to mutate help or something and I always see that I am no administrator.
anyone to teach me, I owe much.
Like if someone warns of a problem that was caused by my fault, for this reason I see unrealkillers.com page and let me know me.
and I pay much attention to the rules.

~V~
08-26-2013, 07:44 PM
You can PM players using Nexgen: type !o or !open

You cannot PM players with XConsole. But look at Chamberley's screenshot and put the XConsole in 'Command'.

i_remember_my
08-26-2013, 08:01 PM
This.
http://gyazo.com/a31744828cdf9a27f7fb99acbe23e9eb.png

jijiji always had in admin, lol hope I have not sent me any mace :D :-p