PDA

View Full Version : People keep telling me to fix my lag?

EsKay
08-27-2013, 03:20 PM
I play on the US insta server and people tell me to "fix my lag", but the thing is I don't know why I'm lagging.. I have a wireless router for my comcast internet and a net gear wifi receiver for my hp desktop.. my internet is fast but my computer is kinda old maybe circa 2010 and i bought it stock from wal mart but i figured it could run a ten year old game.. so is there anything I can fix for settings that might make my lag go away? My computer says my signal strength is the best it can be and I'm about 30 feet away from the router with 1 wall in between.. any help would be appreciated because I don't like being a bother to people when playing and its getting commented on more and more.

SAM
08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
What's happening? Does your client feel laggy? What's your netspeed at? Have you tried mutate ace highperftoggle?

Chamberly
08-27-2013, 07:58 PM
I can try to help. Most peoples don't know or often forget the biggest part to add on to the game...

Try a better render: An enhanced OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament (http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/)

& Google UT99 dual core/ multicore fix if you need them too.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-27-2013, 09:30 PM
this must be a very serious issue, since newnet corrects warping very well... the only way i see ppl warping with nn is to have pl... Anyway, try what SAM says (check your netspeed), or simply write in console netspeed 20000, if u have less it ill bring it to 20000 (most server's netspeed, i think thats max netspeed), and if u already have it in 20000 np lol

Chamberly
08-28-2013, 12:03 AM
200000 np lol

That's a typo. 20,000... ;)

i_remember_my
08-28-2013, 01:22 AM
I think you editing the registry might work better, I did my laptop with windows xp professional, and really works. first you have to modify the registry so that your PC stable and final run your internet.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-28-2013, 03:02 AM
this must be a very serious issue, since newnet corrects warping very well
I have played on the ig servers many times with a ping jumping around, even if it was only by about 20-40 spike increase, and there is so much warping, but at least you can dodge still on newnet.

OuTlaW
08-28-2013, 03:46 AM
I have like Banny's ping (220-250) everyone just tells me to fix my lag and I can't hit you man although Banny doesn't wrap or even lag with his ping

Higor
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Some connections are stable, others aren't. Welcome to the world of isp's and international routing.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
I have played on the ig servers many times with a ping jumping around, even if it was only by about 20-40 spike increase, and there is so much warping, but at least you can dodge still on newnet.
hmm... I only see ppl warping when THEY have pl, but if I HAVE pl, i warp and i see veryone else warping...

ome connections are stable, others aren't. Welcome to the world of isp's and international routing.
Lol yea... I've heard only a bieeeet about this...

OuTlaW
08-28-2013, 03:03 PM
hmm... I only see ppl warping when THEY have pl

Eh I think thats wrong
Most of the time I have 0% pl and ppl tell me you are wraping…

Sometimes I just love how people get pissed when i'm seriously lagging rofl

'Zac
08-28-2013, 03:19 PM
i bought it stock from wal mart
This is your problem

~~D4RR3N~~
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Eh I think thats wrong
Most of the time I have 0% pl and ppl tell me you are wraping…

Sometimes I just love how people get pissed when i'm seriously lagging rofli hope ur talking about nn, cuz insta servers HAVE nn, if ur talking about warping in siege, then thats normal, siege is stuck in fucking zp for who-knows-what (chamberly once told me but i totally forgot)
Anyway, remember that routes higor was talking about, they have everything to do in this warping, lag, rage thing

Shotman
08-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Eskay is an IG player, so i am thinking he is talking about newnet.

Sheepy
08-29-2013, 05:48 AM
SAM

as far as i remember, when i lagged on the (old) siege server, sam told me to make a tracert to the server. there was an unusual big hop in it and sam did god knows what, but i believe it fixed my lagging..

are you still doing that or is it too much work?

SAM
08-29-2013, 07:31 AM
It would be good if you can paste a trace route.

EsKay
10-01-2013, 01:48 PM
OK So sorry it has been so long and there wasn't a reply. I moved right after posting this and wasn't able to get internet right away, ended up buying a ASUS 10gb 2tb 3.2 ghz nvidia graphics from newegg.com. So, the computer runs great and my internet is fast and has no problems with anything else, as soon as I try to play UT it takes forever. I downloaded the UT Game from this site and then the 436 patch and ran that and that was all I did. I came back and read some responses and here is my response to them, thank you to all who is trying to help as I just want to frag :)

What's happening? Does your client feel laggy? What's your netspeed at? Have you tried mutate ace highperftoggle?
Ok my Client feels super laggy and I can't get a steady shot on anyone, lags more when I'm around more people. I typed in the console, "netspeed 20000". I did "mutate ace highperftoggle" and it said the settings were now on and will take place after reconnect. I reconnected and didn't notice a difference.

I can try to help. Most peoples don't know or often forget the biggest part to add on to the game...

Try a better render: An enhanced OpenGL renderer for Unreal Tournament

& Google UT99 dual core/ multicore fix if you need them too.

Ok so I went to the site and I downloaded the OpenGL render latest version I think 3.6, and replaced the current file in my system UT folderm with the one I downloaded. I restarted and didn't notice much of a difference. I don't know if I didn't download all the necessary files but I read the directions and it didn't say if I needed to download the source codes with it? I also googled multi core fix and downloaded a fix for dual cores that people were saying helped fix there lag issues, it was a new "launch button" that I use to start UT, so I replaced that with my old one in the system folder and restarted and noticed a little difference, but it's still too laggy to play. Did I miss something with the GL render? does anything I did sound out of the ordinary lol, please let me know, thank you for trying to help.

this must be a very serious issue, since newnet corrects warping very well... the only way i see ppl warping with nn is to have pl... Anyway, try what SAM says (check your netspeed), or simply write in console netspeed 20000, if u have less it ill bring it to 20000 (most server's netspeed, i think thats max netspeed), and if u already have it in 20000 np lol
Ok I typed that in the console and didn't see any confirmation on the screen or anything, it just appeared in the console, is there supposed to be a confirmation?

Originally Posted by EsKay
i bought it stock from wal mart
This is your problem

Lol thanks for the insight, I have bought a new computer and still experience issues, so to me I believe it is a user error :P

TimTim
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Try setting your framerate to twice your refresh rate. This worked for Dewsick.

There's also this thread at GU with a lot of different things to try: Global Unreal - UT issue (http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1189)