PDA

View Full Version : SavedPlayer and Target Method incl. Keybinds for Enhanced Spectating (streaming)

.seVered.][
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
This document describes a method for spectating UT matches using the xConsole to assign keys and use it's routines to enhance the view for streaming or just watching matches.

Requirements: UnrealTtournament 99 version 436 and above
xConsole version 3.5.0rcX.X or newer installed.

The Routines (in xConsole)
xSpec - [on; stop; off; also toggles with only xSpec command]
will follow behind a player and automatically adjust the view to whatever that player is doing.

middlemousebutton will 'toggle' first and 3rd person views.
Fire will change the view to the next player (based on playerID)
alt-fire will return you to 'someone' (not sure whether its Target or SavedPlayer yet).

The Method.
While spectating a UT match, I have 2 options available to 'FOLLOW' players. SavedPlayer and Target. These options can be controlled with keybinds. I use HOME to set my SavedPlayer slot and INSERT to set the TARGET slot. The player I am currently spectating when I press the keys will be set to the appropriate slot. I use these keys to switch my current view respectively.

F (find target) for TARGET
G (Get SavedPlayer) for SavedPlayer

The Setup.
Setting up the keybinds and the xConsole is not difficult but does require you to edit the UnrealTournament.ini and user.ini files for best results. Using UT Aliases in the user.ini is the best policy. (not to be confused with xConsole Alias - completely separate!)

Keybinds.

C:\UnrealTournament\System\User.ini [ < usual location of user.ini ]
*use an EMPTY Aliases location

[Engine.Input]
Aliases[34]=(Command="Button bExtra3 | Button bExtra2| Button bExtra1",Alias=SetTarget)
Aliases[35]=(Command="Button bExtra0 | Button bExtra2",Alias=GotoTarget)

Aliases[37]=(Command="Button bExtra3 | Button bExtra1",Alias=SetSavedPlayer)
Aliases[38]=(Command="Button bExtra3 | Button bExtra0",Alias=GotoSaved)

Home=SetTarget
Insert=SetSavedPlayer

F=GotoTarget
G=GotoSaved

UnrealTournament.ini

[Xconsole.Xconsole]
Button0101=ViewTargetted
Button1110=:target
Button1010=SavePlayer
Button1001=ViewSaved

*Please note: You CANNOT put xConsole alias commands directly into a keybind. xConsole commands must be bound using the Button bExtra method.

The ButtonXXXX is identified by what the numbers are in the XXXX location of the Field. Count from Right to Left and from Zero to Three to find out the Button bExtra commands to include in your 'Aliases' definition and then create a Command for the keybind.

*Button0101 translates into this xconsole Aliases into the GotoTarget console command.

Which we can then add a keybind for the command to Key F
[Engine.Input]
F=GotoTarget

* on the ButtonList the command Button1110=:target, this is the IRC command to SELECT the player you are currently spectating AS the Target to follow. This command can be typed directly into the console while spectating a player but can NOT be put directly into a keybind.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Amazing guide! *adding it to bookmarks*

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-27-2013, 04:48 PM
the console should set a ID for for all players and enable use binds like Follow1, Follow2, Follow3... like the default UT commands for see the teammates pressing the numlock numbers (on default user.ini), but for every players while are specting

.seVered.][
08-27-2013, 05:15 PM
AdRiaN;63936']the console should set a ID for for all players and enable use binds like Follow1, Follow2, Follow3... like the default UT commands for see the teammates pressing the numlock numbers (on default user.ini), but for every players while are specting

NOT quite that simple to add, but setting a KEY to follow a player is what this document is for.. you can still use ViewPlayerNum <id> to follow a player like that.

--- Updated ---

Thank you, but DOES IT WORK... somebody try this and give me some feedback for the document. and Darren check out what putting a QUOTE in your signature did....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124859421/Media/Darren.jpg

~V~
08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks Sev, very nice writeup

[;63931']
alt-fire will return you to 'someone' (not sure whether its Target or SavedPlayer yet).

It should toggle between that player and your own camera (in theory), same as normal spectating does.

~~D4RR3N~~
08-27-2013, 09:27 PM
''stats on/off'' on siege not working. Checked and my xc was on Command mode, but this doesnt work...

~V~
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
''stats on/off'' on siege not working. Checked and my xc was on Command mode, but this doesnt work...

Make sure that the hud is activated (type dohud to toggle it and you should see the game times bottom left+right).

Edit* going to add 'hud on/off' commands for rc2 I think, since it's not always immediately clear.

OuTlaW
08-28-2013, 03:50 AM
#off topic
rofl ~V~ nice avatar ahahahhahahahahaha

#on topic
Looks awesome i'm going to try it right now

~~D4RR3N~~
08-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Make sure that the hud is activated (type dohud to toggle it and you should see the game times bottom left+right).
Thanks bro, gonna try it out
--UPDATE--
Worked perfectly, thanks!