PDA

View Full Version : hitsound problem!

kamuffel
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
hey!

insta uk server:
my hitsounds are gone and im trying for ages now to turn them back on. also the "team info" has changed... it doesnt show who has the flag / how long until it will be returned automatically anymore.
maybe strange but i really love that stuff!!!
so my question:
did you guys change something on the server or is it my ut? how can i turn this back on?
thank you!

luke

SAM
09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Hello most of everything was taken off as part of an experiment. Since people had been complaining of unplayable lag. I might consider putting some features back tonight.

frog
09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
we get many servers i think nexgen is a source of lag with ace clan servers were without nexgen no lag maybe replace nexgen by super web admin page u can create different account and levels

kamuffel
09-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello most of everything was taken off as part of an experiment. Since people had been complaining of unplayable lag. I might consider putting some features back tonight.

hey!
thank you for the info.
well imo the server wasnt laggy... i would be happy if you could put back those two features :P
i discussed the hitsound issue with several players in the meantime. some dont really care but some (including me) are used to it a lot^^ it somehow replaces looking closely. hard to explain.
imo also the names under the flag symbols in the team info hud increse the overview of what is happening in the game significantly.

TimTim
09-09-2013, 04:32 PM
To use the original hitsound just type "hitsounds 1" and/or "teamhitsounds 1" in console.

kamuffel
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
To use the original hitsound just type "hitsounds 1" and/or "teamhitsounds 1" in console.

OMG that easy -.-
THANK YOU!!!
The problem obviously was that it was set to hitsounds 2. but i guess i dont have them, at least it doesnt play anything? or is that normal? :P

TimTim
09-09-2013, 05:18 PM
You should be able to hear it since it's included with the mod but you might not notice it depending on your audio setup. The default hitsound changes pitch depending on how much damage you do - more damage means lower pitch - so for instagib the pitch is quite low. Or it's entirely possible you weren't hearing it at all because the server was setup to have the hitsounds off by default since there used to be another mod for hitsounds on there.

SAM
09-09-2013, 05:35 PM
TimTim

I still think there should be a global over ride. Most general pub players do not know or will never know what to do about this hence why we had a different hitsound installed.

TimTim
09-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Just set DefaultHitSound=1 in the server config and any newcomers should have the hitsound you want by default. There's no need for an extra mutator.

SAM
09-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Newcomers are usually a handful compared to returning players. Everyone should receive the update....

kamuffel
09-10-2013, 04:44 AM
i just tried again and now i can also hear the hitsound 2 (dynamic cowbell)! have you changed some audio settings on the server?

TimTim
09-10-2013, 06:27 AM
kamuffel The hitsound was disabled for you earlier because that's how SAM had the server setup by default. You enabled it when you typed "hitsounds 2".

SAM By newcomers, I mean people downloading that particular version of newnet for the first time. So when I release another version, if you set "DefaultHitsound=1" anyone who joins the server and plays that version for the first time will use the hitsound that you want.

Everything will eventually be in a nice little package where people can edit things like that via some GUI.

kamuffel
09-10-2013, 11:55 AM
:ape:
could be
ty again!

SAM
09-11-2013, 08:44 AM
kamuffel The hitsound was disabled for you earlier because that's how SAM had the server setup by default. You enabled it when you typed "hitsounds 2".

SAM By newcomers, I mean people downloading that particular version of newnet for the first time. So when I release another version, if you set "DefaultHitsound=1" anyone who joins the server and plays that version for the first time will use the hitsound that you want.

Everything will eventually be in a nice little package where people can edit things like that via some GUI.

So what happens when your server uses hitsound 2 but others want to use 1 or 3? But they entered your server first?

User experience becomes inconsistent by 'first time set ' server admin should have control and default override.

TimTim
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I'd bet that 99% of regular pubbers will be entering your server first so they'll get the hitsound you want, while the iPuggers either A) know they can change their hitsound with the console command or B) will have hitsound 2 set, which most of them seem to prefer nowadays. As for me, I would rather servers not override my personal preferences.

TimTim
09-13-2013, 12:49 PM
I added the option for newnet servers to force the default hitsound/teamhitsound by setting bForceDefaultHitSounds=true. Although advanced users can still force their own on top of that if they want by setting bDisableForceHitSounds=True in their User.ini.

SAM
09-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I added the option for newnet servers to force the default hitsound/teamhitsound by setting bForceDefaultHitSounds=true. Although advanced users can still force their own on top of that if they want by setting bDisableForceHitSounds=True in their User.ini.

Yes I saw, thanks :)

I disabled the other hitsounds. Now only it does the boosted by.