PDA

View Full Version : CTF-Slumdog

NoReasonBoner
09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
As I have no way to really beta test, there may be a few issues that I haven't seen. Other than that, I present: CTF-Slumdog!
Medium sized, fair, equal sided, capture the flag map. Didn't bot path or add weapons since I only play Instagib really, but if someone really wanted me to I could do either I guess.

I've put a fair amount of time into this map and hope that you guys enjoy it! It would be perfect for a nice change up of duku, control, wootabulous on the insta servers (wink wink ;) )

Some Screenshots

Download Link: CTF-Slumdog.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download/0y4q5pf27475g35/CTF-Slumdog.zip)
All files should be there, if any aren't definitely let me know.

Enjoy!

'Zac
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
putting in pathnodes make its less lagier. good map though

TimTim
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
putting in pathnodes make its less lagier. good map though
Does it really?? If so, that's really strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought pathnodes were only for bots and should have no effect on framerate.

Higor
09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Add punctuation to zac's post and it will make sense. But yeah, a navigation network in a map is always appreciated.

NoReasonBoner
09-11-2013, 09:31 PM
egghh fuck. fine lol :biggrin:

They are always retarded regardless lol. okay guys i'll get 'em set up. might as well put in weapons at that point. Will post back after a bit of work. Any notes on the general layout, flow, looks, etc?

Thanks everyone!
edit - put in an overhead so the layout is visible

Shotman
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM
When you were building this map, were you watching slumdog millionaire? Since its CTF, put some defensive nodes.

NoReasonBoner
09-11-2013, 10:54 PM
When you were building this map, were you watching slumdog millionaire?

No, close though. I was watching the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where they keep referring to M. Nite Shyamalan as "The Slumdog."

And I'll be sure to throw in some defensive nodes.

I'll zone it too. I don't know why I haven't done that yet, years between making maps I guess, but its way too useful to skip

Thanks

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Does it really?? If so, that's really strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought pathnodes were only for bots and should have no effect on framerate.

You are correct, they have no effect whatsoever on framerate and provide locations for paths or by some rand spawn mutator using their location to random spawn items. (which i am sure you know)

while you see this, you are the coder for newnet aren't you? if so then you need to white list SWJumpPad.u as newnet breaks the kickers in a lot of the maps on iG servers that have SWJumpPad, default kickers are fine as far as I know. :)

TimTim
09-12-2013, 06:56 AM
https://www.vappingo.com/word-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Punctuation-saves-lives.jpg

][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} Yeah I figured the broken kickers were a separate, custom actor. I'll have to code something specifically for them but it should be pretty easy.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
could always add a small Replace function and use only one type of kicker, SWJumpPad.u is tiny and has bug fixes as far as I am aware, also seems to be popular with mappers.

TimTim
09-14-2013, 07:48 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};64719']could always add a small Replace function and use only one type of kicker, SWJumpPad.u is tiny and has bug fixes as far as I am aware, also seems to be popular with mappers.
I've already fixed it. :victorious:

NoReasonBoner
10-01-2013, 11:25 PM
well I can't do botpathing for shit. I tried, failed, and called it quits. I still have some stuff left to do to the map, but if anyone's willing, I'll give credit where its due (split author 50/50) if someone can path the map for me when the structure and deco is done. Though I'd appreciate it more if someone could make it for seige too, I could work with them. I dunno how to even play it, but it seems wasteful to put this time into a map and not make it functional for all played gametypes.

Let me know if anyone is willing. I love making maps its even better when they are played.

Higor
10-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Let me know if anyone is willing. I love making maps its even better when they are played.
Post link, I'll take a look at it

NoReasonBoner
10-03-2013, 06:41 PM
okay will do, thanks. I'm finishing up a few things i'll probably upload it by tomorrow

SAM
10-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Any update @NoReasonBoner (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=3003)

NoReasonBoner
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Got it pathed best I could.

CTF-SlumdogIG (http://www.mediafire.com/download/dvw6c9o9wiz26b5/CTF-SlumdogIG.zip)

NoReasonBoner
11-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Done!

SlumdogIG (http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3k33g8ifu337c6/SlumdogIG.zip)

Credits to Hourences for the awesome texture pack!

SAM
11-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Upped :)

NoReasonBoner
11-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Nobody?
I'd at least like some feedback. I guess I'll go back to mapping for BT

|uK|Tomahawk
12-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Sorry to revive guys but as far as I know this map was never added onto the public server for us to test... so sorry cant give feedback until then.

SAM
12-24-2013, 05:25 AM
It was added? Maybe it was just before the 8bit server shit?

|uK|Tomahawk
12-24-2013, 04:44 PM
I just looked on both the public and pug server for Slumdog and its not on there.

Edit: im a idiot I thought this was a siege map for some reason. I have no fucking idea why

Disturbed//*.
02-24-2014, 12:31 AM
This map would[is] way too small for siege. It's pretty much just walk out base turn corner, boom you're at enemy's base.

Played this map on Bunny Track server and it was very good.

NoReasonBoner
03-19-2014, 11:24 PM
This map would[is] way too small for siege. It's pretty much just walk out base turn corner, boom you're at enemy's base.

Played this map on Bunny Track server and it was very good.

Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with siege, just started reading up today lol. I'm gonna try playing it a bit while I'm working on my new map so I can it will have a good layout for both, ctf and siege. Are the uk pub siege server players kinda tolerant to noobs? cause it looks more than a bit complicated lol

the BT server? odd. Glad you liked it though!