PDA

View Full Version : Maps with kickers.

Higor
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Regardless of gametype, I'd like a quick list of maps that make use of boosters in order to try an experiment similar to siege's lagless boosters.

Anyone willing to contribute?

Chamberly
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
With Kicker.u?

Shotman
09-12-2013, 12:55 AM
w00t, coret, brokenlimits, labaster, and couple more. If i see the maplist i could tell you

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-12-2013, 05:55 AM
dont forget there are several types of kickers out there, SWJumpPad is the most common amongst mappers and seems to be this one that newnet breaks. some of the woot maps have SWJumpPad and some have stock UT99 kickers.

TimTim
09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};64637']dont forget there are several types of kickers out there, SWJumpPad is the most common amongst mappers and seems to be this one that newnet breaks. some of the woot maps have SWJumpPad and some have stock UT99 kickers.
None of the maps we use at GU use the SWJumpPad, so I wasn't even aware of it. But it should be a quick and easy fix. I should be able to get it done by the weekend.

Higor
09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
In UT99.org I had asked for maps with SWJumpPads once... took 3 months for somebody to man up and show me a list.
I downloaded a couple of those maps, one of them is wonderful and I keep it now in my private repository.

About the SWJumpPads? 2 days later the FerBotz were doing perfect chain-boosting among multiple pads without issues.
You do your part, I do my part, everyone happy.

Chamberly
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
There are also some in BT maps. Providing samples...

With swJumpPad.u
CTF-BT-CB-Contaminant
CTF-BT-CB-Domicile

With Furrykicker.u (not sure about this 1 lol but name is silly)
CTF-BT-CB-Energized-v3
CTF-BT-CB-EvilTwin

SAM
09-13-2013, 04:22 AM
I think there is also swjumppad2. Is it not possible to implement lagless on the kickers you know about while allowing the others to work also?

TimTim
09-13-2013, 12:46 PM
SAM

I fixed the boosters that kill velocity (like the ones on CTF-Coret-3on3).

And it turns out the SWJumpPad actually extends the Teleporter (portals) which is why they were getting replaced with newnet portals. So now I only replace portals of specific class names (Teleporter and VisibleTeleporter); and to make it possible for players to activate atypical portals and kickers (e.g., SWJumpPads, FurryKickers, etc.), the movement reverts back to the original netcode for a short period of time to allow them to work correctly. High pingers will experience some screen tearing as they would have before newnet, however. I also attempted to add the FurryKicker's ToggleTime to the amount of time newnet movement is temporarily disabled; I have no idea how that will play out.

SAFeSTeR
03-17-2014, 08:33 PM
With Furrykicker.u (not sure about this 1 lol but name is silly)
FYI, it's called Furrykicker because it was made by a guy from FBT called 'furry', same reason for the FurryMovers :)

FurryKicker was made at my request when I was making EvilTwinCB, I wanted a kicker that could be triggered rather than having to attach a normal kicker to a mover.

Jst2blond
03-18-2014, 12:31 PM
FYI, it's called Furrykicker because it was made by a guy from FBT called 'furry', same reason for the FurryMovers :)

FurryKicker was made at my request when I was making EvilTwinCB, I wanted a kicker that could be triggered rather than having to attach a normal kicker to a mover.

Safe :p give a kiss @ladyann and ladydes if u see those biatches :cooter:

Higor
03-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Oh, hadn't realized I was the one that started this thread.
I'll have to take a peek to the FurryKicker.u file.

SAFeSTeR
03-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Safe :p give a kiss @ladyann and ladydes if u see those biatches :cooter:

Hey blondie, I've not seen Lady Ann in a long time. I saw Lady Des last night, I always give her a kiss.

I'll let her know you were asking after her.