PDA

View Full Version : Public server changes.

Higor
09-13-2013, 04:06 PM
The new version is running a new rule set.
I'll clarify here.

(Bind shortcut) - Name

-(4) - Fortification
---(0) - Container
---(1) - Container X
---(2) - Super Container
---(3) - Booster
---(4) - Super Booster
---(5) - Super Protector
---(6) - Guardian
---(7) - Poison Guardian
---(8) - Mini Shield
---(9) - Force Field

-(5) - Supply
---(0) - Supplier
---(1) - Super Supplier
---(2) - Health Pod
---(3) - Super Health Pod

-(6) - Special Items
---(0) - Shield Belt
---(1) - Jump Boots
---(2) - Speed
---(3) - Invisibility
---(4) - Damage Amplifier
---(5) - Dampener*
* Dampener makes a player less audible when shooting or using the constructor.

-(7) - Weapons
---(0) - Hyper Leecher
---(1) - Ape Cannon
---(2) - ASMD Pulse Rifle
---(3) - Warhead****
---(4) - Invincible Warhead****
****Super Supplier required.

-(8) - Teleportation
---(0) - Teleporter
---(1) - Telenetwork**
---(2) - Translocator
** You can only build telenetwork if your team has 2 active teleporters.

-(9) - Explosives
---(0) - Mine***
---(1) - Super Mine
---(2) - Rocket Cannon
---(3) - Mortar Bomb
---(4) - Bio Bomb
***Limit is 20.

-(10) - Suits
---(0) - Jetpack
---(1) - Super Jetpack
---(2) - Toxin Suit
---(3) - Asbestos Suit
---(4) - Scuba Gear

Middle item spawner:
It will upscale from weaker items to stronger items as game progresses, and each item has it's own Spawn time which will take less or more depending on strenght, this means that if mid takes too long to spawn, get ready for something good.
In late game (> 60 minutes), there's a chance of seeing the Shrinker Suit spawn.
The Shrinker Suit cannot stack with:
- Jetpacks
- Rubber Suit
- Metal Suit
- Spy Suit (unused)
If attempted to stack, the player will return to it's original size.

'Zac
09-13-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think having rocketcannons being built after the SS is a good idea, they are very popular and they do a lot of damage, dangerboy fucking rapes with them on blackriver and orbital before ss.

|uK|fleecey
09-13-2013, 06:37 PM
RIP

|uK|chiseller
09-13-2013, 06:41 PM
If attempted to stack, the player will return to it's original size.
Make him twice the size just for fun.

As for the changes: wait and see but I don't think the changes are good.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
i played on public today, mid spawns too often and too quick

shrinker is and always will be terrible no matter how "funny" you look

and the sound dampener is a really bad idea - changing game mechanics/gameplay

can i just mention the pug servers and gu servers need more attention, when you kill someone they dont die normally they just die standing up straight even if you rocket combo headshot etc

Novak
09-13-2013, 09:39 PM
4 green diamonds on Niven, for the first time ever in one match. And we lost while a fan sc covered 3 sps with tele, but that's another story..

Mid spawns too often and too strong. 400 health, insta are not weak items.

Higor
09-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I'd preffer to let this go for a couple more days, the weighted spawner has way too many options and choosing wisely which to affect takes some evaluation time.
And let's be honest, the first spawn is always a 150 RU crystal and it takes at least 20 minutes before seeing the very first Grenade Launcher or Flame Thrower in the game.

PD: I s*** on the 400 health, saw a level 5 mine blast an enemy nuker with shield + 400hp in a Bluevember game just earlier today.
PD2: I may have underrated the Insta's weight.

Shotman
09-13-2013, 10:51 PM
that is way too soon for a flame/gl it should be at least 35-45 min.

Chamberly
09-13-2013, 11:38 PM
***Limit is 20.

Mine limit? :(

Shotman
09-13-2013, 11:59 PM
You did not make it clear for the mine limit. Is it a player limit or team limit?

Chamberly its only mine limit. There is no limit on SM waste 1000 RU on SM.

|uK|kenneth
09-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Blaze getting owned by a shrinker guy:o

Chamberly
09-14-2013, 03:56 AM
Played for a bit, on Niven. You could look out at the tele, when it get buggy, it's info do not show up but the texture/build is there. No name showing, and the owner or other couldn't remove it. So what he did is build another tele beside of it, to activate it and so he could remove that odd tele, build the other elsewhere.

& Another thing I find strange is when I'm trying to watch demo, my character looks like it is in a shrinker and it wasn't. & a little shakey/bouncy effect if I kind of move (unnormal imo lol... i don't like those bobbing effects.) and the worse 1 is, when trying to view the demo that another person have (from same match!) I get loads of error, lots of them are about invalid actor class. & From what I think, it have to do with client side where they can only watch the demo, and no one else. So for this, anyone can't view anyone's demo it seem. & they can't see mine. (was testing this with Sev.)

Otherwise if you could see my demo, you can see the telebug lol.

DANGERBOY
09-14-2013, 05:24 AM
-(9) - Explosives
---(0) - Mine***
---(1) - Super Mine
---(2) - Rocket Cannon****
---(3) - Mortar Bomb****
---(4) - Bio Bomb****
***Limit is 20.
****Super Supplier required.

But WHY? Its public, need to spam the mines vs 11ppl, if they have tele the 20mines dead in 25 second....
This rocket cannon thing.....why dont you guys remove it than ????? ? ?? ?? ? ?

MAYBE +1000RU limit and you can make RC sounds better.

|uK|chiseller
09-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Pretty bad update to be honest

Sorted by level of annoyance in descending order.

sniper/shock shot delay
- That thing alone makes me wanna stop play pub. It was bad in the pug version and not surprisingly, it's still bad.

mid spawns
- They are taking over the gameplay. Flame here, emp there, poison here.. bla bla bla bla overpowered bullshit.

midget suit
- OP beyond scope

mine limit
- What's the intentions behind limiting it to 20? Putting the limit at 20 surely doesn't prevent mine spam. What it does it leaves room for even more douchbaggery if someone decides to screw over the team.

rocket cannons
- You just castrated siege. If anything, you should prevent the possibility to make nukes before ss/sh because that's never a good strategy.

ape canon
- Why? Might as well remove all narrow maps.

Banny
09-14-2013, 01:45 PM
sniper/shock shot delay
- That thing alone makes me wanna stop play pub. It was bad in the pug version and not surprisingly, it's still bad.

mid spawns
- They are taking over the gameplay. Flame here, emp there, poison here.. bla bla bla bla overpowered bullshit.

midget suit
- OP beyond scope

mine limit
- What's the intentions behind limiting it to 20? Putting the limit at 20 surely doesn't prevent mine spam. What it does it leaves room for even more douchbaggery if someone decides to screw over the team.

rocket cannons
- You just castrated siege. If anything, you should prevent the possibility to make nukes before ss/sh because that's never a good strategy.

ape canon
- Why? Might as well remove all narrow maps.

this.

Novak
09-14-2013, 02:16 PM
mine limit

Maybe make them removable to prevent such abuse, although that opens a new avenue of abuse..

Shotman
09-14-2013, 02:52 PM
then you have supermines those are unlimited.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-14-2013, 02:57 PM
i see all my comments were overlooked

have fun!

Shotman
09-14-2013, 03:02 PM
i see all my comments were overlooked

have fun!
no they weren't, we all agree on the mid spawns, Shrinker and i really agree with the dampner many people were clueless and yet destroys the game mechanics.

The funny deaths is higor's compartment but these fixes should be fixed before the playoffs begin.

'Zac i believe the purpose to make rc after you build ss is to help your team. It make team to rush to make a ss and shp. Also binds are fucked up TDNConvict was complaining about that

Higor
09-14-2013, 03:35 PM
How does the dampener destroy the game mechanics?
There's an item that renders the player nearly invisible, and you complain about one that simple makes him inaudible?

And NOW you complain about the mine limit considering the discussion 2 months ago?
My words on all this is: no dick fits you well.

SAM
09-14-2013, 04:10 PM
And NOW you complain about the mine limit considering the discussion 2 months ago?

TBH, when I saw your post. I thought great, Higor must have listened to that discussion about mine limit on pub. I don't understand why these lot are so high maintenance and against change. More so against change they recommended with a 15 page thread. Get the dildo out your asses boys.

SAM
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Anyway, just an update. Since the reboot about 10 mins ago. The spawner has been revised. Hopefully this will cause the shrinker have less chance to spawn. Also, the explosives limitations have been taken off and instead, you can now only build nukes after super suppliers. So....start fortifying your bases!

Shotman
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
TBH, when I saw your post. I thought great, Higor must have listened to that discussion about mine limit on pub. I don't understand why these lot are so high maintenance and against change. More so against change they recommended with a 15 page thread. Get the dildo out your asses boys.

if you look at the people complaining about the mine limit and look at the other topic, and finally look in the server who are building the mines your going to see the same people. Chis for example had over 140 buildings made but most buildings are mines. Also i have played a couple of maps and had no problems with mine limit and players weren't complaining about it, they were only complaining on the binds. If you can't defend without mines then your not a defender, you have enough help with SPs.

|uK|fleecey
09-14-2013, 05:19 PM
How does the dampener destroy the game mechanics?
There's an item that renders the player nearly invisible, and you complain about one that simple makes him inaudible?

My words on all this is: no dick fits you well.

it was 24 votes on having a limit of mines, meanwhile 29 people voted it should not be a mine limit.. so no mine limit won...

Moskva
09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
RIP

Novak
09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
the explosives limitations have been taken off

Was not able to make rocket cannons at any point of last match on Lego-4.

SAM
09-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Was not able to make rocket cannons at any point of last match on Lego-4.

Fixed

|uK|kenneth
09-15-2013, 07:12 AM
is it only me having trouble with the shock rifle? some of my shots didn"t register yesterday.

Shotman
09-15-2013, 10:14 AM
it's me to along with the sniper rifle it's getting annoying.

Cthulhu
09-15-2013, 03:44 PM
i liked the old siege more than this new versions with new stuff

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-16-2013, 09:02 AM
i liked the old siege more than this new versions with new stuff

same

Spiderman
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
No hits registering.Teles also fuked up,Mid spawn too FAST Seriously, Server is FUKED UP, Old was BEST.

|uK|kenneth
09-16-2013, 11:10 AM
No hits registering.

THIS^

|uK|MeNTaL^
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
No hits registering

I wouldn't say no hits are registering but most of the time there is a delay in shots with the sniper and shock.

Higor
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
What kind of delay?

Novak
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Say I switch to sniper or shock and try to fire immediately, holding finger on the fire button. It doesn't fire and I have to release fire and then refire. Considering how common weapon changes are, it is an issue that occurs with high frequency. Perhaps the anti-zp bug coding carried over into this issue.

Higor
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I see, I have the habit of waiting until the weapon finishes the animation before clicking, perhaps that's why I hadn't noticed that on these weapons, although it does happen to me frequently with the Flak Cannon.
I'm dealing with that issue as we speak, good to have some constructive criticism and helpful feedback for a change.

|uK|MeNTaL^
09-16-2013, 03:56 PM
I notice more with the shock, when standing doing a combo it should be about a dodge's worth of space but is alot more, inc the delay in beam

Higor
09-16-2013, 04:13 PM
The shock ball takes time to appear, just like it takes time for the client to tell the server said shock ball was hit.
Happens in the old ZP and in the new one.

One issue I want to correct for a later time (present in both ZP's), is the ability to do stand combos on pings greater than 350, where your shock ball appears later than when you shoot.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
im sorry but ive instantly had a shock ball come out and instantly hit it in tight situations to kill someone all within 1.5 seconds so that isnt true.

Higor
09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Try that after a massive lag (400 ms or higher), your Shock Rifle will do the hitscan shot after the server replicates the shock ball, other players will see the funky effect of you shooting through your own shock ball.

|uK|MeNTaL^
09-18-2013, 12:45 PM
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/skumbinator/Shot0002_zpsbe1527e5.png (http://s891.photobucket.com/user/skumbinator/media/Shot0002_zpsbe1527e5.png.html)

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2013, 12:55 PM
?

Higor
09-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Whops, forgot to fix that one.

PNutButterSnake
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
So I am not sure whether this is related to the UT redeemer bug, where sometimes it refuses to let you switch to it, or it changes around the order when you roll the mousewheel, but sometimes I can't switch to the nuke and have to switch to some other weapon and try again (just like in the original UT).

But what's weird is that I often hit a key for "best weapon," for which I have set up my weapons from highest-force/spammiest to lowest/most precise. So rockets get selected, and then I mousewheel down to flak quite often. Very often, it will skip over flak and go to minigun and I have to try again. I don't recall specifically having this problem in plain UT. Not sure if selecting rockets specifically in the bind would result in the same bug.

But neither of these are new bugs to Siege, and have been a problem since I started playing in June or whenever it was.

As for not registering hitscan weapons, yah, it's pretty bad sometimes. Minigun does it too. Sniper rifle is often useless in the water, but that's a UT99 bug that I confirmed with bots the other day (it just doesn't register in water often, even with direct hits in 0.25 slomo).

I also find sometimes that even rockets don't register. They will actually stop at the body of an enemy and everything, even with a bit of animation showing this, but there will be no hit sound and no damage. Didn't really notice that specific thing in the past (as always, with lag/network issues, rockets often bounce enemies around and do very little damage for some reason, even if you hit them with multiple rockets balled up multiple times at their feet, but this is different: i mean rockets hitting them directly in the chest, not the ground, and terminating their own lifespan as result, but doing no damage at all).

Not sure if it's just me, but sometimes, the shock balls now will pretend to have hit a far wall when going to combo, even though there is no way in heck they could have reached it yet. It's a bit confusing because it doesn't feel like a huge delay in the primary firing to me in this case, but just I see the animation of the ball hitting a wall, thus ruining the combo. I thought maybe it was hitting a player, but the player is NOT at the hit spot (any longer), so it looks like it hit a wall of air or something. Not sure. BUt it is ruining a lot of my combos. Timing with combos in general seems very inconsistent.