PDA

View Full Version : Siege Server

SilverWing
09-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Siege Server is in massacre, why hasn't it been roll backed to a working version. Where the hell is Blaze and Sam, you guys have seen the reports of problems and yet no action has been taken to fix the servers. Behalf of all the whining people please fix the server, I keep getting complaints from people when I can't do anything to fix the problem.

TDNConvict
09-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Siege Server is in massacre, why hasn't it been roll backed to a working version. Where the hell is Blaze and Sam, you guys have seen the reports of problems and yet no action has been taken to fix the servers. Behalf of all the whining people please fix the server, I keep getting complaints from people when I can't do anything to fix the problem.

agreed the previous version needs to be implemented on public server

|uK|fleecey
09-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Also, the mine limit shouldn't been added in the first place, since it was a vote and NO limit won.. just saying!

but agree, put it back please!

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3d/Give_that_man_a_cookie.jpg

--- Updated ---

Agree with fleece..

Banny
09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes! please this is a REQUEST, please put back the older version. The current version is terrible (no offences).

Higor
09-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Describe the issues, I'll list what's fixed on 0009 and what's not. (should be on before the weekend).

Cella
09-18-2013, 01:55 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img542/2360/rj1s.png

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
oh btw the ut3 map as lagging alot remove it.

'Zac
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
ZOMG!!!!11 your computer must suck, i have s3tc hd pack and highest settings a and no lag :)

SAM
09-18-2013, 03:31 PM
What's the problem with server?

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM
the point is zac, i was not the only one whining about lag..

|uK|fleecey
09-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Describe the issues, I'll list what's fixed on 0009 and what's not. (should be on before the weekend).

remove the mine limit

Shotman
09-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Zac do we care what you have? I agree with Kenneth it lags a lot even though i don't play UT much anymore due to having a job, it should be fixed for the low end computers. Fleece there is no problem with the mine limit, it is fine.

|uK|fleecey
09-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Zac do we care what you have? I agree with Kenneth it lags a lot even though i don't play UT much anymore due to having a job, it should be fixed for the low end computers. Fleece there is no problem with the mine limit, it is fine.

In this new version, i know.

Cella
09-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Shotman, you even said you hardly play anymore. Of Fleecey I know that she plays quite often, so I'd go for her word more then yours.

terminator
09-19-2013, 07:50 AM
if no EMP then don't remove mine limit!! Ffs..imagine maps like simplex and niven .. rare people enjoy playing 2 hours same map

|uK|kenneth
09-19-2013, 07:52 AM
if no EMP then don't remove mine limit!! Ffs..imagine maps like simplex and niven .. rare people enjoy playing 2 hours same map

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/8/80/Troll-face-problem.jpg

|uK|fleecey
09-19-2013, 08:58 AM

There was a poll about it, go check it out!

Shotman
09-19-2013, 11:32 AM
do you see fleecy style? Every time i play she makes mines, she just needs to adjust her gameplay, and terminator we went over that tell a teammate to nuke door and you can nuke their middle of the base or core. From the changes public has become a little smarter and now use the resources. Get used to it, it's been like a couple of days or week since it has been implemented.

Final Note no emp? you got fucking generade fucking use it.

Banny
09-19-2013, 12:04 PM
do you see fleecy style? Every time i play she makes mines, she just needs to adjust her gameplay, and terminator we went over that tell a teammate to nuke door and you can nuke their middle of the base or core. From the changes public has become a little smarter and now use the resources. Get used to it, it's been like a couple of days or week since it has been implemented.

Final Note no emp? you got fucking generade fucking use it.

Why you are so jelly of her style? Everyone has their own style , you cant ask anyone to change it just cause you find it annoying. Build your own style so that you can pass through the mines.

Secondly, Its grenade not generade and the range is way small for big spammy maps

Spiderman
09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
REMOVE MINE LIMIT, VOTE ALREADY DONE AND "NO MINE LIMIT" WON

terminator
09-19-2013, 02:33 PM
So far never tried that grenade. I wasn't here probably when the poll was on.. still i support higor with mine limit. It is too much of mines even with the limit. Time to use them smart and stop spamming it

SAM
09-19-2013, 03:13 PM
ATM the mine limit is at 25. 25 mines at any one time per team is a lot. If there's more than that then that's just over using them to defend rather than defending your base for yourself?

|uK|kenneth
09-19-2013, 03:33 PM
whats the fucking point of making a poll then? omg you guys are fucking retarded.

terminator
09-19-2013, 05:07 PM
ATM the mine limit is at 25. 25 mines at any one time per team is a lot. If there's more than that then that's just over using them to defend rather than defending your base for yourself?
SAM just told ya HATERZ and mine spammers!

SAM
09-19-2013, 05:10 PM
whats the fucking point of making a poll then? omg you guys are fucking retarded.

Wasn't everyone moaning pub is full of noobs and spammers? Small changes like this, add them all up, will help to improve the overall game play.

|uK|fleecey
09-19-2013, 05:12 PM

thanks for lying.

Shotman
09-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Why you are so jelly of her style? Everyone has their own style , you cant ask anyone to change it just cause you find it annoying. Build your own style so that you can pass through the mines.

Secondly, Its grenade not generade and the range is way small for big spammy maps

First i was talking from my phone and it is a forum, spelling and grammar is not a big issue.

Second, it is very useful you just need to learn how to shoot it, don't spam it like nubs. Learn to aim.

Thirdly, Building 100 mines is not a game style it is just spamming mines. Mine limit is 20, Supermines are unlimited. There is no big issue most maps you can just build 10 mines and you will be okay.

|uK|fleecey
09-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Wasn't everyone moaning pub is full of noobs and spammers? Small changes like this, add them all up, will help to improve the overall game play.

Why having a poll if you can't follow it? We don't want mine limit, thats why we had a poll about it. You don't even play siege..just let it back.

SAM
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
thanks for lying.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Hey SAM, yesterday, when I asked you, you mentioned the limit was removed

Yeah, sorry about that, I thought it was removed however the config was set to 25 instead. Personally I think 25 is enough.

Well, what a productive conversation that was! Let's have more of these in future :surprise:

|uK|fleecey
09-19-2013, 05:27 PM
First i was talking from my phone and it is a forum, spelling and grammar is not a big issue.

Second, it is very useful you just need to learn how to shoot it, don't spam it like nubs. Learn to aim.

Thirdly, Building 100 mines is not a game style it is just spamming mines. Mine limit is 20, Supermines are unlimited. There is no big issue most maps you can just build 10 mines and you will be okay.

Gamestyle or not, it was a fucking poll about it and adding a mine limit didn't win, did it? no. Listen to the rest of the players that agrees with me on it.
I don't build 100000+ mines anymore, but if people wanna make mines, let them do it, just nuke it and you will be fine..jesus christ.

--- Updated ---

Don't jump to conclusions.

Well, what a productive conversation that was! Let's have more of these in future :surprise:

I didn't see that msg anywhere, maybe cuz i logged out. You don't play siege, you don't know. Just remove the limit. I don't care if there is a mine limit on pug, that's fine, but on public, let it be!

|uK|kenneth
09-20-2013, 03:36 AM
its still public where noobs can come in have some fun and leave.
just tired of noobs not using their brain while playing siege.

|uK|MeNTaL^
09-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Just more dumb ass rules, by the way rules has killed UT for the past 6 year's. A mine limit, now that's just gay.. since the creation of siege there has never been a dumb rule like that, why? 1. Because alot of people don't mine up anyway 2. Ruin's it for the strategic mine player's, eg Fleece =) I don't mind the whole spawn weapon crap, even tho it makes some players even more spammy, or less interested in killing the core.. but i think you should of left it with that on the whole editing.(Contx and gaurdian where raped in a poll years ago, why the fuck are they back now lol)
It's like your trying change the way people play, no one will like that.

|uK|fleecey
09-20-2013, 05:49 AM
^

Cella
09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
In my opinion Shotman, if u can't pass fleecey mines on public, you suck. I've never had any mine problems on any closed map on public so far

TDNConvict
09-20-2013, 10:09 AM
25 is a lot. That shouldn't apply to 4way though hopefully.

In my opinion though the less rules we have the better. The mine limit in pugs is ok but its still really easy to attack.... The only reason I don't think you should have a mine limit in public is people make mines all over the place.. It could get to 25 quickly... and if your a good player who actually wants to make one on a portal or somewhere decent now your shit out of luck.....

OuTlaW
09-20-2013, 10:14 AM
1. Because alot of people don't mine up anyway
Noobs do, because they are not good at fragging they start spamming mines

Ruin's it for the strategic mine player's, eg Fleece
She's still a mine spammer >:( xD

Spiderman
09-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Mines are free to make? If no then why adding limits on it? The one who making, is spending his/her RU, so what kind of problem there? If want to add limit on mines as some so called pros are unable to nuke, then lets add limit on super protectors also, why? Because they defense the base. Then also on containers, why? Because they heal nearby buildings so they also do much defensive work. There is already a limit on super containers, force field and on others. Lets add one more and last limit on nukes, why? Because these also used as defensive nukes.

Shotman
09-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Cella is because you never played against a mine spammers. There were three people that had over 100 building if mines in the opposing team. Spiderman making post large and change.the color just makes me not want to listen to you. It's very childish and if rules really killed the game then how come other games aren't dead? For Pete's sake rules didn't kill shit, players did. Rules were made because of people abusing the.free play environment. I would not mind unlimited mins but when people start to abuse them to protect themselves from being killed. How about this limit mines of the zones they are. For example, simplex. Limit mines in the core 4-5, in base 10-15 outside the base 20 and middle 5-10. But team color don't matter for mines. It will influence mappers to make zones and it will put it into code like feri wanted.

terminator
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM
u heard SAM! MINE LIMIT IS ON!
Time to close the thread! 8)
Time to stop spamming mines and start playing siege

|uK|fleecey
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Higor SAM

Common sense, It was a poll about it, listen what the people voted it for also what mental said, it was a poll once upon a time about contx and gurdian, why add it again? I will bitch about this, because right should be right. I don't have any other problems with siege, maybe cuz my binds and shit are not fucked up and I think higor is doing a good job, but come on!

Pugs are fine with a mine limit, I don't mind that.

SAM
09-20-2013, 03:20 PM
God you bunch of bitches.

|uK|kenneth
09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
FFS SAM.

Cella
09-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Lol, I haven't played vs mine spammers? Simplex overtime is my most favorite shit on siege, and I played mcswartzly, shitvember, 4way command alot too. Pls I have super experience with minespammers. After all, I'm the simplexking bitches.

Chamberly
09-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I can imagine |uK|Fleecy and [ZSZ]L0V3_M0NK3Y will make a mine wonderland together. :) Yet, that would be hard to get through... lol.

But please... no mine limit. I love making lots of booby traps too.

|uK|kenneth
09-20-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm the simplexking bitches.

SORRY BRO BUT GRIMPLEX IS BACK!

Cella
09-20-2013, 08:13 PM
He already bite the dust this morning vs me :P

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-21-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm the simplexking bitches.

ROFL

one year of playing i doubt it

on another note i dont see what the problem is with limiting mines its actually a good idea...

terminator
09-21-2013, 05:03 PM
ROFL

one year of playing i doubt it

on another note i dont see what the problem is with limiting mines its actually a good idea...

This is what i call a COMMON SENSE! 8)

RTG`
10-06-2013, 04:14 PM
No one likes these server settings.. With this lag is just unplayable. The gameplay is most important, fix this at least.. its been too long and you guys keep doing dumb limitations that will also get you banned. If you guys want siege to be enjoyable for everyone then 'make' it to be for everyone not yourself. And if you guys want to make siege with your own rules and ideas don't make us give thoughts and suggestions. Just go on without caring.

You guys can work with developing a better version in future but at least keep the stable version so everyone would be happy. Don't force us to play it until we get used to it because this time we can't.

Peace :)

Booty
10-07-2013, 02:40 AM
From the last few polls we can conclude that the outcome of these polls matters shit. Perhaps next time all polls should be posted in spam section (if there is any), because no one gives a flying fuck about the majority vote anyways.

You either make changes on the basis of popular opinion or just make changes without asking. To ask people for their opinion in the first place and then disrespect it later is lame and demonstrates nothing else than lack of leadership - this is in no way aimed at anyone, just a small side note based on an observation of the fact that the management of this forum and servers are not communicating with each other at all. A division is perhaps on the way - not good for anyone.

SAM
10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Actually. We don't need to announce everything and to be honest I don't have the time to write everything out constantly. Having said that to put your mind at ease. There's a new release planned for this week that will implement some of these changes.

Really and truly though, we get roughly twenty people polling and even then with the siege population that's a relatively small amount. So poll keeping that in mind is not always an accurate reflection.

evilserpentman
10-08-2013, 09:58 AM
My opinion probably doesn't matter to most, due to me not being here relatively long and only being able to put in mediocre scores whilst making horrible urine related puns and pretending to be intelligent.

However, allow me to put in my two cents, as a guy who played siege in its early days.

I see the mine limit as no issue. In-fact, the only issue I see is the various hit registration failures. Appreciate the work Higor, even if I may not like it all, you're still doing more than what I can.

Anyway, I agree with the mine limit. 25 mines is a very generous amount considering I rarely see players get anywhere near that many. Sam does raise a good point about needing to defend the base, however public traditionally has no concern for defense, and usually only the most experienced of players will spend any time defending. Usually, you'll get people just wanting to relentlessly attack, causing quite a struggle. Mines can help with this, enabling attacks to be thwarted, however on most maps 25 mines should be more than enough to this. Choking down maps is never fun.

Fleece is also correct. Being a person who has studied statistics, surveying and market research, I see it odd that you'll take a poll's results and then seemingly ignore it because you find everyone's a bit bitchy. Whilst it is a convenience based poll and they usually have the least reliable results, it's still something that you should take note of. The most committed and vocal members of our siege community browse here, and whilst they may want things their way without thinking too much of the community as a whole, they still have a valuable opinion. Considering you guys got rid of the Neuron (which I didn't have a problem with really...) and the EMP (which made the game a lot more open and encouraged more teamwork), I understand you have tried to appease people in the past.
However, they'll always find something new to sook about, and it does get to the point where they just don't seem to matter too much anymore.

I get Higor works hard, being the only one coding (?), but he might need to hold a little more testing before he releases things to public. His ideas are ambitious, especially with what he works with, but maybe a bit too far-fetched at times. But look at GTA V and Simcity; even the big guns make mistakes, they don't always get their crap right either.

Siege had changed a lot in the time I took off from UT, and it was refreshing to come back and see things had changed. Now, there are more options and the gamestyle has changed again, and that's a good thing. If we didn't change the style somewhat, we'd have one of these threads complaining about how things are boring.

TL;DR
You're all right in one way and wrong in another. If your biggest problem in life is that a mod for a game that came out almost 15 years ago isn't exactly to your liking, then shit, I'm really jealous.