Mid Spawn - Change the timing [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Mid Spawn - Change the timing

|uK|chiseller
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Issue: Mid items spawn way too often at the moment (every 20-40 seconds or something).

For those not familiar with the PUG settings:
The first item spawns after 10 minutes and from there onwards every 3 minutes.

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I recorded times on spawn

Started from a pulse spawn, 40secs pulse spawned again, 28secs Red Ru spawned, 1.09secs Insta spawned, 45secs Blue Ru spawned, 1.36secs leecher spawned, 1.56secs GL spawned, 1.55 GL spawned again and then 45secs AMP spawned.

I also have other recorded times not aligned starting from 28seconds(Pulse)

|uK|fleecey
10-01-2013, 01:48 PM
The spawning is so stupid, it's spawn so fast.... goes like 30 sec and something spawns....everyone is just camping mid to get it and don't give a flying fuck about the game

|uK|kenneth
10-01-2013, 02:13 PM
lol fleece they do care about the game why else would they camp mid? to get something really good > to attack even better.

Higor
10-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Here's the official timers and the amount of spawns it takes.
All items that qualify during a spawn have equal chances of spawning, hence you see 2 variations of Pulse Rifle and Rubber Suit to make those appear more often.
Keep in mind that the difference between league and public is the amount of slots and the frequency items get wasted, which leads to early low spawn times.
EDIT: First spawn is at 400 seconds.

Item
Time
Between spawns
Notes

SuperWRU15
1 - 14
Very first spawn of game

SuperWRU30
2 - 17

SuperWRU60
4 - 34

SuperWRU120
8 -

SuperWRU240
20 -

MegaHealth
3 -

UDamage
5 -
x3 damage

sgShrinkerTimer
41 -

WildcardsMetalSuit
12 -

WildcardsRubberSuit
12 -

WildcardsRubberSuit
19 -
Less durability, can't be stacked with shield

HyperLeecher
3 - 24

ApeCannon
5 - 41

AsmdPulseRifle
6 -

AsmdPulseRifle
13 -

SiegeInstagibRifle
9 -

FlameThrower
16 -

sgGrenadeLauncher
16 -

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
public is fucking terrible at the moment

|uK|fleecey
10-01-2013, 04:19 PM
public is fucking terrible at the moment

See, even blaze think so... please change the old version back until this one is fixed........

SAM put the old one until everything is fixed in the public one... we are not crying, but its kind of not fun to play when things is not working

|uK|kenneth
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Fleece for head admin!

Cthulhu
10-01-2013, 05:44 PM
keep ruining siege...

evilserpentman
10-02-2013, 12:55 AM
There is a point where the phrase "it's broken", actually means "I don't like it because it's different."

Admittedly though, there are some holes in the new system. This is one of them.

HIGH+CAMILO
10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
The spawning is so stupid, it's spawn so fast.... goes like 30 sec and something spawns....everyone is just camping mid to get it and don't give a flying fuck about the game

UT and Razvan.

Its too fast. A lot of 150RU tho...

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-02-2013, 11:54 AM
I was surprised to see Shockwave camping mid alot today, it's a curse.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Timer on public, 1st spanw at 10 minutes, and others 2 by 2 minutes

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I was in spec yesterday on Simplex and watching mid spawn, I saw first the rubber suit, then 23 seconds later the grenade and then the 2500RU crystal 32 seconds later, I was a bit "WTF?" at that. the next one didnt spawn for 7 minutes and that was blue gun. problem with the timers Higor ?

after that I watched grim with shrinker, looked like a doll, (first doll grim has ever had that he didn't have to blow up first. :D ) so didn't count any of the spawns after but I can say it was in overtime at 23 minutes elapsed

edit : The poll here is clearly showing what the majority feel, another poll that should be honoured IMO :)

HIGH+CAMILO
10-07-2013, 08:58 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};65856']I was in spec yesterday on Simplex and watching mid spawn, I saw first the rubber suit, then 23 seconds later the grenade and then the 2500RU crystal 32 seconds later, I was a bit "WTF?" at that. the next one didnt spawn for 7 minutes and that was blue gun. problem with the timers Higor ?

after that I watched grim with shrinker, looked like a doll, (first doll grim has ever had that he didn't have to blow up first. :D ) so didn't count any of the spawns after but I can say it was in overtime at 23 minutes elapsed

edit : The poll here is clearly showing what the majority feel, another poll that should be honoured IMO :)

Thats why noobs are camping on mid now...

TDNConvict
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
here is my opinion on the subject

The public server should reflect the gu season settings. If we want people to get better and participate in the season we shouldn't ask them to play with totally different settings on the public server. It seems especially bad lately that the public server is just a dumping grounds to change things without notifying the community at all or caring if people like the changes or not.

The public server if fine to test one or two things out on but completely changing mid, timing, binds, lag etc in one version is eventually going to kill the public scene.

Higor
10-07-2013, 01:37 PM
We're talking about a 22 slot server where 70% of the players don't pug or care about being competitive at all.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};65856]problem with the timers Higor ?
Those timings seem impossible, I got sam's INI file and I'll do a local run for abnormalities.

TDNConvict
10-07-2013, 10:47 PM
We're talking about a 22 slot server where 70% of the players don't pug or care about being competitive at all.

Those timings seem impossible, I got sam's INI file and I'll do a local run for abnormalities.

Your missing the point completely and have shown why so many people have been complaining. when new players from ig or anywhere go into public server it's a complete joke and shouldn't be a dumping ground just because u feel like it.

If it was more pro and had the same binds and settings as pugs maybe you would get more people trying to be competitive.

Shotman
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Public will become more pro and competitive if you start to make changes that affect gameplay in a positive way. Just because it is public does not mean you can throw a bunch of useless shit in it and say have fun. From the other thread (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/buildable-ape-cannon-remove-4298/index3.html), you and severed just randomly started to talk about the hook project, where as others were complaining and making a point. It just seems you don't care. Answer the posts instead of ignoring them, at least respond with your opinion don't start to talk about a new project or shit. Then on the feri NW3 thread, you were talking about adding more weapons or displays to siege. How about this, fix the issues that the public are complaining. Adding more stuff should be the last thing on your mind.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM
there was a time (4 years ago) when public was actually very competitive with VERY even teams most of you werent here then and also before that so wouldnt know what "real" games feel like. PUG's will always be one sided because of the nature of the pick order and captains not even attempting to make teams fair cause they dont wanna lose.

Only people who will know real siege games is myself silverwing shiva osyris chiseller mental sonic fido chronox snakeeyes and the other old school siegers that are left here which is minimal

Spiderman
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Thats why m playing other online games more than UT now a days as no one cares much about public server.

Just think in this way, like as we all know that in public when new players enter in the running match, then balancer dont do much to balance teams, teams can be stacked very easily, as like some players on ts, say other to when join (i have seen this many time, but who cares here). then in public players of other team start saying "Stack" bla bla... In that kind of situation or when 1 team got more players with good aim, then as we all know that team starts dominating, at that point other team still have some chances BUT Sh*t happens when there is too fast MID SPAWN because that gives more and more abilities to that team which is already dominating as other team failing too much to reach even to mid, as campers of dominating team stays there to get mid spawn food (Why players will try to go in enemy base to get RU by leech from their buildings or by killing players as they know everything just coming so fast at mid, so lets camp at mid?). So a little imbalance in teams with fast mid spawn leads to failure to make it a competitive match. And at that point most of players leave the server or try to shift to other team.

Public Server is Dying, SAVE it

HIGH+CAMILO
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
there was a time (4 years ago)... Only people who will know real siege games is myself silverwing shiva osyris chiseller mental sonic fido chronox snakeeyes and the other old school siegers that are left here which is minimal

I´m playing siege since 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw where is moska i miss that bastard)

|uK|kenneth
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
can't even count it on 1 hand.

Higor
10-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Most are still missing the main point of this thread.
Spawn timings aren't what they seem to be, specially after 20 minutes into the game.

I made an erroneous table because I didn't see at all of the changes SAM made to it, and it actually reflects something way different than what some are perceiving posting.
My local tests did show how mid starts taking a lot longer as the game advances, even longer than the RC21's random spawner which ranged between 45-90 seconds spawning stuff like 3 flamethrowers in a row by minute 12 of the game.

I'm done with this thread.

Item
Time
Between spawns
Notes

SuperWRU15
1 - 14
Very first spawn of game

SuperWRU30
2 - 17

SuperWRU60
4 - 34

SuperWRU120
8 -

SuperWRU240
20 -

MegaHealth
3 -

UDamage
5 -
x3 damage

sgShrinkerTimer
41 -

WildcardsMetalSuit
12 -

WildcardsRubberSuit
12 -

WildcardsRubberSuit
19 -
Less durability, can't be stacked with shield

HyperLeecher
3 - 24

ApeCannon
5 - 41

AsmdPulseRifle
6 -

AsmdPulseRifle
13 -

SiegeInstagibRifle
9 -

FlameThrower
16 -

sgGrenadeLauncher
16 -
0011: 3 ammo types with random amounts

Moskva
10-08-2013, 03:41 PM
(btw where is moska i miss that bastard)

Real life friends, totally recommend it, graphics are awesome and gameplay aint bad

~~D4RR3N~~
10-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Real life friends, totally recommend it, graphics are awesome and gameplay aint bad
Sorry, dont have money to buy it and is too expensive