(buildable) Ape cannon - Remove it? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : (buildable) Ape cannon - Remove it?

|uK|chiseller
10-01-2013, 11:55 AM
:ape:

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM
To be honest 90% of players don't buy the item and when it's spawned in mid alot of people don't even switch to it.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-01-2013, 12:40 PM
It's an over powered weapon for people who can't aim.

OuTlaW
10-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Remove the blue gun too, they're both useless when they are buildable… just make them midspawns

Higor
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Remove the blue gun too, they're both useless when they are buildable… just make them midspawns
So they become even more useless.
You haven't crossed paths with bridge ASMD defender on Clarion it seems.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
while you're at it, take the grenade out of mid spawn and put that as buildable for 3k RU at least to stop the ridiculous spam or reduce its ammo count.

Higor
10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
The buildable version already exists.
There's also 4 additional buildables:
- EMP Launcher
- Napalm Launcher
- Gas Launcher
- Fragmentation Launcher
These provide one kind of grenade type.

But I still think the GL in mid isn't as abused on open/long range maps.
The gameplay impact between maps like MiniCivil, BlackRiver, Clarion doesn't compare to the one on Coret, Niven, McSwartzly. Which is why the weapon was created in the first place, you don't really want to return to those old 4 hour games in these small maps, do you?

Coll@
10-01-2013, 04:06 PM
we dont need more wapons ... we need new buildings :)

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Making the GL a buyable item is a terrible idea, this will encourage players to waste ru. Remember this is a team game.

Higor, i don't see any difference in the game times for when i played in 2008.. No mid spawn back then.

SAM
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Shall we just go back to xxl2g and stop releasing new versions? I'm sure higor can spend his time on better and more productive things. Any single change everyone constantly bitch about while nobody makes any suggestions or ideas.

With time things change, people change and even games change. Stop being stuck in stone ages. No one will stick around for the 'same tired ok version' forever.

|uK|chiseller
10-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Shall we just go back to xxl2g and stop releasing new versions? I'm sure higor can spend his time on better and more productive things. Any single change everyone constantly bitch about while nobody makes any suggestions or ideas.

With time things change, people change and even games change. Stop being stuck in stone ages. No one will stick around for the 'same tired ok version' forever.

I don't understand why you only see the extremes (xxl2g and what we currently have). I don't think anyone asks to put xxl2g back. All we are asking for are thoughtful changes that make the game better and not worse. There's a difference between arbitrary changes and changes for the better.

Now, since you argue that without all these drastic changes Siege would slowly sink into obscurity, I'd just point out the most obvious argument against that statement: IG
There's a reason why IG is the most popular UT mode by far and it has been like that for many years now. The main reason is because it's the same tired ok version since its beginning with minor changes to improve the gameplay.
Call it coincidence but ever since these new updates were introduced, my subjective perception leads me to believe that the public server is slowly losing traffic.

'Zac
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
i think siege is fine the way it is
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/ideas_zps9112df93.jpeg (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/ideas_zps9112df93.jpeg.html)

|uK|kenneth
10-02-2013, 03:39 AM
you can't compare siege with IG man common you should know better chis -.-'

HIGH+CAMILO
10-02-2013, 08:36 AM

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-02-2013, 10:49 AM

I personally dont think its about bitching about changes or whining, its input, its more along the lines the players opinions seem to keep getting ignored (mines poll for example), a set up that makes 60-70% of the players happy is better than 60-70% not happy but have no choice in the matter and have to put up with it.

I mean no disrespect to Higor at all but he does seem like he is advancing the development of siege to his own liking and no one else's input is taken into account.

2 or 3 people can be called whiners but when its 20+ people all complaining about the same thing then that HAS to be listened to and the version rolled back until the next update is released (like the hit time outs, most of us are getting fed up hitting someone 10 times in the head with sniper and only one shot actually executing)

Big or small map, the GL is spammy as hell and once 5-6 rounds of the flame or poison are fired it blankets the base, when they burn out then another 5 rounds fired, disabling the base for a minute or two, you cant defend properly because you cant see a damn thing, it wrecks the game and I am not the only one who thinks that but we are all being completely ignored, been like that since Higor started the development.

you cant make everyone happy but listening to at least 50% of the people who play would be a nice change instead of being totally ignorant involving polls and players opinions (seen as whining but it isn't)

To be honest, there is hardly anything that is visually different that I can see apart from the conts flicker now since I first started playing siege, all I have seen is weapons added and functions removed along side code tweaks and maybe making the code a lot more stable which avoids the server crashing. the only thing I have really seen more than anything is things removed and added and the players as a majority are blatantly being ignored.

kinda "its how I like it, if you dont like it then GTFO"

Listen to the players for once, its not bitching sam, its input for future development, without it the mod will get ass raped and become a fail, 9 years building RocketX taught me that lesson.

you cant make everyone happy but at least try to find a happy medium and listen to the input in a constructive way.

This is only on my opinion by taking in all the complaints and suggestions into consideration that I have seen, others may agree with me or they wont, but I have a feeling the majority are unhappy with quite a few changes that have been made, they dont ask for it to be removed but at least have the decency to compromise.

not hard...want to add something new? make a POLL so you can see the feedback from the players and if it would be a good idea instead of if you dont like it then tough shit because its staying.

|uK|kenneth
10-02-2013, 11:18 AM
OMFG http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/836205255_1378640696.jpg

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-02-2013, 11:59 AM

I'm with you on that, it's a big waste of ru to buy the pulse gun when you know it spawns. Encouraging players to buy the item is a bad idea when the RU could be used to upgrade buildings or something Usefull.

|uK|chiseller
10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
you can't compare siege with IG man common you should know better chis -.-'
? I am not comparing siege with IG. What I am saying is that a mode doesn't need changes every few weeks to be popular, IG is the living proof. Therefore, SAM's argument ("No one will stick around for the 'same tired ok version' forever") doesn't apply here.

and what Fluke said.

SAM
10-02-2013, 01:12 PM
There is no mine limit anymore though.

OuTlaW
10-02-2013, 02:02 PM
So they become even more useless.
You haven't crossed paths with bridge ASMD defender on Clarion it seems.

You don't seem playing in the public that much higor, people don't or barely build these things anymore…

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-02-2013, 03:07 PM
I have yet to see anyone build any of the weapons (apart from the odd new comer to siege which is rare) so why have any of them build-able at all?

as for the mine limit sam, that was more down to overwhelming pressure from the majority after the poll was ignored for a while, wouldn't be a good idea to ignore the opinions in chis's polls as well, they are all valid and are getting voted on and should be listened to by Higor, just like the results so far in this poll, the result is overwhelming to remove it so remove it!!!!

you build a mod around your players and not force them to like the developers choice in what goes in the mod, that's what keeps it fresh, having happy players is far more important, releasing a new version every ten minutes with more bugs each time it is released is also creating a lot of tension and rage on the server and should be stopped, one release every month or two is enough, seems every new version that is released Higor follows it up shortly with a thread or reply something like "I will make a patch/fix and add it"... where what should happen is you roll back the version, fix the problem and THEN release it again, not release a broken version you have to patch over and over again which is what I have seen pretty much from day one, I have never seen one mod released so many times in such a short space of time. I have 40 different versions of siege in my system folder which is absolutely ridiculous considering I have only been playing siege for just over a year.

bottom line IMO stop adding weapons and changing things without getting some input from the players who are keeping the servers alive first.

RE: chis stating about iG, I got exactly what he meant, iG is the same now as it was back in 2000 and it is still the most popular gametype in UT99 and always has been. so compare this to the current siege version, nothing visual has been changed, just weapons added and things pulled out, now imagine iG and someone edits the ZP insta and decides "a cool spammy grenade launcher needs to be added!!!...they still have the iG but now also have another weapon that royally screws up the game for the players, you want to keep the traffic, not force them away with constant changes, people have complained for months now and no changes are being made in their favor.

quite a few have said to me they wont bother posting their opinions because it immediately gets shot down and called whining, its input!!!...listen to it!!

This as I said in last post is only how I see it and in no way am I trying to disrespect anyone or their work but come on, enough is enough now, people are going past the annoyed stage and not caring and losing interest in playing siege (not my words, had this said to me many times)

I will be amazed if Higor listens to anyone but hey, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong Higor... DARE you :P

(sorry for the two book length posts, need to lay off the coffee I think. :S)

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it. Include the ridiculous midspawn time and all the other changes that make public so terrible recently, development dont listen so everyones just slowly moving away from siege. Like it or not that is a true and just statement and I can speak for others here when I say they have no interest in joining the public server at the moment

~~D4RR3N~~
10-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Fluke, ur posts may be long, but they are so true i could read them over and over and still agree with them.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-02-2013, 06:27 PM
lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it. Include the ridiculous midspawn time and all the other changes that make public so terrible recently, development dont listen so everyones just slowly moving away from siege. Like it or not that is a true and just statement and I can speak for others here when I say they have no interest in joining the public server at the moment

I agree Blaze, I personally I think the "Lag Compensator" is doing the exact opposite of what it is meant to do, something else that needs to be removed as it is clearly has a massive amount of bugs, its like adding a weapon that doesn't fire anything, wouldn't keep that on a server would you ?

no one is saying get rid of these things completely (well, i'm not anyway) but at least make sure they work 100% before forcing the players to use a clearly broken mod for a long time while its "fixed" and tone them down to fit neatly with the game, the GL just doesn't belong in siege in its current set up IMO and neither does the lag creator, sorry, I mean compensator :P

Higor you know the lag compensator is causing massive problems, why are you still forcing people to use it?

I am guessing you have used a ZP style system for the minigun as well, if you dont want to lose the ZP minigun then remove lag compensator and add ZeroPing211, this is the only version of ZP to have a ZP minigun, you will be lucky to find a copy to download but I would be more than happy to give uK the 211 files so you can have time to fix the things that are broken before adding more things that is just going to piss people off.

I'm going to stop with the coffee and take some sedatives now....lol

Booty
10-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Ape Cannon is the most useless weapon on siege - what does it give? More damage than the regular one? More amo? ... nothing .....

Here is a suggestion - add combo effect to insta with same amo usage - 3 for comobo 1 for regular ...

Otherwise, since we are on adding spree and fucking a nice working game up - add grappling hook instead of translocator lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Otherwise, since we are on adding spree and fucking a nice working game up - add grappling hook instead of translocator lol

LOL....oh imagine the incoming polls if that happened.

Higor
10-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I have a fancy 'spiderman hook' weapon in my prototypes.
I'd quote Blaze's post last year just to showcase his 'polite' opinion about grapples on Siege but i'm feeling too lazy to do that.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-03-2013, 03:19 PM
lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it.

The very reason I don't like playing siege, very frustrating hitting someone 20 times with the sniper, and then being killed by the person spamming the noobiegun, I mean minigun, from 150,150.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-03-2013, 06:08 PM
i'd say implement 211 it fixes the zp bug when you double fire one shot when switching straight to a weapon get rid of the current so called "zp" which is terrible, I mean I can still destroy people but its frustrating to try hitting people over a ping of 200 as they are favoured more over someone shooting at them with lower ping

.seVered.][
10-03-2013, 10:02 PM
I have a fancy 'spiderman hook' weapon in my prototypes.
I'd quote Blaze's post last year just to showcase his 'polite' opinion about grapples on Siege but i'm feeling too lazy to do that.

As do I (as you already know). I like the swinging action instead of the straight line. and it's mostly already written (thank you Higor)... maybe we could add a 'severed' aspect to it.. and make it "CUTTABLE" . like if the Base gets shot you fall.

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
please don't add a grappling hook!

deluxeorgasm
10-06-2013, 07:02 AM
ape canon is not useful and i doubt anyone spends ru on it

~~D4RR3N~~
10-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I thought Ape cannon was just a troll weap, made for CHIMP...
Remove that lag compensator...,...

TDNConvict
10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
HIGOR

can we please make a condom suit - I will paypal you to create this...put it in midspawn and make it buildable as well - make it impervious to slime/goop of course and to all weapons except rockets

on a more serious note if you want siege to be taken seriously you should get rid of a lot of the retarded rules that get people banned, remove some of the worthless mid spawns like ape cannon, green gun, suits, grenade, blue gun, etc

but whatever the season is over I really don't care how badly you f up the public server other than that it will eventually come back to kill the siege mod and effectively next season... i'm not around enough anymore tho and won't be until maybe dec..

Chamberly
10-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Shield belt = condom suit. That's all. Hehehehe!

.seVered.][
10-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Shield belt = condom suit. That's all. Hehehehe!

More like

ShieldBelt + Toxin Suit = Condom Suit. LOL

--- Updated ---

ape canon is not useful and i doubt anyone spends ru on it

Not sure if the APECannon was made for GRIM or Chimp (probably BOTH), but only SKILLED Ape's know how to use it well...

Chamberly
10-12-2013, 06:34 AM
[;66157]More like

ShieldBelt + Toxin Suit = Condom Suit. LOL

How about when nukers decided to pack on many condom suit just to be "protected"!

Super Jetpack (or just jetpack), Metal Suit, Shield Belt, Jump boot, Trans (lv 5) + Nuke... do they really need all of that condom packed on at once? So that sounds like a noob way to get away with things, but waste of RU too. lol.

audiosonic
10-12-2013, 07:33 AM
xDDDDDDDDDDD