PDA

View Full Version : CTF-Control / Control_LE

Blackdeath
10-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi all. I'll be right down to it
I know.. CTF-Control is one of the most popular maps. But recently it's impossible to play here (UK server especially). Every times there are 3,4 idiots who camp in mid for ALL 15 MIN.
Now, i don't want explain nick list (is too long).
The point is:
1) unfortunately is necessary remove control/control LE to map list because some people laming all time
2) all people that think this is a DM server (camping maybe) have ban
3) players, who want play ctf, waiting other map

I apologize if I can be rude, but I'm tired of seeing people (with experience) who likes to destroy the game of other players.

Thanks

SAM
10-04-2013, 04:36 PM
If you can submit demo of the people who camp mid we will enforce bans. There's no reason to remove a map because a few people lame.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Control is a good map for a pub, euro servers are always the worst for people camping and laming.

UNrealshots
10-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Most maps are unplayable on both the US and UK basicly because of how badly people lame as in deathmatching mid chasing base to base backshooting CONSTANTLY camping in corners camping spawns it's come to the point where ban half the people in the server so this shit comes to a stop.

Trajik
10-04-2013, 08:29 PM
ban half the people in the server so this shit comes to a stop.
BAN em ALL SHOTS! hahaha

Higor
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
ban half the people in the server so this shit comes to a stop.

And people criticised me for handing out Sup Spam bans like candies a few months ago.
This will have a positive effect in the long run.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-04-2013, 09:46 PM
It sucks that you can't put pepper spray in peoples monitors, and everytime they lame they get sprayed in their eyes.

UNrealshots
10-05-2013, 01:03 AM
that would be a nice idea and also have a radius on the flag carrier so if you are not in that radius and you backshoot someone you get sprayed in the fuckin face. that would eliminate the backshooting for the most part only problem I see with it is people defending or covering the flag in the base and they venture out the flag radius and get blinded by shooting some1 that is fixing to come in and kill the flag carrier

Chamberly
10-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Hahahahaa, that remind me of playing Mario Karts with Oil spills everywhere on the screen. Should do that... xD

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-05-2013, 07:33 AM
you want to talk about dm, try playing control on combogib.

TimTim
10-05-2013, 07:56 AM
You know... realistically, you could make a special type of hidden actor (similar to a trigger with a semi-large radius) that could be placed on certain maps that tracks how many times someone killed the enemy within a certain area facing a certain direction. And if the percentage of kills matching that criteria exceed say, 75%, within a 3 minute or so timespan, they get kicked from the server. Or a simpler version might just be to do something similar but only look at the direction they're facing; although I can't imagine it being as cut and dry as looking within a known laming radius.

'Zac
10-05-2013, 10:44 AM
You know... realistically, you could make a special type of hidden actor (similar to a trigger with a semi-large radius) that could be placed on certain maps that tracks how many times someone killed the enemy within a certain area facing a certain direction. And if the percentage of kills matching that criteria exceed say, 75%, within a 3 minute or so timespan, they get kicked from the server. Or a simpler version might just be to do something similar but only look at the direction they're facing; although I can't imagine it being as cut and dry as looking within a known laming radius.

so now if your covering the flag carrier and clearing the way, you're whole covering squad gets kicked, gg

Higor
10-05-2013, 12:54 PM
This might encourage some fancy backwards running tactics for flag grabbers.

PNutButterSnake
10-05-2013, 08:50 PM
When the hell did "chasing," and "backshooting" become some kind of intolerable thing. Those weren't even terms in the old days.

Covering, defense, and control of the map. Seem like legitimate tactics to me. I don't know why some of you have decided to redefine the game to be so biased towards Flag Carriers. (Same for Siege, except for attackers).

Spawn camping is common though, and has never been cool. Some maps pretty much are designed for it (think: w00t maps, AndAction, etc). I do feel like some players overdo it on these maps.

But seeking to get control of the map, pre-emptively stop flag carriers/attackers, killing people who are obviously going after your flag carrier and can't be bothered to deal with you, and so forth, were always perfectly legitimate parts of the game. Since when did all other types of players than attackers become 2nd class citizens.... or no, make that illegals. Sigh.

Not everyone is a pro at attacking. I am not so good at it. My strength is awareness of enemies and stopping them from gaining contol of the map or getting near my flag/buildings. Can't I be allowed to be good at something and have a role in the game? Does everyone have to conform to one single type of play style? It's not as though I haven't tried to get better as an attacker. It's been many years. It's just not my strength. Nor do I enjoy it as much even when I am good at it in a particular match.

Just my two cents. I see a lot of whining and complaining about things that seem legit.

And by the way, you know how we dealt with such individuals in the old days? We *addressed* their tactics by adjusting our own. Instead of whining the rest of the match and seeking a ban, we'd communicate to our team (yes, even in public), and also go after them ourselves, until that particular threat/tactic was disabled. I *still* do this every time I play. And it's great. It makes UT tactical instead of just a one-dimensional game.

Trajik
10-05-2013, 09:41 PM
And by the way, you know how we dealt with such individuals in the old days? We *addressed* their tactics by adjusting our own. Instead of whining the rest of the match and seeking a ban, we'd communicate to our team (yes, even in public), and also go after them ourselves, until that particular threat/tactic was disabled.
I remember that, those were the days...times are different now,alot of players are trying to be the Top scorer at the end of the game.I like your argument about the Covering ,defense thing. But some people abuse it..and that's when bans are handed out.@UNrealshots can explain it abit more thoroughly.

TimTim
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
If you thought the idea I outlined had any chance of kicking legitimate players, read it again. There's no chance of that happening.

Trajik
10-05-2013, 10:28 PM
If you thought the idea I outlined had any chance of kicking legitimate players, read it again. There's no chance of that happening.
I don't think he's had the pleasure of being in a Game full of DM'ers and Backshooters. Fuckin aggravating.

UNrealshots
10-05-2013, 10:59 PM
That's why I dont understand why somebody jumps into a conversation they know nothing about play some games in the Public instagib server's you will know instantly what we are talking about its nothing like it was back in the old days it's pretty bad some maps its impossible to get 5 grabs when everyone is backshooting and chasing as soon as they get a cap or 2 I have to warn like 5 people so the flow of the game is actually fun alot of people are giving up and leaving because its so fucking bad as of late even I dont even like it and I dont enjoy it once so ever I try to run Pure o that means no backshooting just straight running I'll shoot some1 in the back via covering/running or they are covering their FC or if I run past them and they turn around to look at me I'm going to take that shot. Thats the mindset in the publics now you cant even run offense without having to make sure your back isnt getting humped by the person that just past you.

Shotman
10-06-2013, 12:25 AM
i think this became more than of an issue around 2008sh where all of the sudden egos > sportsmanship and teamplay

Z3D
10-06-2013, 11:27 AM
1st of all i wanna say Hi to all of the members of the forum. Its the 1st time i post here and i want to contribute for a better server despite the fact that i don't play very often.

I understand that the laming and the dming are killing the fun on the server, yeah i know that you all look at the PT players like i am as assruners but not all of them are like that. About the lamming, backshoting and all that stuff the solution is all about educate players and one of the things that could be done is like TimTim said, just create some automatic thing that every time that you lame you lose for example cookies, when your cookies reach zero you will be banned for 7 days and then start again with 50 cookies.
About the Dming you can create a better team balance that when we say !teams the game checks the game about who is the winning team and the one who frags more (for example) and then just move that person to the other team forcing her to taste the same thing that was done to the others.
This is just some ideas to try to make the server better without ask every time for some admin to go there.
I'm sory for my English!!

Cya

Blackdeath
10-06-2013, 11:47 AM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/833/cjpp.png

First Red. Laming and backshooting all time

Camper
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/833/cjpp.png

First Red. Laming and backshooting all time
http://i.imgur.com/zwOv59w.jpg

UNrealshots
10-18-2013, 02:04 AM
Server possibly getting packeted right now SAM US server that is

SAM
10-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Can you post some trace please shots?

UNrealshots
10-18-2013, 03:41 AM
I would but the US server is down at the moment been down for a little while basicly right after it seemed like it was being packeted the server would redbox every 10-20ish seconds everybody left after it kept doing it

UNrealshots
10-19-2013, 03:57 AM
Server is still down since yesterday SAM

COMBO is down siege is down aswell but the pure instagib US server has been down ever since I reported about the redboxing

heard sometihng died hardware failure @ provider?

SAM
10-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Read down until further notice thread.

frog
10-19-2013, 12:49 PM
we don't know if remove all maps like control and action woot... will stop lamers the good players know all spawn point on almost all maps now to safe a public server about spawn its spawn protect there are many mod who gives 1 or 2 sec spawn protect or kill player who made spawn shot but in these case it will killing game thats unplayable ive tested that on sniper servers the solution is make a mod who send a warning message after more 5 spawnkills like smartctf do this player is spawn lamer bu t with a kik option maybe another bullshit solution just an idea cu around have fun