PDA

View Full Version : Siege rebuilt

SAM
10-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Siege has been rebuilt. All of it from memory using the pug version with zeroping.

I didn't have time to refine the map list. Will do tomorrow.

Spiderman
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Siege has been rebuilt. All of it from memory using the pug version with zeroping.

I didn't have time to refine the map list. Will do tomorrow.

Thanks for the efforts to get servers back online.
On siege server I have some ping problem (F6 ping), it was 270-290 but now its 370-400. On talk with Banny, he said he also getting more ping than usual. I have 270-290 on the backup server, i mean that of Convict.

SAM
10-23-2013, 12:16 PM
You need to make tracert and winmtr to the server.

Cella
10-23-2013, 03:53 PM
200 ping on it, gg.

SAM
10-23-2013, 04:40 PM
200 ping on it, gg.

Dead post deserve dead answers. Look at the above post and if you can do something productive about it. I might be helpful.

'Zac
10-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Finally, its back to the way it was before, awesome!

SAM
10-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Finally, its back to the way it was before, awesome!

These type of answers help nothing and is exactly why higor left. If you can't provide any helpful information where I can help resolve the issue then please, fuck off. I can give some very unhelpful shit too. : )

Chamberly
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Sam, I thought you left it on RC21. What were the idea of the change after setting the servers back up?

'Zac
10-23-2013, 09:48 PM
These type of answers help nothing and is exactly why higor left. If you can't provide any helpful information where I can help resolve the issue then please, fuck off. I can give some very unhelpful shit too. : )
I compliment you and then pour hate on my face...cool...
Well, its better than before of course. The constructor feels a little delayed at times but thats all

Moskva
10-23-2013, 09:51 PM
lol I thought that also, that Zac was making a possitive comment about the server

Cella
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Server is 50% to what it was:

- Hits still not registering. (for me the sniper in 99% of the case, and pulse is impossible to kill someone as youre suppose to kill someone with low health)
- Moderators are still .......... but yeah guess that never will be fixed

Now lets see where honesty brings us.

SAM
10-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Hits not registering? Odd because the server is using zeroping

|uK|chiseller
10-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Server feels good except the occasional weapon lag i.e. shots are delayed or not happening at all.
Grenade launcher is missing its special ammo.. not that I would mind.

Chamberly
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM
For some reason I feel that ZP make shots too easy. I can do some random 360 spin and then HEADSHOTOTOTOTOOTTTT! :P lol.

But I like to throw darts shots. :)

Edit: Just played a bit, I was getting quite a bit of lags as well.
Same with watching opposite team get boosted out of their base (bathroom) from a booster and somehow when that player was dead, their body was still flying then disappear. I thought it was alive from the look of it. Strange lol.

|uK|fleecey
10-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Maps are going on repeat, bath, niven, bath, niven... change that please.
Sever is a big laggy, shots doesnt really get register again... but my ping is fine tho and i dont get PL as far as i know!

SilverWing
10-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Maps are going on repeat, bath, niven, bath, niven... change that please.
Sever is a big laggy, shots doesnt really get register again... but my ping is fine tho and i dont get PL as far as i know!

Changed the value of maps that should be reded out from 6 to 12.

'Zac
10-25-2013, 04:18 PM
It's not the just the weapons, changing options in the constructor are a bit delayed as well.. think i said that already though

|uK|fleecey
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
just to add up some more problems, its nexgen.. time used to be 75 min right? Now its 50 min.. i changed to 75 on the map we were playing. Also, team switching is allowed again and you have to remove it every map. When teams are uneven it doesnt show any message, you have to check yourself and type !t

also, on the new maps on the list, some of them giving mismatch like HIGH map, some people crash on it and some got mismatch..

Spiderman
10-26-2013, 02:19 AM
time used to be 75 min right?

80 min.

|uK|chiseller
10-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Hits not registering? Odd because the server is using zeroping

I don't think so?
Hits are really not registering at times.
Pulse and mini are ridiculously overpowered, still.
Odd weapon lag every now and then.
Headshots are displayed as body shots.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-26-2013, 07:46 PM
many times 100% of sniper fires not register... i need to change the weapon and get sniper again for fix this
Pulse and mini, mainly minigun really are ridiculously overpowered... all no skill noobs are using minigun cuz the zp fire is exaggeratedly easy to hit and the damage is too high

Chamberly
10-26-2013, 08:11 PM
/downloads/Unreal Tournament/Map Repository/BunnyTrack/CTF-BT/ (http://koregaming.com/downloads/Unreal%20Tournament/Map%20Repository/BunnyTrack/CTF-BT/)
/downloads/Unreal Tournament/Map Repository/BunnyTrack/BT/ (http://koregaming.com/downloads/Unreal%20Tournament/Map%20Repository/BunnyTrack/BT/)

I think i'll zip some files now and then upload them later somewhere... not sure where to.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-26-2013, 08:17 PM
its because of the lag compensator implemented in siege iv or whatever version it is

Chamberly
10-26-2013, 08:21 PM
its because of the lag compensator implemented in siege iv or whatever version it is

I thought it was just SiegeIV with ZP and nothing with LC?

SAM
10-26-2013, 08:24 PM
This just proves you guys are moaning about nothing. The server is zeroping and you can check by doing the mutate zp_on or off

Chamberly
10-26-2013, 10:03 PM
So, someone voted for CTF-High (apparently it don't seem to be CTF-High[+]) and then all of the sudden, server is empty. If I've heard before, it is b/c of mismatch.

[21:32] <@Cha> severed thank u for telling me. ichanged it for u lol
[21:32] <@seVered> changed what?
[21:33] <@Cha> the map
[21:33] <@seVered> on uK?
[21:33] <@seVered> how?
[21:33] <Diisturbed> LOLZ
[21:33] <@Cha> DUH
[21:33] <@Cha> i went in
[21:33] <@Cha> as player
[21:33] <@Cha> VOTE
[21:33] <@Cha> tadaaaa
[21:33] <@Cha> rofl
[21:33] <@seVered> how you avoid mismatch?
[21:33] <@Cha> i use a program.
[21:34] <@Cha> UTCacheCleanerv3
[21:34] <@Cha> and
[21:34] <@Cha> tell the file NOT to convert it and save itinto a bank where I can download MORE than 1 of that file
[21:34] <@Cha> :)
[21:34] <@seVered> ya, I was gonna do that next ...
[21:34] <@seVered> i have cachecleaner
[21:35] <@seVered> but it didn't tell me which file wasmismatch
[21:35] <@seVered> so I was gonna clean the cache andfind it
[21:35] <@Cha> normally it don't.
[21:35] <@Cha> UT Tell me
[21:35] <@Cha> and i right click
[21:35] <@Cha> and tell it "not to move" this file
[21:35] <@Cha> so i can have more than 1 file of thesame name
[21:36] <@Cha> k so everyone is back in the server and happily playing sev.
[21:36] <@Cha> :)

To get this program: UT Cache Cleaner v3.0 (http://www.fileplanet.com/80813/download/UT-Cache-Cleaner-v3.0)
It will start the download... just wait a tiny few and it will appear.
& Unless you want me to write instructions how to use it.

Info: This is the latest release of my UT Cache Cleaner. It automatically renames/moves all files u specify from the UT Cache directory to either their normal directories or where u specify.
I haven't seen another cache utility that even comes close to the functionality of this program.

It is being distributed in Windows Installer (MSI) format and will run on all versions of Windows (XP not tested).
If u are running Win2K or have installed Office 2K, the u have the necessary files to run this install.
If u need to install Windows Installer, here are the links:
Win9x-ME: Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=32831)
WinNT-2K: Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32832&NewList=1)

One of the most requested and useful additions is a "Never Move" list. Files that are placed in this list are never moved from the cache directory (aids in preventing the dreaded "Version Conflict" error message).

New features in this release:
1. Auto corrects downloaded maps with no file extension in the cache.ini (it does happen)

2. A troubleshooting utility is included

3. Option to delete the *.tmp files from the root UT folder (files are downloaded here first and then copied to the cache dir)

4. Allows u to set the root UT directory (necessary only if u moved UT manually or didn't use the CD to install)

5. The "File List" tab now shows date/time of the files and columns can be sorted

6. Added "flat" buttons (pop-up when the mouse is over them)

7. Added list of files never to move

8. De-selects duplicate files automatically (prevents version conflicts)

9. Added splash screen when processing files

I hope u enjoy this utility as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Rob
[Twist]Shark_Killer
[email protected]

Note*** Some anti-virus will detect the .exe file as a virus. I've already submitted a case to Avast about this since I only use Avast.

Shotman
10-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Chamberly i know your trying to help but this can easily be fixed if mappers rename a texture pack or music files or sound or engine files. This would prevent any mismatch to happen. If the map has a simple mismatch like audio just change the audio and it will be fixed.

Chamberly
10-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Chamberly i know your trying to help but this can easily be fixed if mappers rename a texture pack or music files or sound or engine files. This would prevent any mismatch to happen. If the map has a simple mismatch like audio just change the audio and it will be fixed.

If 1 map is made... for example... CTF-Test with Music.umx, mismatch happened to be found. (pointing to music as example.)
2nd try: CTF-Test with Music2.umx, mismatch will occur because of CTF-Test. So...
3rd try: CTF-Test2 with Music2.umx will work. Right?

|uK|chiseller
10-27-2013, 05:21 AM
This just proves you guys are moaning about nothing. The server is zeroping and you can check by doing the mutate zp_on or off

I never played a zp version that didn't properly display headshots or where mini and pulse had an implemented lag compensation.
Might wanna double check that.
No wait, we are just randomly complaining because we have nothing else to do.

SAM
10-27-2013, 05:49 AM
I read the complaint about sniper. The LC for mini I'm not sure whether it's on I will have to check tin supplier

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-27-2013, 11:40 AM
people dont even die properly when you headshot them... to be honest tell me how many complaints you saw before zp was totally removed about weapons not registering? none the complaints were about gameplay or added special weapons or mid powerups. i was shooting some at least 2cm away from their head and they were still dying but when i was aiming square on their head it wouldnt register at times. if were all so worried about zp bug implement zeroping 211

|uK|fleecey
10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Player slots were uneven, but fixed now.

Also, could someone add back !mutate kickidlers

|uK|fleecey
10-27-2013, 06:16 PM
also, why is plattform gone? It's good in some maps :)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Give it time.... servers can be a twat to rebuild back up. :)

|uK|fleecey
10-27-2013, 07:19 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};66994']Give it time.... servers can be a twat to rebuild back up. :)

Just reporting in things, so he knows what to build up :)

|uK|kenneth
10-27-2013, 08:10 PM
me and fleece asked blaze to add platform back but he came with an excuse as "i don't have acces to add it back"...

Coll@
10-28-2013, 03:48 AM
I want jojo !

|uK|fleecey
10-28-2013, 05:03 AM
me and fleece asked blaze to add platform back but he came with an excuse as "i don't have acces to add it back"...

Probably lazy ;)

Feralidragon
10-28-2013, 07:47 AM
people dont even die properly when you headshot them... to be honest tell me how many complaints you saw before zp was totally removed about weapons not registering? none the complaints were about gameplay or added special weapons or mid powerups. i was shooting some at least 2cm away from their head and they were still dying but when i was aiming square on their head it wouldnt register at times. if were all so worried about zp bug implement zeroping 211
I have to backup this claim. I played last weekend, 2 times in 2 different hours (2 maps at night and one other during the morning), and I use sniper a lot, and I it's just like Blaze is saying: it does not register very often, and sometimes registers when it shouldn't, to not mention the lack of the awesome UT headshot effect which is missing (feels like playing a cheap version of COD if you ask me).
More than that, is it just me or the sniper was nerfed to oblivion? It seems to be it takes a ton of dead on shots to kill someone (even considering max health and armor from the supplier), and in contrast someone comes in trolling with the minigun or the shockrifle and kills rather fast.

Sometimes people I would shoot would just disappear, however I found out during the making of something for my own mod that too many relevant actors may lead to having actors spawn in a long queue and thus you don't see some effects and such at all (the fix was to de-assign the instigator from the object, and only assign it back only when it exploded, so the relevance of the object would be the same as any other object in the game, and thus keep my channel unclogged from actor updates and spawns). Of course, I only achieved this with about 700+ actors in relevance, I don't know if anything in Siege ever reaches that number in buildings alone (client effects do not count for this at all).

Sometimes there are some player short teleports, and my ping wasn't even that high (around 50~60ms, sometimes 100ms), but they aren't often at all so it's ok.
Oh, and sometimes the game would just freeze for a couple of seconds, specially if someone joined... I though we were past that issue already...

Other than that, the rest seems to be ok though (to me at least).

|uK|fleecey
10-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Someone fix the maplist if possible, there is double of the siege 4...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-28-2013, 04:31 PM
SAM I'm thirsty, make me a coffee. ...chop chop.. :D

is it done yet? no? fuck sake...stupid admins are so slow. :D

Higor
10-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't know if anything in Siege ever reaches that number in buildings alone
In a high traffic server like this one NPLoader can hog up to 200 network channels due to a terrible design flaw.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-29-2013, 08:11 AM
thank you xxx for backing my claims up, sniper is indeed nerfed to the point where its easier to just use a minigun or pulse to kill someone instead, i dont see why. the power of the two weapons is ridiculous

SAM
10-29-2013, 09:59 AM
The RC21 is back on. I reworked the mapvote, all in all, everything should be fixed now.....

--- Updated ---

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};67019']@SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1) I'm thirsty, make me a coffee. ...chop chop.. :D

is it done yet? no? fuck sake...stupid admins are so slow. :D
lol one server is hard enough. five is another story

--- Updated ---

In a high traffic server like this one NPLoader can hog up to 200 network channels due to a terrible design flaw.

Nice to see you back. I thought giving you some time to cool off might be best....

About the NPL, it has never been an issue before....so I don't see why it would become one now?

SAM
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh, kickidlers is back on also

|uK|chiseller
10-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Good job SAM!
The server feels so much better now.

Few things:
way too many maps that are not really suited for siege
grenade launcher is buildable
and more that I can't remember right now but I am sure someone else will cry about it :P

OuTlaW
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Platforms are removed :( it was a good way to block the core door at clarion…

+ the GL only gives 1 type which it's the original rockets secondary ammo (the midspawn)

Sheepy
10-29-2013, 01:39 PM
I actually liked higors lag compensation more than the zp version on the server.
my shots just wont register at all on people that lag a bit, or when im a bit laggy.. unplayable for me atm :(

edit: at least looking at the sniper, shock and pistols

Chamberly
10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Before switched to RC21 (I heard it was switched to RC21), somehow the pulse gun was able to kill a little far out beyond the range visibly. Like when you alt-fire, those green line show up. I was at the end of it and not touching it and somehow I died. lol. something was weird there. but not sure if it did continued or not.

ok, now for rc21... too bad.

|uK|fleecey
10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Platforms are removed :( it was a good way to block the core door at clarion…

+ the GL only gives 1 type which it's the original rockets secondary ammo (the midspawn)

You can now build the greande, if you go to weapons you can see emp launcher, napalm launcher.. etc (if thats not removed) but it was on earlier...

Im glad that RC21 is up again, works perfectly fine! Shots are good for me, doesnt lag at all, minigun seems to be good again? good job!

|uK|chiseller
11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Headshot animation is gone again
mini & pulse op
etc.

Keith
11-01-2013, 05:54 PM
dunno if it got updated since but last time I played my shots wouldnt register but i could see blood... hope its fixed now i had no time 2 play

BONZ
11-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Urgh you're shitting me, Higor left? He was such an amazing developer, and you're right the constant stream of whining and negativity without enough praise would drive anyone up the wall.

Shitting shit. Such a shame. Thanks for your contributions renovating the server etc., the map list looks much better after your overhaul.

|uK|kenneth
11-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Urgh you're shitting me, Higor left? He was such an amazing developer, and you're right the constant stream of whining and negativity without enough praise would drive anyone up the wall.

Shitting shit. Such a shame. Thanks for your contributions renovating the server etc., the map list looks much better after your overhaul.

sorry to say but it was his own fault no one asked to make a gl or do other shit we asked to fix the headshots or shots not registering or the mini and pulse gun. it got fucked up because higor was doing something with the zp or whatever he did. All WE asked was to fix all these problems.

SilverWing
11-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Server feels like shit to me. Its not on my side either =\.

SAM
11-04-2013, 10:29 AM
If server feels like crap then you need to do a WinMTR

Cthulhu
11-05-2013, 08:48 AM
server feels right to me its just my ping ... =(