PDA

View Full Version : Tele Through Wall

(bO.o)b
11-22-2013, 09:40 AM
What is the minimum wall thickness to AVOID a cheap tele through a wall?

I have a symmetrical map, both bases exactly the same, except one base you can tele into the core room.

Both bases that wall is already 64 units thick. I thought that would be enough.

So are there any other solutions to prevent the cheap tele? I cant shrink that room anymore, it's too small already.

It's odd. This problem only occurs through a 64 thick wall when facing a certain direction only. O.o I found slightly thinner walls where a tele will not work no matter what.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4935/2tc.gif

WTF? O.o

Chamberly
11-22-2013, 11:31 AM
I think SAM have a fix on his server that probably prevent something like this unless it just for guns (or explosion like RC) only but I'm not sure.

That look like some tough situation... but most of the time when you build maps it should be a bit separated for any situation like this to be prevented. <-Keep in mind for future reference lol.

Higor
11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Unreal builds it's BSP in misterous ways, causing direction inconsistancies allowing to spawn things in one direction.

But to be sure, you can use this data:
-sgTeleporter: BuildDistance=60
-TournamentPlayer: CollisionRadius=17
-Additional distance between actor and BSP: 1-2 units.

In order to guarantee that a teleporter gets built, your wall has to have equal or less thickness than [60 - (17+2) ] = 41.
Should a teleporter build in a thicker wall, then you're getting a weird BSP construction.

My suggestion is this one:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Unrealed/2tc.PNG

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Dont use a mover brush, the tele builds inside of them and if they are too thick you wont get your tele back. (unless higor has added anything to siege to stop the problem of builds inside of a mover brush in which case you can ignore everything I am saying and listen to higor..lol)

I use 128 walls to be certain of blocking teles, I had the same issue with the Siege comp map I made and had to build a 128unit thick additive wall just to block the builds and nuke blasts that are close to that wall, having to create two brushes to do one job is more work than it needs to be (unless the mover build issue has been fixed then it doesn't matter and you should ignore me and follow higors advice)

Higor
11-22-2013, 05:14 PM
The mover was intended to block the player and put him a bit further to the wall... but you reminded me that with enough ru, you can tele into the mover... then make the tele thru the wall.
So yea, use an invisible semisolid.

Keith
11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
wtf is the forum reversed or something i'm confused by the post order

(bO.o)b
11-22-2013, 05:51 PM
No need for invisible walls.

128 walls are too thick, but aint no Tele being built through 128!

I solved the problem and feel free to use this solution on future maps.

Check it out:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3517/l9.gif

I put a 32 unit empty space between the surfaces of the 64 unit walls. Now the builder looks for a place to build the tele in the empty space instead of 'extending' past 64 units to accommodate.

Sorry lamers. Boob 1, you 0. :cow:

Higor
11-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Reminds me of a neverending BSP hole causer in my downtown map.
I ended up substracting a small sphere under the ground and all the BSP issues were transferred to the sphere.

As i said, Unreal makes it's BSP in misterious ways.

SAM
11-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Post order has always been the same. Oldest first.

'Zac
11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};68173']Dont use a mover brush, the tele builds inside of them and if they are too thick you wont get your tele back.
found this out by myself xD

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-23-2013, 05:35 AM

Top of the page click..... Forum Actions, General Settings, scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and under "Thread Display Mode:" you can set the posts how you want them, older or newest first.

"

Keith
11-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Post order has always been the same. Oldest first.
idk i probably fucked that one up...

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};68202']Top of the page click..... Forum Actions, General Settings, scroll down to "Thread Display Options" and under "Thread Display Mode:" you can set the posts how you want them, older or newest first.

"

worked big thanks

(bO.o)b
11-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Stop hijacking my thread and start praising my genius tele/wall solution.