PDA

View Full Version : Critical Error when connectign to server

'Zac
11-23-2013, 12:08 PM
The public server was on Clarion sws and when i tried to connect, i see a split second of the map and then my UT crashes giving me this critical error.
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/error_zpsba54e426.png (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/error_zpsba54e426.png.html)

SAM
11-23-2013, 12:17 PM
EOF = End of file?

Try deleting the map

'Zac
11-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Map is now on butchered and getting the same error :/ wierdz
happens on other servers too

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
First thing to check ZAC are there any compressed files in your maps folder e.g. CTF-Clarion.unr.uz? if there are then remove them from the folder, all maps ending with .uz

if that hasn't done it then open up the UnrealTournament.ini and under "[Editor.EditorEngine]" take a SS of all the "EditPackages=" list and then post it here or send your entire UT.ini to me in a pvt message and I will check the whole thing for you.

The GPF is a corrupt file it is trying to load but as the GPF doesnt contain the file causing it then we have to do this step by step but dont worry, I have dealt with this GPF before.

SAM
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I would have checked the redirect as EOF error does occur for corrupt redirect files however chances of that being two is slim...

Do post your editpackages

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
its either a corrupt file that is loading with editpackages or you have some corrupt.uz files in your map folder. that is the solution to it pretty much all the time unless it is a system file that has failed in which case you need to reinstall UT.

I have always had two UT installs on my PC, one is vanilla with nothing but default files and the other is my gaming one, so if I have a file problem I can copy all of them over from the vanilla install, perfect for issues like this.

'Zac
11-23-2013, 08:02 PM
EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UWindow
EditPackages=Fire
EditPackages=IpDrv
EditPackages=UWeb
EditPackages=UBrowser
EditPackages=UnrealShare
EditPackages=UnrealI
EditPackages=UMenu
EditPackages=IpServer
EditPackages=Botpack
EditPackages=UTServerAdmin
EditPackages=UTMenu
EditPackages=UTBrowser

im gonna send you my whole UT ini soon fluke.
i did reinstall my UT not that long ago for a stupid reason though...lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Your ut.ini has no problems that I can find and it isn't calling for any non default files that I can see

can you remember what the date was when it was working fine? if so then do a system restore to the day before it was working ok, see if that fixes it (sys restore reverts all .ini's to their previous state, if you try to run UT after doing the restore and still get the GPF then you have just eliminated all the .ini's / config files as being the culprit.

if that doesnt fix it then carry on with what I have typed below.

In your system folder there is a .txt file called UnrealTournament, this is your log file. Open UT and join a server and after you get the GPF then send me the log file like you did with UT.ini and I will see if that gives any clues to the location of the corrupted file.

The issue is definitely a corrupt file, the pain is trying to find which one, could be something new or could be a system default file, if the log does not give any clues then the only option is to reinstall UT but a certain way without losing anything in your existing UT folder, then we can do folder process of elimination, I will explain more if it gets to that, for now I just need to see the log file after you get the GPF, you must have the GPF before sending me the log and not use UT until you have sent the log / pulled it out of the UT system folder.

Higor
11-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Zac, UT version?

Shotman
11-24-2013, 12:29 PM
i highly doubt is the ut version. i believe zac isn't that stupid to update to the server version of 512.

Keith
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
you mean 451

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-24-2013, 05:07 PM
This is the section from Zac's log file and the cause is below.

Log: Unbound to Galaxy.dll
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: NULL
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23 (which is utmenu23.umx in sounds folder)
Exit: Galaxy shut down

Audio files are corrupt, could be galaxy.dll or utmenu23.umx and have possibly corrupted other files that are all default to UT from install. install a vanilla UT (rename your current one so it isn't overwritten) Copy the contents from each of the vanilla folders, sounds, textures etc. across into your normal UT folder in their folders respectively and replace all of the default UT files with fresh copies.

after you can change the names around of the install folders, so any short cut you may have will still work to launch the game.

His UT is 436 from what I saw, did not see any reference to 451 but obviously I cant say 100% as that isn't what I was looking out for, the problem has only just started and EOF GPF's are 99.9% file corruption.

complete copy of default UT files will fix the issue, test it first and if there isn't any GPF then copy your usual unrealtournament.ini and user.ini (back them both up and copy to desktop before renaming the folder before the vanilla install) and test again, fingers crossed that will solve the GPF

'Zac
11-24-2013, 06:38 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};68330']This is the section from Zac's log file and the cause is below.

Log: Unbound to Galaxy.dll
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: NULL
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23 (which is utmenu23.umx in sounds folder)
Exit: Galaxy shut down

Audio files are corrupt, could be galaxy.dll or utmenu23.umx and have possibly corrupted other files that are all default to UT from install. install a vanilla UT (rename your current one so it isn't overwritten) Copy the contents from each of the vanilla folders, sounds, textures etc. across into your normal UT folder in their folders respectively and replace all of the default UT files with fresh copies.

after you can change the names around of the install folders, so any short cut you may have will still work to launch the game.

His UT is 436 from what I saw, did not see any reference to 451 but obviously I cant say 100% as that isn't what I was looking out for, the problem has only just started and EOF GPF's are 99.9% file corruption.

complete copy of default UT files will fix the issue, test it first and if there isn't any GPF then copy your usual unrealtournament.ini and user.ini (back them both up and copy to desktop before renaming the folder before the vanilla install) and test again, fingers crossed that will solve the GPF

copied over the galaxy.dll and that .umx file and still doesnt work( from my second UT which i have most of my maps,mods,mutators, etc). I'm installing a vanilla UT right now because it sounds like a good idea and you know, i still have disk 1 and 2 xD. thanks fluke for the help btw, hopefully this works

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-24-2013, 08:47 PM
shame the exact file that is corrupt is not clear. a total copy of all default files should solve it hopefully.

'Zac
11-25-2013, 08:08 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};68347']shame the exact file that is corrupt is not clear. a total copy of all default files should solve it hopefully.
It still appears when i try to join the public siege server. In my system folder theres a .log file thats called ' Detected.log ', do you want me to send you that? when i see the public server in my browser in UT, it says inactive, so i guess it knows...? lol idk.

'Zac
11-25-2013, 08:24 PM
this appears when i try to enter my editor from the same UT with the eof problem thing.
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/error2_zps1529c3ba.png (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/error2_zps1529c3ba.png.html)

SAM
11-26-2013, 03:08 AM
So a vanilla install doesn't work either Zac?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-26-2013, 05:54 AM
That GPF is the actor class browser trying to dock, It should not do that any time unless you give that command.

1. system restore back to a day it was working. <--- most important, if you haven't done this zac then DO IT NOW, this is by far the best fix for any sudden UT problem.

2. CacheSizeMegs=4 <---change this to CacheSizeMegs=512 (doesn't make any difference if its higher from this point) join server, if you still get gpf then move to step 3

3. complete default install of UT, run it, join server, should be fine on a vanilla install

4. in the older UT install, rename User.ini and UnrealTournament.ini to .ini.old and then copy over the vanilla UT.ini and user.ini so they are both stock, run the old UT and try to join the server, if you dont get the GPF with default .ini's then the cause is in one of the old ini's and as I have checked your ut.ini it would stand to reason the user.ini has the problem which means you send me the user.ini in pm so I can track down the issue.

I know it would be easier to just vanilla install and leave it at that but as you do a lot of mapping etc. I would think you would prefer to not lose everything, set up wise, its a pain in the ass to have to start all over again with a fresh UT install

make sure you do all of these zac, if you miss one then we will go around in circles and it wont ever get solved, process of elimination.

'Zac
11-26-2013, 06:15 PM
SAM no it didnt.
@fluke im sending it to you now

Shotman
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
it's a message from God telling you to stop playing video games and Satan is found trying to persuade you to keep playing.

I would of think a fresh install would have fix the issue. Have you tried comparing the sizes of the files from your ut and the fresh install of ut?

'Zac
11-26-2013, 08:39 PM
it's a message from God telling you to stop playing video games and Satan is found trying to persuade you to keep playing.

I would of think a fresh install would have fix the issue. Have you tried comparing the sizes of the files from your ut and the fresh install of ut?

i dont believe god...#selftaughtathiestftw
but yeah i guess just a new UT will fix it, but the thing im worrying about is transferring the system files of mods,mutators,etc from servers and stuff and thinking that one of those is the corrupt, just makes this situation a bit of a checkmate.

SAM
11-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Just use a new install. The downloads you can download again no problems.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-27-2013, 07:08 AM
yeah @Zac, I have gone through your config files now and none of them have any issues or any clues to where the corruption is, but if you do what I said earlier you will find the folder containing the corrupt file.

rename your existing UnrealTournament folder, install vanilla ut, transfer UT.ini and user.ini to the vanilla install, run it, join server, if no issues then one by one copy over the folders from the renamed UT into the vanilla (rename the folder you are replacing, like "Textures" change to "TexturesOLD"), after each folder copy (DO NOT overwrite the vanilla folders), go test, as soon as you hit a GPF then you know it will be in the last folder you copied.

if you get to that and discover what folder the corruption is in means you can rename the folder responsible from your normal UT install and copy over that folder from the vanilla install and problem fixed without losing a shit load of data along with it (installed mods etc.) unless the issue is in the UT/system folder which is the worst case scenario. (dont overwrite the system folder, rename and then copy over vanilla folder and put your UT.ini and user.ini and the .dll file you use as renderer eg. D3D.dll into the new system folder)

I have a feeling it will be something in your textures folder, be it a direct file corrupt or a mod is calling for a default corrupt texture as the initial GPF points to that file type.

OR short method.

reinstall ut and download everything from scratch.

Jst2blond
11-27-2013, 09:38 AM
The public server was on Clarion sws and when i tried to connect, i see a split second of the map and then my UT crashes giving me this critical error.
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/error_zpsba54e426.png (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/error_zpsba54e426.png.html)
I also got this kind of crash but it doesn t occur when enter a server but after eachmap switchin after finishing a match . Only way i have to bypass it is, disconnect before map switching by myself then reconnect to server . I try UT cache converter but doesn t help me solve the problem

'Zac
11-27-2013, 03:46 PM
i just copied my user and UT inis to the vanilla and tested it, i can go on the server. So that means its NOT the user or ut ini right? im going to test out the rest.
i copied over all my music, i can still enter the server.
i copied over all my textures, i can still enter the server. so far so good, probably going to be a file in my system folder
i copied over all my maps, i can still enter the server.
i copied over all my sounds, and i can still enter the server.
so its not any of these, so its something in my system folder. fluke i dont know what to do from here on plz help thanks

Chamberly
11-27-2013, 07:01 PM
It's in system folder somewhere then lol.

ah i see you mentioned it already. let's hope that one of your file in there isn't infected... probably a .dll file or something.
how so?
severed was saying he got infected files somewhere.
my sniper team mate Bite_Me had a infected file that messed up his graphic.
...that's all I heard so far. I think it's strange b/c I didn't have any problem like this occurred to me yet lol.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-27-2013, 09:20 PM
its probably just a buildup of memory on a certain package a simple restart of UT would solve it?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
nah, that error is always a corrupt file.

ok 'Zac, two ways, long or short..... long way is transfer all the files from system that you are familiar with, if you get the gpf after that then delete them one by one, ones you dont recognise just ignore them, the rest you will download. dont forget to copy your renderer .dll over before you do all this.

Quick way, download every system file you need from the servers and just have to wait for them to download, at least you dont have to download textures, music and sounds files.

Chamberly
11-29-2013, 06:01 PM
He said it is fixed when I was in the game. It's somewhere in his system folder but he don't know what file he remembered.

'Zac
11-29-2013, 09:24 PM
He said it is fixed when I was in the game. It's somewhere in his system folder but he don't know what file he remembered.

yeah, thought you were Higor xD. yeah its somewhere in the system folder, dont which file actually i think you misunderstood.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
follow my suggestion and you will be able to find it, its just a slow process.

'Zac
11-30-2013, 01:15 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};68539']follow my suggestion and you will be able to find it, its just a slow process.

yeah, but thats going to be slower than slow with 1,006 files...

.seVered.][
12-01-2013, 12:34 AM

HACKS! I tell you !!! ... ya, you should delete the file, however I would check the date of the last modify of the file, usually it happens from windows fail ... GET LINUX !!!

wouldn't hurt to do a virus scan too, even though WINDOWS is the worst virus EVER!!!

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-01-2013, 05:12 AM
yeah, but thats going to be slower than slow with 1,006 files...

I did say only move over the system files you recognise and forget the rest, not all of them. also you can set the view in the UT folder to "details" and then "Date Created" and remove all the recent files that are in the system until you get to the day before the problems started.

Shotman
12-01-2013, 12:36 PM
[;68547']HACKS! I tell you !!! ... ya, you should delete the file, however I would check the date of the last modify of the file, usually it happens from windows fail ... GET LINUX !!!

wouldn't hurt to do a virus scan too, even though WINDOWS is the worst virus EVER!!!

Microsoft Safety Scanner - Antivirus | Remove Spyware, Malware, Viruses Free (http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx)

Linux - programmers
Windows - Gaming
Macs - graphic/video design

If your going for Linux good luck there's not a lot of compatible programs and is very complicated.

Higor
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
If your going for Linux good luck there's not a lot of compatible programs and is very complicated.
SteamOS incoming!

'Zac
12-01-2013, 01:21 PM
[;68547']\ even though WINDOWS is the worst virus EVER!!!
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/1ok_zpsbdc2aee4.jpeg (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/1ok_zpsbdc2aee4.jpeg.html)