PDA

View Full Version : Question re: weapon switching

utbusta
11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
In the last two days I have had an issue with weapon switching. Normally, I hit a key set to "Best Weapon" and it would normally bring up rockets, I would roll my mouse back two spots and would get sniper. I know, noobish but FU! now when I hit Best Weapon it goes to the noob machine gun and when I roll back twice with my mouse it goes to rocket cannon, two more times and its back to sniper. Did something change? I didn't change anything on my end that I know of. Help!?

TimTim
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
If it's on a server with newnet (the GlobalUnreal mod) there are still some issues with the 0 ping weapon switching. Right now it's a series of ridiculous hacks to get around certain limitations with the engine, and it seems to work perfectly about 95% of the time, but that other 5% can get really annoying. I'll probably need to rewrite the entire weapon switch system, although in v0.8 I might just temporarily revert to the original (laggy) weapon switch until I have time to do the rewrite.

.seVered.][
12-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I hit a key set to "Best Weapon" and it would normally bring up rockets, I would roll my mouse back two spots and . Help!?

instead of using Best Weapon as a "BASE" for your weapon switching, try changing the method that you are using to SELECT weapons. Each direction of your mouse roll can provide you with 2 (or more) SPECIFIC weapon changes. For Example;

MouseWheelDown=GetWeapon sgPulseGun|GetWeapon UT_Eightball

- or -

NumPadPeriod=GetWeapon SiegeInstaGibRifle| Getweapon ApeCannon

GreyPlus=GetWeapon FlameThrower |GetWeapon sgGrenadeLauncher

Use specific keys for specific weapons.

OuTlaW
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm having a problem with weapons as well these days, but this one is with trans, when I nuke and I survive with my trans I hit the bind to get the weapon and it automatically switches to the weapon I had before the trans... basically it doesn't switch the weapon to the translocator

TimTim
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm having a problem with weapons as well these days, but this one is with trans, when I nuke and I survive with my trans I hit the bind to get the weapon and it automatically switches to the weapon I had before the trans... basically it doesn't switch the weapon to the translocator
Siege? If it's siege, it doesn't use newnet so I have no idea.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Get the weapon order just how you like it in the User.ini, then right click on User.ini then click on "properties" then at the bottom under "Attributes" change it to "Read only" then Apply.

This is caused by some custom weapon mods setting their own order in your user.ini, doing what I said above forces the weapon mod to skip trying to change the weapons order, it also stops anything in your User.ini from being changed as it becomes read only with no write access for any mods etc. to add their configs/weapon order, it doesn't change unless you want it to.

Keith
12-05-2013, 07:09 PM
i agree, putting inis on read only fixed a lot of issues i used to have in the past

.seVered.][
12-16-2013, 08:31 AM
i agree, putting inis on read only fixed a lot of issues i used to have in the past

Would also be prudent to make a backup copy of your newly protected read only user.ini file ... generally... (and not be like some players and make one every year ...or so...)

--- Updated ---

Footnote: I have yet to identify the method by which my PULSE gun ZOOMED during some as yet undetermined weapon switching 'event'..

utbusta
12-18-2013, 10:45 PM
I just gave up and played as is and getting used to a different rotation of weapons

medor
12-22-2013, 05:25 AM
When you have your final setting make your User.ini under "read only"

I do this for my auto select weapons not modified by server.

|uK|fleecey
12-23-2013, 12:07 PM
It's not just Utbusta who have "weapon switch" problem.. I talked to a few people today and they have the same problem but never had it before....

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-23-2013, 12:24 PM
i think thats more to do with your own settings? idk

utbusta
12-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Well one day all of the sudden it started doing this, no changes to my settings or anything else. I haven't noticed it much lately though.

Spiderman
12-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Just now faced this problem, switching weapon sometimes taking very less time and sometimes too much happened in full game, IDk if settings are changed but something is not right, weapons behaves too be more laggy. Also roket launcher jumping out in hands again and again. Sniper loads incomplete sometimes.
Seems like newnet added on siege ? :confused:

SAM
12-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Newnet hasn't been added to siege although that would be great TimTim

Not sure what the weapons switch issue is there's no changes! Are hits not registering or is it just weapon not switching properly?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
12-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I have an inconsistent problem when ever I have played siege, some lives I just can't get any hits to register and it gets really frustrating when you end up being killed by a noob with the minigun even though you hit the person at least a half dozen times which should be a kill. I have also noticed that shots don't register if someone is using pulse secondary fire and it crosses the xhair.

newnet with siege would be great because hits would register on people using the trans, jetpack + superbooster(really don't get why bouncing is banned but this is allowed, it's much worse than bouncing), but then you will have people crying that they can't nuke.

SAM
12-28-2013, 11:01 AM
That's the problems. The booster and super boosters aswell as the jetpack may cause problem on nn

|uK|chiseller
12-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Yea, I've experienced the same as spider lately.
Also what sniper said would make sense since you can't shoot through shook balls either.

Spiderman
12-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Newnet hasn't been added to siege although that would be great TimTim

Not sure what the weapons switch issue is there's no changes! Are hits not registering or is it just weapon not switching properly?
Ya some register problem also, but main problem which starts is weapon switch problem, it happened to me just today, sniper hits register like 7-8 out of 10. So m mainly using minigun more as alternative now a days. Today i saw a player raged and quit from server in 4 way bath map after saying something like "wow hits not registering bla bla..."
1 more thing i noticed that if like sup is less than level 5 then sniper comes out on hitting sniper key bind, which i think was not like this. And it shows 0 ammo and soon switches to lower available weapon. Confused me today that wtf going on even i send msg by using admin alert by hoping if any admin/mod is there. I have SS of that as well. And btw its not zp, it was zp before? Siege ultimate? IDK.
http://i43.tinypic.com/ms2jad.jpg

Chamberly
12-28-2013, 01:38 PM
lol Higor do you know what this is?

Spiderman
01-01-2014, 03:43 AM
Its irritating . Pls check it out, switching weapons taking too much time, sometimes like have to press bind keys 2-3 times for weapon.

utbusta
01-01-2014, 07:01 PM
For me its not when I use a bind, mostly because I don't have a bind I just switch/rotate through weapons till i get the one i want lol