PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate RC2

Koala
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Siege Ultimate RC2 (release candidate 2) is finished.

The changes from RC1 to RC2 were based on all your feedbacks and most of the issues brought up were able to be addressed / fixed. If your specific issue was not fixed it's because it simply couldn't be fixed (like the platform bug) or would have taken too much time (like a team nuke beacon) but every request was looked into.

List of All Changes From Siege Ultimate to Siege Ultimate RC2

- Fixed negative scores once and for all. w00t. (really this time.)

- Teamsay has been fixed for people who have xconsole.

- Mine / Super Mine messages have been changed back to white.

- All kills / deaths will now announce whether the killed player was carrying a warhead, and how many they were carrying. Examples: "SK put a bullet through Blaze's head. Blaze was carrying a Warhead!!!" or "SK left a small crater. SK was carrying a TWO WARHEADS!!!"

- Your Supplier will lose its immunity once your team builds a Super Supplier (it won't lose it until the SS is all the way finished building.) If you try to build another Supplier while your team has a SS, it won't have immunity. This is to prevent sups from being used as invincible forcefields after the SS has been built.

- Nuke Siren should be fixed. If it doesn't work this time, we're SOL as far as the nuke siren goes.

- Flamethrower is no longer a buildable item. You can only get it from the item spawner in the middle.

- EMP's and Neutrons take longer to build, so the other team actually has a chance at killing them.

- EMP's will not affect the other end of a tele... for example if you are playing Clarion and have the core blocked off and have a tele that leads to the core, and you get EMP'd, you only have to repair your starting tele, and then you can tele into the core room to repair the other one.

- Super Jump Boots have been removed.

- "Rage Quit" sound has been removed.

- Conts and Super Conts can be built anywhere even in small doorways and openings. They will always build exactly where you place them without moving themselves over.

- 1000 points for the core killer has been removed.

- Shrinker has been removed, and replaced with a Shrinker Suit in the Suits category. The suit costs 1500 RU and cannot be combined with a Jetpack or Super Jetpack (if you put on one you lose the other).

- Super Protectors now shoot team-colored projectiles.

- Thermal Visor added (thanks for the help Feralidragon). The visor allows you to see infrared radiation and when you put it on, the world will go dark blue and players will show up as heat signatures and can be seen through walls. The heat signautes are team-colored so you can tell your teammates apart from the enemies even when the visor is on. You can use the 'ToggleVisor' console command (or bind that to a key) to toggle the visor on and off. If you criticize the visor I will find out where you live and rip out your internal organs.

Screenshots

http://i56.tinypic.com/tlkn.jpg

Above: Thermal Visor

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qi1jr4.jpg

Above: Super Protectors shoot team-colored projectiles

Gravity
04-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Ohh Man ! This is Nice But Why Remove Flamethrower !!!? :'(

lercs12
04-08-2011, 02:19 AM
looks cool, but 1500 is a little expensive for a shrinker suit right???, idk, I have not tested yet, aaaaaaaaaand how do we bind ToggleVisor on a key????

|uK|Tomahawk
04-08-2011, 02:59 AM
add a kill count so each individual player can see there kill count im not the only one who wants this lol

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
04-08-2011, 04:00 AM
add a kill count so each individual player can see there kill count im not the only one who wants this lol
agree :)

SAM
04-08-2011, 04:32 AM
I think shrink suit is over priced. I'd say 500-700 would be more fair.

Kill count is already in siege just needs the scoreboard to show them. Negative scores, I'm going to compare with the uc I made to see any differences and efficiencies between code.

audiosonic
04-08-2011, 06:14 AM
The warheads don't go faster when you upgrade them...

|uK|Tomahawk
04-08-2011, 06:40 AM
I think shrink suit is over priced. I'd say 500-700 would be more fair.

Kill count is already in siege just needs the scoreboard to show them. Negative scores, I'm going to compare with the uc I made to see any differences and efficiencies between code.

No just the kills that each player gets not the overall score that each player gets the kills that each player gets. What imeen if im not the top player killer i would like to see how many players i have killed so i can compare them to how many players the top player killer has killed.

|uK|fleecey
04-08-2011, 06:51 AM
sounds really awesome! :)

|uK|MiniWick
04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
I think the shrinker should be at 1000 $ MINIMUM . It's already gay enough that you can barley kill it whom has it .

I'm not sure about the thermal .but it's fucking sikk looking , good job bro !

SAM
04-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Well I already have smartctf style scoreboard for siege however it's been in beta for ages and I've had no time to work on it. I may pass the source onto SK to make amendments or anyone else who wants to take on dev.

Koala
04-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Added kills on scoreboard at the last minute :)
And made the instagib ZP, and pimped it out a bit
And made the shrinker suit cost less

So with those last minute changes I'm sending the files to scar now...

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
The warheads don't go faster when you upgrade them...

ye as if you want a warhead to move faster its so fucking gay

|uK|Cube
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM

OMFG i love you SK

audiosonic
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Don't want it but remove it from description in the original post, and make it not use any ru at all when you upgrade it by mistake for example.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
i think just for trying to upgrade a nuke so you can fly it in faster should make you lose all the ru you have

audiosonic
04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
orly

SAM
04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I hope you haven't made IG builadable and the zp ig is for the random spawner.

nOs*Wildcard
04-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Good job :) these fixed needed to be made also where did the problem lie for the negative score crap what .uc and where? I been to lazy to look deeply for it and been a bit too busy with other thing but that's goood it got fixed GLAD U DID NOT MAKE THE WARHEADS SPEEDY That is one change in g I thumbs downed when I put together SiegeXtreme just so unbareably lame.

I finally got a new laptop and I'm happy with it :) I can be connected again (y) my work season has just ended and work starts up in another week. So I might have time to play around with some things in ut :\

By the way did you ever fix the SiegeXtreme Orb? it may have been brewed originaly in the deepest depths of hell but really dude I been wating for you to get it done come one man get on the ball xD lol

[rZs]Dane has fixed the platform bug ages ago in no time flat O_O man I miss that guy he was doing great things a bunch of you could not imagine.

it's a shame nobody got a chance to see the dashpad building I made that you took out Koala however I bet I know who made you [points at scar like the evil monkey from family guy]

Anyways cool to have proj on the super pros colored don't u be tinting my building textures .pcx's I made! this is not daycare! lol

SilverWing
04-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey wildcard

by any chance did u play around with tournament setting and team balance setting in the siege version u sent to koala

nOs*Wildcard
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM
um, teamwhat? no? as far as team baslance I don't think that function is a part of siege and if it were is of no interest to me :\

SilverWing
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
we have a team balance bug .. and i have only seen it in the new siege and not the old one =\

lercs12
04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
ammm, idw, maybe .... the MOTHERLoVING 1000 score for killing the core???

SAM
04-08-2011, 02:28 PM
What team balance bug?

B|iss
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
how much does thermal visor cost?

Koala
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope you haven't made IG builadable and the zp ig is for the random spawner.

correct

|uK|Chronox
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Can i blow you ?

Koala
04-08-2011, 08:18 PM
WTF

KeOs
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
WTF

hahahaha, X2!!

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
What team balance bug?

the bug is when teams are uneven the team balancer doesnt say it is so no one balances unless someone has the scoreboard up and physically checks the teams

|uK|Chronox
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
WTF

Lol just take it as -Very good job SK-

I really wanted the IG to be zp.

B|iss
04-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Chronox is officially gay. LOL

SK answer mah question!

|uK|Chronox
04-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Lol wth im just happy about the IG thingy, oh ok im Gay, remembar Gay means Happy too rofl

lercs12
04-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Lol wth im just happy about the IG thingy, oh ok im Gay, remembar Gay means Happy too rofl

he is ultra happy

Koala
04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Chronox is officially gay. LOL

SK answer mah question!

500 RU

|uK|Chronox
04-08-2011, 10:10 PM
500 RU for free wall hack ? its ok wouldnt it be nice to have a Wrhead google like 1k RU to know whos nuking from the other team lol, great for defensive players like me.

Koala
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
[rZs]Dane has fixed the platform bug ages ago in no time flat
Do you have an idea of how he did it? I tried everything absolutely everything and it wouldn't fix...

it's a shame nobody got a chance to see the dashpad building I made that you took out Koala however I bet I know who made you [points at scar like the evil monkey from family guy]

The dashpad is actually still in the code it's just not in the building list, it could be added in at any time... I just don't see how it would be in any way useful when there is already a super booster...

Koala
04-08-2011, 10:14 PM
500 RU for free wall hack ? its ok wouldnt it be nice to have a Wrhead google like 1k RU to know whos nuking from the other team lol, great for defensive players like me.
That's what the nuke siren is for, it's supposed to light up and play a sound when there's an incoming nuker, but the sound doesn't work in RC1 for some reason, hopefully it is fixed in this one

<|Pius|>
04-08-2011, 10:55 PM
for the next re-compile, let's think factory... :D

Koala
04-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Actually i think I can fix the platform now that I think about it
It would take a lot but I could do it in RC3
But anyways lets beta test this one for another week and anything else that comes up can be done in RC3 and that will most likely be the final release

B|iss
04-09-2011, 12:50 AM
How long does the visor last? or is it permanent?

Koala
04-09-2011, 01:27 AM
How long does the visor last? or is it permanent?

Until you die...

lercs12
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
how do I set the visors to a key????

<|Pius|>
04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
not to knock your shit (which i think is very cool), but there is a re-occurring sound like someone clearing their throat on every map for me. Also it seems laggier, but it could just be my pc. Oh yeah and the kill counter on the scoreboard (the one in red) doesn't work. And And And, when you wear the tac goggles sometimes one person from the other team doesn't glow. It seems pretty random as to who, but there's usually one. is there a way to become invisible to the goggles? like no glow?

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-09-2011, 01:07 PM
i think invis from the items section should keep you invisible to the visor otherwise it takes out the whole point of invis

Moko
04-09-2011, 01:36 PM

I want it too!

In a whole, it looks good so far to me!
I just want the Shrinker back! xD

Pie
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I want it too!

In a whole, it looks good so far to me!
I just want the Shrinker back! xD

I thought he still included the Shrinker, he just made it into a suit.. O.o

|uK|chiseller
04-09-2011, 02:31 PM
not to knock your shit (which i think is very cool), but there is a re-occurring sound like someone clearing their throat on every map for me. Also it seems laggier, but it could just be my pc.
Isn't that rrrragequit's successor?
And yes, It is lagging like a turd, though, I don't think it's worse than before. Half the ppl are warping from one end to the other as usual..

Moko
04-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought he still included the Shrinker, he just made it into a suit.. O.o

I know, but why would I pay 1500 for a one time use?
And I can't use the jetpack, so that's pretty pointless....
At least make it so only the person that builds the shrinker can use it....

|uK|Rays
04-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought the shrinker was pretty funny at first, but it did make things annoying.
Glad it's gone.
Is the neutron bomb really worth the 4k ru? I don't know if anyone has actually used it with any good results in the server yet. I tried it and I guess it hit the roof of a building and it didn't really kill anything.

Moko
04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought the shrinker was pretty funny at first, but it did make things annoying.
Glad it's gone.
Is the neutron bomb really worth the 4k ru? I don't know if anyone has actually used it with any good results in the server yet. I tried it and I guess it hit the roof of a building and it didn't really kill anything.

We tried yesterday and the SPs kept killing them, but when the new version came out we got owned in a pug with them.

Super Jump Boots > 2 Neutrons> OWNED
They were right over core, it happened so fast I didn't know what hit me. Oo

|uK|Rays
04-09-2011, 04:03 PM
What map was it moko? does it hit well through walls? I was afraid mine would be shot down by super pros when I tried it, I think it's worth a little too much to be affected by something so common lol.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-09-2011, 04:09 PM
its worth the ru if it doesnt die on you while building it decemates anything in our around its radius its worth at least 3 nukes worth of damage only time ive used it is when ive had enough nukes and ru to end it in one swift attack

Moko
04-09-2011, 04:12 PM
What map was it moko? does it hit well through walls? I was afraid mine would be shot down by super pros when I tried it, I think it's worth a little too much to be affected by something so common lol.

I agree btw. xD

When we got owned it was old bathrooms (the dark one)
When we tried and it died that was the other bathrooms with the room for nukes.

I can't post in other threads, I have to be "approved" by a mod. >.>

|uK|Chronox
04-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Moko i agree with u in 1 thing, Shrink suit is a little expensive, it should be like 1k, also use a speed plus a jump boots and ur unkillable. with jetpack is very lame :P

SilverWing
04-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Moko i agree with u in 1 thing, Shrink suit is a little expensive, it should be like 1k, also use a speed plus a jump boots and ur unkillable. with jetpack is very lame :P

u cant us it with jetpack

|uK|chiseller
04-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Leave it at 1.5k. Makes me feel good whenever I kill a damn midget.

Koala
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
its not 1.5k, it was reduced to 750 at the last minute

Sakura
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I agree btw. xD

When we got owned it was old bathrooms (the dark one)
When we tried and it died that was the other bathrooms with the room for nukes.

I can't post in other threads, I have to be "approved" by a mod. >.>

I think its meant for spam if your gonna be approved. When I post a shipload of pictures it does that to me too and im like fuck I worked on putting those all up.

|U$A|*Metal777
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
hmmm, I liked the old mod

http://i53.tinypic.com/rbeasj.jpg

METAL
04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
F3 view in spectator?

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
F3 view in spectator?

o yeah i forgot to mention this its annoying not to see this :|

Koala
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
F3 view in spectator?

Oh that is one thing I definitely wanted to add, it completely slipped my mind in both releases, this will surely be added to RC3

A^3
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or included. What about getting your ru back if someone removes your containers. Also sometimes you build things by mistake and when you remove it you get less ru back. Not sure if you like the idea.

|uK|chiseller
04-10-2011, 12:25 AM
The Nuke Siren seems to be working but it's barely audible. On the other hand, the motion alarm is annoyingly loud as far as I am concerned.
Also, negative scores are still occurring and the shrink suit should be time limited. People are using it, so to say, as a defensive weapon as opposed to an attacking tool.

Koala
04-10-2011, 12:39 AM
ya, about the negative scores.... i accidently used Fmax where I should have used Fmin... epic fail... had i done it right it would have for sure fixed them... so it will be fixed in RC3

SilverWing
04-10-2011, 01:35 AM
The kill cunt for each player doesn't work....

B|iss
04-10-2011, 01:51 AM
RUSSIAN is red..
Also there was another player that didn't have a blue glow. I couldnt get a chance to SS cause he kept on moving.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x149/Airwavez/Shot0018.jpg

Koala
04-10-2011, 02:47 AM
RUSSIAN is red..
Also there was another player that didn't have a blue glow. I couldnt get a chance to SS cause he kept on moving.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x149/Airwavez/Shot0018.jpg

That happens when someone switches teams while you have the visor if they do it before you die... not really a way around that... also when someone doesnt have a glow at all its because they recently died and their old body is still laying somewhere with the glow on it... it usually only takes a few seconds for them to get their glow back

|uK|Chronox
04-10-2011, 03:18 AM
The team colors arent fixed for me :( (i use xconsole DX)

Fix the platform omg...

Also sometimes asmd and IS spawn at the same time but u can pick only the asmd pulse rifle.

Dikhan
04-10-2011, 11:26 AM
why removed the homing beacom?
was very useful, i'm sad about this

:(

lercs12
04-10-2011, 11:49 AM
individual killing score does not work for me, its in 0 all the time (cmon, we are not that bad =/)

Moko
04-10-2011, 12:16 PM
@ Sak: Ah KK thank you. xd

Yeah I can't see the kill count either. -.-"
I know that everyone isn't just living forever. lol
And 750 is much more reasonable.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or included. What about getting your ru back if someone removes your containers. Also sometimes you build things by mistake and when you remove it you get less ru back. Not sure if you like the idea.

the whole point is to make sure you build things in the right place

but yea for some buildings like the supplier you should probably get most of your ru back but i think you do already?

|uK|MiniWick
04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
well just make sure u make the right item then, not that hard.
and if u removed the giving 1000 score, why don't you just give a info saying who killed the core instead ?

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-10-2011, 02:00 PM
there is

theres a new scoreboard on the way its way better than what there is now sit tight :)