PDA

View Full Version : Bathrooms glitch rule Explained

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Bathrooms Glitch and map exploits Explained - This is a rule but it is also common sense.

I have to post this for anyone who feels just because they haven't read a certain rule in black and white does not mean that it does not exist. (even though this is a solid common sense rule)

The abuse of any map bugs is punishable with warnings at first and a ban if it is ignored, Now to explain the difference between this and building teles etc. through walls or similar which is allowed as long as both teams can do it.

The glitch on bathrooms is a poorly made mover in the toilet which allows players to glitch through it via a booster, this is blatant glitch abuse and is not allowed on any uK server pug or public, building a tele through the mover instead IS allowed, forcing the glitch by making the booster is exactly the same as using ZB bug, you are deliberately using a map/mod glitch that should not be there, that is why this will get you a warning and a ban if warnings are ignored.

You might argue that "both teams can build boosters so it is fair" that's like saying "both teams can use the ZP glitch" it isn't a standard feature like how builds are made a certain distance away from a player allowing builds through thin walls/surfaces, so cannot be a comparison.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion about abuse of actual map glitches and not about builds through walls. It is common sense just like dont use a bot, its abuse of the UT system and therefore bannable.

I very rarely take action and tend to warn more times than normal because the last thing I want to do is take another player out of the game, if I warn anyone it is for a solid reason and not "my opinion" I dont do personal rage warns/bans either, so if I send anyone a warning, then please realise it is for a solid reason with proof as backup and you cannot argue with it, I never ban without proof, 10 second demo of any glitch abuse is sufficient and I record every game automatically.

terminator now do you accept it? I shouldn't have had to do this warning explanation as abusing glitches like bathrooms is common sense that will get you banned if you do it, irrelevant if you have done it before and no one banned you, I have warned you multiple times about it and you are on the last warning now. Not being banned before is due to luck on your part, luck runs out.

Banny
12-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Okay, suppose for a minute this glitch becomes punishable if someone uses it. Would you guarantee me other glitches would be forbidden aswell? I mean there are still many people who ripper through window, make tele through walls etc. Aren't those matters needed to be discussed aswell apart from this TOILET issue?

Why not fix the maps which has such glitches and then add it to the map list. If an ignorant who is not aware of the latest rules that states not to perform such glitches/bugs does perform that glitch 'because he has been seeing almost everyone doing it' gets banned .. what's the point then?

My opinion would be fix those maps rather than adding a Rule because imo nobody gives a damn about rules. If you don't agree with me just look how the Sup spam rule is being abused!

Weetabix
12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Honestly didn't know it was against the rules. Actually thought it was something you were supposed to do. So you can't piston-jump through it either?

Thanks for clarifying.

audiosonic
12-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Do you think the maker of Niven would have thought someone would make a super container in the fans?

n____n

glitch banner plis

Moskva
12-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Making teles through walls is allowed, shouldnt confuse things

terminator
12-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks! As many of people posting here below saying, none of us knew for this rule so it was about time someone announce it.
I hope there will be so for each of the rule about public siege.
Sorry for arguing but i obviously had to bring this thread up here on forums so people know about it.
I still wonder why are the rules only available for admins to read and know em and also why are some of them not being discussed here on forums

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks! As many of people posting here below saying, none of us knew for this rule so it was about time someone announce it.
I hope there will be so for each of the rule about public siege.
Sorry for arguing but i obviously had to bring this thread up here on forums so people know about it.
I still wonder why are the rules only available for admins to read and know em and also why are some of them not being discussed here on forums

Because it should be obvious not to abuse map glitches terminator, just like it is obvious to not use a bot, same principle.

piston jumping is exactly the same, its forcing the mover to go to its second key without collision executing properly, hence why it appears you are going through it, just because you know a map has a glitch and needs fixing does not mean for one second that you should abuse that glitch, if you do it and get a warning then its all over, you know not to do it again and move on.... it really is that simple.

Knowing about it is one thing, abusing it is another, unless people are suggesting to fix the map themselves then sure, it can be fixed but until that time, do not abuse map faults.

do it = ban
dont do it = no ban

both of the above = not rocket science, just common sense. dont abuse map faults, if you do not have something to offer in the way of a fix then kindly sit your ass back down and be quiet until you have something to offer to remedy the problem. You all have big mouths yet none of you offer to fix said map faults.

Banny people who dont know the rule will get a warning first, no need to go as far as banning anyone, its on par with using a bot, dont do it.

you have a guarantee from me that people will be informed not to abuse the map glitches along with a small ban to get that information into their heads if it is ignored, that includes all map glitching and irrelevant if they are a mod or not, one rule for all. save everyone a load of grief and just dont do it, problem solved.

terminator
12-20-2013, 04:47 PM
So this applies also for tele trough walls etc? Cuz i guess it's also a glitch on map.
I wonder was there any changes about bouncing or it is still allowed

Higor
12-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I still say, with the right supermine, NONE shall cross that hole.

'Zac
12-20-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/whynot_zps2e1c59ab.jpg (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/whynot_zps2e1c59ab.jpg.html)

|uK|chiseller
12-20-2013, 08:37 PM
This is a great example that shows why we have dozens of rules. Common sense is lost among many people and/or are desperately trying to argue their way around it.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-21-2013, 05:53 AM
after termi's last reply you can see why I had to post this, even though I explained it is nothing to do with building anything through walls several times and even moskva pointing out bluntly it is nothing to do with building tele's through walls etc. yet you still see my dilemma and frustration after explained to get "so building tele's through walls is banned?"

chis is spot on, its common sense just like not using a bot, We shouldn't even have to have this rule if people used half their brains, idiots force us to add common sense rules.

The point is made now, this is the rule explained, if you get a warning then do not take that as the mod wants to have a long drawn out conversation as to why that person was warned and if they agree with it, its a warning "do it again and you get a vacation...end of conversation" that's how it goes terminator, not me having to prove to you if a rule is real or not.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-21-2013, 06:02 AM
lmfao this is what ive been saying all along. If people actually just play with common sense the servers would be much more enjoyable to play on as well as less bans being handed out to what seems common sense retardation, right now certain players use as many possible advantages they can when they come up against the more better players

Higor
12-21-2013, 12:17 PM
You guys can't just build a SuperMine, GG.
Just practice the good spots on one of the many empty Siege servers around, or offline (if you get my little map-crash-remover).

What's next?
Make godlike-ripper all of BathroomsEQ1's mid illegal?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Higor, its about abusing map glitches that you clearly are not getting either.

This thread has nothing to do with skill or finding the right spots.

I still dont understand why this is so tough for people to get, dont abuse map glitches....period. it isn't a discussion, its to inform those who feel they know the rules better than a mod, the arguing is like a bunch of young teenagers rebelling against their parents.

Another thread I am going to lock, pointless childish arguing which wont change anything is not something I care to endure any more, the point is made and anyone abusing glitches after this have no excuse or defence if they get caught doing it.

Higor
12-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Enforcing rules such as this is silly, something that can clearly be fixed with code or a map editor.

Ah right, nobody offers to fix these problems?
I posted a fixed map with no glitches (Burning) in the past and nothing happened ffs.

And don't even get me started with ZP bugs...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Enforcing rules such as this is silly, something that can clearly be fixed with code or a map editor.

I posted a fixed map with no glitches (Burning) in the past and nothing happened ffs.

How about not posting in a closed thread with a dumb comment.

you are saying abuse of map exploits is silly? if so then you clearly have no common sense whatsoever, even default UT maps have exploits, going to fix them all are you? allow people to abuse those problems until they are fixed? That is why your comment is not only dumb, it is also completely void of common sense. But then you do enjoy exploiting glitches anyway dont you Higor so your response doesn't surprise me.

as chis said, this shouldn't have to be a rule, it should be common sense.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-22-2013, 06:54 AM
I heard common sense goes out the window as soon as UT is involved for most people....

AMIRITE?

Higor
12-22-2013, 10:45 AM
I post in a closed thread because it's not allowing some ppl to express their feelings about stupid rules such as this one.
Funny enugh, bashing me for disregarding other's opinion was a sport in the past, so what now?

Reopened.

|uK|fleecey
12-22-2013, 11:08 AM

The burning map is kind of ruin, before you could make tele through glass to get to mid / where mid spawns, now you cant...

|uK|kenneth
12-22-2013, 11:30 AM
ty higor atleast someone with some sense why did you close this thread not everyone had a change of giving their opinions about this "rule" which sound kinda stupid to me.
as higor pointed out earlier fix the maps with bugs or glitches instead there's no need to make any more rules-.-"

DANGERBOY
12-22-2013, 11:47 AM
This thread made me to play LoL.

Shotman
12-22-2013, 11:55 AM
ty higor atleast someone with some sense why did you close this thread not everyone had a change of giving their opinions about this "rule" which sound kinda stupid to me.
as higor pointed out earlier fix the maps with bugs or glitches instead there's no need to make any more rules-.-"

The reason of making rules of because of everyone abusing it. Why don't you try to fix them? There are some maps where you can't fix it and might make the map worse instead of good. This is a very simple rule to follow and common sense of you can't do than just quit video games or any other type of games because they would have rules too.

|uK|kenneth
12-22-2013, 12:14 PM
just quit video games or any other type of games because they would have rules too.

atleast not as many as ut has now.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-22-2013, 01:50 PM
its common sense, i dont see what the problem is, why do you have to use glitches to beat somebody? why not just play the way it was meant to be played?

terminator
12-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I doubt map makers made certain maps with a possibility of making tele trough walls on purpose, still people keep doing it.
I believe there should be a rule because i doubt fluke would ban higor on a server where he is also a moderator.
Such thing wouldn't happen, and as i can see , booster trough toilet wasn't discussed in admin section.
Fixing this map would lead to stop abusing it as well as bringing a rule about abusing such glitch or glitches at all. And no it's not a rule which only 1 admin will apply but RULE that is accepted by whole mod/admin community as well as by majority of the players.
If that would be a rule, i wouldn't do it again, as well as i wouldn't do it if that map would be fixed.
My support to Higor leaving this thread opened. This is not NORTH KOREA that we should stop people expressing themselves about certain rules.

Chamberly
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Dude Termi it's simple... glitches are glitches and it's better to have maps remade for fix than having to make more rules. Since it's only on the bathroom map, imagine rules for every single map!

Edit: I have to clarify, when I was in training with Severed who was teaching me these rules, this has been a so-called glitch has a rule. & He told me if both side of the map work, then you can do it, but if it only work on 1 side and not the other 1, then it can't be bothered to be using as glitch and leave it alone. I'll leave this up to severed to correct me if I got this wrong lol.

Shotman
12-22-2013, 04:46 PM
you guys don't get it, it is already a rule.

No using engine exploits (multigunning, pulsing through walls) (50/100/200 matches)

Fluke is explaining an engine bug that has to do with the mover in Bathrooms. In my opinion, all kinds of mover/special brush has a bug that people abuse. If you guys wish you can fix all the maps have them bugless but as I know you guys do not wish to do it. Feri has also told higor to try to fix these bugs with coding. If none of you step up then the rule will stand. simple as that.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I post in a closed thread because it's not allowing some ppl to express their feelings about stupid rules such as this one.
Funny enugh, bashing me for disregarding other's opinion was a sport in the past, so what now?

Reopened.

I am ashamed to be called a mod next to you, you do not belong in any mod team anywhere with views that exploits should be allowed to be used and abused, even now I still believe you will abuse every bug you can find, your replies here prove that. Bashing you for disregarding others opinions? no no no, I am bashing you for being the top of the list of people who exploits bugs and cheat, just like your supermine trick that you got caught doing, no way in hell is that the only bug you exploited and I am certainly not the only one who thinks so.

you do realise abuse of game faults isn't allowed in ANY game right? as in its global common sense in any game not to cheat or you get banned (exploiting game bugs = cheating - for all the short bus passengers here who are completely void of common sense).

Its a rule in case someone abuses a bug which allows us to put a reason in nexgen..... that's all, I actually feel stupid warning people about things that are common sense, its like being the driver of the short bus, try as hard as you want to educate them but at the end of the day they are all still going to be retarded and lick the windows, it wont change and nothing you say or do makes any difference.

we are all sick of babysitting children who have temper tantrums because they want things their way irrelevant if it is wrong or not.

This isn't a "New rule", it is in fact trying to get those who love to cheat and abuse glitches to their advantage to understand what common sense is, it is not a discussion and clearly it still isn't working, np, I will let them know with a ban if they abuse bugs because this thread is not a discussion, its informative and a warning to those who feel cheating is ok by abusing game faults and that it wont be tolerated. end of story, not open for discussion, we dont give a shit what any ones opinions are about this, I swear you morons need to google "common sense" so you understand what it means, this is being called a rule because there is no other way to describe it as it is meant to be obvious you cant do it, just like botting!

funnily enough the only people arguing are the ones I have seen abuse bugs.... go figure.

terminator I wont hesitate to ban higor if he is breaking the very rules he is there to enforce. Try me if you dont believe I will. same for any other mod, the minute you break the rules you are there to enforce then you have pretty much just ejected yourself out of mod status and you get treated like a cheater, just like higor was when I outed him for abuse siege bugs he obviously created.

Shotman described this thread and its purpose perfectly, wish I could explain things that simple. In fact the only reason this is public is to show terminator before he got banned by me that glitch abuse isn't allowed...anywhere, I didn't have to do this termi, I could have just banned you.

|uK|kenneth
12-22-2013, 05:19 PM
there is no way you have the balls to ban blaze when he does something wrong no fucking way.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 05:25 PM
blaze isn't a mod is he genius, plus he has common sense and wouldn't do it, none of the admins would.

but even still.... you are wrong, if it came to it then I would have the balls to ban anyone, if they take me off the mod team then it wont bother me as obviously the mods are corrupt and I wouldn't be a part of that anyway, you make me a mod for 1 reason, I am 100% unbias with no emotional ties to my actions and I have been doing this nearly 10 years. doesn't matter who you are, you are not above the servers rules and guidelines and you have no status if you break those rules you are there to enforce.

|uK|fleecey
12-22-2013, 05:26 PM
there is no way you have the balls to ban blaze when he does something wrong no fucking way.

I would, but blaze has common sense so no problem really

Higor
12-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Yet another wall of text with subjective content and unreal depictions of facts.
I wouldn't care for them if it wasn't for them generating opinion on the readers, which unfortunately they do.
Have you tried journalism? You'd certainly make a good one.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
That the best response you have? disappointing

can I lock it again now or are their more short bus passengers who need to add to this completely pointless discussion as it was informative in the first place for terminator, no input is necessary and neither is this a "new rule" it is as old as the first online multiplayer game with admin control, but then I wouldn't expect people with no common sense to get that.

Higor
12-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I got tired of explaining some things over and over a long time ago.
And I'm not trying to be clever with my responses, if someone were to filter the your responses towards me and take them seriously, he/she might end up taking me for -SK- or Dim4 and that can be pretty much annoying.

Your posts have done nothing but attack my integrity over the past months and I'm just getting tired of them.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I am not attacking you, I am describing exactly how you have been, dont act like a first class dickhead and I wont treat you like one, I see you for what you are and that is a cheater by exploiting bugs, completely ignoring any input while you were fucking up siege and making changes no one wanted or liked, did you listen? no you didn't which IMO makes you just as bad as them, dont care if it annoys you, truth hurts sometimes princess.

bug exploitation, cheating and coding siege the way no one wanted and adding things you selfishly decided to add even though poll after poll was telling you to stop adding shit people didn't like, so I dont need to do anything to your integrity, you fucked that up yourself by being so arrogant and ignorant, you made the bed, now lie in it, I am simply the only person who had the stones to call you out on it all and voice what everyone else was thinking. ;)

Your own fault, I closed it, you opened it, no one to blame but yourself higor.

Higor
12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm not the one writing posts full of assumptions, fallacies, overreactions, misusage of absolutes, name-calling and all those sorts of things.
Still, they give me greater understanding of you as their number rises.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 06:29 PM
lol, I dont care what you think of me, you are unimportant to me in every way.

Everything I have stated is fact, show me where you think assumptions and misuse of absolutes are.

you cheat by exploiting bugs (which you have nicely proven here, ty)
you ignored the very community you were developing for
you made decisions with absolutely no input from those who matter
you are a mod yet you think cheating via exploits is ok

what part of those above is inaccurate then? also "Name calling" um no, they are descriptions of the Higor I know and have witnessed the last few months.

Dont act like a complete twat and you wont see me put a bad word about you again, its that easy so only your self to blame.

can this thread be closed now or do you have more useless posts to add?

Shotman
12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
let's lock this, it's just flaming not discussion reopening it was pretty useless, and i want Moskva to find a good gif that would be perfect for this thread

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Thats why I locked it in the first place, so flaming didn't start up, I know it is me doing most of the flaming now and sure it is wrong but if you keep poking at me I am going to bite, only human after all.

seeing another mod trying to fight for abuse of game faults to be allowed pissed me off.

leave it locked this time plz, take note higor, if you have had enough of my comments about you then dont weigh in and unlock a thread I locked for a good reason.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-23-2013, 12:22 PM
omg fluke you fucking flamer! lmao im a motherfucking genius!