PDA

View Full Version : Secondary fire

DaaBuu
01-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Secondary fire no longer kills the opponent... Any chance for it to be reverted to its normal state?

SAM
01-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Secondary was never meant to kill. The configuration now is what it always should have been, at least in my opinion. However if there was half the people that play on the server and came here to provide feedback we could alter this time reflect what the public would like to see.

kdawg232
01-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Secondary was never meant to kill. The configuration now is what it always should have been, at least in my opinion. However if there was half the people that play on the server and came here to provide feedback we could alter this time reflect what the public would like to see.

Whether or not it was intended, server plays like crap now. Half the maps (at least for me), there are invisible players or green players. Also many shots that normally would kill with primary and combo now just disappear. Lastly, at least keep grapple as a kill! Too many times you'll shoot the grapple out and it'll reflect off someone which leaves you vulnerable for an easy kill.

krippler
01-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Any way to bring back killing people by jumping on them? I miss that...the grapple-hook kill I could take or leave, not having it DOES prevent people from running after me spamming grappling hook though. In general hit detection (for me at least) has seemed kind of inconsistent since it was updated. Sometimes primary shock will go right through people too. Will have to play test a bit more to fully get used to it.

Ramsees
01-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Yes I agree that grapple it would be nice if grapple still killed. Its funny and sometimes you can use it to kill when your grappling across a map. I've also noticed a few times I have taken damage from a combo and only lost a few HP, when before I would have been killed instantly. After playing a few games I do like the fact that primary doent kill. But i sure miss grapple kills

SAM
01-24-2014, 04:19 PM
The combo dmg is now based on radius. I suppose we could amend this. But it needs to be a majority vote feedback. So all you lurkers, speak up.

DaaBuu
01-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Killing opponents with secondary is very usefull skill in fast jump maps like DDay-w00t and in close vicinity fights. So I obviously vote for it... And I vote for insta kill with the grapple and jumping on an opponent, too...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I vote for insta kill when you see players, i also vote for the game to play itself while I'm eating a can of dogfood.

Keith
01-24-2014, 06:12 PM
noobs complaining cuz they cant spam anymore... learn to aim now

OuTlaW
01-24-2014, 06:30 PM
killing people with shock balls and grapple takes 0 skill
unless you spend your time calculating and predicting the player's movement in the game to kill him with a shock ball or a grapple hook............

DaaBuu
01-25-2014, 07:50 AM
You can fire only a SINGLE shock ball. How is that spamming?

unless you spend your time calculating and predicting the player's movement in the game to kill him with a shock ball or a grapple hook
My point exactly!

kdawg232
01-25-2014, 08:21 AM

The benefits of secondary is huge when you run O as often as I do. People who camp in 1 spot going for efficiency, then this new mod helps them camp further. There's already so many insta servers out there, why convert to another one?

But the biggest complaint like I had before is when you go to combo someone, and they run into the shock ball at the same time you go to explode it, it creates a barrier wall for that guy and they end up not dying, leaving you open for an easy kill. Very frustrating. I think the best way to correct this and make everyone happy is make the shock ball do the same damage as it would in weapons (-60 per hit). This way you wouldn't die from spamming balls instantly but you also wouldn't be screwed by someone running into it, thus creating a barrier.

Keith
01-25-2014, 08:29 AM
in combo people are too busy spamming shock balls hoping for kills instead of trying to aim that's my point

kdawg232
01-25-2014, 08:40 AM
in combo people are too busy spamming shock balls hoping for kills instead of trying to aim that's my point

There's spam in any mod really. In weapons, you have the people who just load up on rockets. In insta, you have the people who sit in 1 spot and once you turn the corner, bam, they hit you with an easy shot. You can't make everyone happy....I just feel like if people want insta, then go to the 1000 insta servers out there. There's no point in combo in this mod because it actually hurts you by going for it with that barrier I mentioned above.

Keith
01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
thats why i completely gave up on combo... so i think its a good thing sam fixed it

SAM
01-25-2014, 10:09 AM
You can fire multiple alt now which means it allows for more skillful comboing and also the ability to fire some decoys. When the Alt hits a player you can still primary fire the person. So if the Alt is hitting the player and you're just about to combo anyway, you would still get the kill unless your aim was off?

Allowing the Alt to do dmg makes it more spammy. It covers a bigger radius then primary which means you could cover the whole map and spawns with Alt. We could go with limiting to one only but the idea behind this version is to make combo server more skillful. Because good comboing is hard to master.

~~D4RR3N~~
01-25-2014, 03:25 PM
just a friendly reminder that we are talking about ctf, so is not only about aim, but going for the flag, covering, etc aswell

Keith
01-25-2014, 03:52 PM
so?

kdawg232
01-25-2014, 04:50 PM
You can fire multiple alt now which means it allows for more skillful comboing and also the ability to fire some decoys. When the Alt hits a player you can still primary fire the person. So if the Alt is hitting the player and you're just about to combo anyway, you would still get the kill unless your aim was off?

Allowing the Alt to do dmg makes it more spammy. It covers a bigger radius then primary which means you could cover the whole map and spawns with Alt. We could go with limiting to one only but the idea behind this version is to make combo server more skillful. Because good comboing is hard to master.

It's not that aim was off...at first you might think that but usually when primary hits directly into the guys chest over and over again without a kill, it leads you to believe a barrier is created from the shock ball. But maybe that's just me? I also seem to be the only one who has an issue on Woot where people are invisible.

Fader
01-26-2014, 05:29 PM
I like that shock balls do no damage now... the only problem is that now its become a viable strategy to run into people who are intending to combo you just to make their ball go away... which is kind of a crappy side effect. if it's going to do no damage then maybe make it so shock balls don't collide with players?

PK+
01-30-2014, 10:04 PM
I need to say that in the new combo setups the players are going to skillful, only hard players with good aim are playing this now, the server seems be not the same as formerly, we was accustomed to kill with grabe and jumping at head and spamming secundary ball, the changes are good but we gonna feel absence of the mods.