PDA

View Full Version : ESL 1on1 iTDM cup open for signups

xziaz
01-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Hello UK's

I was just thinking about this forum and to post the information here aswell. I will be holding a cup with ESL for UT99, currently I have 38 signups and will probably be alot more. Doing this to show them that UT99 still is active, and I thought that 1on1 would be a good startcup/testcup to show them. If I succeed with this, we will have 5on5 iCTF, 2on2 iCTF/iTDM, normal weapons with same mods etc. I'm aslo going to try to introduce BT to them. But with this said, if you love UT99 and want competitive back please sign up and show support to get back into ESL.

You can sign up with an ESL account here: ESL: UT 1on1 ZP iTDM Test Cup is coming! - News - New Games - Europe - ESL - The eSports League (http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/235973/) and if you don't have one you can just create one.

And if you have any questions about this you are more than welcome to join #esl.newgames @ Quakenet and I will help you as much as I can.

Hope to see some of you sign up for this!

Take care

/MarKy^

RTG`
01-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Hello UK's

I was just thinking about this forum and to post the information here aswell. I will be holding a cup with ESL for UT99, currently I have 38 signups and will probably be alot more. Doing this to show them that UT99 still is active, and I thought that 1on1 would be a good startcup/testcup to show them. If I succeed with this, we will have 5on5 iCTF, 2on2 iCTF/iTDM, normal weapons with same mods etc. I'm aslo going to try to introduce BT to them. But with this said, if you love UT99 and want competitive back please sign up and show support to get back into ESL.

You can sign up with an ESL account here: ESL: UT 1on1 ZP iTDM Test Cup is coming! - News - New Games - Europe - ESL - The eSports League (http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/235973/) and if you don't have one you can just create one.

And if you have any questions about this you are more than welcome to join #esl.newgames @ Quakenet and I will help you as much as I can.

Hope to see some of you sign up for this!

Take care

/MarKy^

That's really nice but you should've looked up about the upcoming 1on1 NW cup at #ut1 @Quakenet. Even the topic announced it.
http://raaftv.bl.ee/index.php?site=cups&action=details&cupID=7
(Today this site is down for a while and it will be up soon, there are 32 signups)

2 weeks ago when this 1on1 NW cup was planned, a lot of players signed up.. There are some famous oldschoolers involved so many people got interested in seeing it. But couple days later, all the sudden this one comes which is really importan for UT99 support. Both of the cups are at different time, but they are at the same date and there are players that are signed up in both cups. I dont know how long this 1on1 NW cup will last, but a whole day of playing UT99 games and probably without even eating will be too much for people. Will they even bother to play that long nowdays?

So this 1on1 NW cup is importan to me because I am 1on1 NW player and nowdays its incredably dead. There are only couple of active div1 players playing it. Its the first 1on1 NW cup in years.

So my suggestion is to delay one of the cups for the next Sunday. It will be the 1on1 NW cup probably.. We might have to open the signups again if some people are busy the next Sunday.

GL with the cup.

xziaz
01-24-2014, 12:14 PM
That's really nice but you should've looked up about the upcoming 1on1 NW cup at #ut1 @Quakenet. Even the topic announced it.
http://raaftv.bl.ee/index.php?site=cups&action=details&cupID=7
(Today this site is down for a while and it will be up soon, there are 32 signups)

2 weeks ago when this 1on1 NW cup was planned, a lot of players signed up.. There are some famous oldschoolers involved so many people got interested in seeing it. But couple days later, all the sudden this one comes which is really importan for UT99 support. Both of the cups are at different time, but they are at the same date and there are players that are signed up in both cups. I dont know how long this 1on1 NW cup will last, but a whole day of playing UT99 games and probably without even eating will be too much for people. Will they even bother to play that long nowdays?

So this 1on1 NW cup is importan to me because I am 1on1 NW player and nowdays its incredably dead. There are only couple of active div1 players playing it. Its the first 1on1 NW cup in years.

So my suggestion is to delay one of the cups for the next Sunday. It will be the 1on1 NW cup probably.. We might have to open the signups again if some people are busy the next Sunday.

GL with the cup.

Hello RTG`

If you are talking about rAvje's cup I am aware of this, I asked him if he could move the cup up one week but he didn't want to since I don't set the dates for ESL. They decided this date and I just followed it, but in worst scenario I could maybe get the staff that the cup gets pushed one week. But I would need to tell all the people signed up aswell so it doesn't get any complications. Actually the ESL cup was planned before rAvje put his up, I remember that we announced it one day after he announced his I think :).

I also asked rAvje if he could stream the cup, I know that his starts at 13.00/14.00 and ours starts at 20.00. But they are using BO3 and it's NW so it will take a long time for that cup to end since I've held cups before under #rbonline using the same rules. But i'll most definitely try to get the cup pushed one week.

Thank you for your response.

UNrealshots
01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
lol @ zp

Higor
01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
xziaz

Either ask TimTim to setup NN for the cup.
Or load LCWeapons mutator instead if things get too difficult UT99.org | LCWeapons (build 0005) : Mutators (http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5201)
Any of those 2 is better than ZP is.

xziaz
01-24-2014, 01:01 PM
xziaz

Either ask TimTim to setup NN for the cup.
Or load LCWeapons mutator instead if things get too difficult UT99.org | LCWeapons (build 0005) : Mutators (http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5201)
Any of those 2 is better than ZP is.
I've PM'd TimTim about this, I got no response. I do have one of the latest newnet that got leaked, nothing i'm going to use on the servers since it's his work and I won't be using it without his permission. So basically it's up to him.

SAM
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
We could host it on one of our instagib servers, if interested.

TimTim
01-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I've PM'd TimTim about this, I got no response. I do have one of the latest newnet that got leaked, nothing i'm going to use on the servers since it's his work and I won't be using it without his permission. So basically it's up to him.
I have my reasons for not releasing it to the public just yet. If you can wait just a liiiiittle bit longer, you'll see why.

~~D4RR3N~~
01-24-2014, 09:35 PM
I have my reasons for not releasing it to the public just yet. If you can wait just a liiiiittle bit longer, you'll see why.
Those reasons better be these:
- Quicker HUD updates
- Custom death messages
- Colored messages/names
Custom crosshairs for each weapon
- Better dodging compensation for curving projectiles (grenades, goo, and flak secondary)
Hammer AltFire (deflection)

Seriously Tim, waiting real hard for these changes :DDDD
Once again, congratz for NN!!

xziaz
01-25-2014, 09:32 PM
We could host it on one of our instagib servers, if interested.
Thank you, that is very kind of you. But for this cup I will be sticking with zp, I can't change this the day before the cup starts. But there will be more cups ofcourse!

Sounds good man, maybe the future cups for ESL will be held with newnet which means that more people will probably sign up worldwide.