PDA

View Full Version : Server popularity

kdawg232
02-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Hate the complain but with this new mod, you can see a huge decrease is server popularity. I can understand why....A) Translocator never seems to work. B) Server plays extremely sloppy now C) The no ball damage really hurts people with average to less skill thus making the better players much better and thus making people quit faster and not play as much. As much as we all complain about noobs, it really is amazing how much better public servers are with them in there.

As for the popularity, based on this website zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - combogib by www.unrealkillers.com (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.40.199:7777/) [ut] Unreal Tournament, you can see basically when these new mods went into affect, it went from a flatline of like 6th or 7th down to 10 or 11. Just saying.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-05-2014, 11:56 PM
The no ball damage really hurts people with average to less skill thus making the better players much better and thus making people quit faster and not play as much

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/333/854/47a.gif

As for the popularity, based on this website zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - combogib by UnrealKillers.com | UnrealTournament 1999 GOTY Community (http://www.unrealkillers.com) [ut] Unreal Tournament, you can see basically when these new mods went into affect, it went from a flatline of like 6th or 7th down to 10 or 11. Just saying.

The server was more popular when normal weapons wasn't played as much, it was more popular that the insta servers at one point. I bet I'm not the only one that stopped playing there all the time because of getting bored playing weapons on a server called zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - combogib.

TimTim
02-06-2014, 12:14 AM
There's some strange bug where you have to vote the weapons gametype twice in a row (after combogib) for the translocator to show up. It most likely has something to do with the grappling hook. I'll fix it soon.

SAM
02-06-2014, 02:16 AM
The main reason why ranking dropped is because there were two three days that the server was offline overnight for roughly ten hours each time.

Alt fire dmg is not that big of a deal. You couldn't spam it so it's not like something they relied on.

kdawg232
02-08-2014, 07:53 AM
The main reason why ranking dropped is because there were two three days that the server was offline overnight for roughly ten hours each time.

Alt fire dmg is not that big of a deal. You couldn't spam it so it's not like something they relied on.

I was mainly basing this off of what I see. I basically play the same times every week since I don't have time on weekdays to play so it's usually weekends I try to get some playing in. Previously the servers were packed when I played....now they are half full if I'm lucky. Either way, just don't want to see one of the few last good servers out there die off like so many before it because they kept changing how it played.

UNrealshots
02-08-2014, 09:32 AM
still dont understand why weapons is on a combo server if i wanted to play weapons id go to a weapons server... if i wanted to play combo id go to the comboinstagib server then it switches to weapons 1-2 maps laters then i just leave...

Danaaaaa
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
They've been playing NW maps for 2 hours now :D

~~D4RR3N~~
02-08-2014, 12:56 PM
still dont understand why weapons is on a combo server if i wanted to play weapons id go to a weapons server... if i wanted to play combo id go to the comboinstagib server then it switches to weapons 1-2 maps laters then i just leave...
I made a thread PRECISELY about this.
1) there arent much populated and GOOD nw servers. Lately the only way ive played 'nice' nw matches are argentinian pugs, and that is laggy as shit.
2) my thread quickly went down, regarding that uK once had a nw server, and i dont know dahell happened to said server...
3) jesus christ 0 alt damage is the best thing that could happen to combo...
4) TimTim yea bro, u should check on that c:

OuTlaW
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
1) there arent much populated and GOOD nw servers.
well tbh the only nw servers i see that have players on are pugs, guess thats why sam added a non-populated mod into a very populated one i guess

~~D4RR3N~~
02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
well tbh the only nw servers i see that have players on are pugs, guess thats why sam added a non-populated mod into a very populated one i guess
there are 2 or 3 latin (ironically located in us for obvious reasons *spoiler*: ping) pure nw servers, but they arent much populated (but when they fill, they are very fun c:), but those have leaked nn versions, making them buggy as hell. Seriously waiting on Tim's newnet final release c:
but yea, pugs are the only way to play nice nw
**these posts are about nw ctf, there's like only 1 good nwdm server (FMJ)**

TimTim
02-08-2014, 03:23 PM
This is GU's/#uPug's official NewNet pub located in New York:
N E W N E T P U B - #uPug irc.utchat.com - GlobalUnreal.com
unreal://74.91.123.91:7777

The default gametype is DM but you can vote any gametype. Right now it's kind of a waste of a server since it gets like 0 traffic. :(

SAM
02-08-2014, 03:29 PM
The reason there is nw on combo is 1. Nw servers don't populate. 2. The server was a move on server for the no downloads combo server which had nw on it. 3. This way people get to play both on a server that is populated???

Keith
02-09-2014, 06:50 AM
maybe it should say clearly that its a combo and nw server in the server name? just a thought

~~D4RR3N~~
02-09-2014, 11:51 AM
maybe it should say clearly that its a combo and nw server in the server name? just a thought
I agree

SAM
02-09-2014, 03:52 PM
There's no space. Plus people will see when they get in anyway???

Rahuah
02-10-2014, 08:59 PM
This is GU's/#uPug's official NewNet pub located in New York:
N E W N E T P U B - #uPug irc.utchat.com - GlobalUnreal.com
unreal://74.91.123.91:7777

The default gametype is DM but you can vote any gametype. Right now it's kind of a waste of a server since it gets like 0 traffic. :(

If you take off all the AI bots, or just had 1 godlike bot to goof around with until someone else joined, I'd play there more often to help get a match going.

ASLYE702
03-11-2014, 03:10 PM

100% Agree!

And we need more maps! It's possible?
Anyway I think the server is awesome now with the NewNet. Finally I can play "normally" without huge lag and without shockball spam, lol.