PDA

View Full Version : Mod applications

SAM
02-11-2014, 03:58 PM
There are five mod positions open mainly for the instagib servers however, you will have permissions to mod on the other servers.

It will be your duty to watch for rule breakers and ensure the servers remain an enjoyable environment to play in. This doesn't mean you should / have to stop playing completely to watch people. You can gather the evidence and enforce the ban at the end of map(example). Due to the nature of our servers, people mostly come to forum to complain and protest their innocence. You will make sure your evidence is clear and posted when you make a ban.

Only people who are active on forum and servers should apply. Don't bother posting your interest if this is your first forum post.

Keith
02-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd be glad to help you out if you need someone to clean the server out of lamers if you trust me and my judgement. I'm pretty active in the instagib servers, mainly the US one.

ZodiaK
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I'll apply, I'm active during the day but more so at night.

~Viper]LtD[~
02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Good idea.

Chamberly
02-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Hello, I want to apply. Do we apply by replying here or submit an application in PM? Thanks.

Jst2blond
02-12-2014, 05:11 AM
What an idea !! Well done !! . Hope for some at combo server not only insta ones . Maybe finalize this mod apply by making a poll with different names, because if they were mods chosen by forumers and players, they probably respect and support them more without bitchin . This is just my thought .
As you can see here http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.40.199:7777/top_players/ I mainly play at comboserver and BT so, not sure i have to appli to this or maybe a small sixth one for comboserver . BTW if needed, i am here .

|uK|Grimreaper
02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
i'll apply im active on all the servers except combogib and for the past few days i saw numerous players laming in ictf in bt blocking movers in siege removing stuff but i was powerless and couldnt do much at that moment i kept on warning them and tried to straighten them out but no effect..

terminator
02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
I would only apply for siege since i'm not active at other servers. I've also had few reports of players around (including those unsuccessful ones cuz no one could see my demo :( )
Willing to help!

Banny
02-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I would like to apply for siege server since I am active on it everytime. There are always idiots like moonlight who fuck up games most of the time.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-12-2014, 10:35 AM
zp| [====] [PURE] [INSTAGIB] [UK] [US] [DM] [====] admins lol, not siege.

Spiderman
02-12-2014, 10:50 AM
I want to apply for Instagib Servers and Siege.
Plus point which I can provide is as I am from India (GMT+5:30), mostly i see mods at night time (of India) in servers (mainly in siege server). Seen a lot of time that when mods are not there at that time players break rules. So I can provide coverage of that time also.

|uK|kenneth
02-12-2014, 11:30 AM
im up for siege.

LeBron
02-12-2014, 01:53 PM

Sounds like a perfect idea. I play mostly from 9am pacific Time, till 5pm. I spec, and join the gameplay to even teams out.

Basically i am putting 8 hours per day to UT. except saturday and sundays.

But it would be nice to finally enforce some rule's around here.

Shotman
02-12-2014, 03:35 PM
i think people that will qualify should know:
-difference between defending and camping
-difference between dming and covering the fc
-to not rage ban
-to warm the player first then kick him
-If the person applying for admin gets caught by another admin or player beaking the rules he or she will serve a harder punishment.

I think Sam should think some of those

Jst2blond
02-12-2014, 04:55 PM
-to not rage ban
-If the person applying for admin gets caught by another admin or player beaking the rules he or she will serve a harder punishment.

Agree and SAM is good at warMing people ( joke)
I think that most of the time when an admin is ON, lamers take attention at him and you don t have to warn them . First of all news mods have to be known in the forum and the server .They can t be known dmers, lamers, offensive or ex player with name in cheat entries...i see some applying.....I only dream about a kick button sometimes, it s enough for me and a simple kick is sometime better than a warn or a ban . Let seehow SAM choose Mods, we don t have to give him lessons for sure to make a nice survey squad .

PS : i vote Yeni Raki Perv boy aka Grimreaper :) always a nice guy since the beginning (some years ago) and Chamberly also, only see and talk to her few times but she seems to be very active at siege server

terminator
02-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Indeed! Highly reccomend to introduce each MOD about siege rules and ban penalties etc.
It wouldn't be good that different MODs are applying rules differently(Or that some of the mods doesn't even know siege rules), as it was the case pretty often.

Higor
02-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Look at the opportunists using this get into the bandwagon of Siege mods.

I give thumbs up to Grimreaper, nobody else.

Keith
02-12-2014, 06:59 PM
This is what I thought too?

Chamberly
02-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Chamberly also, only see and talk to her few times but she seems to be very active at siege server

Just because of this don't mean to prevent me to join to be a moderator. I can adjust hopping on different servers. I can give more priority to work as a mod than just being a player.

Off topic...
It look like some peoples over look the detail of this thread. This is not for the siege server. I'd apply for that too if it is opened, but it's not.

Murder
02-12-2014, 09:41 PM
-to not rage ban

I will be willing to apply, since i been in one of the most honest clans in UT999 NLA*, and i know some players know about the clan. I also believe in 3 warnings, instead of 1, that way people will get the hint. As for an admin abusing it's power, he/she should served a harder punishment.

terminator
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
I believe uK siege server needs more MODs too. Personally it doesn't really matter whether i'll become one or not, just that people respect rules or that we can rely on someone while playing(in case someone is breaking rules). I would vote for Grim and Chamberly! So far respecting rules and i don't remember any of them (ever) got banned.
Banny could pass up as well.

Banny
02-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Agreed with terminator. The number of posts in the complaint section are mostly about the siege server because everyday there is someone who trys to fuck up a game in some way. That doesn't mean a straight ban but 1-2 Warnings should get that thing in his mind but after that BAN! Rest is upto SAM whether he wants siege server MOD(s) or just for IG servers

deicide
02-13-2014, 08:43 AM
I would be willing to help you guys out; I'm mainly active on the UK server though.

|uK|Tomahawk
02-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind helping out on any of the servers if you give me a shot! My intrest in UT has been somewhat diminished because whenever I do decide to go on (siege, Combo, insta, dm server, even sometimes BT server....) I am asked numerous times if I have the power to warn or atleast kick a rulebreaker.

Im also putting this out there if you do accept me as a mod,(this would be my first mod position...no wait I had one ages ago but I cant remember what server it was for lawl) if you could give me a quick rundown and the procedure to posting a ban here on the fourms I will remember it and make a word document on my desktop so I will never forget it haha lol.

But yah If I was to get mod I would spend a lot more time on the servers just trying to do the job instead of actually playing because I hate rule breakers as much as anybody else and any game would be better off without them.

SAM
02-13-2014, 10:54 AM
My intrest in UT has been somewhat diminished because whenever I do decide to go on (siege, Combo, insta, dm server, even sometimes BT server....) I am asked numerous times if I have the power to warn or atleast kick a rulebreaker.

So you stopped being interested because you had no power?:violin:

|uK|Tomahawk
02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
No its not 100% the sole reason I stopped playing as much as I used to. I got a job that takes up time. I've become somewhat addicted to League( but then again A LOT of people here play it as well. :P ) also I barely know how to post real images on fourms (or give demos to Reb in season 2 haha) And lastly its just... a bit repetitive.

Also when people do ask me to warn, kick a rule breaker I do know the gist of it and tell them to take a demo and take a ss of the offender and post it on the forums if they want action done to the offender.

|uK|fleecey
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't mind having Grim as mod on siege, if something shit happen, we can always get rid of it.

|uK|Dem`
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
i've never ever been banned from any uk server and i bet that if grim gets mod powers he will rage ban my ass on his first chance ;(

LOL jk give to that negro mod powers if he's active ofc.

|uK|kenneth
02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Look at the opportunists using this get into the bandwagon of Siege mods.

I give thumbs up to Grimreaper, nobody else.

you gotta update grim about the rules he broke a rule uhhmm Yesterday? ask camilo and adrian ahaha

--- Updated ---

I've become somewhat addicted to League( but then again A LOT of people here play it as well. :P )

Where Is Dat VoliBear SAM!!!

Jst2blond
02-13-2014, 02:38 PM
It seems that this thread turn into " whose next mods for siege server"...but it seems that there is much more active mods there right now than the others servers ; UK, US and combo . I just give my thumb up to Grim cause he uses to play insta and siege too . Don t forget combo one, it really needs to be survey much more, i m fed up with go crying at SAM when it goes a no rules land . You don t know what i have to do SAM to handle my request !!!! :bj::sad:

stanisledom
02-13-2014, 02:57 PM
i vote for keith,zodiak,lebron,sja,deicide:) i dont recognise keith,zodiak and sja nicks from game but from what i read here they will be good, deicide i think know who he is and lebron i see often:) i just read the topic of laming in the servers, wanted to write myself one because i just left server ass molested. i use the nick akito altough i am not the only one playing on my laptop...

|uK|kenneth
02-13-2014, 03:45 PM
altough i am not the only one playing on my laptop...
be careful with dat..

SAM
02-13-2014, 05:15 PM
You don t know what i have to do SAM to handle my request !!!! :bj::sad:

:fapfapfap:

terminator
02-13-2014, 09:30 PM
:adminp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khem
02-14-2014, 03:28 AM
I will put myself forward. I have been playing the game since 99 (with a large break in the middle) so know the mechanics of the game, and the differences between playing lame, and playing clever. I am on the servers alot and can put the time in as i work remotely for most of the month so i am able to keep and eye on things and can be in IRC for !admin calls if needed.

I mainly play on Insta UK and US - but don't know enough about siege to admin there, so i would like to leave that to the pros ;)

I have posted demo's here before to try and help out, which has resulted in a fair few bans - and would happily be proactive in helping to keep the server sensibly moderated.

I moderate 2 PUG channels on quakenet already, so appreciate that patience is important instead of random kicks ad bans.

I would also like to nominate Deicide as he is a fair player, and has always been above board and sound on the forums as well as being proactive in helping tidy up the server. (no personal connection to the fella, but he seems to have the right kind of attitude for what you are looking for)

Anyway, either way its great you are takin the time to do this, so whatever the outcome, we will at least end up with better servers :)

Khem

deicide
02-14-2014, 05:03 AM
deicide i think know who he is [...]

No need to speculate, this is me: Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/ukstats/?p=pinfo&pid=22183)
;)

Just like Khem, I don't really play siege, so I'm mostly active on the UK and US iCTF servers. I will usually join a server almost everday for a while, so at least regarding iCTF I'm really active. I'm demorecording everytime I play or spectate and have spent quite some time to collect demos and posted them here in order to get certain known lamers banned. I'm currently not active on IRC, but I could be available for !admin calls as well since I'm usually working on my computer when I'm at home anyway.

I really think that more mods will make the servers better without necessarily having to ban more people. Once there are more active mods, people can actually be warned while they are playing and I guess that most of them will actually stop to lame once they realise that there is a higher admin presence.

I would also recommend Khem for the UK/US servers since he is one of the few people who has actually taken the time to post demos on here and he is quite active and plays fair. :)

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-14-2014, 09:52 AM
interesting....

|uK|riveN
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd like to help out on [UK] & [US] Instagib servers, you can trust me to keep everything fair, I'll have an eye on everyone!

I know the rules, I play ut active since 10 years =]

~Viper]LtD[~
02-16-2014, 05:38 AM
My vote goes to deicide and Khem for the uk/us servers.
Edit; Chamberly and Jst2blond as well!

HIGH+CAMILO
02-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Brainless GrimPipi??

SAM
02-19-2014, 06:28 PM
When can you all fly to the UK for interviews? Srs bizzniss.

Shotman
02-19-2014, 06:42 PM
with a cup of tea and some cookies?

Braka
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Applying to be server mod , played for many years so have enough knowledge about the game to know what is right and what is wrong

now for banning , i dont mind having this power but in all honesty kicking would be enough as it would give the people doing the laming a clear message not to continue irritating peoples gaming experience

knowing when someone is actively helping there team or going out there way to deathmatch and annoy people mid is another thing , people need to learn what is right and what is wrong in the game

some people do deserve a taste of there own medicine , lamers gona lame and with that they will be killed or hunted for disrupting peoples fun

as for people whining , its not always the players fault that they are a higher skill then you it does not make them lamers it just means they have the frag power to push forward and if killing you 3-4 times in your base while u respawn its not there fault for example you are merely cannon fodder , the quicker people learn the difference in skill level in this game the less whining and spamming about cheater / lamer / bot etc will happen.

ok back on track , i have a few people in mind on who are active around 90+% of the time , good people who dont rage or hold grudges and i feel would make good mods.

myself i feel i would be more into the kicking aspect of lamers then the banning part but both go hand in hand so i will see what happens.

active on UK/US/DM server thanks

Chamberly
02-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Are you kitten me? I don't have a passport and visa to get back in the US yet.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Are you kitten me?
i see what u did there

Khem
02-20-2014, 03:20 AM

As soon as you let me know when the company jet is picking me up.....oh hang on i live in the UK anyway damn it!

Jst2blond
02-20-2014, 04:49 AM
I thought it would be better using a boat right now with floods all over UK . Is it WATERWORL II thecamebackoftherevengeofBmovie ? :)
We are all living in yellow submarine, yellow submaaaarineeeee.....

|uK|kenneth
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Only if its blaze!

Coll@
02-20-2014, 02:06 PM
If you're looking for moderators permission for the old game you must be retarded. UT is dead and the servers are full of children. I can not imagine how you must be stupid to want to be in game mode to control the children and felt powerful. I play siege for about 5 years and I look and I can tell you that you are all gone insane and stupid as fuck

SAM
02-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Coll@

no need to post if you don't want to apply. If you think it's so retarded you can not visit the site and uninstall UT. Pretty simple???

We run servers for people to play on. Sure the game is ancient Egypt but believe it or not is more popular than the most latest sequels.

Moskva
02-20-2014, 03:59 PM
That's why you had the [PRO] server right? How did that go for you?

jajajajaja

Coll@
02-20-2014, 10:27 PM
That's why you had the [PRO] server right? How did that go for you?

jajajajaja
you must be very important in the life of the server on which you played. clans in which you "fell" I expected you to try to hurt me with a smarter sentence but obviously you do not have.
whether you feel the great power when you can ban someone in the game?
you must be fucked up guy. so please stfu

Coll@
02-20-2014, 10:42 PM
no need to post if you don't want to apply. If you think it's so retarded you can not visit the site and uninstall UT. Pretty simple???

We run servers for people to play on. Sure the game is ancient Egypt but believe it or not is more popular than the most latest sequels.
we all know what was the popularity of UT before and what it is now.
funny how someone can change when you get an admin for a video game (fleece), for example
I can not describe how much I laughed when I see how anyone can live up to this role, and how crazy it is that it looks as if they were real life and like to feel some sort of power.

This is so funny LEL

Moskva
02-20-2014, 11:26 PM
you must be very important in the life of the server on which you played. clans in which you "fell" I expected you to try to hurt me with a smarter sentence but obviously you do not have.
whether you feel the great power when you can ban someone in the game?
you must be fucked up guy. so please stfu

Cant really answer much because I'll be honest, I dont really understand your english

But about this question "whether you feel the great power when you can ban someone in the game?"

Nope, because I'm here to help and assist, how many ban threads have I started lately? none because a ban is the last option, if things can be talked over, then thats better for all parties.

|uK|Rays
02-20-2014, 11:49 PM
we all know what was the popularity of UT before and what it is now.
funny how someone can change when you get an admin for a video game (fleece), for example
I can not describe how much I laughed when I see how anyone can live up to this role, and how crazy it is that it looks as if they were real life and like to feel some sort of power.

This is so funny LEL

http://i.imgur.com/KUUxS9X.gif

Your posts are almost AnA quality, congrats!

SAM
02-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Coll@ no one asked you for your opinions. So keep them to yourself.

Banny
02-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Coll@ If you have issues with UT , no need to whine .. stop coming to forums & uninstall ut maybe(?) . We will give a farewell to you and AnA

Khem
02-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Yes it is an old game, which is why it is so important that the servers are moderated Col@. If the behaviour of a few, affects the enjoyment of the majority, then it goes from being an old game, to an extinct game, all the while people can still enjoy a few maps here and there it keeps the game and servers active and alive. Alot of the players there are casual, and just have a few maps or frags to relax after work, on their downtime - once you lose them as they get lamed every time they enter the server, you are left with no one.

Mods here have always been fair, and give people more chances than i think most server admins would - if is gets to the point your perma banned, you know you must have tested their mettle more than a little by then.

So instead of complaining, why not help and report back the players who make it less enjoyable for you?

regards

Khem

audiosonic
02-21-2014, 08:23 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/346/550/637.gif

Coll@
02-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Coll@ no one asked you for your opinions. So keep them to yourself.
we are just talking ... thats why you have this forum right ?
sorry if I said something wrong . I know true hurts sometimes.
I dont lick ass like most people here sorry

LeBron
02-21-2014, 01:10 PM

You are right, and have a right to express your opinion, but in a more non vulgar way. You don't play the game, "YAY for you" But let me explain something to you. Most of the players here, and on the server's that still don't know about this forum. Enjoy and Love this game, as much as "we" do.

Yes, it is a 10+ Year old game, but hey, we enjoy it. We relax playing it. And we laugh once in a while. Now just because you don't enjoy it. It doesn't mean, we can't enjoy it.

Look, Mod's are the one's that will teach this new youngsters the proper way, and fair way to play the game. You laugh at Sam, and other Players in here? Why? Because they are helping other players? Because they are teaching this new generation how to properly follow rules in a game, That can also be apply to their everyday lifes?

But as you stated it. You have a right to post in a forum. and Yes you do. But when you do. Only do it in a proper way, and if you don't have nothing good to say.

Don't say nothing.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2014, 03:03 PM

i guess you only do that when someones actually raping you in game then? brings back a lot of memories.

SAM
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
There's no asset licking involved in not posting something totally off topic.

Cannabis
02-21-2014, 04:43 PM
LeBron dude nice speech! Why you cheat then? What kind of fun it that? I wonder why u comment on this thread..mybe u find self in colla licking ass part haha :cooter:

Colla nedaj se prcat :)

Keith
02-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Is it still happening? Just out of curiosity since this thread has been around for a good week

|uK|chiseller
02-21-2014, 06:55 PM
It's being discussed, yes. I can already say though Colla's chances are rather slim due to his poor rimming technique - he's more a blower I've heard.

LeBron
02-21-2014, 07:31 PM
LeBron dude nice speech! Why you cheat then? What kind of fun it that?

Because we are human's, We make stupid desicions sometimes in life, and i chosed one :)

|uK|Grimreaper
02-21-2014, 07:38 PM
since its being discussed already why not close this thread its going off topic..

Shotman
02-21-2014, 07:48 PM
since its being discussed already why not close this thread its going off topic..

offtopic: was grim abducted by aliens?

Chamberly
02-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Grimreaper View Post
offtopic: was grim abducted by aliens?
offtopicx2: did you get your xmas present from santa? :D

|uK|Dem`
02-21-2014, 09:46 PM
YO! i'll aply, Dem for president

|uK|Grimreaper
02-22-2014, 06:36 AM
whut present lol :o

Banny
02-22-2014, 11:14 AM
whut present lol

DICKSTICKS.